PDA

View Full Version : Pogo Stylus Review!

VictorStar
11-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Just got one in the mail and ran it through a few games. It's an aluminum stylus that's right at 3.5 inches long and .25 inches in diameter. The tip is a soft foam type that slides nicely over my iPod touch with a screen protector. It does take a small amount more pressure than your finger to activate but I think it would still be comfortable to use over long peroids of time.

I tried the stylus out with Enigmo, Besiegement, Fieldrunners, LineRider, Pakoon3, Trace and Virtual Villagers. Placing towers in Besiegement is spot on now. The lines I draw in LineRider and Trace no longer look like a grade schooler made them. Aiming the tools in Enigmo is so much easier and accurate. Zombie Invasion is great with the stylus also. I didn't have any problems with my drawing or taps not being recognized.

I did some research before buying this stylus and all of the reviews I saw online picked this model over the others. Right now I am loving the stylus but I will report back in a day or so to let you know if my opinion changes.

Coral
11-08-2008, 04:07 PM
How do you preform multi-touch gestures such as zooming in Photos? I would assume you have to use both the stylus and your finger.
I really don't see the purpose of a stylus.

VictorStar
11-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Well the stylus would be pretty worthless for viewing photos and with a lot of the games out. With FieldRunners I use the stylus and a finger for zooming.

To me the advantage of using a stylus is accuracy. My big fat calloused finger gets in the way on tight games like Besiegement.

Anorym
01-12-2009, 07:36 PM
is the only way to get that is ordering by mail or you can find that in some stores?

Herp
01-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Sounds neat.

But I think I'd prefer my fingers over a stylus.... That's one thing I prefer to the iPhone over the NDS, no pens. :)

Anorym
01-12-2009, 07:41 PM
only reason im looking for one is that i bought flipbook recently and drawing with your finger isn't that easy, i was just wandering if you can find this in apple store?