PDA

View Full Version : Zombieville 2 - by Mika Mobile (Devs of Battleheart)

Jdragoon19
07-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Read about everything Mika Mobile has said about Zombieville 2 on their blog:
http://mikamobile.blogspot.com/2011/06/zombieville-2.html

In Zombieville 2, you'll find a large selection of character skins to choose from... we expect at least 20 for launch. Further, instead of them having "built-in" pros and cons, such as changes to movement speed, damage, ammo capacity etc, those benefits will be in the form of perks which you'll select yourself. So you'll be free to mix and match character skins with different bonuses that you prefer, rather than being roped into always playing the ninja if you prefer melee weapons, for example.

So to sum up: we basically started off with the intention of painting a house, but instead tore it down and are building a mansion on it. Hope that gives you an idea of what to expect when we release, which is expected to be sometime this summer.

This is just a little bit of what Mika Mobile said, so go check out the link to their blog to see everything they said. Mika Mobile also talks about multiplayer as well!

crex
07-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Wow!

doodlejumper
07-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Been excited for this one for some time now!

phattestfatty
07-09-2011, 09:13 PM
http://mikamobile.blogspot.com/2011_07_01_archive.html

most recent one. mentions zombieville 2 towards the bottom. :)

Jdragoon19
07-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Eh. The most recent blog post about Zombieville 2 (what phattestfatty said) is only about the music and sounds though. But, here it is if people want to read it:

Zombieville 2 is also coming along nicely, and we're still planning to release this summer. The latest cool thing is the first of our music tracks coming online for it, which is always an exciting time in the project. Final music tracks really help the project feel more like a real game, and less like a pile of systems and art. We're planning to add some groovy dynamic music this time around, which increases in intensity as the chaos builds... a subtle effect, but its pretty cool.

SuRfPiG
07-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Been waiting to see a post about this. Has a more specific timeline been released?

MikaMobile
07-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Been waiting to see a post about this. Has a more specific timeline been released?

Making estimates too early kinda came back to bite me with Battleheart (since I slipped past the original date) but I can safely say the current goal is September for Zombieville 2. It's a realistic goal based on how things have been progressing, but as always we're more interested in making it cool than hitting a deadline.

oooooomonkey
07-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Sweet. This is sounding great can't wait.

SuRfPiG
07-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Can't argue with that lol. Would love some screen shots or a video though!

phattestfatty
07-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Can't argue with that lol. Would love some screen shots or a video though!

just play zombieville and imagine it to be a ton cooler. :p

MikaMobile
07-10-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm holding off on showing video/screens until we're a little closer to the finish line. That said, here's a little before/after to show you how our art has improved over the years.

http://www.mikamobile.com/beforeafter.jpg

undeadcow
07-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Will this make Zombieville 1 obsolete?

Unknown why I've never purchased the original; so I'm hopefuly for a *cough cough* free price drop promotion with the sequel.

phattestfatty
07-10-2011, 05:10 PM
YOU NEVER BOUGHT ZOMBIEVILLE?!?!?!?!?!? DO IT NOW!!! and I thought you were undead....

MikaMobile
07-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Will this make Zombieville 1 obsolete?

I wouldn't say that necessarily. It's actually going to play fairly differently - still a sidescrolling action game, but with enough tweaks to the formula that it's really its own beast. This was the main reason we chose to release it as its own game - it's not really an outright replacement for the original, and there may even be people who prefer the old one.

As far as pricing goes, we may do some kind of promotion with the original when the sequel comes out, but no decisions have been made as far as that's concerned.

brerlappin
07-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Will it be Universal like Battleheart or 2 versions like Zombieville 1?

MikaMobile
07-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Universal for sure.

master lee
07-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Awesome news man looking forward to play zombieville 2!!!!!!!!

eugekava
07-10-2011, 10:03 PM
I'm holding off on showing video/screens until we're a little closer to the finish line. That said, here's a little before/after to show you how our art has improved over the years.

Definite improvement! Survivor guy now has a cool 5 o'clock shadow and Zombie looks even more surprised!
Awesome! :)

Lazer
07-10-2011, 10:07 PM

Just gotta say MikaMobile, as a fledgling would-be dev, your art makes me super jealous. I honestly think it's the best 2d art style on the App store. Great job.

BL00DYM1K3
09-16-2011, 04:20 PM
cant΄wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

MikaMobile
09-20-2011, 11:32 PM
The end of summer is nigh, and sadly we're still not done with Zombieville 2. Sorry for the delay!

The game is steadily shambling towards completion, we just ran into the usual speedbumps that plague any game as it nears release. I just posted some first screenshots and a whole bunch of blithering about our design intent with this sequel, and how the gameplay has been changed since the original game, on our blog. Here's a link for those who are interested:

http://mikamobile.blogspot.com/2011/09/zombieville-2-details.html

Donovan1209
09-20-2011, 11:38 PM
The end of summer is nigh, and sadly we're still not done with Zombieville 2. Sorry for the delay!

The game is steadily shambling towards completion, we just ran into the usual speedbumps that plague any game as it nears release. I just posted some first screenshots and a whole bunch of blithering about our design intent with this sequel, and how the gameplay has been changed since the original game, on our blog. Here's a link for those who are interested:

Looking good, I'll be anticipating the release :D Zombieville USA was a great game!

dinoeggs777
09-21-2011, 06:19 AM

Nice!
But I'm kind of worried that for the 3 different fire buttons, the screen seems a bit busy and clogged. Is it fine once you start playing and remember where each button is?

LookingForGames
09-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Woooow looks awesome, can't wait!!!

Bertman
09-21-2011, 11:32 AM
I played the lite version of the first one and thought it's was meh. Maybe I would pay 99 cents but most likely not. I like side scrollers so I hope this next one gets my attention.

bigrand1
09-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Liked the first one a lot! It WAS frustrating, though, when you died, you had to start all over. Maybe that will be changed in this new one (I hope)!

MikaMobile
09-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Nice!
But I'm kind of worried that for the 3 different fire buttons, the screen seems a bit busy and clogged. Is it fine once you start playing and remember where each button is?

On screen buttons always look pretty huge and clumsy in screenshots, when there aren't fingers obscuring them. :)

I think you'll find that when you actually play it, your awareness of them quickly fades away and you kinda just operate on muscle memory after a couple minutes of getting used to their positions.

Game Whiz
09-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Hey Noah!

I'm sorry to hijack your thread, but when I saw Zombieville 2's screenshots and gameplay description, I was afraid that a few months from now you'd say we copied your ideas. So, without further delay, here are some screenshots from our game "A Bloody Bad Day":

http://gamewhizzes.com/images/0.jpg

http://gamewhizzes.com/images/1.jpg

http://gamewhizzes.com/images/3.jpg

http://gamewhizzes.com/images/5.jpg

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=107828

Gameplay is pretty similar to Zombieville 2, but with some tweaks. I guess we both got our inspiration from the same places :)

We should have it out by the end of the year, perhaps early 2012, and we weren't planning on publishing any screenshots until we were close to completion, but after your post we really had no choice :rolleyes:

Again, I'm sorry to hijack your thread. You've been nothing short of fantastic in Unity forums and I wish you a lot of success for Zombieville 2 and all your other games.

See you!

Alex

MikaMobile
09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
No worries Alex, I don't think I would have squealed "RIPOFF" if I saw this a few months from now. I don't claim to have invented the concept of side-scrolling action games. :P

arta
09-21-2011, 04:28 PM
I think both artstyles are different enough to avoid catcalls from paranoid fanboys crying idea theft. Then again there are idiots still crying about Muffin Knight and Super Crate Box so what do I know?

Any chance for online multiplayer?

Game Whiz
09-21-2011, 04:41 PM
No worries Alex, I don't think I would have squealed "RIPOFF" if I saw this a few months from now. I don't claim to have invented the concept of side-scrolling action games. :P

Thanks for your answer. Our games share a bit more than the side scrolling part (no worries there :P), that's why I was slightly worried. The weapon store, the player stats and even the GUI distribution look similar. The art styles are totally different and that actually has some impact on game play.

In the end I guess we're not really competitors, because in this price range people will buy multiple games of the same style. However I've got to admit that your games made me work much much harder than I would have without your "competition" :)

See you around,
Alex

P.S.- End of my thread hijack.

MikaMobile
09-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Any chance for online multiplayer?

You bet, co-op multiplayer was actually one of our major goals with this sequel, I just didn't talk about it much in that particular post. You'll be able to play Zombieville 2 online (with voice chat if you like) via Gamecenter. Local co-op via bluetooth is also available.

crunc
09-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Wow. Online with voice chat? That's pretty amazing. Definitely looking forward to this!

blebhertz
09-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Hey Mika Mobile

Any plans to make Battleheart 2? I love that game!

MystikSun
09-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Thanks for your answer. Our games share a bit more than the side scrolling part (no worries there :P), that's why I was slightly worried. The weapon store, the player stats and even the GUI distribution look similar. The art styles are totally different and that actually has some impact on game play.

In the end I guess we're not really competitors, because in this price range people will buy multiple games of the same style. However I've got to admit that your games made me work much much harder than I would have without your "competition" :)

See you around,
Alex

P.S.- End of my thread hijack.I don't think the two of you have anything to worry about. Both of you have put in a large amount of thought and effort into developing these games. Also, lots of games have similarities with each other. This stays true even to the big boys of the game developing scene. Popular FPS's have the same features (Call of Duty and Halo credits have the same functions in which it advances your rank and allows you to purchase things from an in-game store).

dinoeggs777
09-21-2011, 11:39 PM

See you around,
Alex

P.S.- End of my thread hijack.

Actually, your game looks pretty interesting too. I may end up getting it as well as Zombieville 2 because of this...

Vinny554
09-28-2011, 10:39 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9QNQHEaytGU/TnlU2VNFdQI/AAAAAAAAAAQ/tHayWskZ3d4/s1600/z2_2.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BLS_2MGAv60/TnlU2t_JpfI/AAAAAAAAAAU/YvVrsH7vobY/s1600/z2.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oOOLNAo63rE/TnlYcUqRNtI/AAAAAAAAAAY/pW89rAX_lqk/s1600/z2_3.jpg

.....bump?

LookingForGames
09-29-2011, 09:38 AM
I really love the zombieville art, it looks amazing!

Bertman
09-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Looking forward to this one. Hope it comes out in the next couple weeks.

luckystarla
10-03-2011, 09:32 PM
That is awesome! I really have fun with the first Zombieville and can't wait to see what happens in part 2!!!
--->
The only problem I had with it was with the last update - it took away the NEW controls - those were the controls I was use to playing with so the CLASSIC controls made it very difficult. It should be a choice, not an updating issue.

dinoeggs777
10-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Where is the hype?
Cmon guys, its ZOMBIEVILLE!!!

MikaMobile
10-03-2011, 10:46 PM
I plan to cut a trailer soon, maybe this coming weekend? I'm getting over a cold at the moment which is dampening my productivity a bit, but I'm confident the game will launch this month. I want to polish up some more background art before making a shiny launch trailer though.

Here's a laundry list of the stuff that's already complete to help fuel the hype machine. :)

• 15 player skins
• 5 zombie types
• 19 weapons, each upgradeable 5 times to improve ammo, damage, etc.
• 23 skills such as increased movement speed, health, melee damage, etc.
• 30 achievements
• Global Leaderboards
• Co-op over Bluetooth or Gamecenter

I can see the finish line!

jumpman475
10-03-2011, 11:15 PM
I plan to cut a trailer soon, maybe this coming weekend? I'm getting over a cold at the moment which is dampening my productivity a bit, but I'm confident the game will launch this month. I want to polish up some more background art before making a shiny launch trailer though.

Here's a laundry list of the stuff that's already complete to help fuel the hype machine. :)

• 15 player skins
• 5 zombie types
• 30 achievements
• Global Leaderboards

Dude, colds suck. Just avoid the flu! That feature list looks awesome! Co-op yes:D

plasmakirby3
10-03-2011, 11:23 PM

• 15 player skins
• 5 zombie types
• 30 achievements
• Global Leaderboards

You should have it release on Halloween :D

bigrand1
10-04-2011, 12:34 AM

I could've dug that!

MikaMobile
10-04-2011, 01:04 AM

Well, the target is "as soon as possible", but realistically with approval times and stuff it may be pretty close to Halloween. We shall see.

Greensheep
10-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Wow its releasing so soon?! Insta buy for sure haha. I'm really surprised that this thread only has five pages. I've always been a huge supporter or MikaMobile and I'm glad we will be seeing a sequel to their first hit on the idevices :)

Bertman
10-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Im hope this comes out in the next couple weeks

thehype
10-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Where is the hype?
Cmon guys, its ZOMBIEVILLE!!!

Here he is!

What's up? lol

xselsert
10-07-2011, 09:22 AM
So whats the news with this game?

master lee
10-07-2011, 10:47 AM
:DWell I'm a big fan of mika's games so this is insta buy!!!!!!!:D

MikaMobile
10-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi folks,

I finally have some video to show you guys. Here's the first footage of Zombieville USA 2!

KHgnKlHs2x8

We're just doing final testing/tuning at the moment, and expect to release by the end of the month. The exact release date is up to Apple's review process of course, but I think its realistic to say you'll be slaughtering zombies in time for Halloween.

Osmiral
10-11-2011, 02:28 PM
That looks amazing can't wait, still love to play the original!

Fireball926
10-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Oh...my...God I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR A SIDESCROLLER WITH MOVEMENT SIMILAR TO CASTLE CRASHERS..... I am now the happiest man in the world. :)

dinoeggs777
10-11-2011, 04:47 PM
This needs to be on the front page. I don't think anyone knows about this, cause there's only 6 pages on a Mika game, and this one looks freaking amazing.

arce
10-11-2011, 04:52 PM
support ipt 2g?

dinoeggs777
10-11-2011, 05:22 PM
It's on the front page
:)

Teh_Ninja
10-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Yeah Mika will this work on 2nd gens?

GamerGuy...lol
10-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Hi folks,

I finally have some video to show you guys. Here's the first footage of Zombieville USA 2!

YouTube: video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=KHgnKlHs2x8)

We're just doing final testing/tuning at the moment, and expect to release by the end of the month. The exact release date is up to Apple's review process of course, but I think its realistic to say you'll be slaughtering zombies in time for Halloween.

MikaMobile is a class act. CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!:D They have made this look like an incredible game, maybe even rivaling my personal favorite app, Battleheart. Hopefully there is an endless mode, which is kind of similar to the first game, not in looks and stuff like that, but as in you finish a round and collect cash and get new guns and stuff like that. This is a possible instabuy, and I have never bought a game on the 1st day it was released, EVER! Instabuy depends on the price, if its 2.99 I will buy in a heartbeat. Great job MikaMobile, I can't wait for this game and other great games that this company will release in the future.

GamerGuy...lol
10-11-2011, 06:08 PM
here he is!

What's up? Lol

lmfao

MikaMobile
10-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah Mika will this work on 2nd gens?

We've been testing on a 2nd gen every now and then throughout development and it's performed pretty well. Co-op multiplayer, however, is probably going to have to require 3rd gen hardware. Our tests so far have found wireless co-op to be quite sluggish on the 2nd gen - I wouldn't call it unplayable, but it's definitely not pleasant.

Bertman
10-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I never got into the lite version of Zombieville so never got the first one but for some reason im really looking foward to this one. Hope to get it soon.

nikhsterboi
10-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I've made it thus far without the full version of Zombieville. Actually, never played the lite either! Anyways, that's why I'm looking forward to this sequel.

arce
10-11-2011, 07:48 PM
We've been testing on a 2nd gen every now and then throughout development and it's performed pretty well. Co-op multiplayer, however, is probably going to have to require 3rd gen hardware. Our tests so far have found wireless co-op to be quite sluggish on the 2nd gen - I wouldn't call it unplayable, but it's definitely not pleasant.

please support ipt 2g

dinoeggs777
10-11-2011, 07:55 PM
I've made it thus far without the full version of Zombieville. Actually, never played the lite either! Anyways, that's why I'm looking forward to this sequel.

You're cheating yourself. Go now and buy Zombieville. Then make another account and buy Zombieville, Battleheart, and OMG Pirates to show Mika Mobile you're sorry for your cheating of yourself. Then do it again to support them. :)

bigrand1
10-11-2011, 09:14 PM

Wow, I definitely think the first one was a really good game, and it's worth checking out! This new one seems to have built a great deal on that one, and will be an instabuy for me! I've been waiting for this!

Blizzard500
10-11-2011, 10:14 PM
please support iPhone 3G

GoofyJmaster.
10-11-2011, 10:56 PM
I can't wait for this game to get released. It looks like you guys have done a great job of building upon the first game.

Game Whiz
10-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Congratulations!! This another sure hit!

crex
10-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Neat trailer! :)

lucrezio87
10-12-2011, 05:33 AM
instabuy for me!! great game!!

Movementcat
10-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Sorry this Game is a no go for me, they promised so much on Battleheart and they took 6 Months or something to bring 2 new Classes, and that just bcs to make Promotion for Zombieville 2 sorry no buy from me !

JBlunt
10-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Expected release was in summer. Is it out now?
From where i can download it?

SumoSplash
10-12-2011, 08:58 PM
I thought the first Zombieville was a great template with a ton of potential, while being hopeful that Zombieville 2 would build off it and take it to the next level. Based on what I am seeing, this is exactly what has been done and I am very excited for this game.

nikhsterboi
10-12-2011, 09:54 PM
You're cheating yourself. Go now and buy Zombieville. Then make another account and buy Zombieville, Battleheart, and OMG Pirates to show Mika Mobile you're sorry for your cheating of yourself. Then do it again to support them. :)

I'm not denying the fact that they're games are great - heck, I played the crap out of Battleheart. Just saying that I'm just going to wait for the second since it should be out very soon! :)

Had it been coming out two months from now, then I would've gotten the first. @MikaMobile, if you want to push the release date back, expect any extra $1.99 in your pocket - but also expect hundreds of pissed off gamers. ;)

dinoeggs777
10-12-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm not denying the fact that they're games are great - heck, I played the crap out of Battleheart. Just saying that I'm just going to wait for the second since it should be out very soon! :)

Had it been coming out two months from now, then I would've gotten the first. @MikaMobile, if you want to push the release date back, expect any extra $1.99 in your pocket - but also expect hundreds of pissed off gamers. ;)

I was joking. (I assume you got that, but just making sure, lol) From the way it looks, the second one looks quite different from the new one. But I completely understand where you're coming from.

GoofyJmaster.
10-14-2011, 06:31 AM
Expected release was in summer. Is it out now?
From where i can download it?

Not out yet

Gravity Jim
10-15-2011, 12:32 PM
It's in the home stretch.... I'm putting finishing touches on music/audio, and Mika Mobile is in final test phase now. Bound to be a #1 treat this Halloween.

gwet17
10-15-2011, 02:25 PM
It's in the home stretch.... I'm putting finishing touches on music/audio, and Mika Mobile is in final test phase now. Bound to be a #1 treat this Halloween.

You're doing the music again? YESSSSSS!!! <3

SoulBlade
10-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Will there be an OMG Pirates 2? Or any other beat em ups/hack n slash games?

V Kuolema
10-15-2011, 04:10 PM
I cannot wait for this game to come.

Loved the first one and this one looks even better. :cool:

nikhsterboi
10-15-2011, 04:14 PM
I was joking. (I assume you got that, but just making sure, lol) From the way it looks, the second one looks quite different from the new one. But I completely understand where you're coming from.

Yeah I knew you weren't for real. It's all good, I'm not too shallow like that! :D

Gravity Jim
10-16-2011, 09:38 AM
You're doing the music again? YESSSSSS!!! <3

Wow! Thanks.

genrou0
10-17-2011, 04:13 PM
"A quick update before diving back into final testing/tweaking - we're currently targeting this Friday for submission to Apple."

http://twitter.com/#!/MikaMobile

That is all. \(^0^)/

G

arta
10-17-2011, 04:16 PM
"A quick update before diving back into final testing/tweaking - we're currently targeting this Friday for submission to Apple."

That is all. \(^0^)/

GIf everything goes smoothly next week could be incredible for sequels.

GoofyJmaster.
10-17-2011, 04:22 PM
If everything goes smoothly next week could be incredible for sequels.

Not to hijack this thread, but what other sequels are coming out? You could just PM me the answer or something

Looking forward to this release!

arta
10-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but what other sequels are coming out? You could just PM me the answer or something

Looking forward to this release!Modern Combat 3 is out next week Thursday.

GoofyJmaster.
10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Modern Combat 3 is out next week Thursday.

Aha! That makes sense as to why it will be a great week for sequels.

Thanks!

nikhsterboi
10-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Modern Combat 3 is out next week Thursday.

Meh, not too big on that. Oh well, back on topic. Can't wait! :):D:):D

@Genrou, do you work for Mika?

MikaMobile
10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Meh, not too big on that. Oh well, back on topic. Can't wait! :):D:):D

@Genrou, do you work for Mika?

Nah, he's just quoting our twitter. Feel free to follow us if you want up to obsessively stalk our progress during these final days before submission. :)

genrou0
10-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Nah, he's just quoting our twitter. Feel free to follow us if you want up to obsessively stalk our progress during these final days before submission. :)

What he said ^ (>_<); hehe

And yes, I am "obsessively stalking their progress." MikaMobile is my favorite indy dev. (^_^);

G

crex
10-17-2011, 07:20 PM

That is all. \(^0^)/

G

Sweet!

Teh_Ninja
10-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Yeah :d

MikaMobile
10-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Just popping in here to say that I'm confident we'll be submitting to Apple tomorrow. Also, a bit of great news - thanks to Prime31, creator of awesome Unity plugins, we were able to integrate iCloud support at the 11th hour. So all of the characters, weapons, skills and upgrades you unlock can follow you from device to device if you're rocking iOS 5.

Cybertox
10-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Just popping in here to say that I'm confident we'll be submitting to Apple tomorrow. Also, a bit of great news - thanks to Prime31, creator of awesome Unity plugins, we were able to integrate iCloud support at the 11th hour. So all of the characters, weapons, skills and upgrades you unlock can follow you from device to device if you're rocking iOS 5.

Thats awesome.Will be the game released as soon as it gets approved or you have a special set date?

triggywiggy
10-20-2011, 12:02 PM

Well done and good luck :D

MikaMobile
10-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Thats awesome.Will be the game released as soon as it gets approved or you have a special set date?

Whenever Apple approves it basically, we're eager to get it out there.

genrou0
10-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Well done and good luck :D

... again what he ^ said. lol

G

Teh_Ninja
10-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Price and will it run on 2nd gens?

Also I'm super pumped for this!

arce
10-20-2011, 02:49 PM
supported ipt 2g?

Teh_Ninja
10-20-2011, 02:59 PM
supported ipt 2g?

thats what I just asked.....

MikaMobile
10-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Price and will it run on 2nd gens?

I'm in the process of deciding the exact hardware/OS cutoff point right now.

I'm optimistic that we can support 2nd gen devices, at least for singleplayer. Multiplayer is a no-go, it's simply way too slow/laggy. My only real concern is that loading times at the beginning of a level on 2nd gens are awfully high. I'm working on bringing them down to a reasonable level right now, there are a few optimizations in that area which have yet to be made.

arce
10-20-2011, 05:46 PM
thx MikaMobile

Gravity Jim
10-21-2011, 08:54 AM
The last track of music has been tweaked! It's bawesome, if I do say so myself. And I do. 'Cause it is. :D

dinoeggs777
10-21-2011, 09:08 AM
You could always let it be playable, but include something in the description about 2nd gens. Also, I wouldn't aim for a October 27 release date. You won't get game of the week. No offense, but MC 3 is coming out then.

WCFields
10-21-2011, 12:26 PM
looks great

Trysis3
10-21-2011, 12:44 PM
my most anticipated IOS game of the year!!! hope it comes out next week :)

LookingForGames
10-21-2011, 01:51 PM
my most anticipated IOS game of the year!!! hope it comes out next week :)

I hope it comes out this week;)

MikaMobile
10-21-2011, 04:36 PM
I hope it comes out this week;)

That would require a time machine... or for Apple to approve the game in 24 hours. I'm not sure which of those is less plausible.

I'm triple checking the last of my tweaks and fixes this afternoon, it'll be off to Apple for review in mere hours.

V Kuolema
10-21-2011, 04:42 PM
That would require a time machine... or for Apple to approve the game in 24 hours. I'm not sure which of those is less plausible.

I'm triple checking the last of my tweaks and fixes this afternoon, it'll be off to Apple for review in mere hours.

Woo hoo, that's great news! :D

dinoeggs777
10-21-2011, 06:14 PM

Great!! But again, I wouldn't suggest releasing it next week. Too many other games are coming out. Wait for the next week.

MikaMobile
10-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Great!! But again, I wouldn't suggest releasing it next week. Too many other games are coming out. Wait for the next week.

Maybe they should move their releases? :D

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be too worried for us. Apple has done a great job of giving our games the visibility they need in the past, so I'm pretty confident we won't get lost in the noise regardless of which day we release.

v1.0 has officially been submitted. I think its also safe to finally report that we're planning on debuting the app at $0.99. Hope you guys will check it out, and have some fun blasting zombies. :)

Teh_Ninja
10-21-2011, 08:28 PM
So this will work on 2nd gens, just not the multiplayer though right?

(Which is cool as I don't play games online on my iPod)

Also this would come out next Thursday (Wednesday night) the 27th right?

dinoeggs777
10-21-2011, 08:30 PM

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be too worried for us. Apple has done a great job of giving our games the visibility they need in the past, so I'm pretty confident we won't get lost in the noise regardless of which day we release.

v1.0 has officially been submitted. I think its also safe to finally report that we're planning on debuting the app at $0.99. Hope you guys will check it out, and have some fun blasting zombies. :)

Lol
Yeah, I'm sure you guys sill do great. I wish you the best of luck, I'll definitely be picking it up.

GoofyJmaster.
10-21-2011, 08:47 PM

Wow! I can't wait to pick up this game once Apple approves it. I would've definitely paid more for it.

Thanks and good luck! ;)

V Kuolema
10-21-2011, 08:49 PM
If it's a .99$ app, firstly that's a steal, Zombieville USA was the first app I bought when I got my first iTouch oh so many years ago and started to get into the whole iOS gaming thing, and I have put a stupid amount of time into that game... Not sure why I play it so much... I just really like killing zombies.

Anyways, at .99$ even with a torrent of other games, you can usually do great just by virtue of being cheap. It's also got the power of being the sequel to a massively successful game so people will recognize it.

Regardless, I'll be getting it as soon as it releases!

MikaMobile
10-21-2011, 10:27 PM
So this will work on 2nd gens, just not the multiplayer though right?

That's right. I was just testing it out today to be sure. I mean, it's pretty painful playing it at retina resolution and 60 frames per second on my 4S, and then going to the iTouch 2nd gen... it's playable, but for the true Zombieville experience you really want at least an armv7 device.

ShempSter
10-22-2011, 12:10 AM
I love this game, I wish I was good enough to use Unity 3D

Teh_Ninja
10-22-2011, 12:56 AM
That's right. I was just testing it out today to be sure. I mean, it's pretty painful playing it at retina resolution and 60 frames per second on my 4S, and then going to the iTouch 2nd gen... it's playable, but for the true Zombieville experience you really want at least an armv7 device.

So does it lag pretty bad on older devices?

(Yes I'm getting a 4s in the next month or so, but for now this is what I got)

Jdragoon19
10-22-2011, 01:04 AM

Well, I don't think he would say it is "playable" if it lagged.

TheClaff
10-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Universal, icloud support and 99 cents!!? You guys deserve huge success just for that. (and because your previous games have been so good no doubts this will be great as well).

Raro
10-22-2011, 01:30 AM

Any hope in there being a Battleheart Sale? :D (Yeah, might be a long shot but it worked when someone asked for a Real Racing 2 one! <3)
Can't wait for this, will definitely be an insta-buy from me!

vernalequinox
10-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Another exciting week ahead! Great job Mika Mobile. Look forward to the game and will purchase upon release!

Fireball926
10-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Really excited about this. Zombieville was on my iPod the day I got it and it will never leave.

arce
10-22-2011, 11:13 AM

no,only lag on multiplayer mode.

Teh_Ninja
10-22-2011, 08:35 PM

Sweet thanks, are the loading times long though?

MikaMobile
10-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Sweet thanks, are the loading times long though?

I fixed them, used to be like 20+ seconds on an itouch 2nd gen, brought it down to 5-6ish.

crex
10-22-2011, 09:08 PM

Cool. I can live with that.

jumpman475
10-22-2011, 09:26 PM
I fixed them, used to be like 20+ seconds on an itouch 2nd gen, brought it down to 5-6ish.

lol That's pro

Teh_Ninja
10-23-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't know if this was answered before, but should this be releasing on the 27th?

BadSanta
10-23-2011, 03:45 PM
buyed the first and enjoyed a lot (I still remember the crappy framerate from the first version and the efforts to make it smooth), looking foreward to the release.
and congrats to the dev, every game you've made since the first zombiville was great.

Cybertox
10-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Im really looking forward to the sequel.

plasmakirby3
10-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Not sure if this has been asked before, but will there be chat in the online co-op?

MikaMobile
10-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Not sure if this has been asked before, but will there be chat in the online co-op?

Yea, voice chat is in there, you just turn it on in the options menu. I was just trying it out with my brother 800 miles away. :)

jumpman475
10-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Yea, voice chat is in there, you just turn it on in the options menu. I was just trying it out with my brother 800 miles away. :)

Awesome

KiwiLime
10-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Now that you've submitted the game, is there a release date? :D

LookingForGames
10-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Now that you've submitted the game, is there a release date? :D

yeah I'd like to know that too:D

Eraser74
10-24-2011, 10:11 AM
They said that when Apple approved the app, they would release it right after that.

So all depends on Apples approval process.

Is there any news on this Mika?

Teh_Ninja
10-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Come on Apple, approve this already!

genrou0
10-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Come on Apple, approve this already!

Agreed!

G

doodlejumper
10-24-2011, 04:56 PM
They're keeping it locked up for their own entertainment....

bigrand1
10-24-2011, 08:19 PM
They're keeping it locked up for their own entertainment....

Shhh! It's a secret!

KiwiLime
10-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Ahhhh, they haven't updated their twitter either since YESTERDAY. It's been far too long.

crex
10-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Curse the approval process!!! Just do it already Apple!

Teh_Ninja
10-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Curse the approval process!!! Just do it already Apple!

48 hours....

undeadcow
10-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Another day passes without Zombieville 2...

hapaninja
10-25-2011, 09:17 PM
I've been playing BattleHeart lately, and Mika Mobile, you guys rock. You were one of the grandaddies of bringing awesome to iOS, and it wasn't just due to a less competition at the time. Still making great games like this. I'm stoked.

GoofyJmaster.
10-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Another day passes without Zombieville 2...

Their latest Twitter update said between Thursday and Friday.

Teh_Ninja
10-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Their latest Twitter update said between Thursday and Friday.

Which means it should be out tomorrow in NZ :D

crex
10-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Which means it should be out tomorrow in NZ :D

For some reason I picture a simultaneous worldwide release, like Battleheart.

Teh_Ninja
10-25-2011, 11:46 PM
For some reason I picture a simultaneous worldwide release, like Battleheart.

I had my hopes up, and you done ruined them...

Thanks crex :P

bigrand1
10-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Ah, yes! I think the wait will be worth it!

crex
10-26-2011, 02:14 AM
I had my hopes up, and you done ruined them...

Thanks crex :P

I was actually talking about Thursday though. :D A simultaneous worldwide release on Thursday.

MikaMobile
10-26-2011, 03:14 AM
It really just depends on Apple. In my experience, 5-7 days is pretty typical for review times, hence my guess of Thurs/Fri, but it's merely a guess. As soon as it's approved, I'll pull the trigger and deploy it worldwide. There's always the possibility of a rejection too, though that would be a Mika Mobile first.

Eraser74
10-26-2011, 06:57 AM
I will keep my fingers crossed for a thursday release! Hopefully Apple will approve it quickly!

Cybertox
10-26-2011, 08:24 AM
@MikaMobile
Could you please post the complete list of the characters and weapons?

Teh_Ninja
10-26-2011, 09:19 AM
APPLE HURRY UP....

Or we will ALL come to you're offices and slaughter you! (Only joking....or am I?)

doodlejumper
10-26-2011, 10:10 AM
I will kill for this game. Oh, correction, I will kill in this game. :p

Latioro
10-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Sorry if my question sounds stupid : The multiplayer will allow us to play in co-op only with friends or there will be sort of a matchmaking ?

I am really looking forward to play the game :)

A French fan

Amenbrother
10-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Universal, icloud support and 99 cents!!? You guys deserve huge success just for that. (and because your previous games have been so good no doubts this will be great as well).

Any way we can get icloud support for Battleheart?!!? I really dont want to start a new game on my ipad when I have a good one on my iphone.... :cool:

MikaMobile
10-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Sorry if my question sounds stupid : The multiplayer will allow us to play in co-op only with friends or there will be sort of a matchmaking ?

Whichever you'd prefer, though I imagine the experience will be better playing with friends. Gamecenter does provide matchmaking, so you can simply hit "play now" and it'll throw you into a game with a stranger. I don't know how good Apple's matchmaking is though, or what factors it considers. If you get matched with someone on the other side of the world with a crappy internet connection, you're likely to get some serious lag, and I don't know how well gamecenter avoids situations like that.

Any way we can get icloud support for Battleheart?!!? I really dont want to start a new game on my ipad when I have a good one on my iphone.... :cool:

iCloud is pretty easy to implement, so we'll probably add it to Battleheart in our next update. I don't know when that will be exactly.

Amenbrother
10-26-2011, 07:18 PM
iCloud is pretty easy to implement, so we'll probably add it to Battleheart in our next update. I don't know when that will be exactly.[/QUOTE]

Omg that would be so awesome if you would! You guys are awesome to your fans thats for sure!

KiwiLime
10-26-2011, 11:03 PM
I guess it's not coming out tomorrow. :[

undeadcow
10-26-2011, 11:20 PM
MikaMobile never promised a release date other than to say as soon as it's approved. On Twitter they speculated Thursday or Friday and that could still likely happen. Since it may not be a scheduled launch it could pop up mid-day or at any other time worldwide.

V Kuolema
10-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah, they said earlier in this thread that it'll go up when it's approved... So it could be any time.

That said, I hope it's sooner rather than later. :D

Eraser74
10-27-2011, 05:11 AM
Still no Zombieville 2 on the appstore???

Come on Apple!

wolfpowpow
10-27-2011, 05:48 AM
Wow! After all the updates there's still room for improvements.
good job!

Teh_Ninja
10-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Apple is probably playing this, and they have forgotten they have to approve it for release.

Cybertox
10-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I think Apple takes more time than needed to review games.

genrou0
10-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Apple is probably playing this, and they have forgotten they have to approve it for release.

Hmmmm, I think you might be onto something here. (>_<);

G

Bertman
10-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah this should release this week! Perfect game for Halloween.

Teh_Ninja
10-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Apple hurry up!

V Kuolema
10-27-2011, 01:45 PM
A few times every hour I find myself checking the App Store to see if this is posted yet.

Rather exciting, haha.

genrou0
10-27-2011, 02:34 PM
A few times every hour I find myself checking the App Store to see if this is posted yet.

Rather exciting, haha.

That seems normal to me. (<_<) (>_>) hehe

You could also watch the trailer a few time in between checks (^0^);

G

MikaMobile
10-27-2011, 03:13 PM
It's been approved! We just pulled the trigger, so it should be appearing on the store worldwide in the next hour or two.

genrou0
10-27-2011, 03:13 PM
MikaMobile via twitter.
"Zombieville 2 has been approved! It'll start appearing in the app store sometime in the next hour or two."

\(^0^)/
G

Edit: ... lol You beat me to it here. f(^_^);

dinoeggs777
10-27-2011, 03:14 PM
It's been approved! We just pulled the trigger, so it should be appearing on the store worldwide in the next hour or two.

Finally!!
insta buy when it comes out.

Bertman
10-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Yes!! This will be my first Mika Mobile purchase.

backtothis
10-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Awesome news, will be getting it when it's out.

genrou0
10-27-2011, 03:21 PM

Ooooo, you must have Battleheart, ZV1 and OMG Pirates too.

G

backtothis
10-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Ooooo, you must have Battleheart, ZV1 and OMG Pirates too.

G

At least get Battleheart. It's a necessity for any iOS gamer. A sure contender for GOTY 2011.

V Kuolema
10-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Awesome news WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:D

Bertman
10-27-2011, 03:28 PM
At least get Battleheart. It's a necessity for any iOS gamer. A sure contender for GOTY 2011.

Yeah I have been thinking about getting Battleheart for awhile just not sure if its for me.

New England Gamer
10-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Oh my, you are missing something special with Battleheart. You must get that NOW oh poor deprived one!

Edit: the force seems to be strong on this one; follow the word of the people

genrou0
10-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Oh my, you are missing something special with Battleheart. You must get that NOW oh poor deprived one!

Edit: the force seems to be strong on this one; follow the word of the people

This^

G

Drexiel
10-27-2011, 04:21 PM
I know this is for ZV2 but, I REALLY want OMG Pirates... But everyone seems to back up Battleheart way more... I played on my friends iPod and i saw that the map had very few areas.... are those the only ones of after they're cleared will i unlock more areas? cuz by the time i reached half the map, i was like level 10.... and i saw skills go up to 30... any help regarding that?

*waits impatiently for ZV2 to appear*

New England Gamer
10-27-2011, 04:25 PM
It's already on the New and Noteworthy and it isn't even officially released! That has to be a first!

Brrobotix
10-27-2011, 04:34 PM
It's already on the New and Noteworthy and it isn't even officially released! That has to be a first!
I just saw that... maybe its about to be released?

Bertman
10-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Downloading now!

bigbowlofjelly
10-27-2011, 04:36 PM

SuperMexican
10-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Downloading!

mashead2000
10-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Cant buy it yet?? Will i be able to at 12? Or has it been pulled?

bigbowlofjelly
10-27-2011, 04:39 PM
zombieville USA 2
(http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/zombieville-usa-2/id454781476?mt=8&ls=1)

New England Gamer
10-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Cant buy it yet?? Will i be able to at 12? Or has it been pulled?
It should be immediate but it takes a little bit to propagate around the world. It was just approved hours ago. Give it a bit.

MikaMobile
10-27-2011, 04:41 PM
It's still just percolating through the app store's plumbing, shouldn't be much longer. Looks like some folks are downloading it, but I still can't see it from my phone (in the US).

ojtitus
10-27-2011, 04:42 PM
It's still just percolating through the app store's plumbing, shouldn't be much longer. Looks like some folks are downloading it, but I still can't see it from my phone (in the US).

Yeah, I'm sitting here hitting the refresh button rapidly. :D

Nicoquipi
10-27-2011, 04:43 PM
downloading it from Argentina :D

dinoeggs777
10-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I'm sitting here hitting the refresh button rapidly. :D

I found it under the ipad section, not the iphone. Downloaded it from there, since its universal. Syncing...

Teh_Ninja
10-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Wow I posted the thread for this, and it got deleted, then I commented on the thread that was made after mine, and my post got deleted......

tbone
10-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Oh my god it's here! £0.69 as well. Ahhhhh!

Since87
10-27-2011, 04:48 PM
just got it.
couldnt search it had to click the link .. U.S

undeadcow
10-27-2011, 04:49 PM
New England Gamer's Zombieville USA 2 thread in main forum. (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=111725)

genrou0
10-27-2011, 04:59 PM
I see it in the US market now.

G