PDA

View Full Version : Game Guide 2011 (only 2011 games) (Hopefully the Best)

GoofyJmaster.
12-31-2011, 05:13 AM
I made this as a guide for top quality premium games that came out this year. We have the Mass... Thread but at the end of the day it's not a simple, comprehensive guide. I love the Mass thread...and this in no way should affect it because it's simply a list of games of 2011. Also, there has been a lot of [whatever you wanna call it] on the GOTY thread, so here is a place that you can list your favorite premium games of 2011 BY CATEGORY. Please put a category before you list games to make it easier for everyone who reads this thread.

So again, this is thread for comprehensive lists of good, quality (hopefully/subjective) games that came out in 2011. If you bought a bunch of games (or only a few) and want to share some hidden gems (or your favorite popular title), here ya go!

Hopefully we can get a nice list together by the end of the first (maybe second) week on January, so people can have a nice, little reference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
(everything is subconsciously listed from favorite to least
favorite, but since they all made the list, I like them all a lot)

(added games from community will be listed under dash (---))

Arcade/Retro
Kami Retro
Blade Dash
Katana Jack!
1-Bit Ninja
---
League of Evil
Mos Speedrun
Curvebot Evolved
Groove Coaster
Dragons Rage
Forget-Me-Not
MiniGame Paradise
Cavorite

Arcade shooter/Shmup
Bug Princess
Space Tripper
Death Smiles
Infinity field
Super crossfire HD
Pixel Ranger
Velocispider

Arcade Racer (thanks for the new category guys)
Sonic & Sega All Star Racing
Reckless Getaway
Dream Track Nation
DrawRace 2
Bike Baron

Platformers
Terra Noctis
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Crazy Hedgy
LostWinds
Max and the Magic Marker
(pretty much all the Arcade games)
---
Sonic CD
Rocket Riot
Raccoon Rising
Inertia: Escape Velocity
Arcade Jumper
Air Penguin
Ninja Ponk
Jaggy Race
Clay's Reverie
Whizzers

Shooters
M.U.S.E. (TPS)
Shadowgun (TPS)
Desert Zombie Last Stand (TPS)
Dead Space (TPS)
Modern Combat 3 (FPS)
Zombieville USA 2 (side scroller)
---
Sleepy Jack (tube shooter)
Rainbow Six Shadow Vanguard
9mm
EPOCH
Deadlock: Online

Role Playing Game (RPG)
King of Dragon Pass
The Bard's Tale
Mage Gauntlet
Dangerous
Galaxy on Fire 2
Galactic Phantasy
Chaos Rings Omega
---
Order & Chaos (MMORPG)
Aurum Blade
Guardian Saga

Strategy
Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion
Starbase Orion
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
King of Dragon Pass
Squids
Trenches II
Tower Defense: Lost Earth
Final Fantasy Tactics
Starfront: Collision
---
Great Little War Game
Battle for Wesnoth
Battleheart
Tactical Warrior
Dofus: Battles
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer
Bloons 2
Swords and Soldiers
Tiny Heroes
Axe in Face
Colosseum Heroes
Paladog
Jelly Defense
Tiny Defense
Anthill: Tactical Defense

Puzzle(rs)
Stretched
Critter Chaos
Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix
Blueprint 3D
Contre Jour
Collision Effect
---
Dungeon Raid
Where's My Water
Monster Ate My Condo
Drop7
Rooms: The Main Building
Gesundheit
Monster Island
Little Lost Chick
Spy Mouse (adventure-puzzler)
Siege Hero (Angry Birds)
Feed me oil
Aiko island
Edge extended
Bag It
Roll in the hole
The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic
Jump Out
Saving Yello
SpaceChem (iPad exclusive)
Toy Shot
Land-a Panda

Endless Runners/Climbers/Slashers
Whale Trail
Tiny Wings
---
Jetpack Joyride
Sea Stars
Nuts!
Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots
Escape the Ape

Fighting
The King of Fighters
Infinity Blade 2 (action-RPG)
Street Fighter IV Volt
Dark Meadow (action-RPG)

Adventure
Th Adventures of Tintin
Sovereign: Premium
LostWinds
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode 2: Senseless Acts of Justice
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode 3: Beyond Reasonable Doom
---
Secret of Grisly Manor
Glowfish
Backstab
Shake Spears
NyxQuest
Dragon Fantasy

Sandbox
Grand Theft Auto 3
Junk Jack
Eden - World Builder

Sports (included arcade sports in this)
FIFA 12
Flick Golf Extreme
NFL Flick Quarterback
NFL Rivals
---
NBA Jam
Flick Soccer
Super Stickman Golf
Rat on a Snowboard
Flick Champions
Flick Home Run
Icebreaker Hockey

Word Games
Quarrel Deluxe
The Wiki Game
War of Words
Scribblenauts
Dicto
---
SpellTower
W.E.L.D.E.R
Hanging With Friends

Racing
Death Rally
Riptide GP
Draw Race 2
Mini Motor Racing

Simulation
Football Manager Handheld 2012
IOOTP Baseball 2011
Game Dev Story
Mega Mall Story
Pocket Academy
Venture Towns
Grand Prix Story

Platform-Runner
Don't Run With A Plasma Sword
Wind-Up Knight
Tongue Tied

Apps (non-game)
Animoog
BeatMaker 2
Instacast
WordWit
Phrase Wit
Discovr Movies
AppZapp Push
Photo Power
Magic Piano (iPhone not iPad)
Band of the Day
Fotopedia: Wild Frontiers

2012: Looking Forward To
Oceanhorn
World of Midgard
Patchwork Battles
2013: Infected Zombie
Time of Heroes
Topia
Prevail
Paper Monsters
Robokill 2
Star Command
Mage Gauntlet Spin Off
Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch
Last knight
Lightopus
Dreamy Goat
And Many More...

-----------------------------------

Please no free/freemium games! People are more likely to download a free game anyway, so PLEASE only include premium games!

***Alright, I changed it again. Let's not repeat games and I'll add stuff to the original post. We're all one big (sometimes dysfunctional) gaming/iOS family here at TA, so I don't think anyone (at least most people), will try and mislead another person when it comes to purchasing a game. Like I said, just try to list games that you would definitely buy a second time if you had to; or something along that thought!

Thanks in advance!

paineyes
12-31-2011, 05:38 AM
Shooter
- Rainbow Six Shadow Vanguard

Simulation -
Game Dev Story
Mega Mall Story
Pocket Academy
Venture Towns
Grand Prix Story

Puzzle -
Where's My Water?

Adventure -
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode 2: Senseless Acts of Justice
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode 3: Beyond Reasonable Doom

GoofyJmaster.
12-31-2011, 05:58 AM
I changed it: Repeat as much as you want to, so it'll reflect your personal opinion! Also people can cross reference lists! Please help out because I'm pretty sure I only scratched the surface because there were a ton of games released this year and I'm only one person. Plus, I'm pretty sure I missed some stuff because I'm only human. Also, try to limit each category to 10 games, if you can!

Again mods, can you delete this post in a couple of hours!

triggywiggy
12-31-2011, 06:06 AM
Is this gonna be another thread which lists every good game in the app store?

GoofyJmaster.
12-31-2011, 06:14 AM
Is this gonna be another thread which lists every good game in the app store?

Well, I wanted it to be different! Such as making everyone list games according to genres. Also, I would'e liked for the lists to only be the top 5, but I thought it would be unfair since I went over a couple of times (my backlog is huge and all the games I listed are well worth the purchase IMO). Plus the AppStore is huge and their are a ton of games that get lost and some that people are hesitant about, so a list made by TA members could help with the decision. Also, it would benefit everyone if people listed the games in each category from favorite to least favorite. I haven't seen a list like this on here, so I thought I'd start one up! If there was one for 2010 then I never saw it.

Again, try to only list the games that you would buy yourself (obviously a second time). Hopefully, that makes sense; list what you think actually deserves to be listed in each category.

walsh06
12-31-2011, 07:07 AM
Sports: iOOTP

JoeyLP
12-31-2011, 07:12 AM
Sports: NBA Jam!

Habakuk
12-31-2011, 07:53 AM
May I add something that didn't show up this year? "Normal first/third person/car/moto" 3D racers! My favorite video game genre…

One lousy exception: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (missing in the OP list). The game is great for arcade racer fans (if you love the a bit childish Sonic/Segy style) and supports local and online multiplayer.

And forget Fast Five the Movie: Official Game. It could have been fun but it's a crappy "drift forever or pay" game.

But where the hell is Asphalt 7?! Asphalt 6: Adrenaline is nothing less than my favorite video game of all times (and I have 4,000 iOS games in my iTunes account, I am gaming for some decades) especially the local multiplayer mode (the real new and exciting social experience—much better than those online features).

We played it to death for hours, days and weeks. As if iOS would have been made just for it. Fits perfectly! I love to control the steering wheel and view by tilting iPhone or iPad!

Asphalt 4, 5 and 6 always showed up in App Store short before X-mas. Nothing this year. No Real Racing 3 as well…

What's the matter with the iOS racers?! Please try local multiplayer racing games with some buddies and tell us how you feel about this; for me personally it's the best gaming feature of iOS. Exclusive as much as I know, no other console offers this. It's easy to set up (no WiFi required), rock solid and CRAZY FUN!

GoofyJmaster.
12-31-2011, 08:24 AM
May I add something that didn't show up this year? "Normal first/third person/car/moto" 3D racers! My favorite video game genre…

One lousy exception: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (missing in the OP list). The game is great for arcade racer fans (if you love the a bit childish Sonic/Segy style) and supports local and online multiplayer.

And forget Fast Five the Movie: Official Game. It could have been fun but it's a crappy "drift forever or pay" game.

But where the hell is Asphalt 7?! Asphalt 6: Adrenaline is nothing less than my favorite video game of all times (and I have 4,000 iOS games in my iTunes account, I am gaming for some decades) especially the local multiplayer mode (the real new and exciting social experience—much better than those online features).

We played it to death for hours, days and weeks. As if iOS would have been made just for it. Fits perfectly! I love to control the steering wheel and view by tilting iPhone or iPad!

Asphalt 4, 5 and 6 always showed up in App Store short before X-mas. Nothing this year. No Real Racing 3 as well…

What's the matter with the iOS racers?! Please try local multiplayer racing games with some buddies and tell us how you feel about this; for me personally it's the best gaming feature of iOS. Exclusive as much as I know, no other console offers this. It's easy to set up (no WiFi required), rock solid and CRAZY FUN!

@Habakuk No problem! I don't want it to become a habit though. Just because I want to keep the thread on topic, but I do feel your pain! I'll be adding All Star Racing to the OP as well.

---------------------------------------------------

Alright, I changed it again. Let's not repeat games and I'll add stuff to the original post. We're all one big (sometimes dysfunctional) gaming/iOS family here at TA, so I don't think anyone (at least most people), will try and mislead another person when it comes to purchasing a game. Like I said, just try to list games that you would definitely buy a second time if you had to; or something along that thought!

Thanks in advance!

foxmulderino
12-31-2011, 09:41 AM
adventure: all that come from Big Fish dev house

walsh06
12-31-2011, 09:41 AM
Why are football manager and iOOTP casual?? They are the two top sports games with the most detail put into them. And there is tonnes to do in each. I don't see how they are any way equal to tiny wings.

GoofyJmaster.
12-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Why are football manager and iOOTP casual?? They are the two top sports games with the most detail put into them. And there is tonnes to do in each. I don't see how they are any way equal to tiny wings.

I consider casual pick up and play. When I play management games, that's how I play them. I was going to put them in sports, but after looking at some other sites to see how they set up genres, I went on ahead and decided to put them in casual. To me FiFA 12 is a sports game, but Manager is casual. TBH, I could just put all the management games in a simulation genre. I thought about it after paineyes' post, but some people consider them casual.

All in all, it just depends on how you look at it. I actually spent a decent amount of time coming up with genres and trying to decide what went in them.

***I'm just going to make a new simulation category!

adventure: all that come from Big Fish dev house

I would think puzzle category. No???

walsh06
12-31-2011, 10:14 AM
This isn't how a list of how you play games. They are baseball and soccer manager games, ie sports.

GoofyJmaster.
12-31-2011, 10:20 AM
This isn't how a list of how you play games. They are baseball and soccer manager games, ie sports.

I know it's not of how I play games, but I wouldn't consider a simulator a sports game. I made a new category for simulation. Maybe it's just me, but I've never really considered managers sports games. I guess that's why I ultimately did it that way. It's just like someone could make a case for squids to go into adventure, strategy, or RPG. GTA 3 could easily come out of sandbox.

Anyways, I just put it in its direct category manager/simulation.

Tuilelath
12-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Goofy, I applaude your effort here. So many games get swept under the rug. I think it's great to have a list by genre consolidated into one thread. I count on TA to find new games that aren't the big headline grabbers.

I only wish there was a TA for non-game apps.

Habakuk
12-31-2011, 12:18 PM

There is:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
Right now there is a very good German-English dictionary on sale! Have a look at the "Apps for musicians" thread.

Thanks, Goofy, for adding Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing!

iVaro
12-31-2011, 01:53 PM
Backstab into adventure and 9mm for shooter. Also for platformer, Cordy

DodgerBlue016
12-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Sports: Flick Soccer, NFL Rivals, Super Stickman Golf, Rat on a Snowboard
Platformer: League of Evil (seriously, how did you miss this one?!), Sonic CD
Endless Runner: Temple Run, Jetpack Joyride
Shooter: Epoch
Arcade/Racer: Reckless Getaway, Dream Track Nation, DrawRace 2
Not sure what category: Curvebot, Shake Spears, Bike Baron, Muffin Knight, Rocket Riot, Sleepy Jack, Glowfish,

GoofyJmaster.
12-31-2011, 11:33 PM
Goofy, I applaude your effort here. So many games get swept under the rug. I think it's great to have a list by genre consolidated into one thread. I count on TA to find new games that aren't the big headline grabbers.

Yeah, I thought that this would/could be pretty helpful for people looking for some quality games in the AppStore. You would think that with all the b*tching in the GOTY thread there'd be more posts. I guess people would rather just b*tch and complain. I had wanted to create this but wasn't going to, but with all the bickering in that thread I decided to. It's supposed to be a thread for ppl to say what there best premium iOS experiences were without all the arguing, and we would be able to make an awesome list. Maybe ppl would just rather talk about conspiracy/propaganda theories. Maybe the list without all the comments could get stickied or added to the Mass thread for reference. We can even change the order; my lists don't have to be first. Oh well!

Complaining about the GOTY seems pointless IMO, especially since only one game I nominated made it anyways.

@Habakuk No problemo!

@ivaro and Dodgerblue Going to add!!!

Thanks to everyone so far! Also, if you have any good non-game apps from this year please list them!

Edit
@dodgerblue Yeah, I totally failed on the League of Evil one. I forgot all about it!

GoofyJmaster.
12-31-2011, 11:42 PM
Should I just get rid of the casual category all together? I'll just make an endless runner category.

DodgerBlue016
12-31-2011, 11:44 PM
Should I just get rid of the casual category all together? I'll just make an endless runner category.

Yeah, and put Blueprint 3D in the puzzle category. I've also heard (some) good things about Order and Chaos and Starfront Collision by Gameloft. Also Hanging with Friends and Ascension are good ones.

GoofyJmaster.
12-31-2011, 11:49 PM
Yeah, and put Blueprint 3D in the puzzle category. I've also heard (some) good things about Order and Chaos and Starfront Collision by Gameloft. Also Hanging with Friends and Ascension are good ones.

Alright, that's what I'll do! Yeah, I'll add O&C because I've heard good things about it too. I just didn't put it in initially since I don't own it. Nice call on HWF. I was only thinking WWF, but that came out a long time ago. I was like what's Ascension, but then I looked it up and saw Chronicle of the Godslayer. Yeah, I heard good things about it too, so i'll go ahead and add it. I'll put it in strategy.

Thanks!

DodgerBlue016
12-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Other Favorites: Fruit Ninja Puss in Boots, Flick Champions, MAMC. Sleepy Jack, Groove Coaster, Flick Homerun, Muffin Knight, Sleepy Jack, Glowfish.

GoofyJmaster.
12-31-2011, 11:59 PM
@dodgerblue Whoah, I just bought Curvebot. Looks friggin' awesome, I can't wait to play it. I'm going to put into arcade.

I also bought some other games that ppl listed. Keep em' coming.

Edit
How the hell did I miss Glowfish. I never knew it came to iOS. Just picked that up too! This is exactly why we need a comprehensive list!

GoofyJmaster.
01-01-2012, 12:28 AM
I added Groove Coaster to Arcade, but if there are some more good music games that came out for 2011, I'll make a new category.

Also, I'm thinking about doing a design,visually remarkable, or something like that category.

So far what I've come up with is:

kami retro
katana jack
curvebot
groove coaster
terra noctis
raccoon rising
stretched
vanessa saint-pierre delacroix
contre jour
whale trail
glowfish
Superbrothers: sword & sorcery

any more???

I was thinking that i could put up a poll. I really appreciate cool visuals on the iOS platform. It really is a place where developers can express themselves through artwork in their games, and there were some amazing designs this year!

New England Gamer
01-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Please.....no more POLLSSSSSSS

Ok whining done - You really should consider a game like Tiny Tower even though it is free. First some people can't spend money on games and that game right there can give days and days of enjoyment - it's more sim than anything and it's not the typical Zynga type of game.

Secret of Grisly Manor belongs there with the Hector games - one of the great adventure games.

Puzzlers - well there are a ton - Aqueduct and Blockwick and Aqueduct 101 are awesome. Rooms the Main Building is almost a flawless port. Drop 7 is pretty popular but not sure if that is a 2011 release.

Bloons 2 and Bloons TD 4 were great fun. And don't forget Swords and Soldiers.

I am sure I could go on and on but it's late and that's what I got for now.

Add: Visual game - Kometen was a great experience (hmm that might be 2010 too).

DigitalB33R
01-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Infinity Blade 2 - RPG

GoofyJmaster.
01-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Please.....no more POLLSSSSSSS

Ok whining done - You really should consider a game like Tiny Tower even though it is free. First some people can't spend money on games and that game right there can give days and days of enjoyment - it's more sim than anything and it's not the typical Zynga type of game.

Secret of Grisly Manor belongs there with the Hector games - one of the great adventure games.

Puzzlers - well there are a ton - Aqueduct and Blockwick and Aqueduct 101 are awesome. Rooms the Main Building is almost a flawless port. Drop 7 is pretty popular but not sure if that is a 2011 release.

Bloons 2 and Bloons TD 4 were great fun. And don't forget Swords and Soldiers.

I am sure I could go on and on but it's late and that's what I got for now.

Add: Visual game - Kometen was a great experience (hmm that might be 2010 too).

LOL... after the whole GOTY debacle, I totally feel your pain. I'll make sure to make it public. I just think these visual games need a bit more recognition then what they get. It's actually one of things that really sets iOS apart from other platforms IMO.

I'll add the rest of your stuff and check Kometen's date!

Infinity Blade 2 - RPG

Are you saying that you want it in RPG instead of fighting? I guess it could fall into the action-RPG category. I just always think of it as a fighting game. I'll tweak the list.

New England Gamer
01-01-2012, 01:34 AM
LOL... after the whole GOTY debacle, I totally feel your pain. I'll make sure to make it public. I just think these visual games need a bit more recognition then what they get. It's actually one of things that really sets iOS apart from other platforms IMO.

I'll add the rest of your stuff and check Kometen's date!

Are you saying that you want it in RPG instead of fighting? I guess it could fall into the action-RPG category. I just always think of it as a fighting game. I'll tweak the list.
Cool.

Oh, and given that the majority of front page writers considered Dungeon Raid a 2011 game please do add that. I feel bad that I didn't push harder for it on the game of the year poll. Fantastic "match 3" with a puzzle quest feel.

GoofyJmaster.
01-01-2012, 02:16 AM
Cool.

Oh, and given that the majority of front page writers considered Dungeon Raid a 2011 game please do add that. I feel bad that I didn't push harder for it on the game of the year poll. Fantastic "match 3" with a puzzle quest feel.

Alright, I added Dungeon raid and everything else from 2011. After your other post, I'm strongly considering adding a SNG category (no freemium). It'll prolly happen.

Also, Kometen came out last year. It's a shame because it really does look amazing. I'll probably end up buying it.

I pretty much know what my best visual game will be next year. I'm almost positive nothing will beat it. I'm going to ask the dev if I can give a little sneak peek because it looks ridiculously amazing.

Darth Ronfar
01-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Gesundheit
Monster Island
Deadlock online
Little lost chick
Tiny heroes
Spy mouse
Seige hero
NYx quest
Air penguin
Inertia escape velocity
Axe in face
Coliseum heroes
Dragons rage
Paladog
Sea stars
Jelly defense
Tiny Defence
Anthill tactical Defence
I blast Moki 2
Feed me oil
Aiko island
Flick sheep?
Edge extended
Early bird
Pixel ranger
Bag It
Roll in the hole
Pudding panic
Forget me not
Ninja pong
Clays reverie
Shoot the birds?
Minigame paradise?
Velocispider
Whizzers?
Aurum blade?
Battle for wastnoth?
Flamming igloo?
Great little war game?

(?s for games that I'm not sure...)
This is all I see missing now... Ill check again later

LOLavi
01-01-2012, 08:32 AM
2012 looking forward to:

Paper Monsters

Sports:

Icebreaker Hockey

spidey
01-01-2012, 02:16 PM
A few other games (apart from the ones Darth listed) that I do not see in the list.
1. Mos Speedrun
2. Bike Baron

(Haven't seen pages 2 and 3)

Darth Ronfar
01-01-2012, 04:20 PM
This year had way to many good games, even whats already Been listed in this thread is only abount 50%(maybe less)of all the "good" games...

I'll add some more..

Jump out!
Escape the ape
Jaggy race
I-slash
Caveorite?
Cover orange
Perfect cell?
Solomons Boneyard?
Zenonia 3,avendia?
Toy shot?
Tiny Tank?
Saving yellow?
Nuts
Cut the rope: experiments
Arcade jumper?
Lumi?
Alphadia Rpg?
Guardian saga?
Dragonfantasy?

Lands panda?

Other stuff from

Chillingo
Square
Gameloft
Cave
Crescent moon
Ea
Taito/Capcom/ubisoft/konami/gamevile/gamenauts/miniclip/clickgamer/halfbrick
/bulkypix/namco/Sega/mobigames/Fdg/com2us/ponos/orange pixel/ Robert sneezly/ Disney/ Hudson?/

Any game with the words -Tiny, flick, infinity, defense?, Hero? , last? , zombie?, mini

Looking forward to:

Robokill 2
Star command
Nova 3?
Mage gauntlet spin off
Reckless racing 2?
Lunar SSS
Last knight
Ocean horn

GoofyJmaster.
01-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Updated the list!

Edit
@DarthRonfar I'll go over all the ones you put question marks by!

Thanks everyone!

Edit
I'm going to try and clean up the list later! Also, I'm planning on ordering 2012 anticipated games by possible release dates. So, obviously, it won't be completely accurate.

Darth Ronfar
01-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Well I mean u should probly check em all... The ones I put ? Was for release date, if they're actually "best of 2011" quality or any other reason...

Darth Ronfar
01-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Well I mean u should probly check em all... The ones I put ? Was for release date, if they're actually "best of 2011" quality or any other reason...

And also If theyre free I guess is why not early bird etc.. Or cuz it suck Lol I thought it was fun.

I guess I can confirm aurum blade and battle for Westnoth as both are regarded highly as very good. Flaming igloo is kind of a cult type game I think... I'm still confused when I play it... Glwg I didn't know the date... Others.... Just a dew crimson steam pirates and crimsonheart.... And maybe crimson gem saga?...lol(crimson). That's about it, list looks good

GoofyJmaster.
01-02-2012, 03:27 PM

I checked everything I put on the list. I was just being lazy earlier, so I didn't bother with the question marked ones.

If I hadn't played it I took AppStore rating, review ratings, TA buzz, and the posters word into account. Pretty much everything posted that was released in 2011 made the list. I actually bought a few of the games and put others on my wishlist.

I did remove Temple Run because I don't think it's going to be premium again. At least not any time soon, an by the end of first quarter (definitely by June) this list will probably be rendered mostly useless.

GoofyJmaster.
01-02-2012, 03:32 PM
And also If theyre free I guess is why not early bird etc.. Or cuz it suck Lol I thought it was fun.

I guess I can confirm aurum blade and battle for Westnoth as both are regarded highly as very good. Flaming igloo is kind of a cult type game I think... I'm still confused when I play it... Glwg I didn't know the date... Others.... Just a dew crimson steam pirates and crimsonheart.... And maybe crimson gem saga?...lol(crimson). That's about it, list looks good

Alright, Ill add them. I don't know why I didn't add Early Bird.

Oh yeah, I don't think it's going premium any time soon based on the description and how long its been free.

Haliaeetus
01-02-2012, 03:36 PM
SpaceChem is probably the best puzzle game of last year, maybe even best ever!

GoofyJmaster.
01-02-2012, 03:40 PM
SpaceChem is probably the best puzzle game of last year, maybe even best ever!

Ah, it was iPad only, so I definitely missed it. It looks pretty cool though and has good ratings all around. I'll add it to the list!

-----------------------------

Just picked up Sleepy Jack and it's pretty awesome. It has a great design and awesome gameplay. Turns out it's a tube shooter, so I moved it.

Narziss
01-02-2012, 06:37 PM
RPG:
Battleheart (great micromanagement)

Strategy:
Tactical Warrior (looks weird but turned out to be one of the most fun tbs ever)
Dofus Battles (amazing! like PvZ + FFT combined!!)

Non-Game:
BeatMaker 2 (so much fun, make any music, so professional)

LOLavi
01-03-2012, 03:57 AM
Non-Game

AppZapp Push
Photo Power

GoofyJmaster.
01-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Just updated the list. Thanks guys!!!

I put Battleheart into strategy due to its RTS nature.

I've been thinking that I want to break everything down into their sub genres to make the list feel a bit less overwhelming. Any suggestions???

MrOstrich
01-03-2012, 08:10 AM
You missed the two best word games this year IMO
W.E.L.D.E.R. and Spelltower

GoofyJmaster.
01-03-2012, 08:33 AM
You missed the two best word games this year IMO
W.E.L.D.E.R. and Spelltower

I actually left WELDER out on purpose. I'll definitely add it because of how well received it was. I was mostly being stubborn and waiting for someone to mention it.

Ooohh... You're right, I definitely missed SpellTower. I just bought it.

As far as my own opinion, Quarrel was the best word game of the year, bar none. Second would have to be the Wiki Game because it's fun, informational, and unique. SpellTower looks like a definite contender though. I'll play it later!

Best online word game of the year is War of Words. It's pretty much the enhanced version of WWF.

Anyways, I added them both!

Neehan
01-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the list, still making my way through it.

Arcade Jumper and Colosseum Heroes are currently free for those who are interested.

GoofyJmaster.
01-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the list, still making my way through it.

Arcade Jumper and Colosseum Heroes are currently free for those who are interested.

No problem! It was a group effort and I'm pretty sure everyone was more than happy to contribute.

2011 was a great year (minus some blatant things that I've argued in the forum) and so far 2012 is looking to be very promising.

Tannorexic
01-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Puzzlers:

Juice belts
Joining hands
Windosill
Banzai blowfish
Droplem
Foozle
Liquapop
Catch the candy
Max and the magic marker
Cut the rope: experiments
Bag it
Spider jack
Critter chaos
Happy hills
Where's my water
Iblast moki 2
Rope rescue
Monsters ate my condo
Monster ate my homework
Bring me sandwiches
Machinarium
Puddle puzzles
Red ball 3
Jump out!
Rotate and roll
battle harvest
Home sheep home 2
Kami retro
Qvoid
Rolling kongs
Dimoeggs
Sprinkle

They are probably my favorites for 2011
Hope 2012 bring many more casual puzzlers!
I wish someome would start a modern day puzzler thread..theres an old puzzle thread but it's kinda outdated now..it's all mainly 2008-2010 stuff

Darth Ronfar
01-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Puzzlers:

Juice belts
Joining hands
Windosill
Banzai blowfish
Foozle
Liquapop
Catch the candy
Max and the magic marker
cut the rope: experiments
bag it
Spider jack
Critter chaos
happy hills
Where's my water
Iblast moki 2
Rope rescue
Monsters ate my condo
Monster ate my homework
Bring me sandwiches
 Machinarium
Puddle puzzle
Red ball 3
Jump out!
Rotate and roll
battle harvest
Home sheep home 2
Kami retro
avoid
Rolling kongs
Dimoeggs
Sprinkle

They are probably my favorites for 2010
Hope 2012 bring many more casual puzzlers!
I wish someome would start a modern day puzzler thread..theres an old puzzle thread but it's kinda outdated now..it's all mainly 2008-2010 stuff

Guess I'll try to help out

 for agree
 disagree
 already been mentioned
never played it
 not sure

I think u should add flaming igloo, Crimson steam pirates and crimsonheart... Also Rocket Riot, Gravity lab, Lara croft, crazy hedgy, Aquarius, Manchirium, ninja fishing, Silverfish, Finger shot Rpg, worms golf, deathsmiles, feed me oil, Tactical warrior, pocket Rpg, pixel
Ranger, shoot the birds, flyme2themoon... Forgive me if mentioned something already there

GoofyJmaster.
01-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I'll work on updating the list later!

Thanks guys!

jlach
01-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm going to nitpick this list a little..

It's Patchwork Battles .... not Battlez :D

And thanks for looking forward to it. It's definitely releasing this year (Q1)! :)

GoofyJmaster.
01-10-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm going to nitpick this list a little..

It's Patchwork Battles .... not Battlez :D

And thanks for looking forward to it. It's definitely releasing this year (Q1)! :)

Oh...sorry! I don't know why I thought it was Battlez. I'm happy to hear it's coming out this quarter because I'm really looking forward to it with the mimics (souls) and ATB.

Changing it now!

Danielfang7
01-11-2012, 10:45 AM
go modern combat 3! :D

jlach
01-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Oh...sorry! I don't know why I thought it was Battlez. I'm happy to hear it's coming out this quarter because I'm really looking forward to it with the mimics (souls) and ATB.

Changing it now!

Thanks for making the correction!

As we near release (End of Q1, Beginning of Q2) we will be releasing a lot more information about Patchwork Battles, from the Mimic types to the battle system, to the crafting system, etc. Hopefully you'll continue to look forward to it when all the information is finally out there :)

GoofyJmaster.
01-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Thanks for making the correction!

As we near release (End of Q1, Beginning of Q2) we will be releasing a lot more information about Patchwork Battles, from the Mimic types to the battle system, to the crafting system, etc. Hopefully you'll continue to look forward to it when all the information is finally out there :)

Definitely, the original thread needs to be revived. I'm ridiculously excited for this game. It's still my most anticipated strategy game for the year.