Gameloft .99 sale list

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by AENIGMA, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Junpei

Junpei Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Cool, I'll pick Altaïr's Chronicles since I've never played it on my DS, and I'm quite a sucker for all things AC related... thanks for the heads up! :D

2. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    How is Asphalt? I just got Shift 2 and lots of people are saying that Asphalt 6 is better.

3. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

I really wanted to try Asphalt 6 but I'm tired of being let down by Gameloft's game performances. Does it run steady, good FPS? Which system is better, iPad 1 or iPhone 4? Thanks!

4. Nizen

Nizen Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Student
    asphalt and gangstar...

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Asphalt 6 is the best arcade racer on the iOS. It's one of Gameloft's few good series.

6. Ethanp

Ethanp Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    How's the settlers?

7. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Lol.

Anything is better than Shift 2.

8. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    For 2.99 I went for it and honestly it's not that bad. I still prefer Real Racing 2 over any racer on iOS but Shift 2 is by no means as bad as some people say (if your ok with tilt controls, that is).

9. best

best Well-Known Member

asphalt is awesome, epic graphics and high polish. long maps. multiplayer/rank yea i recomend u getting it.

10. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Ashpalt 6 is my fav racing game on my itouch. ;) Hands down awesome.

11. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Yeah, I have nothing but good things to say about Asphalt 6. Everyone has an opinion, of course, but for an arcade-type racer, it's really excellent.

12. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#13 Habakuk, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011

(This is an early teaser video. The graphics are even better in the meantime after some updates.) For some friends and me personally Asphalt 6: Adrenaline is still nothing less than the

Best Video Game of All Times!

We are playing it A LOT with iPads—bluetooth multiplayer, a complete new (okay since Asphalt 5) and sparkling social gaming experience (far better than all that online stuff if you ask me)—and can't get enough of it. I have all versions since Asphalt 4 inclusive Mac version (and almost all other high quality racers for iPhone, iPad to be able to compare). The highly-praised Real Racing 2 feels like a cheap slow-motion event compared to Asphalt 6!

In this game you can also see how far superior iOS is against Android technically (multiplayer, graphics, HDMI video out, gyro supported controls). I had a chance to play the Android version recently with one of the newest smartphones, it was a Samsung Galaxy S 2 afair. (BTW there is no multiplayer mixed with Android and iOS versions.) iOS is just another league.

Special and brilliant graphics for iPad 2, high framerate. Awesome jumps, exotic tracks and the latest supercars. Very well done slow-motion examinations of the wildest crashes. Perfect career mode, car upgrade system, balanced difficulty and spot-on controls. Most impressive speed feeling of all iOS games (even non-grav racers, space and fantasy racers). Best (techno) music and fx sound with a detailed sound mixer in the options. An overall exclusive high tech game. Polished like a calm sea in heaven. Absolutely exciting and nerve-wracking!

Here my review. It's German-language but you'll find some links, screenshots, videos and lists of cars, bikes and tracks. A must have for racing and action fans with an iOS device esp for that price!

tA main thread with retina screenshots (again a bit outdated), some tips for the hard duel races and more words of mine. :)

Interesting: There was an update recently but only for the iPhone version. ONE new (and not very interesting) car and an IAP option to unlock everything. Unlike other racers in multiplayer you can use any track and car from the very beginning (no need to unlock first).

Can't await Asphalt 7. I checked Gameloft website and forum recently but there is no evidence yet. Maybe the tA chief editor could send them an official query? (Thx in advance.) The newest thing is that they bring Asphalt 6 "Mobile Version" (??? for no-smartphones maybe) in the second half of 2011.

Don't miss that sale, folks. There is a free lite version for iPhone/iPod so you can try it before purchase. Here an image of the Volkswagen/Bugatti (the photo is not a screenshot of the game):

[​IMG]

13. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    any reviews on Settlers? :D

14. Gnome

Gnome Well-Known Member

The Settlers is a steal for $.99. A most excellent strategy offering with equally brilliant mechanics and visuals.

A must have really.

15. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Settlers doesn't have skirmish though... Does it? Asphalt 6 is terrible. NFS 2 is way better.

16. wilflare

wilflare Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Singapore
    hmm seems like i might just get Settlers (how is it different from say Civilizations?)

17. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    They keep putting the same games on sale everytime :(
    How about some of the newer ones GL? :cool:
    Got them all since last year.

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's not turn-based. Otherwise, it has a lot of depth just like Civ Rev. The game focuses mainly on building a society and economy rather than on managing an army. Not my kind of thing even though I love RTS games, but it's a pretty well-made game.

19. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Any of these worth getting besides Asphalt 6 (which I already own)? And if none of these are, is Uno? Wish they'd put a few of their better games on sale, the last couple sales (since the NOVA 2 week) have been meh...but for gameloft generally that doesn't mean not worth buying :D