PDA

View Full Version : Battery Issues on the 3Gs

pluto6
06-29-2009, 09:01 PM
So I am reading about these battery problems - I have not had over heating, but it sure does not last long. I was actually pretty happy that it was lasting 4 hours or so continuously on WiFi internet, until I read that Apple is claiming 9 hours over WiFi. And some of the reviewers are mentioning that they are getting 12- 15 hours of "heavy use" prior to needing recharge. I am charging 2 sometimes 3 times daily on weekends where I spending a lot of time on the internet, and playing games..

Anyone else with the 3 Gs that has comments on their battery life?
I have Push turned off, Localization turned off most of the time, have screen brightness down... I think I am optimized pretty good, I think that the battery is not doing what it is supposed to be doing. At this rate, it will need replacing in just a few months...

eggzbacon
06-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Doesnt bluetooth drain battery?

aleceiffel
06-29-2009, 11:08 PM
I think I'm getting around 5 maybe 6 hours of consistent Internet on mine...it does get pretty hot when I download things..not super hot but it's noticeable

jecebn
06-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Mine's not bad, but it's not great either. I'm not really sure how Apple came up with the 9 hours figure, I can't even get it to last that long on light usage