PDA

View Full Version : A little help

worldcup1100
05-23-2009, 12:46 PM
I somehow got my ipod stuck on the start up screen and was wondering how to get it back on avoiding a restore.

Before the freeze I had run my ipod's battery down until it only showed the ipod to computer logo that tells to charge. And after that let it sync back to power. It then turned on but for some reason turned off and has been that way ever since. I also unchecked some apps and had it resync since it seemed to have rechecked all of my apps. After this was when it froze.

I have a 2g touch on windows xp.

Any help on how to avoid a restore is appreciated.:D

worldcup1100
05-23-2009, 12:53 PM
I think I am just going to restore since it managed to delete all my apps I think and iTunes is very unhappy including it thinks I have an iphone now. (I wish it was right :rolleyes:)

organerito
05-23-2009, 01:01 PM
I think I am just going to restore since it managed to delete all my apps I think and iTunes is very unhappy including it thinks I have an iphone now. (I wish it was right :rolleyes:)

You can restore form a back up. It takes long time, but it'll be just like before.

worldcup1100
05-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Well, I have tried four times to restore. Three to old stuff with the two apple firmwares and once with a rejailbreak without restore. I don't know what's different but its not good.

EDIT: One says it is not compatible (I am assuming that is the old firmware) and the other gets mostly through and eventually fails.

worldcup1100
05-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Ok, so it finally restored, but I am not sure if I am going to re-JB. It is a pain to have to do this every 3-weeks. Is anyone else having these issues? Before my ipod worked flawlessly but now something goes wrong it seems all the time.

Stykman
05-23-2009, 02:36 PM
this happens to me sometimes

whenever it does that hold the home and sleep button for at least 10 seconds til the logo pops up

works for me and avoided a restore

worldcup1100
05-23-2009, 05:58 PM
this happens to me sometimes

whenever it does that hold the home and sleep button for at least 10 seconds til the logo pops up

works for me and avoided a restore

Thanks, I'll try that next time.

MuseFan288
06-02-2009, 11:22 AM
its jailbroken right?
delete any apps or themes that you have recently installed that might be the problem.