TouchGrind or Fieldrunners?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by FallenAngel, Nov 28, 2008.

1. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I don't know which one I should get. Both are 5$, TouchGrind is currently on sale so its price will be increased after Black Sunday. Fieldrunners doesn't seem to get on sale soon.
    I already have TapDefense as a TD game on my iPod, is Fieldrunners so much better to be worth the 5$?
    Is TouchGrind worth it? I mean I like skateboarding. Are its tricks realistic?

(Sorry if my english is not that good, I'm Swiss:D)

2. slomper

slomper Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    i think you should get fieldrunners first and then think about touch grind but field runners has a lot of replay value and touch grind is hard to get used to but it is worth a look. and the tricks are really realistic. but this is just my opinion.

3. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    #3 your personal robot, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
    Personally, both games are overrated.
    Fieldrunners is beautiful, but even TapDefence gives you more value.
    TouchGrind is just a toy, also beautiful, bot not really a great game.
    And both games also have tricks to cheat (you will find both here in
    the forum) :)

But this is very very personal :)
    Save your money and wait for fantastic things to come.
    Or simply get Snail Mail!! :D

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    ^^ I disagree. And how can touchgrind be overrated? It's been out less than a day, we don't know how well it will sell yet. I would say that you need to get
    both. Fieldrunners and touchgrind are both great games. Fieldrunners has been at 4.99 forever so don't expect a price change. Touchgrind is expected to go up in price soon, so you should just pick whichever one you want, but then get the other sometime soon. I prefer touchgrind for quick 1-10 minute sessions, and then fieldrunners for maybe hourlong games. Both devs seem really committed so they will both be recieving updates based on user response. Take your pick.

Typed on my iPhone.

5. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Durrrrr

These games are soooo cheap ---why not buy both!

6. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Fieldrunners has very high replay value. And in the end, that's what you should decide by.

I have both and so far Touchgrind is pretty awesome, accurate and fun. It's more like entertainment than a game though, so I doubt I'll be playing it as long as I have Fieldrunners. Touchgrind might be a blast for a while but in the end it'll get old and Fieldrunners won't. :)

Anyway, yeah, just get Fieldrunners. I don't think touchgrind is worth the $5 anyway... maybe 2-3... (it's pretty limited on what it can do)

7. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I agree you should get both its hard to tell which one you would like

I have been playing touchgrind for days and still can't play good.

So I pretty much load it up and play till I get frustrated and close it out

Its an awesome game, and if you love to skateboard or fingerboard and you can catch on playing good then I would get it.

If you don't like both then you may or may not like it

fieldrunners is a good game, easy to play

I just load it up and play till its game over.

8. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    get some td-game with depth and buy besiegement or get tap defence for free instead.

fieldrunners is completely overrated....nice graphics. thats about it....gameplaywise its at the bottom of the list.
    so get touchgrind and a cheaper and better td-game instead. then you have both.

9. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Sometimes, when something is popular, it gets bashed simply for that reason.
    Get fieldrunners

10. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Sorry but Besiegement > Fieldrunners.

11. Kumulus

Nov 1, 2008
    sometimes, something gets bashed for a good reason, regardless if it is popular or not.

12. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

I personally think fieldrunners is a much better game, and its controls are really some of the best out there. Touchgrind is much more visually appealing, and it's better to show off to friends. I would personally buy fieldrunners...

13. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    I should've been more clear: People bash Fieldrunners because it only has two levels, and four towers.
    Yet it has a lot of diversity in the gameplay, and there are a number of different ways to win.
    It is accessible, and the gameplay is challenging and fun.
    Because the graphics are good, every now and then people suggest it is not all it's cracked up to be - but it is.
    I think it has the highest universal app store score.
    Get Fieldrunners

14. Kumulus

Nov 1, 2008
    here we go.......thats certainly a good reason. look at other td-games. people put really a lot of effort in these and at least i think it sucks to play the same level again and again with a very limited amount of towers.

maybe i'm just not that easy to satisfy as you guys.

15. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    altho the raging thunder thread puts paid to that idea. Maybeyoure just more disagreeable? ;)

16. Kumulus

Nov 1, 2008
    fieldrunners would be ok for 1.99 as well. for the current price it just have to offer more than it does now.

raging thunder at is normal price is too expensive as well.....because its not offering enough. just like fieldrunners.

17. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I'd say if you're considering TouchGrind, buy it now because it'll go up in price very soon. It's on sale. However, Fieldrunners is not on sale and will be $5 for a long time, and they most likely won't raise the price.

I'm loving TouchGrind right now and have played it for hours at a time so far. The devs have also promised new features and more so it's not a game you'll get and will always be the same.

It's definitely worth $5 right now, and I don't consider it a toy. It's a great game. Not very deep, but it's got some great unlockables and gameplay.