PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Games which drain the battery faster?

ficbot
12-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Tetris seems to drain my battery really fast, so I am wary of buying other EA games. Also, Lux Touch. Fun game, but not very playable for me because it drains my battery in like an hour. Are there are other games you know of that one should avoid if one is concerned about this?

Hippieman
12-12-2008, 10:39 AM
As games do more complicated math and make lots of OpenGL calls, they will suck the battery down to pull off these tasks.

Short line, you want good looking fun games that are more complex than "click on this button" you have to sacrifice something, battery is going to go.

AppAttack
12-12-2008, 10:41 AM
What I've found useful is updating my apps when they're available. There's something to updates (even the minor ones) that helps how the application runs. Fieldrunners and Real Soccer '09 were two games that seemed to run my battery down at first but now, I don't have any problems with them. I thought the recent Hero of Sparta was a culprit but I realized I'm just playing it nonstop :)

Hailey
12-12-2008, 10:41 AM
My worst game right now is chocchocpop- the battery seems to drain after playing that for just a little while. In the past when I first was trying out Bugdom2 that was a battery drainer, besides being a very stupid and frustrating game. Anytime I am playing on wifi it also drains fast. I have a 1st. gen touch so I think the 2nd. gen. is supposed to be better. I will be looking forward to upgrading since in general I find my battery life to be pretty short.

As far as EA games the only one I have so far is Yahtzee and I don't find that to be a battery drainer. I plan on getting Monopoly for Christmas and also Hero of Sparta and it will be interesting to see what those do to my battery.

nickels
12-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Live Poker kills my battery. Not sure if it is because you are playing on wifi the entire time, or that the phone vibrates every time it's your turn, or what... but it is a battery sucker.

Hippieman
12-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Things that task the phone that drain battery faster are:

-3D OpenGL graphics
-Constant Wifi/Edge/3g Connections
-Decompression of compressed assets (mp3, aac, mp4, etc...)

So if someone was to map a movie onto a 3D surface, and then stream the movie to you over WiFi, it would drain the battery the fastest.

jecebn
12-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Cubes is one of my favorite games but by far the biggest battery drainer

VirtualAlex
12-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Orions drains my battery really quickly. But I rarely play that game unplugged.

oceanbeachsteve
12-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Touch Grind and Pathways are juice suckers.... mmmmm... juice....

VirtualAlex
12-12-2008, 02:41 PM
OMG PATHWAYS?

That game sucks battery? Wow just CLICK delete on that game.

Herp
12-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Galcon online.

My battery last for only an hour while playing that.... Sometimes less.

lilmac
12-12-2008, 05:18 PM
High speed chase is probably my favourite game but like most people have already said, it uses more CPU so it's going to drain quicker.

Also, remember, it keeps the backlight on as well and some games vibrate and have sounds too. It's like having every appliance, light, electronics item on in your house at once.

Buster08
12-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Does Warfare incorporated drain bettery fast? im thinking of getting it and would like to know