PDA

View Full Version : iPad Fortress Under Siege for ipad

Matrix
10-10-2011, 08:38 AM
A conspiracy throws our kingdom into the most dangerous moment, which needs you and your army to shoulder the responsibility of safeguarding the kingdom. The powerful enemy already launches the attack, which leaves you no choice as you are the last hope of the kingdom.
The particular fortress construction mode allows you to build the unique fortress of your own, which will bring you a strong sense of proud especially when seeing tens of thousands of enemies fall in front of your elaborate fortress. Feel free to build walls and fortresses, set up gatehouses, pits, barriers and towers and paint pitch on the ground to launch fire attack against your enemy. You can also build all kinds of buildings to boost your soldier's battle efficiency. The establishment of magic towers enables you to use magic. Arrow towers and round towers of different scale help you to form solid defensive line.
You can also have your archers shoot enemies on the wall…
With 22 types of military units and numerous styles of bosses, the game will impress you with rich and skillful playing methods, for example, upgrading your soldiers' level or building function all make your defensive line more strong. Weather your fortress can survive the surrounded enemies?
With the vast battlefield and splendid background music, you are sure to throw yourself into this war in the Middle Ages.

Story Mode:
10 epic campaigns with 50 levels
Glory Mode:
Hold fast to your fortress and stand firm against your enemy for 20 days.

Features:
- 22 types of units
- Various Bosses
- 47 map types
- Superior AI
- Unit upgrade mode
- Building upgrade mode
- Magnificent background music
- Auto save

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fortress-under-siege-for-ipad/id469872924?mt=8

Phreakuency
10-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Been playing this for the last hour or so. It's not bad.

The graphics aren't as crisp as they should be for an ipad game but are decent, given the minimal animation.

It has a few Age of Empires 2 elements to it. Basically you build/buy walls, arrow towers and soldiers (plus housing so your army can grow). All that must happen before the game and not at all during. From what I can tell, all you can do during battle is tap and direct soldiers around the map, which is needed as your AI army don't have the best vision, causing enemies to waltz right by at tmes.

You can gain extra gold by killing their scout and destroying their tents and you die when either your hero or your town goes down.

Needs improvements but it's a pretty good start.

ojtitus
10-10-2011, 10:08 AM
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fortress-under-siege-for-ipad/id469872924?mt=8

Trayray
10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
This looks interesting. Is it like Plants vs Zombies? Please post a gameplay video.

ojtitus
10-10-2011, 12:29 PM
This looks interesting. Is it like Plants vs Zombies? Please post a gameplay video.

This game is very different from PvZ, number one enemies don't come at you in lanes, they come in formations and those usually breakdown into just groups that seem to focus on attacking the same area of your defenses. The enemies can go anywhere outside your defenses until they break a hole through then some will continue attacking the outside and some will go in and start attacking things inside your defenses. The game is broken into missions which have a set number of days, each day has several formations of enemies that come all at once with no way of pausing or building except for inbetween days.

There are a lot of types of troops, buildings, and structures you can add to your fort inbetween days or just repair your existing structures and buildings. There are also additional types of troops, structures, and buildings that you can unlock between missions(you can also upgrade troops after you unlock them). Some buildings can unlock abilities for troops and some buildings will attack enemies. This game is an interesting mix of tower defense type games and castle defense type games and I actually think the graphics look pretty nice for what they are. I only wish there was a way to replay missions to gain extra gold for inbetween mission shopping. Overall a fun game well worth the $1.99 especially if you enjoy defense type games.

I would also like to see the addition of information or an explanation for buildings and structures in the build phase inbetween days. This would be very helpful especially considering how many different buildings and structures there are. :)

Cybertox
10-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Things i dont like in this game:
Archers always miss enemies when shooting from distance, enemies get hit by archers only when they stand.
Animations are poor.

But overall the game is pretty good.

araczynski
10-11-2011, 03:56 PM
anyone care to comment on whether the app was tuned to force IAP cash? or does it let you grind/replay for extra cash?

ojtitus
10-11-2011, 04:07 PM
anyone care to comment on whether the app was tuned to force IAP cash? or does it let you grind/replay for extra cash?

It makes you replay a day if you fail, so you can fail intentionally to rack up cash. The game is saved after each day and if you don't survive a day you get to keep the cash and have to replay that day until you can beat it. Plus it saves any additions you added if you fail, so you can slowly rack up cash and rebuild at the same time if you plan right.

But be warned that you will be replaying/grinding if you plan to not use any IAP, I personally don't mind the grinding/replaying.

Marcus70
11-25-2011, 06:24 PM
.99 --> free today.

Icurafu
11-25-2011, 06:54 PM
I played this game for a long while and overall, it had some massive flaws.

Number one is that selling a building part of solider has no penalty. So, you just sell everything and build the best possible defense from the start. This makes nearly every level too easy and very much the same.

The archers, which could have been the coolest part of the game, just shoot where the target was when the arrow left the bow at 100% accuracy. So in most cases you don't hit your target until just before the wall.

Other than that it is fun. And I like getting my horses to charge in at the start to take out high value targets and rush back to defend the castle.

I think I got about 4 hours into it and just stopped when I got to yet another level where I needed to redo everything.

Oh, and the good news is. Not much grinding is needed. I never spend any cash and only had to start a level over a few times. On each time, I got a little upgrade to spend on more soldiers making it easier each time.

Kildar
11-25-2011, 09:02 PM
First game I ever bought in iTunes. I still play this game every now and then. I hope they release an update with new units. IAP is entirely optional, since you can just "lose" a day and retain everything you've bought and get the gold from your kills.

iOs Gamer
12-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Clear game play and attractive characters with graphics and various options...
We'll feel the heat in the Battle Ground...

Check out the video game play..

http://youtu.be/veeZAxy1GYg

jaze
12-05-2011, 04:55 AM

In my experience of playing.yes. 100% you need to use the iap to buy gold.

Eg: 1st mission is over 5days you have enough money to buy troops and buildings for the 1st four days, you will loose buildings from attack aswell as troops, that's ok for 4 days of the 1st mission you have enough to replace killed troops. Come the 5th day, the last day of the 1st mission you wont have enough gold left to buy the troops and defences you need to complete the day.

Under that is a big buy gold tab... It seems carefully made so that you need the iap gold.

I deleted it at this point.

araczynski
12-05-2011, 07:03 AM
thanks, a shame, i would have enjoyed a nice castles building defense game.

Nicoquipi
12-05-2011, 07:29 AM
no, you dont, you keep the money you get if you die, get your defences up, kill as many enemies you can and if artur dies you still have the money of those kills, when you restart the day your defences are back, but you have more gold.

Kidkaos2
12-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Absolutely do not need to buy any IAP. If you lose a level, you restart it from the beginning but keep a portion of the gold you earned during the fight.

In fact, it's actually worse to win than to lose sometimes. You get more gold if you win, but when you win your lost buildings and troops do not reset. You can end up losing more than you gain if you're not careful. Sometimes if it looks like you're going to win the level but you lost a ton of stuff, it's better to suicide your king and restart.

Kildar
12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
In my experience of playing.yes. 100% you need to use the iap to buy gold.

Eg: 1st mission is over 5days you have enough money to buy troops and buildings for the 1st four days, you will loose buildings from attack aswell as troops, that's ok for 4 days of the 1st mission you have enough to replace killed troops. Come the 5th day, the last day of the 1st mission you wont have enough gold left to buy the troops and defences you need to complete the day.

Under that is a big buy gold tab... It seems carefully made so that you need the iap gold.

I deleted it at this point.

You mean you never noticed that you keep the gold, along with the troops and improvements that you earned even if you were defeated?

kodomo
12-06-2011, 12:51 PM
I am going to play it on the job :P

Stefx73
12-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Did they fix the archers problem?