PDA

View Full Version : Closest thing to Pokemon on iPhone/iPod Touch

hawks12thman
05-25-2009, 08:52 PM
What is the closest thing to Pokemon on the iPhone and iPod Touch? That is if there even are any clones or semi-clones out right now. Obviously, Nintendo's not going to make any Pokemon games for the iPhone and iPod Touch anytime soon seeing how Nintendo and Apple are now competitors, but are there any notable clones of the famous RPG out right now or in the making?

robertf224
05-25-2009, 08:53 PM
I wish there was.

jchampl
05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
wolfenstein 3d

DAV!DiOT
05-25-2009, 08:59 PM
wolfenstein 3d

???
lol random

epic pet wars :D

hawks12thman
05-25-2009, 09:03 PM
epic pet wars :D

lol yeah i guess but i'm honestly kind of tired with these type of MMO games, as in the imafia and undead live stuff...i've never been a fan of them and never will

robertf224
05-25-2009, 09:04 PM
lol yeah i guess but i'm honestly kind of tired with these type of MMO games, as in the imafia and undead live stuff...i've never been a fan of them and never will

i played imob for a short stint. Once you achieve your goal of getting money and stuff it gets really boring

Maythius
05-25-2009, 09:06 PM
kyle's quest II has some monster capturing but it really isn't on par to pokemon.

freedog
05-25-2009, 09:21 PM
The closest thing would have to be Iron Fist Boxing.

djflippy
05-25-2009, 09:23 PM
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Move along.

Seishu
05-25-2009, 09:27 PM

Move along.

Touché

Baloney
05-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Might as well jailbreak and get a gameboy emulator. >.>"

hawks12thman
05-25-2009, 09:31 PM

Move along.
lol yeah, unforchunately

SomeRandomGuy18
05-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Well there is always emulators... but I'm sure we aren't allowed to dicuss that on this site. Plus the GBA one doesn't work very well. But yeah otherwise I guess epic pet wars.

Man of Mystery
05-25-2009, 09:38 PM
^gpsphone works just fine o_o it's very playable, full speed on most games and the golden suns even work now

and why wouldn't you be allowed to TALK about emulators? not being allowed to share roms i can see, but i've never heard of a forum that doesn't allow discussion of emulators (which usually means the games for whatever system it's for)

Albo
05-25-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't see how it would be hard to make even a crappy Pokemon clone, and I'm sure whoever did would make a decent amount of cash considering the number of people itching to play one. Hopefully whoever does decide to make one first will actually make a decent one though (I could see a good Pokemon clone dominating the iTunes store).

VeganTnT
05-25-2009, 09:59 PM
I don't see how it would be hard to make even a crappy Pokemon clone, and I'm sure whoever did would make a decent amount of cash considering the number of people itching to play one. Hopefully whoever does decide to make one first will actually make a decent one though (I could see a good Pokemon clone dominating the iTunes store).

I think that the problem is that games like pokemon are fun because they want you to catch them all...

So even a crappy port would have to draw plenty of monsters to catch, animate them at least a bit, name them, give them unique stats, balance those stats, give them unique abilities, and then animate those abilities

If you don't do that then it would be like getting the same monster 50 - 100 times.

Then you have to have a back story, a means of acquiring the monsters, etc.

That is a pretty daunting task. Especially when you consider the fact that you could submit it and have something wrong that means it doesn't get to be on the appstore at all.

It's a big risk

SSJGohan3972
05-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Make one, doesn't seem that it's been done and if you make a good monster collecting RPG (don't rip off Pokemon too badly or you could get in trouble) you could do pretty well.

Sainter
05-26-2009, 01:09 AM
I would pay $10 for a game that the company Nint3ndo came out with Pokemon Pink, a full port but Pikachu is pink, but I get the game in the 2 days before it's dragged from the App Store

T-jayy
05-26-2009, 01:13 AM
id say get an emulator on your ipod.

LOZLINK
05-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Meh, gpsphone works perfectly for pokemon.

RedMattis
02-06-2011, 04:54 PM
I think that the problem is that games like pokemon are fun because they want you to catch them all...

So even a crappy port would have to draw plenty of monsters to catch, animate them at least a bit, name them, give them unique stats, balance those stats, give them unique abilities, and then animate those abilities

If you don't do that then it would be like getting the same monster 50 - 100 times.

Then you have to have a back story, a means of acquiring the monsters, etc.

That is a pretty daunting task. Especially when you consider the fact that you could submit it and have something wrong that means it doesn't get to be on the appstore at all.

It's a big risk
Sorry for the thread necromancy.

I've been wondering about creating a pet-monster game for the iPhone, but precisely this issue you mentioned is the big question we need answer before starting anything. A pokémon-scale story and a number of monsters/attacks is simply not feasible.
My current draft has 21 monsters and some tamagotchi-like features, but I'm suspecting that it may not be sufficient even for a first game (if it is successful we could easily make a bigger game later).

I'd love some feedback on what you'd want to see in a pet-monster game. :)

We're currently 3 people on the company by the way. An 3d/2d artist, a programmer and a sound artist. 151 monsters, a long plotline tons of balanced attacks, minigames, I'm afraid thats not feasible for us (or the other 98% of those developing for the iPhone :P)

iNexus
02-06-2011, 05:22 PM
jailbreak ur device and install gpSPhone and download the pokemon ROMs and u can play real pokemon on a emulator

shadow-blade
02-06-2011, 07:11 PM
there is a game for ipod similar to pokemon, but you don't really move around a lot. it's called pocket summoner, and you do quests to gain experience. along the way, you can defeat wild spirits, and they may sometimes drop an orb. you go to a store, and with gold received from quests, you can get that spirit. you train that spirit in level using gold, but the limit is whatever your rank is. (rank = level) when you level a spirit up, you get ten SP (skill points) to add to the traits (attack, defense, sp. attack, sp. defense, speed, and intuition) also, spirits can have 3-4+ moves, based on you training for that move. there are weakness/resistance types, and different spirits have different body types (there's water, fire, poison, wind, ground, grass, normal, dark, electric, and magic) this game is also free! i like it a lot, it's pretty fun. but you do have to wait for quest points to refill

RedMattis
02-07-2011, 03:04 AM
there is a game for ipod similar to pokemon, but you don't really move around a lot. it's called pocket summoner, and you do quests to gain experience. along the way, you can defeat wild spirits, and they may sometimes drop an orb. you go to a store, and with gold received from quests, you can get that spirit. you train that spirit in level using gold, but the limit is whatever your rank is. (rank = level) when you level a spirit up, you get ten SP (skill points) to add to the traits (attack, defense, sp. attack, sp. defense, speed, and intuition) also, spirits can have 3-4+ moves, based on you training for that move. there are weakness/resistance types, and different spirits have different body types (there's water, fire, poison, wind, ground, grass, normal, dark, electric, and magic) this game is also free! i like it a lot, it's pretty fun. but you do have to wait for quest points to refillI'll be checking it out shortly. If there already is a pokémon-esque game out there I don't see why we should further oversaturate the iPhone market by adding another :P

Thanks

MrThreeCats
02-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Maybe if we're unlucky enough, Gameloft will port their cruddy DSiWare game Crystal Monsters to the iPhone.

Jocklyn
06-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Hey,

Just want you to know that don't give up cos so many people are waiting for a game like this. Even though there are a few out right now, but they don't capture everything we've been searching for.
Things I think that should be incorporated into your game is:
- evolutionary stages of each monster 2 to 3 just like pokemon and digimon
- battling between other players over the net with your monster or monsters. This is one of the best features, interacting with friends or other players, just like the classic rectangle digimon with 3 buttons. Classic, simple but
Effective and was a huge hit.
- maximum of 4 abilities at a time just like pokemon or it becomes a little convoluted so new abilities will replace old ones
- provide a little animation upon attack
- elemental creatures dealing with strengths and weaknesses namely (fire, water/ice, plant/grass, psychic, spirit/ghost, electric) don't do too many though... Because when there are like 20 different types... That also confuses the hell out of the player when they're struggling to remember the elements which are effective against another.
- u don't have to make 150, even 100 would be great. but each one should be original and not overdone with the designs... Like pokemon the first 150, which were great until it hit a few later which got into designs that starte to look like transformers..
- incorporate the tamagotchi idea, so even if people don't battle, they have a virtual pet. And maybe have 5 pet teams.
- allow breeding of the monsters, egg and hatch time but only between same species..
- allow maximum levels of 100 or so..

Well all in all, that's the sort of things that i personally want from the game.
And a lot of people also posted about such things. U Shud check out the other games and see where they have failed and win over them.
I found a few cos I've been looking for a game like this...
- geomon
- geomonsters
- mydinos go
- imon lod

Jocklyn
06-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Please make ittt.

RedMattis
06-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Sorry, it unlikely that we will be finishing this game. We did get a few weeks into the project though. It was going to be a Pokémon-esque game with 3D battles and a breed/mixing system.
It is possible that we might have included some Digimon-like pet-care features.

When the project was active we were going for a bit of a pokémon/digimon style mix of monsters, so some of the were slightly humanoid, others basically balls with legs, and if you scroll back a page or so in the blog you'll see a few images of the creatures we finished during the development process*.
http://sharkmissilewest.tumblr.com/page/2

Nowadays we're working on a game that could be described roughly as Gary's Mod meets Minecraft meets Oblivion in a sandbox format.
The game we're currently working on is called No Sanctuary (http://sharkmissilewest.tumblr.com/tagged/No_Sanctuary) if you want to read through the tagged posts*.

*everything very much work in progress, it is a development blog after all not the game's homepage

Edit: Fortunately there might actually be an official pokémon game coming to the iPhone, or so the current rumor in the indie game development scene goes. :)

SkyMuffin
06-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Edit: Fortunately there might actually be an official pokémon game coming to the iPhone, or so the current rumor in the indie game development scene goes. :)Hmm? do you have a source on this?

V3RMILLION
06-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Edit: Fortunately there might actually be an official pokémon game coming to the iPhone, or so the current rumor in the indie game development scene goes. :)

Wow. Don't say stupid things like that. That's how ridiculous rumors start.

magihiro
06-12-2011, 02:36 PM
\

1)Why would the indie game development scene have information from Nintendo?
2)Nintendo has their own portable system. They have no interest in releasing an official pokemon game on the iPhone. Don't start rumors for the sake of starting rumors.

Jocklyn
06-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Ur game looks like runescape. Lol minecraft wud be okay

Raro
06-13-2011, 03:27 AM
1)Why would the indie game development scene have information from Nintendo?
2)Nintendo has their own portable system. They have no interest in releasing an official pokemon game on the iPhone. Don't start rumors for the sake of starting rumors.

Pretty much this. If Nintendo released Pokemon games on iOS devices, half of their profits would go down the drain. The Pokemon franchise is on of the main factos which brings people to buying Nintendo's handheld consoles, and if they could be found on another device then even more people would stray and buy iPod instead of 3DS'

Anyway, good luck with your game! (@the other people)

RedMattis
06-18-2011, 10:32 AM
If I actually had a source on this I could get in trouble. ;)

That said, a couple of companies around here have been working with Nintendo, so it is possible that they've been discussing something a bit to loudly in the cafeteria.
Also for all i know the original rumor might have been 'Nintendo is planning to release an old pokémon classic' for the iPhone, which would hardly "cut their profits in half", something I doubt would happen even if they started releasing new Pokémon games for the iPhone on the occasion.

But on the other hand the rumor could be pretty old, and I haven't heard anything since. I'm just not a huge fan of the idea of ending up with competition from a multimillion giant like Nintendo with their 'rather' well established product'? :rolleyes:

V3RMILLION
06-18-2011, 10:46 AM
If I actually had a source on this I could get in trouble. ;)

That said, a couple of companies around here have been working with Nintendo, so it is possible that they've been discussing something a bit to loudly in the cafeteria.
Also for all i know the original rumor might have been 'Nintendo is planning to release an old pokémon classic' for the iPhone, which would hardly "cut their profits in half", something I doubt would happen even if they started releasing new Pokémon games for the iPhone on the occasion.

But on the other hand the rumor could be pretty old, and I haven't heard anything since. I'm just not a huge fan of the idea of ending up with competition from a multimillion giant like Nintendo with their 'rather' well established product'? :rolleyes:

What company around here has been working with Nintendo?

RedMattis
06-18-2011, 11:41 AM
What company around here has been working with Nintendo?Or a titles made for a Nintendo console, I frankly don't know.
I assume that someone had simply kept up with the news from Nintendo and heard a rumor which they considered somewhat credible, not something outrageous like Nintendo employees leaking news of future games to small time game developers.

Though if there aren't any rumors of that nature and some credibility circulating the web then I for one would assume that the rumor is false.
Since we're not planning on developing a pokémon-esque game anymore you'll have to investigate the rumors yourselves though. I've got other things to keep an eye on. *cough* Terraria *cough* Minecraft *cough* everything else vaguely similar *cough* *cough* must have gotten the cold. :D

magihiro
06-18-2011, 12:47 PM
All I see is you trying to get attention. None of what you've said in your past 3 posts in this thread are at ALL true.

Fireball926
06-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Geo society is the closest so far

RedMattis
06-19-2011, 04:49 AM
All I see is you trying to get attention. None of what you've said in your past 3 posts in this thread are at ALL true.
Trying to get attention for what purpose? I've already said that we are not developing a game like this, and our other game is not even going to be for the phones so why would I try to hype the game (which is by the way miles from being finished) in an iPhone forum?

I'm still around because I consider it to be polite to give a proper answer when someone asks me a question. It's really that simple. :cool:

SpaceJoker
06-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Guys, could you stop derailing the thread?
I come here looking for sugestions of games similar to pokemon and most of the thread is two guys arguing about rumors (that in my opinion are just stupid, that would never happen)

RedMattis
06-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I come here looking for sugestions of games similar to pokemon and most of the thread is two guys arguing about rumors (that in my opinion are just stupid, that would never happen)
I wouldn't call it stupid, stranger things have happened, but I do agree that we're starting to drift off-topic, and I apologize for contributing to the derailing of the topic.

More on topic, there are emulators on which you can play pokémon on a jailbroken iPhone. It's not legal everywhere though, but where it is legal it is a decent alternative till something better comes along.

V3RMILLION
06-19-2011, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't call it stupid

No. It's stupid. Nintendo would never, ever do something like that. That would be like Apple putting iOS on a Nokia phone. Just nonsense. You're either gullible or trying to sound cool. Or trolling. I don't know.

Anyway, Space Joker aside from jailbreaking and emulating Pokemon, Geo Society is the closest you're gonna get. It's not great... or even very good. But it'll do if you really want something like Pokemon.

RedMattis
06-20-2011, 01:04 AM
No. It's stupid. Nintendo would never, ever do something like that. That would be like Apple putting iOS on a Nokia phone. Just nonsense. You're either gullible or trying to sound cool. Or trolling. I don't know.
iOS on Nokia is hardly a fair comparison, you might as well have suggested Microsoft releasing a app for PS3 that let PS3 owners play any Xbox360 game on their PS3.

I've already named a fairly reasonable scenario with a reason to sell a pokémon game on the iPhone, and if you seriously consider it I am sure you could come up with several more possible scenarios. If you cannot I suggest you give the "reasons to do"-line of thinking a try instead of merely "reasons not to do".

V3RMILLION
06-20-2011, 06:16 PM
I've already named a fairly reasonable scenario with a reason to sell a pokémon game on the iPhone, and if you seriously consider it I am sure you could come up with several more possible scenarios. If you cannot I suggest you give the "reasons to do"-line of thinking a try instead of merely "reasons not to do".

What scenario? That it wouldn't cut into their profits? That makes no sense. That would definitely cut into their profits. Why on earth would they give money to their competition and drive customers away from them? I'm sure I don't have to tell you that most companies LOSE money when they make systems and make money off of the games they sell. In your line of reasoning why wouldn't they just throw "classic" Pokemon games on the PSP while they're at it? Pokemon is one of Nintendo's greatest cash cows. You must be really naive or have the worst business sense in the world. Or both.

Kaikyro
06-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Hey Guys,

We've just released GeoSociety - this thread on this forum has youTube clips of the game play. It is quite a bit like Pokemon but is still quite original due to its 3vs3 battles and time based system: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=97665&page=5

ShadowsFall
06-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Hey Guys,

We've just released GeoSociety - this thread on this forum has youTube clips of the game play. It is quite a bit like Pokemon but is still quite original due to its 3vs3 battles and time based system: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=97665&page=5

We have ourselves a winner!

Real Racing Fan
06-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Why not just use gpSPhone for the iPod touch and iPhone? (It's a GBA rom emulator).

MystikSun
06-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Why not just use gpSPhone for the iPod touch and iPhone? (It's a GBA rom emulator).Because it's not legal unless you have the actual game.

GeoSociety is the one of the best, if not the best, attempt at a Pokemon-inspired game. The only complaint is that the controls and the battle system aren't as fluid as I want them too. However, horizontal control, full screen, and online interaction between players is going to come in an update.

RedMattis
06-21-2011, 04:50 PM
What scenario? That it wouldn't cut into their profits? That makes no sense. That would definitely cut into their profits. Why on earth would they give money to their competition and drive customers away from them? I'm sure I don't have to tell you that most companies LOSE money when they make systems and make money off of the games they sell. In your line of reasoning why wouldn't they just throw "classic" Pokemon games on the PSP while they're at it? Pokemon is one of Nintendo's greatest cash cows. You must be really naive or have the worst business sense in the world. Or both.
Releasing a pokémon classic for the iPhone will not stop people from buying the DS or 3DS. If the players wanted no more than the old classics they would just stick to the Gameboy Classic, but this is not the case, and a good pokémon game for the iPhone may even attract more customers to the 3DS with the promise of even better pokémon games.
Gotta catch 'em all! ;)

Oh, and by the way, calling others naive and stupid isn't impressing anyone. Would it be such a pain to phrase yourself more politely?

MrThreeCats
06-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Releasing a pokémon classic for the iPhone will not stop people from buying the DS or 3DS. If the players wanted no more than the old classics they would just stick to the Gameboy Classic, but this is not the case, and a good pokémon game for the iPhone may even attract more customers to the 3DS with the promise of even better pokémon games.
Gotta catch 'em all! ;)

Considering the fact that they wouldn't be able to sell a Pokemon game for 50 bucks on the app store and that most people would just pirate it anyway, I don't think it would be a wise decision for Nintendo at all. Plus it probably wouldn't attract people to buy a 3DS with the promise of a better Pokemon game because most people would just settle for the iOS offering.

triggywiggy
06-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Considering the fact that they wouldn't be able to sell a Pokemon game for 50 bucks on the app store and that most people would just pirate it anyway, I don't think it would be a wise decision for Nintendo at all. Plus it probably wouldn't attract people to buy a 3DS with the promise of a better Pokemon game because most people would just settle for the iOS offering.

Plus Nintendo don't want people playing IOS over there "Precious" 3DS.

It would be the biggest no no for a company that develop's games and consoles. You would never put one of your games on another device, Never in the world would we see a Pokemon on IOS. Not that i really care as i have never played the game before anyways. :p

V3RMILLION
06-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Oh, and by the way, calling others naive and stupid isn't impressing anyone. Would it be such a pain to phrase yourself more politely?

I'm not trying to impress anyone. Furthermore, I never said the word "stupid." If that's how you took my calling your business sense horrible, well then that is on you. I'm simply pointing out how ridiculous your "rumors" are. If anyone is trying to impress people, it would be you with all the nonsense you're spouting.

And MrThreeCats and triggywiggy only helped provide more reasons why your rumor is so highly dubious and illogical.

MystikSun
06-21-2011, 07:10 PM

Anyway, Space Joker aside from jailbreaking and emulating Pokemon, Geo Society is the closest you're gonna get. It's not great... or even very good. But it'll do if you really want something like Pokemon.Yeah, gee, that would be like Sega putting Sonic on the Appstore :) Crazy, right? That would never happen. Especially since Mattis just said they might be releasing a "classic" version of the game :p Just saying, I kind of agree with Mattis. Nothing is ever impossible.

I still go with my previous decision: GeoSociety is the closest so far.

bmdino
06-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Yeah, gee, that would be like Sega putting Sonic on the Appstore :) Crazy, right? That would never happen. Especially since Mattis just said they might be releasing a "classic" version of the game :p Just saying, I kind of agree with Mattis. Nothing is ever impossible.

Though Sega hasn't had a popular system for a while. And yes, it is possible, but extremely unlikely. I mean like less than 1%

V3RMILLION
06-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Yeah, gee, that would be like Sega putting Sonic on the Appstore :) Crazy, right? That would never happen. Especially since Mattis just said they might be releasing a "classic" version of the game :p Just saying, I kind of agree with Mattis. Nothing is ever impossible.

SEGA isn't in the console business anymore. They make their money SOLELY on their software, ergo, it makes perfect sense for them to try and get their games out on every platform possible. Did SEGA ever license Sonic out to Nintendo WHILE they were still making systems? Nope. Why? Because that's only a good move if you enjoy losing money. What happened once they dropped out of the console race? Ta-DA! They began throwing Sonic onto every platform/system that would have him, because now the only way they can stay in business is to sell as many games as they possibly can. Now if Nintendo ever went the way SEGA did and stopped making consoles, then I would understand them porting their existing properties to other consoles. But that isn't the case, is it? Nintendo will NEVER release one of their games on another platform, even a classic. At least not while they are still in the business of making consoles/handhelds.

MystikSun
06-21-2011, 11:37 PM
SEGA isn't in the console business anymore. They make their money SOLELY on their software, ergo, it makes perfect sense for them to try and get their games out on every platform possible. Did SEGA ever license Sonic out to Nintendo WHILE they were still making systems? Nope. Why? Because that's only a good move if you enjoy losing money. What happened once they dropped out of the console race? Ta-DA! They began throwing Sonic onto every platform/system that would have him, because now the only way they can stay in business is to sell as many games as they possibly can. Now if Nintendo ever went the way SEGA did and stopped making consoles, then I would understand them porting their existing properties to other consoles. But that isn't the case, is it? Nintendo will NEVER release one of their games on another platform, even a classic. At least not while they are still in the business of making consoles/handhelds.
Okay, that example was quite flawed. I still think that it's not entirely impossible though. Maybe not at the time, but in the future?

V3RMILLION
06-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Okay, that example was quite flawed. I still think that it's not entirely impossible though. Maybe not at the time, but in the future?

Well even though I wouldn't count on it, perhaps if Nintendo did become unable to continue in the console business I imagine they would mimic SEGA in becoming a software only company. But at this point in time I find it implausible. So yeah, I will concede, perhaps in the future. Just not the near future.

SoulBlade
06-22-2011, 01:47 AM
Sorry for the thread necromancy.

I've been wondering about creating a pet-monster game for the iPhone, but precisely this issue you mentioned is the big question we need answer before starting anything. A pokémon-scale story and a number of monsters/attacks is simply not feasible.
My current draft has 21 monsters and some tamagotchi-like features, but I'm suspecting that it may not be sufficient even for a first game (if it is successful we could easily make a bigger game later).

I'd love some feedback on what you'd want to see in a pet-monster game. :)

We're currently 3 people on the company by the way. An 3d/2d artist, a programmer and a sound artist. 151 monsters, a long plotline tons of balanced attacks, minigames, I'm afraid thats not feasible for us (or the other 98% of those developing for the iPhone :P)
You should make a monkey with blades on its feet, a red mohawk, and a semi-automatic plasma launcher for its left arm. And give it a backpack full of hand grenades and angel wings. Name it "The Boss"

SoulBlade
06-22-2011, 02:04 AM
Plus Nintendo don't want people playing IOS over there "Precious" 3DS.

It would be the biggest no no for a company that develop's games and consoles. You would never put one of your games on another device, Never in the world would we see a Pokemon on IOS. Not that i really care as i have never played the game before anyways. :p
Never played pokemon?!?! Thats like never watching Sesame street! You are either old as hell or had no childhood.

yomachaser
06-22-2011, 11:12 PM
I think the closest would be puppysaurus but i dont think it's out yet.

Attollos Technologies
06-23-2011, 05:30 AM
A gameboy adcance emulator loaded with the suitable games?

triggywiggy
06-23-2011, 05:48 AM
Never played pokemon?!?! Thats like never watching Sesame street! You are either old as hell or had no childhood.

Had no childhood? My childhood consisted of Playing Sports nearly 24/7, I think that the phrasing "Had No Childhood" would be better suited for those that played Pokemon whether it was the card game, Gameboy game or watching the show.

:p

crex
06-23-2011, 05:50 AM

Had no childhood? My childhood consisted of Playing Sports nearly 24/7, I think that the phrasing "Had No Childhood" would be better suited for those that played Pokemon whether it was the card game, Gameboy game or watching the show.

I actually haven't played a Pokemon game either. But I absolutely LOVED the show.

sharks12
06-28-2011, 08:37 PM
This game is a good replacement. you could try, sorta pokemon-ish - http://geosociety.mobi

SoulBlade
06-28-2011, 11:59 PM

I did both.
I had my gameboy out while I was playing tackle football.
Thats how you play the damn game!

Dazarath
07-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Getting a little closer:
http://toucharcade.com/2011/07/05/pokemon-coming-to-the-app-store-this-summer/

MystikSun
07-05-2011, 03:02 PM
And MrThreeCats and triggywiggy only helped provide more reasons why your rumor is so highly dubious and illogical.
Well here's your proof. New Pokemon game. It's a spin-off, but it's still a Pokemon game.

V3RMILLION
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Well here's your proof. New Pokemon game. It's a spin-off, but it's still a Pokemon game.

It's still not a Pokemon game in the truest sense of the word. Nintendo released a mobile phone Pokemon game prior to this one. But it's still not a true Pokemon game, which is what the OP was originally looking for. And which will still not happen.

MystikSun
07-05-2011, 07:52 PM
It's still not a Pokemon game in the truest sense of the word. Nintendo released a mobile phone Pokemon game prior to this one. But it's still not a true Pokemon game, which is what the OP was originally looking for. And which will still not happen.But you forgot that "a Pokemon game in the truest sense of the word" was not being discussed by RedMattis. He simply stated "Fortunately there might actually be an official pokémon game coming to the iPhone, or so the current rumor in the indie game development scene goes."

This is official. It's a Pokemon game. It doesn't go with the main series line, but it's still an official Pokemon game.

candywriter
07-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Im thinking the OP could clarify, but "closest thing to Pokemon" sounds more like asking for a game where you travel around, collect and trade battle monsters, not a rhythm game where you tap on cards which is what this game is gonna be...

whatever its licensed as it doesn't seem to fit within what someone that's looking for a "pokemon game" would want.

V3RMILLION
07-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Nintendo is planning to release an old pokémon classic' for the iPhone

@MystikSun: Seems to me that's exactly what he was insinuating.

Madman100
07-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Closest thing to pokemon on iPhone and iPod touch?

GeoSociety is by far the best, if not the only game like this on the AppStore.

Highly recommended!

xxteargodxx
10-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Any news on the pokemon company making that game there was talks about?

MystikSun
10-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Any news on the pokemon company making that game there was talks about?Turns out that the only thing that Pokemon Company has to do with the iDevices is that promotional music app.

Naxera
11-15-2011, 03:35 PM
I was working on a Pokemon-like game called Roboji, short for robot and emoji (thinking of changing it to Robojimon :cool:) and it has robots instead of animals (less cruel because I like animals) and it is fully 3D, but it was difficult. Keep in mind it took the original creator six years to make the first Pokemon game!

I feel I have the skill to make it now however, so let me know if it sounds interesting to you guys. I think the reason Nintendo won't release a true Pokemon RPG game for iOS/Android is because they are also a hardware company and they are motivated to sell the only system the game runs on. Apple for example gets half of the ~$600 that each iPhone 4 sells for.

superwow
11-20-2011, 09:36 PM
How about this one?

http://izigza.com/disland/dragonisland.jpg

http://www.148apps.com/news/dragon-island-fill-monstercollecting-void-ios/

Theres a TA thread on it too started by the developer
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=111462

ZigZaGame
11-23-2011, 11:06 PM
It's actually this one!
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=113111

Preview of some graphic assets. We have over 200 monsters!
http://izigza.com/disland/Creator.pnghttp://izigza.com/disland/ElephantFighter.png
http://izigza.com/disland/kick_img1.png
http://izigza.com/disland/UnhappyBird.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/50-.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/6500.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/13000.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/19400.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/19800.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/15100.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/13600.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/5800.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/16700.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/1900.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/20400.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/12500.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/19200.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/7000.png http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/zigzagame/20300.png

Shadow Scaar12
12-31-2011, 04:24 PM
U can get the game monster galaxy its a bit like pokemon but u always run out of energy and u cant keep playing but its probs the closest thing
:):):):):):):):):)

CazicThule
05-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Seeing as Nintendo will never release a Pokemon game for Apple hardware, Mobile Monsters is pretty much the closest you're gonna get...

http://i.imgur.com/thYJQ.jpg

LOLavi
05-24-2012, 08:48 AM
4 new pokemon type games are going to be released at some point. Check the upcoming thread and search for pokemon type or monster catching and you should see 4 at least.

ImDeckardCaine
05-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Mobile Monsters looks a lot like pokemon gold era

Chantinq
08-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Greetings, future monster trainer!

Come join the battle with me in Monster Paradise, the epic social card battle game! Collect monsters and lead them into adventure...if you dare!

Use my Invite Code, and we can both receive a bonus reward!

Here's how:
1. Download the game for your iOS device here: http://goo.gl/04jGk

2. Register using my Invite Code: [GvWbURG] and start playing.

3. Defeat the 1st Area Boss to unlock our special rewards!

See you in paradise...Monster Paradise!

Sent from my iPhoneH

TuffyCactus1
01-03-2013, 08:26 PM
You guys dont have to put up with this "searching for an iphone game like pokemon". There is a game opening soon called micromon. It is almost finished. There is a forum on this website. This is the link: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2612714#post2612714

Rasta-_-dezz
01-03-2013, 08:55 PM

Dragon Island Blue

Wonderful Pokemon-esque style game with a few editions.
It's a bit confusing at first but it's the closest to Pokemon you'll find.
I've beaten the game but there is still an endless dungeon to go through.
There is also an update coming out in 1-3 months adding (I think) PvP and trading.

Hope this helped :D

Exillian
02-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Dragon Island Blue is a pretty cool game, but I think it will never be online. Which is a shame and the only reason I'm not playing it.