PDA

View Full Version : Confederations Cup Final USA v Brazil

THE STUD
06-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Now i don't know what's going on but i reckon all the Brazilian players have been slipped some sleeping pills or summit cos how else can you explain USA 2 - Brazil 0 at H/T :D

Roll on tomorrow for us Brits and England u21's v Germany in the final of the European Championships :D

THE STUD
06-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Oh dear USA looks like Brazil have had a slap in the face and woken up ....Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal Brazil :p

DaveMc99
06-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Game updates are here
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/confederations-cup/2009/brazil-united-states-285076.html

walsh06
06-28-2009, 03:46 PM
This is so weird. USA beat the best team in the world and (i think) will soon be world champions. Im talking about Spain by the way not brazil.

Grumps
06-28-2009, 03:52 PM
If they are beating Brazil in this, I'd probably fly to South Africa for World Cup!

THE STUD
06-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Still 2-1 20 mins to go...

THE STUD
06-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Sorry to all you USA supporters but Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal Brazil 2-2 ;)

CDubby94
06-28-2009, 04:06 PM
2-2 now. I'm not a huge soccer (football) fan but I've been around it quite a bit and enjoy it somewhat. I'll probably get more into soccer if USA wins this.

walsh06
06-28-2009, 04:15 PM
soccer is far too boring to watch. If you want to watch an exciting sport for MEN then you should watch HURLING!!!!

CDubby94
06-28-2009, 04:15 PM
3-2 Brazil.

THE STUD
06-28-2009, 04:17 PM
If they are beating Brazil in this, I'd probably fly to South Africa for World Cup!

Save your money m8 its Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal 3-2 to Brazil now 3 mins to go :p

WunDaii
06-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Brazil ftw

!!!

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

organerito
06-28-2009, 04:27 PM
soccer is far too boring to watch. If you want to watch an exciting sport for MEN then you should watch HURLING!!!!

No thanks!

Grumps
06-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Crap..it got to be my bad mouth..

worldcup1100
06-28-2009, 04:31 PM
In more important sports news:

Braves are beating the BoSox 2-0 in the 8th. Tommy Hanson's been shutting them down.

Later tonight, the Walking Wounded (a.k.a the Mets) face my Yanks. Wang is on the mound.

In other sports news, even if the US won the World Cup, let along this Confederations Cup thingie, no one would care in this country. Oh, it'd get air play for a week or so, then we'd go back to football (US football) and baseball, and wondering how the NBA draft picks are gonna work out for our individual teams next season.

That is your opinion, many people including myself find soccer a very enjoyable sport to watch. Soccer may never reach extraordinary levels of popularity on the US, but it is on the rise and has its own sizable following.

I for one, was sad that the US lost the lead but this week is certainly a step in the right direction for the US.

THE STUD
06-28-2009, 04:32 PM
In more important sports news:

Braves are beating the BoSox 2-0 in the 8th. Tommy Hanson's been shutting them down.

Later tonight, the Walking Wounded (a.k.a the Mets) face my Yanks. Wang is on the mound.

In other sports news, even if the US won the World Cup, let along this Confederations Cup thingie, no one would care in this country. Oh, it'd get air play for a week or so, then we'd go back to football (US football) and baseball, and wondering how the NBA draft picks are gonna work out for our individual teams next season.

I know it's not a big sport over in the USA they even said on the commentry that it's about the 6th most popular over there but in the UK here it's our sport and try as we do we can't sell it to you ;)

Back to the game and it's all over Brazil win 3-2 so i'm guessing about 1 line in your papers in the morning if that ;) Unlucky USA :)

walsh06
06-28-2009, 04:33 PM
No thanks!
And why not. You prefer to watch bunch of pansies fall on the ground.

organerito
06-28-2009, 05:07 PM
And why not. You prefer to watch bunch of pansies fall on the ground.

Hurling!!! hahaha!

No thanks again! I prefer soccer than that.

Brazilian Rider
06-28-2009, 08:57 PM
http://www.soccer-fans-info.com/image-files/brazil-flag1.jpg

That and I hope the Braves beat the Red Sox so the Rays go up in the standings...

This is Brazil's moment tho so...

BRAZIL
WINS!!!

organerito
06-28-2009, 09:03 PM
http://www.soccer-fans-info.com/image-files/brazil-flag1.jpg

That and I hope the Braves beat the Red Sox so the Rays go up in the standings...

This is Brazil's moment tho so...

BRAZIL
WINS!!!

kaka is amazing!

Brazilian Rider
06-28-2009, 09:29 PM
kaka is amazing!

That WAS a goal. Stupid Sideline ref should be fired!

walsh06
06-29-2009, 04:11 AM
Hurling!!! hahaha!

No thanks again! I prefer soccer than that.

Quick question, do you you know what hurling is cos it's frequently mistaken with curling. Curling is the game on ice where you must brush like crazy. Hurling is the national sport of ireland

dangerz
06-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Brazil really woke up at the end.. poor USA.

To make it up for the USA, my soccer team won 4-1 last night.

worldcup1100
06-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Quick question, do you you know what hurling is cos it's frequently mistaken with curling. Curling is the game on ice where you must brush like crazy. Hurling is the national sport of ireland

Yeah, it is the very interesting sport of watching men hurl a ball through the air.
FUN STUFF! And soccer players are not pansies, have you ever watched a game from the English Premier League or the World Cup? That is physical stuff. It is probably the 3rd or 4th most violent sport in the world behind football, rugby, and something else.
Don't call soccer players wusses just because it is not the US's game, because I know 90% of the rest of the world would strongly disagree.

worldcup1100
06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
We'll agree to do that once two things happen:

1. Soccer players stop taking dives (as in faking fouls).

2. You guys stop bringing up the equipment in gridiron football as "evidence" that US football players are "wimps" compared to "manly" rugby players. Because, honestly, it simply doesn't make any iota of sense. They train with the equipment on, as boxers train with the gloves. Just like a boxers gloves, the equipment isn't there to protect the person being hit, but the person doing the hitting. And rugby tackles are more along the lines of takedowns. US football tackles are "ramming my helmet into your chest at top speed" type deals.

Anyway, back to the game:

I saw it. Eh. It was pretty exciting for a sport that I don't care to watch (which is funny, as I actually enjoyed playing it when I was younger...soccer really is a "to play but not to watch" sport in the US). Even I yelled at the screen when Brazil scored what should have been rightly called a goal, both at the US goalie for letting it happen, and the refs for totally blowing that call.

For 1, yes I agree with you as I hate it too, but that is not isolated to soccer, there are also dives in basketball and maybe some other sports too.

And for 2, I certainly do not think that football players are wusses for wearing pads, and am very glad that they do or else someone would certainly get killed. I have full respect for football as a great sport that is much more physical than soccer due to the obvious tackling.

Spotlight
06-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Americans don't like the sports where they suck.
The day they'll be that lucky to win something (they've been so close!!!), they'll start raising their flags and start being proud of their soccer players.

It's so hard to let them understand there's a world outside US.
When they go abroad they try to pay with $, but... oh, ok, that's another story. :)

Billions of people watch the World Cup final.
Unless you have billions of inhabitans (as long as I know you don't have), the Superbowl won't be watched that much.

It would be easy to say American Football sucks because no one watch it (compared to the World Cup), but since I respect all the cultures and sports and I'm able to admit American Footbal is an interesting sport, I won't say it.

I just say... wait the day they'll win something and see how they'll stop saying soccer is for girls and raise their flags...

Bah...

CDubby94
06-29-2009, 03:14 PM
What sport you like is a matter of opinion, so there's no right answer.

I wouldn't say nobody watches American football. It's HUGE in America, which has a decent sized population, and is also rapidly growing in popularity internationally, especially Europe.

worldcup1100
06-29-2009, 04:07 PM

I wouldn't say nobody watches American football. It's HUGE in America, which has a decent sized population, and is also rapidly growing in popularity internationally, especially Europe.

As I said before everyone acknowledges that US Football is very popular in the US and somewhat other places too. But, us Americans refuse to realize there is a whole world out there besides ours, far outnumbering us, and we seem to think that what we say speaks for the whole world.

I am not saying that is you CDubby just America as a whole.

walsh06
06-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Uh I'm Irish so I obviously watch the premiership so yes that even further proved my point that they dive. Everyone now toddle off to YouTube and type in morten gamst pedersen dive. Funniest thing ever.

Next how is soccer 4 roughest. Hurling, rugby, boxing, mma, ice hockey, american football, rugby league, Aussie rules are all rougher. That's not including all the fight sports.

Now the premiership isn't rough. The fans yes but not the players. And the world cup isn't either. German is actually quite good though. Best goal ever for grafite :)

One last thing worldcup guy, where did you watch hurling. Also don't demean a sport as it's just pointless cos it can be done for any sport.

dangerz
06-29-2009, 06:12 PM
How about we all just agree that different people have different opinions :)

worldcup1100
06-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Uh I'm Irish so I obviously watch the premiership so yes that even further proved my point that they dive. Everyone now toddle off to YouTube and type in morten gamst pedersen dive. Funniest thing ever.

Next how is soccer 4 roughest. Hurling, rugby, boxing, mma, ice hockey, american football, rugby league, Aussie rules are all rougher. That's not including all the fight sports.

Now the premiership isn't rough. The fans yes but not the players. And the world cup isn't either. German is actually quite good though. Best goal ever for grafite :)

Hurling??? Explain how throwing a ball makes you tough.

upsidedown
06-29-2009, 06:59 PM
This game made me so mad! US had it! It probably would have been made into some awesome movie too!

walsh06
06-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Hurling??? Explain how throwing a ball makes you tough.
You obviously don't know what hurling is then. What your thinking of is shot putt

worldcup1100
06-29-2009, 10:18 PM
You obviously don't know what hurling is then. What your thinking of is shot putt

Ok I stand corrected. But that seems eerily similar to soccer with a stick, what gives to hating soccer?

Spotlight
06-29-2009, 11:03 PM

Compared to the World Cup final, the Superbowl is just nothing.
With this, I wouldn't like to say the Superbowl sucks, but it's just a fact that the entire world prefers Football to American Football:

- Superbowl 2009: 95.400.000 viewers (not too bad)
- World Cup Final 2006: 715.000.000 viewers (good)

walsh06
06-30-2009, 03:59 AM
Ok I stand corrected. But that seems eerily similar to soccer with a stick, what gives to hating soccer?
i dont hate soccer i just find it a boring sport to watch. And the diving is pathetic. And about hurling its more like a mix of hockey and lacrosse. But more fun then both. I think anyway.