PDA

View Full Version : iPad Reiner Knizia's Tigris & Euphrates

codito
11-15-2011, 01:40 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/app/reiner-knizias-tigris-euphrates/id471458190

sizzlakalonji
11-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Trying to buy! Not showing up for me yet...

clarsonx
11-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Trying to buy! Not showing up for me yet...
LOL Codito's release announcements slip even at the very end.

Mythbuster
11-15-2011, 02:52 PM
This link works now: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2001715&postcount=74

Have fun ...

codito
11-15-2011, 04:40 PM
LOL Codito's release announcements slip even at the very end.

LOL indeed!

Apple says it can take up to 24 hours for an app to propagate throughout the App Store...

codito
11-15-2011, 05:50 PM
We want to make sure people know how to start online games, because sometimes the Game Center UI isn't completely intuitive:

1. Tap "Play" and then "Online" in the app to open the Game Center game viewer.

2. If you see any games or invites here, you are good to go!

3. Otherwise, to create or join a new game, tap the "+" button.

4. To create a 3 or 4 player game, tap "Add Player" to add a third or fourth player.

5. You can leave the other players as "Auto-Match" for a random match-up, or you can invite one or more friends from your Game Center friend list by tapping the "Invite Friend" button in the appropriate slot.

We'll be hooking up the normal setup screen to online game creation for version 1.1, so that should make it clearer what kind of game you are creating and give you more options like "Public Scores", etc.

Hopefully these instructions will help in the meantime.

Happy gaming!

cprloe
11-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Is the $5.99 price an introductory price? Do you have plans to reduce the price a few days after release, as you did with Ra? If I recall correctly, Ra started at $6.99 and then dropped to $3.99 a couple of days later.

codito
11-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Is the $5.99 price an introductory price? Do you have plans to reduce the price a few days after release, as you did with Ra? If I recall correctly, Ra started at $6.99 and then dropped to $3.99 a couple of days later.

We deserved that. :)

$5.99 is the price until probably Christmas.

xmiyux
11-15-2011, 07:06 PM
We deserved that. :)

$5.99 is the price until probably Christmas.

And will it be on sale at Christmas?

Drakeer Melkhor
11-15-2011, 07:54 PM
And will it be on sale at Christmas?

Would you wait more than a month to save 1 or 2 dollars? I would say it is not worth the wait!

BUT I have to say that it was really disgusting when Ra app went on sale just 2 days after appear in the AppStore. Fortunately this is not going to happen this time, because Tigris is one of the best games of Knizia, the app is really stable as it is right now, the IA is changelling and the online multiplayer based on GC works well.

Sooooooo I would say BUY IT NOW!!! :p

xmiyux
11-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Would you wait more than a month to save 1 or 2 dollars? I would say it is not worth the wait!

BUT I have to say that it was really disgusting when Ra app went on sale just 2 days after appear in the AppStore. Fortunately this is not going to happen this time, because Tigris is one of the best games of Knizia, the app is really stable as it is right now, the IA is changelling and the online multiplayer based on GC works well.

Sooooooo I would say BUY IT NOW!!! :p

I might. I have an iPad full of board games at the moment and I have never played the tabletop version of T&E. Codito did impress me with Puerto Rico but Tikal has been buggy since launch.

I'm a fan of the Knizia games I have played but with this one I would really need a tutorial to learn the game. Getting it on sale would be even better.

CzarCastic
11-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Codito did impress me with Puerto Rico but Tikal has been buggy since launch.

Codito did RK's Ra and RK's Medici, as well as Tikal.

Ravensburger did Puerto Rico.

Edit: I think I'm going to take a chance on this and give Codito one more shot. ;)

xmiyux
11-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Codito did RK's Ra and RK's Medici, as well as Tikal.

Ravensburger did Puerto Rico.

Edit: I think I'm going to take a chance on this and give Codito one more shot. ;)

Ravensburger had oversight on Puerto Rico but it was still Codito who developed the game.

http://sageboardgames.com/?p=115
Ravensburger Digital – a division of Ravensburger, and Sage Board Games – a division of Codito Development Inc., today announced that Andreas Seyfarth’s “Puerto Rico” will be coming to the Apple iPad in 2011.

It is also their number two title on the Geeklist maintained on the Boardgamegeek.
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/60529/sage-board-games-for-ios

I got Ra and Medici both when they were on sale a while back. Both worked but the implementations were not anything to the level of Ascension or even the newer Elder Signs game.

Hopefully now things have improved and T&E will get some good reviews and draw me in. I absolutely love board games on the iPad.

ojtitus
11-15-2011, 10:11 PM
I've been waiting for this, downloading now.

codito
11-15-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm a fan of the Knizia games I have played but with this one I would really need a tutorial to learn the game. Getting it on sale would be even better.

Tigris has a very comprehensive tutorial as well as an in-game hint system that we've been told has been very helpful for new players.

codito
11-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Ravensburger had oversight on Puerto Rico but it was still Codito who developed the game.

That's correct.

Hopefully now things have improved and T&E will get some good reviews and draw me in. I absolutely love board games on the iPad.

We've been trying to get better and better with each release and we are confident T&E is our best effort yet. We'll be going back and updating our earlier apps to try and reach the same quality level and feature set in all of them.

And here's a good review (http://meadowparty.com/blog/?p=1957) to get things started!

Happy gaming!

xmiyux
11-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Tigris has a very comprehensive tutorial as well as an in-game hint system that we've been told has been very helpful for new players.

This a similar system to Puerto Rico? I found that to be very useful and even have used it in my scholastic game club. Kids learning the game would predict a move and then we checked the recommended move as a group. This allowed us to debate the logic of our move versus the AI move.

It worked well and I would be content with a similar system in T&E.

ojtitus
11-15-2011, 11:00 PM
That's correct.

We've been trying to get better and better with each release and we are confident T&E is our best effort yet. We'll be going back and updating our earlier apps to try and reach the same quality level and feature set in all of them.

And here's a good review (http://meadowparty.com/blog/?p=1957) to get things started!

Happy gaming!

Codito has been doing a great job bringing what they've learned from each new game and refreshing their old games with the experience. Codito has quickly become one of my instabuy developers. Please keep bringing us awesome board games. Thank You and Great Job with this one Codito! :D

djflippy
11-15-2011, 11:49 PM
This is Knizia's best game, IMO.

Cromwell
11-16-2011, 06:01 AM
@codito Sorry for OT: Do you intend to make more Updates for Tikal?
Because when I read the comments on the AppStore, it still has some issues which should be solved.

FPE
11-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Looking forward for an update to tikal and the ghost harbour fix for
puerto Rico.
And as soon as I am back home I will get this too. Codito has so far delivered nice ports (except for Tikal)

Drakeer Melkhor
11-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Looking forward for an update to tikal and the ghost harbour fix for
puerto Rico.
And as soon as I am back home I will get this too. Codito has so far delivered nice ports (except for Tikal)

Tikal and Ra deserves some changes, because they are REALLY amazing games. For example, Codito should change to Game Center for online games, and some UI improvements.

Folgers66
11-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Pretty sure Tigris uses Game Center and I think they waited for iOS 5 in order to do so.

So far, I love the game and am training against the AI so I can start playing multiplayer.

JammaTal
11-16-2011, 04:19 PM
I am very glad that Codito delivered a state-of-the-art boardgame app with Tigris and Euphrates.
the "big 3" (good tutorial, strong AI and asynchronous multiplayer) are there plus clear design and intuitive controls.
if they could raise Tikal and Ra to THIS level it would be amazing!
i will keep my fingers crossed for that ;)

abstractgamefreak
11-16-2011, 05:09 PM

The tutorial is exceptionally good, I even learned some advanced tactics I never thought about (stupid me). Overall I enjoy this more than the (nice) Puerto Rico app, where it's much more difficult to realize, what's going on, when it's not your turn.

Baracus
11-16-2011, 05:54 PM
The tutorial is exceptionally good, I even learned some advanced tactics I never thought about (stupid me). Overall I enjoy this more than the (nice) Puerto Rico app, where it's much more difficult to realize, what's going on, when it's not your turn.

Hmm. Not sure what happened during my tutorial then. Was just about to rant about "how can the tutorial be broken when it's designed as a fixed linear path telling you what to place", but I got to a point where it says to place a temple to reinforce my position (after building the 2nd 2x2 temple; blue/black) but I don't have another temple card, and cannot 'swap' them!!??

Stuck... as far as I can tell! Any suggestions?

codito
11-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Tikal and Ra deserves some changes, because they are REALLY amazing games. For example, Codito should change to Game Center for online games, and some UI improvements.

We agree! Changes are in the works!

codito
11-16-2011, 06:04 PM

We'll look into it, but if you start over we suspect you won't see the problem a second time.

abstractgamefreak
11-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Hmm. Not sure what happened during my tutorial then. Was just about to rant about "how can the tutorial be broken when it's designed as a fixed linear path telling you what to place", but I got to a point where it says to place a temple to reinforce my position (after building the 2nd 2x2 temple; blue/black) but I don't have another temple card, and cannot 'swap' them!!??

Not entirely clear what you mean... You're probably mixing up things. A temple is just a red tile, and you are evidently talking about 2x2 "monuments" here :confused: Placing a red tile next to one of your leaders will strengthen it against revolts, because in an 'internal' conflict only the red tiles count.

Baracus
11-17-2011, 04:30 PM
We'll look into it, but if you start over we suspect you won't see the problem a second time.

Thanks for that - I replayed tutorial and it was fine this time, so not sure what happened.

@abstractgamefreak - yes I did get my terminology wrong... did mean 'monument' :p

JammaTal
11-19-2011, 05:01 AM
it would be great to see a little animated sequence of last moves of opponents or at least some markings of last played tiles.

when playing multiple online games it is not easy to remember all board positions well enough to recognize easily where new tiles have been played.

for the moment i use screenshots and 4-finger horizontal app-to-app change swipes between Tigris and Photos for that ;)

option for open score will be added i have heard. that would be great too.

soldat7
11-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Not familiar with this game. How does it compare to Carcassonne?

codito
11-19-2011, 05:44 PM
it would be great to see a little animated sequence of last moves of opponents or at least some markings of last played tiles.

We're pushing the "list of last moves" feature to the first patch release. You'll be able to see a text description of what happened, and see an indication on the board.

Agas
11-20-2011, 09:13 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32746196/game-of-the-week.gif http://images.appshopper.com/icons/471/458190.png

REINER KNIZIA'S TIGRIS & EUPHRATES is one of the nominees for Touch Arcade Game of the Week.

Do you like this masterpiece board game set in the fertile ancient crescent?
If you think REINER KNIZIA'S TIGRIS & EUPHRATES deserves to be the winner of TAGOTW, give it your vote now!

VOTE HERE

Agas
11-23-2011, 03:16 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32746196/game-of-the-week.gif You might be busy with Thanksgiving Sales, but have you vote?

ONE LAST DAY to make REINER KNIZIA'S TIGRIS & EUPHRATES becomes Touch Arcade Game of the Week.

VOTE HERE