PDA

View Full Version : iPad On A Tilt 1.4

Brilliant AiRic
10-12-2011, 06:19 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/on-a-tilt/id422715275?mt=8&ls=1

I'm looking for feedback so I will PM anyone a promo code that is willing to provide quality feedback!

What's New in Version 1.4
Universal (works great on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad)
Reworked the graphics and sound as a space theme

~Changed the rules to the Survivor and Arcade mode~
Arcade: tilt and hit the areas as fast as you can for 60 seconds. rack up combos by getting tilts quickly in a row
Survivor: quickly get inside the areas. if you're outside of the area when the timer goes off you get an X. get 3 X's and you're out. every 100 T removes an X.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Description~
On A Tilt is a challenging game that requires precise hand eye coordination to move paddles based off of how you tilt your device. Areas appear and your goal is to get the paddles inside of the areas. As the game proceeds the areas move, scale, and fade. On A Tilt is unique because it'll have you tilting your device in many fun directions on multiple axes. The best part is you don't mess around with any clunky touch controls, just tilt!

~Features~
•Intense precise hand eye coordination tilting
•All tilt controls
•Tilt on multiple axes
•2 exciting game modes with unlimited levels to reach
•(HD) retina graphics
•Universal (looks great on iPhone, iPod Touch, & iPad)
•Game center leaderboards & achievements
•Tested using iPhone, iPod Touch 2G, 3G, 3GS, & 4G - iPad 1 & 2

~Game Modes~
Arcade: tilt and hit the areas as fast as you can for 60 seconds. rack up combos by getting tilts quickly in a row
Survivor: quickly get inside the areas. if you're outside of the area when the timer goes off you get an X. get 3 X's and you're out. every 100 T removes an X.

Twitter: @BrilliantAiRiC

Thank you to my parents, friends, and Cocos2d + community.

gokeadeyemo
10-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I tried this game yesterday and it is absolutely excellent. It has me moving my ipad every which way. Lol. Developer says gyroscope controls may be be an option in the future. The game is already great but I can imagine it would be even more amazing with gyroscope. I did get a promo code for it but I have to say I would gladly have paid if I knew I would enjoy it this much. The icon is not my favorite though and I think I have passed this game up in the past based solely on that. With so many other choices out there in the app store the icon needs to grab you more IMHO. Anyway.... get this game if you love tilt games. Its one of the best.

Brilliant AiRic
10-13-2011, 11:48 PM
I tried this game yesterday and it is absolutely excellent. It has me moving my ipad every which way. Lol. Developer says gyroscope controls may be be an option in the future. The game is already great but I can imagine it would be even more amazing with gyroscope. I did get a promo code for it but I have to say I would gladly have paid if I knew I would enjoy it this much. The icon is not my favorite though and I think I have passed this game up in the past based solely on that. With so many other choices out there in the app store the icon needs to grab you more IMHO. Anyway.... get this game if you love tilt games. Its one of the best.

Thanks for the kind words! Any suggestions of what I could do with the icon?

Still searching for more feedback for the next update of On A Tilt. Pretty sure all of the promo codes have been used here are some more.

Promo codes:
YPK7YLJJMY77
WYM99EWWM3FW
TLYEKHHREY4N
7WHJ4FMMAYHP

Brilliant AiRic
10-14-2011, 05:57 PM
All the promo codes have been used. If you use a promo code please leave feedback! I have really thick skin so if the game sucks tell me why. Thanks.

Promos:
3M9PH7WHPF7P
LJ9MJ4WJXW7L
Y47XL9EWWF99
EPYT3W9MFAJ9
4LKJMHP4NA6J
JRN3N7M667M3
PFKF7T7N44W7
MN7R99TL93RR
7FLX6MK7R9NA
PMEW6JAJ3RK3

wilflare
10-14-2011, 08:07 PM
thanks for 7FLX6MK7R9NA :D

gokeadeyemo
10-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Hi,
so as far as the icon the color scheme is good. I like the gold border and how it contrasts with the blue and red but the picture of the red object that is tilted looks amateurish.It looks like someone who didn't really know how to draw that well did it. Maybe a screen shot of game play or a better depiction of tilting would grab one more. As far as the game play, its great, but there could be more animations like sparks or flashes each time you tilt the paddle into the green zone. I love the popping sound/effect you get when you hit the green zone with the paddle. Could this be more pronounced? This might be a weird analogy but its like when you are shooting those golden fire shooting robots in gun bros. You keep shooting and they lose power continuosly until you finally kill them with a distinct popping sound. It feels very satisfying to do that and I feel it would greatly enhance the enjoyment of the game if you could do something similar. Anyway, I admire your tenacity and frequent requests for feed back so Im giving some. I will give more feedback as I think of it.

Red1
10-15-2011, 12:54 AM
Thanks for MN7R99TL93RR :-)

Brilliant AiRic
10-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Hi,
so as far as the icon the color scheme is good. I like the gold border and how it contrasts with the blue and red but the picture of the red object that is tilted looks amateurish.It looks like someone who didn't really know how to draw that well did it. Maybe a screen shot of game play or a better depiction of tilting would grab one more. As far as the game play, its great, but there could be more animations like sparks or flashes each time you tilt the paddle into the green zone. I love the popping sound/effect you get when you hit the green zone with the paddle. Could this be more pronounced? This might be a weird analogy but its like when you are shooting those golden fire shooting robots in gun bros. You keep shooting and they lose power continuosly until you finally kill them with a distinct popping sound. It feels very satisfying to do that and I feel it would greatly enhance the enjoyment of the game if you could do something similar. Anyway, I admire your tenacity and frequent requests for feed back so Im giving some. I will give more feedback as I think of it.

Hey gokeadeyemo,

Thanks for the feedback. With the current Icon I was hoping for it to be a symbol for the game. A "T" with the that has teetering top that is used throughout the game a lot. I did work on a quick rough draft of your idea though to see if something like that could work. Attachment are a number of renditions of the icon I have worked on, the current icon, and a rough draft idea from gokeadeyemo.