PDA

View Full Version : Blinks - a new virtual pet game?

Pages : [1] 2

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 01:37 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff249/saintsalive/promo.png

eggzbacon
08-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Looks like a kindergarten drew it

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Looks like a kindergarten drew it

:mad:

Looks like a kindergartenER typed that!

error
08-12-2009, 02:15 PM
what does it do?

eggzbacon
08-12-2009, 02:17 PM

Let me guess.
You drew it

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 02:20 PM
what does it do?

You'll just have to wait and see when more info is released ;)

Oh and @eggzbacon: No duh. :mad:

eggzbacon
08-12-2009, 02:21 PM

Oh hahahahahaa :D:D:D

error
08-12-2009, 02:21 PM

are you doing the designing

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 02:23 PM
are you doing the designing

Yup! I might release some sneak shots when the game is more ready.

Btw, the user "Sparks" is programming, so he's the real creator! I've asked that he get all the profits for the game.

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Oh hahahahahaa :D:D:D

Ok. Let's see you draw something better, eh? :mad:

error
08-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Yup! I might release some sneak shots when the game is more ready.

Btw, the user "Sparks" is programming, so he's the real creator! I've asked that he get all the profits for the game.

so you doing it for fun

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 02:26 PM
so you doing it for fun

yep.

error
08-12-2009, 02:28 PM
yep.

are you gonna have it free with ads or cost money

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 02:31 PM
are you gonna have it free with ads or cost money

Idk about price yet - I was thinking free, but maybe 99 cents. We might start out free, but then make it 99 cents as the content gets better.

eggzbacon
08-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Im drawing right now

error
08-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Im drawing right now
you 2 take stuff to seriously

edit:it should evolve over time

Gryphon23
08-12-2009, 02:41 PM

LOLZ! Hey, it could be good. (trying to be nice here)

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Im drawing right now

What are you gonna draw?

error
08-12-2009, 02:44 PM
are you gonna update it?

edit:have you designed a app befor saints

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 02:55 PM
are you gonna update it?

edit:have you designed a app befor saints

never designed one and yes, I hope we can update it but that's all up to the dev.

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 03:04 PM
News update: The development will start to happen very shortly!

error
08-12-2009, 03:08 PM
News update: The development will start to happen very shortly!

a news update in less than 1 hour and 30 mins thats fast

error
08-12-2009, 03:19 PM
so is this gonna be like made in a week or 2

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 03:42 PM
so is this gonna be like made in a week or 2

The dev is just about to begin, not sure how long.

MidianGTX
08-12-2009, 03:46 PM
What the hell is going on.

error
08-12-2009, 03:47 PM
The dev is just about to begin, not sure how long.

has the dev made a app

MidianGTX
08-12-2009, 03:54 PM
This news is front page-worthy.

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 04:12 PM
has the dev made a app

I think so. His name is Sparks, I think his app is in his signature.

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 04:18 PM
This news is front page-worthy.

Ugh. :/

Twazzock
08-12-2009, 04:31 PM
That game looks awful. Please don't clutter up the appstore with half arsed crap.

At least put some effort into marketing your game, and don't use paint next time.

Brazilian Rider
08-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I'll beta test this thing.

Yes guys, I volunteer for the biggest TOFTT ever.

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 04:42 PM
That game looks awful. Please don't clutter up the appstore with half arsed crap.

At least put some effort into marketing your game, and don't use paint next time.

Hey, why don't you make an app? You big jerk. If you're gonna be a hater, get away from here.

I finally found someone who can make an app who is willing to help me. Now everyone freaking hates me.

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 04:47 PM
I'll beta test this thing.

Yes guys, I volunteer for the biggest TOFTT ever.

wait - what does that mean?

MidianGTX
08-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey, why don't you make an app? You big jerk. If you're gonna be a hater, get away from here.

I finally found someone who can make an app who is willing to help me. Now everyone freaking hates me.

Good to see developers still cater to the gamers needs...

Seriously though, aren't you annoyed with crap on the app store? MS Paint is not a professional image editing application.

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Good to see developers still cater to the gamers needs...

Seriously though, aren't you annoyed with crap on the app store? MS Paint is not a professional image editing application.

Big deal...

I'm just mad because everyone is being so rude to me... "Don't clutter the app store with this half arsed stuff"

eggzbacon
08-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Big deal...

I'm just mad because everyone is being so rude to me... "Don't clutter the app store with this half arsed stuff"

Watch that language kid

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Watch that language kid

Just quoting...

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Just to let you guys know(especially that hater person), this might look like a game with stiff, unmoving characters, but it's not! The characters have fluid animations, and respond to your touch.

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 05:30 PM
new Blinks Blog:

http://theblinksblog.blogspot.com/

Keep up with it there.

Combzzz
08-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Let me guess.
You drew it
do you really have to be such a dick to everyone
ya 90% of the kids on here are nerds
but all your posts i ever see are posts just being an asshole
its funny sometimes but to just put people down is just f***ed up

eggzbacon
08-12-2009, 06:06 PM
do you really have to be such a dick to everyone
ya 90% of the kids on here are nerds
but all your posts i ever see are posts just being an asshole
its funny sometimes but to just put people down is just f***ed up

I was just guessing, I dont see whats so wrong about that, it looked like his drawings :confused:

Really I think you should be saying that to yourself

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Guys, the fight is over with, let's get back on topic :)

So, is anyone actually excited for the new app? Or does everyone hate its guts still?

eggzbacon
08-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Guys, the fight is over with, let's get back on topic :)

So, is anyone actually excited for the new app? Or does everyone hate its guts still?

All because I guessed that you drew it.
Its not really a big deal

JoshC.
08-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey dude.
Dont listen to all the assholes on here. Just have fun with making the game and keep working at it. It looks good so far to me, I'm looking foward to see what it turns into.
-Josh

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey dude.
Dont listen to all the assholes on here. Just have fun with making the game and keep working at it. It looks good so far to me, I'm looking foward to see what it turns into.
-Josh

Thanks! I'm just doing the graphics, but I'm sure the dev will get a good message from this. :)

Will090
08-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Who cares if its out of paint? Gameplay is more important than graphics. Enviro-Bear was made in paint and look at how well that did

prissy5
08-12-2009, 09:11 PM
hi I think it is a great idea and i would love too see more virtual pets and more that you can play games with. I know you guys hate this but i hate all the bloody games like what is it beat the puppy less watch and see if the animals fall into a blender. Not all of us like that kind of thing. I love animals and all life is worth something. I would love too see what you come up with.

MidianGTX
08-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Who cares if its out of paint? Gameplay is more important than graphics. Enviro-Bear was made in paint and look at how well that did

Enviro-Bear required a lot of hard work to get good-looking bad graphics. This takes no work.

MidianGTX
08-12-2009, 09:14 PM
hi I think it is a great idea and i would love too see more virtual pets and more that you can play games with. I know you guys hate this but i hate all the bloody games like what is it beat the puppy less watch and see if the animals fall into a blender. Not all of us like that kind of thing. I love animals and all life is worth something. I would love too see what you come up with.

No offense dude but that's why I have a dog. Stuff moving about on an iPhone dropping virtual turds isn't life.

bc142
08-12-2009, 09:15 PM

I dont hate you. i think this looks cool. I prefer games that normal people made over games that big companies made. Ill beta if you need someone.

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 09:24 PM

Yeah, I totally agree! I was just talking about how I should get that.

That's why I'm vegan, I love animals and I think that sometimes we all need a pet, even if we can't see our pets. Besides, games are fun XD

Enviro-Bear required a lot of hard work to get good-looking bad graphics. This takes no work.

Next time you spend a half hour on making transparencies work and working on making items less blurry, I'll tell you that you did absolutely no work.

I dont hate you. i think this looks cool. I prefer games that normal people made over games that big companies made. Ill beta if you need someone.

Thanks! Actually, we're not thinking about betas right now. The game has gotten a bit complete, but not close to enough to need anyone to test it. But I'll keep you down so if we ever need any, you'll be on the list :)

MidianGTX
08-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Next time you spend a half hour on making transparencies work and working on making items less blurry, I'll tell you that you did absolutely no work.

I'm surprised that took half a minute. I spend quite a lot of time messing about in Photoshop, but I dunno why the hell you needed transparencies for that, just get a brush.

...and less blurry, that's supposed to be default.

saintsalive
08-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm surprised that took half a minute. I spend quite a lot of time messing about in Photoshop, but I dunno why the hell you needed transparencies for that, just get a brush.

...and less blurry, that's supposed to be default.

Well sorry I don't have photoshop, and only have MS Paint and GIMP.

MidianGTX
08-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Well sorry I don't have photoshop, and only have MS Paint and GIMP.

Alright I'm gonna stop being an ass now. I still think everything I said is true but I know it's not terribly nice. In all honesty I think you should invest in something like Photoshop cause I've seen your comics and they were decent enough for me to read all of them, so I think with a better program your stuff would improve a hell of a lot. You obviously like art and design so it'd be a good investment in the long run.

bc142
08-12-2009, 10:41 PM
gguys quit flaming him, at least his app will be worth the money unlike hundreds of other apps that are on the appstore. at lease hes giving us something for our money and time, unlike some devs cough*khalid*cough

funkdem0nk
08-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Saints if it's fun and not a game where u play for 1 min and get bored, I'll get it, it seems promising, ya it may not look it but if it's fun and playable who gives a damn about the graphics.... As long as it's seeable and you can clearly see what's going on. I know i'm the third or so to say it but if ya need a third I'll beta haha. Good luck though :D

saintsalive
08-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Saints if it's fun and not a game where u play for 1 min and get bored, I'll get it, it seems promising, ya it may not look it but if it's fun and playable who gives a damn about the graphics.... As long as it's seeable and you can clearly see what's going on. I know i'm the third or so to say it but if ya need a third I'll beta haha. Good luck though :D

thx :) The simple graphics are what makes the characters fun and cute. Somehow, everyone on the internet who sees someone who says they're designing something basically assumes that person uses Photoshop and flash to create 3D 400-frame animations.

5jusername
08-13-2009, 09:21 AM
great! how long has it been since you started? :)

saintsalive
08-13-2009, 09:38 AM
great! how long has it been since you started? :)

Pearapps(sparks) Started last night, so far it seems to be going great! Gameplay is minimal so far, but most of the basics are covered.

He might also post a gameplay video soon, stay tuned in!

SeanIvy
08-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Take this as sound advice Saint, this is not to 'show you up' or anything else, I did this in half and hour, I'd gladly give you the file if you'd like.

You encouraged us to do better, here it is.

I kept your 'branding' so I did not change the font you used, only how it appeared.

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1368616/promo.jpg

I'd add more, but I was just asked to go out on a run for work, I'll be back in 6 hours.

MidianGTX
08-13-2009, 11:50 AM
If I was being annoying I'd still say that's a terrible font, even for promotional material :p

ultimo
08-13-2009, 11:59 AM

rotflmao :D :D :D

saintsalive
08-13-2009, 12:40 PM
No thanks.

Palfince
08-13-2009, 12:52 PM
No thanks.

You didn't even thank him for putting in the effort to help you?

MidianGTX
08-13-2009, 12:58 PM
You didn't even thank him for putting in the effort to help you?

This is what I was saying in my first post, as a developer you're supposed to cater to what the gamers want, not just what you want. Being open to suggestion is one of the most useful things a dev can do.

saintsalive
08-13-2009, 01:09 PM
This is what I was saying in my first post, as a developer you're supposed to cater to what the gamers want, not just what you want. Being open to suggestion is one of the most useful things a dev can do.

I know, all I said was no thanks, I'm fine.

I appreciate his effort, but no thanks.

error
08-13-2009, 01:31 PM
i like it with not great graphics because that what makes it a cute game

ultimo
08-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Do you have a Vid ?
I like what I see, to all the Haters out there... read da Sig,

MidianGTX
08-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Do you have a Vid ?
I like what I see, to all the Haters out there... read da Sig,

If you liked everything in the world you'd be dead already.

saintsalive
08-13-2009, 01:57 PM
i like it with not great graphics because that what makes it a cute game

I know, that's what I've been trying to say! It's SUPPOSED to look slightly childish! that's what makes the characters cute!

SeanIvy
08-13-2009, 08:15 PM
I know, that's what I've been trying to say! It's SUPPOSED to look slightly childish! that's what makes the characters cute!

I was trying to help. You said to do better, I did, and you put it down because you said you wanted the bad art. There is a huge difference between ' childish looking' and 'looking like a child did it'. Yours is currently the latter.

Brazilian Rider
08-13-2009, 08:19 PM
I second Ivy...

yournothere
08-13-2009, 08:21 PM
to be honest. It doesnt look cute at all. And its probably gonna be like those cheap virtual pet crappy games in the store. Im not trying to be mean.

saintsalive
08-13-2009, 08:51 PM
to be honest. It doesnt look cute at all. And its probably gonna be like those cheap virtual pet crappy games in the store. Im not trying to be mean.

Well you are being mean. I worked really hard on those graphics, ok? Does it make a difference that I'm 12 years old???

I was trying to help. You said to do better, I did, and you put it down because you said you wanted the bad art. There is a huge difference between ' childish looking' and 'looking like a child did it'. Yours is currently the latter.

I know, but I already have the graphics mapped out, and besides, I never put it down. Why you're flaming me, I don't get. PS: If you want me to say the truth; your graphics would not fit with the game at all, you failed at doing better, you managed to screw up my art though. Good for you! :D :D :D :mad:

You people are all jerks about this game. TouchArcade sucks, all the members hate you for no reason. I'm only sticking around for a few select threads.

MidianGTX
08-13-2009, 08:55 PM
He's 12, case closed. You're not even supposed to be on the forum unless you're 13+ y'know. Wanna know why? Reason has not yet set in to your little minds and they don't want you getting in the way of the real conversation.

P.S. SeanIvy's picture was definitely superior, and cuter.

Will090
08-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Let's stop judging the kid until we see some gameplay footage. For all we know this game could be awesome

saintsalive
08-13-2009, 09:01 PM
He's 12, case closed. You're not even supposed to be on the forum unless you're 13+ y'know. Wanna know why? Reason has not yet set in to your little minds and they don't want you getting in the way of the real conversation.

P.S. SeanIvy's picture was definitely superior, and cuter.

I'll be 13 in two months. And his pic was not cute. All the shading and way too bright! He got on me about my art now I'll get on his.

God, it's like, I finally get my dream of having my graphics as an app and I get flamed for it.

swigo8
08-13-2009, 10:41 PM
I'll be 13 in two months. And his pic was not cute. All the shading and way too bright! He got on me about my art now I'll get on his.

God, it's like, I finally get my dream of having my graphics as an app and I get flamed for it.

dont worry saints, dont let it bother u... game looks pretty kool, it has potential!
ill read reviews when it comes out:)

Sparks
08-14-2009, 03:48 AM
Hello everybody.

I am the developer for blinks.

Along with working with Saints, I have to support him.

As a programmer, the thing I lack is Photoshop or Gimp skills.

I believe Saints has said skills, which is why I have agreed to program this.

For the people who are actually interested:

I have been really working hard and have about 30 % of the game done, in two days.

Also. If Saints agrees, I will try to port it over to the Mac.

As for beta testers: maybe.

If you have ANY questions, please contact me at pearapps [AT] gmail.com

SeanIvy
08-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Does it make a difference that I'm 12 years old???

Yes, unfortunately it does. I understand you have a dream to get your art into a game, but poor art won't help you.

Please remember, I worked at home, doing 3d modeling and graphics on the side, for 16 years before anyone thought I was good enough to pay me for it.

Why you're flaming me, I don't get.

I wasn't intending to 'flame' you.

I'm a professional graphic artist who was trying to help, you asked us to do better and than showed contempt for our efforts.

I'm trying to help.

It was meant to be constructive criticism, I'm sorry if you thought I was flaming.

You people are all jerks about this game. TouchArcade sucks, all the members hate you for no reason. I'm only sticking around for a few select threads.

This attitude will not help you, I looked back through your thread and I see more posts praising your efforts than bashing your art.

Keep at it, don't give up, eventually you will have your dream.

Sean Ivy

saintsalive
08-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Yes, unfortunately it does. I understand you have a dream to get your art into a game, but poor art won't help you.

Please remember, I worked at home, doing 3d modeling and graphics on the side, for 16 years before anyone thought I was good enough to pay me for it.

I wasn't intending to 'flame' you.

I'm a professional graphic artist who was trying to help, you asked us to do better and than showed contempt for our efforts.

I'm trying to help.

It was meant to be constructive criticism, I'm sorry if you thought I was flaming.

This attitude will not help you, I looked back through your thread and I see more posts praising your efforts than bashing your art.

Keep at it, don't give up, eventually you will have your dream.

Sean Ivy

K... but my art isn't poor... everyone else besides some of the people on here think the art is fine, if not great...:confused:

And I never asked anyone besides one guy who was bashing me to do better. I wasn't just like "All of you guys try to do better!" it was directed at one person.

yournothere
08-14-2009, 08:09 AM
ok, lets not flame the poor 12 year old before he crys. Maybe a bit more screens?

SeanIvy
08-14-2009, 10:01 AM
K... but my art isn't poor...

Don't get me wrong, I even said that most people were praising your efforts, and count me on that list. If you have a dream, go for it.

I merely said the execution of your art itself was poor. For a 12 year old, it's great. You did well, and the creature design itself is nice, I like it. It's a combination between a Pac-Man ghost, and a Squid. It's cartoon-y and will fit the game well.

I stand, however, by my statement. "the execution of your art itself is poor." Don't take it hard, it's not a flame, or a personal attack.

You are trying to create a game that people will buy, and if the game play is there, it'll sell. But the truth is ugly, people tend to buy first with their eyes, and second with the gameplay. If a game looks low quality, they tend to not buy it.

I'd suggest then, making it free to begin with, and when people know about it and like the game play, than you can charge. And keep practicing with your art, as it improves, improve the game.

[edit] I used there, instead of their... I leave the grammar to my wife, and she corrected me.

MidianGTX
08-14-2009, 11:20 AM
I wish Sparks the best of luck, but gotta say dude... not too keen on your graphic designer. His work or his attitude.

Brazilian Rider
08-14-2009, 11:23 AM
I agree with Sean all the way. A suggestion saints, is draw it out, scan it, then go over it in photoshop.

Twazzock
08-14-2009, 11:37 AM
K... but my art isn't poor... everyone else besides some of the people on here think the art is fine, if not great...:confused

Compared to other Apps on the AppStore, you're art is not fine, it's terrible. I'm sorry that people are giving you false hope just because you're a kid, but you have to understand that you aren't talented enough to design a successful game. You're going to be disappointed if you ignore that fact.

saintsalive
08-14-2009, 11:37 AM
ok, lets not flame the poor 12 year old before he crys. Maybe a bit more screens?

:rolleyes: whatever...

Maybe screens. The game has to be much more finished.

saintsalive
08-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Compared to other Apps on the AppStore, you're art is not fine, it's terrible. I'm sorry that people are giving you false hope just because you're a kid, but you have to understand that you aren't talented enough to design a successful game. You're going to be disappointed if you ignore that fact.

What happened to "Follow your dreams"? If you don't have a positive attitude, you'll never get far in life. I'll start early.

SeanIvy
08-14-2009, 11:44 AM
What happened to "Follow your dreams"? If you don't have a positive attitude, you'll never get far in life. I'll start early.

This is a good attitude to have, and like I said, practice. As your art improves, so will your game updates.

MidianGTX
08-14-2009, 11:50 AM
This is a good attitude to have, and like I said, practice. As your art improves, so will your game updates.

Sounds like an experiment. Start a game with a child drawing the graphics, and update it through the years as he gradually turns professional.

saintsalive
08-14-2009, 01:48 PM
not too keen on your graphic designer. His work or his attitude.

Oh. My. God.

You were one of the haters. You flamed me. That's why I'm mad.

You got me mad. I have no attitude until someone ticks me off.
That's an unfair statement by you. It just proves how much of a jerk you are.

I looked through your post history, and I haven't seen one post so far that doesn't say "this game sucks" or crazy criticism. All you ever do is bash people.

saintsalive
08-14-2009, 02:05 PM
You did well, and the creature design itself is nice, I like it. It's a combination between a Pac-Man ghost, and a Squid. It's cartoon-y and will fit the game well.

Don't forget, they're part planarian!

http://pic.blog.plover.com/bio/mcconnell/planaria.jpg

XD

MidianGTX
08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Oh. My. God.

You were one of the haters. You flamed me. That's why I'm mad.

You got me mad. I have no attitude until someone ticks me off.
That's an unfair statement by you. It just proves how much of a jerk you are.

I looked through your post history, and I haven't seen one post so far that doesn't say "this game sucks" or crazy criticism. All you ever do is bash people.

In that case you totally missed the post which contained some pretty good constructive criticism.

How many devs do you see around here that respond to criticism with "Oh. My. God."? None, and there's a reason for it.

saintsalive
08-14-2009, 02:38 PM
In that case you totally missed the post which contained some pretty good constructive criticism.

How many devs do you see around here that respond to criticism with "Oh. My. God."? None, and there's a reason for it.

Ok how many times do I have to say, I am NOT a dev! I am the graphics designer... And your other post was NOT criticism, it was plain flaming.

Twazzock
08-14-2009, 02:39 PM
When I made a post criticising some aspects of the Plushed gameplay that were seen in the trailer, do you know how the dev retaliated? Did he, like you, proceed to send me several angry messages demanding to know why I wouldn't praise the game? No - blacksmithgames sent me a polite message asking me to elaborate on my criticism, and asked me how I thought they could improve the game. I'm sure they went through their topic, and made an effort to find out what people wanted, and learnt from the criticism.

You are a rude, impatient little boy who quite honestly, shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

saintsalive
08-14-2009, 03:00 PM
When I made a post criticising some aspects of the Plushed gameplay that were seen in the trailer, do you know how the dev retaliated? Did he, like you, proceed to send me several angry messages demanding to know why I wouldn't praise the game? No - blacksmithgames sent me a polite message asking me to elaborate on my criticism, and asked me how I thought they could improve the game. I'm sure they went through their topic, and made an effort to find out what people wanted, and learnt from the criticism.

You are a rude, impatient little boy who quite honestly, shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

I'm sure you didn't tell them that their game was half-arsed and not to put it on the app store. Talk about me taking the wrong approach...

Palfince
08-14-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm sure you didn't tell them that their game was half-arsed and not to put it on the app store. Talk about me taking the wrong approach...

No, he told them the truth, which exactly what he told you.

Edit: Admittedly I like the idea of this game, I'm just not a huge fan of the graphics. If I was you I'd do what Brazilian Rider said; draw them out, scan them and then go over them in paint. It would make them look a lot better.

MidianGTX
08-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Ok how many times do I have to say, I am NOT a dev! I am the graphics designer... And your other post was NOT criticism, it was plain flaming.

No, it was criticism. I told you what needs improving and I gave you some good information on how to go about doing it, then I made an optimistic comment about your future in design.

Secondly, the dev team doesn't only consist of programmers, it's everyone involved in the development of the game, including sound team, researchers, public relations and graphic designers.

Lastly, (and maybe I'm contradicting myself here), I wouldn't call scribbling around in paint "graphics design" anyway, anymore than I would a child painting on the wall with lipstick.

Brazilian Rider
08-14-2009, 03:52 PM
No, it was criticism. I told you what needs improving and I gave you some good information on how to go about doing it, then I made an optimistic comment about your future in design.

Secondly, the dev team doesn't only consist of programmers, it's everyone involved in the development of the game, including sound team, researchers, public relations and graphic designers.

Lastly, (and maybe I'm contradicting myself here), I wouldn't call scribbling around in paint "graphics design" anyway, anymore than I would a child painting on the wall with lipstick.

Scratches lipstick wall art off resume.

FrozenPhoenix
08-14-2009, 04:22 PM
To tell you the truth saints. Twazzock's art seemed like it would make the game much better. Not saying you would have to use it though.

Gimp is not quite photoshop but you can do much better artwork than you put up originally on it. If you fooled around with gimp a little bit you might be able to make the characters smoother that way you wouldn't get the pixelated affect around them.

From experience in the app store if theirs anything I avoid its games with 1. Poor gameplay 2. Minimal Screens. As long as you hit these two points I think it will be good for you.

Seeing as you found a good Dev for the game you should be fine. When you are deeper into construction I would love to see some gameplay footage.

I have loved art for a long time just like yourself and I can imagine how you feel about your project. Hopefully you understand. Im trying to stray away from the other multiple unnecessary flaming posts. Also I am 15 and as long as you continue to work hard at this app age can have little if any affect on it.

Sparks
08-14-2009, 04:43 PM
New post on http://theblinksblog.blogspot.com/

Please post things that you wanna see.

saintsalive
08-16-2009, 09:43 PM
New blog post! Check the above link to see it.

Btw, pearapps(Sparks) is implementing OpenFeint. read all about it on the Blinks Blog!

Loonybin
08-17-2009, 08:47 AM
I agree with SeanIvy. It seems you are being immature and unwilling to accept criticism. Unless you get better art, you should probably make this game free.

upsidedown
08-17-2009, 09:09 AM
You should probably find a real graphics design program, instead of just microsoft paint. Can you show us a video yet?

yournothere
08-17-2009, 09:12 AM
this game gonna be really simple right? Is this really gonna be depth like touch pets or just like the crappy virtual pet games in the store?

ultimo
08-17-2009, 09:34 AM
this (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_o85QtjVqNqw/SodkuNBbcVI/AAAAAAAAABo/qcJ4DVg-gLc/s1600-h/feint.png) looks so cute

Justinth
08-17-2009, 10:27 AM
I agree with SeanIvy. It seems you are being immature and unwilling to accept criticism. Unless you get better art, you should probably make this game free.

He is basically improving himself.
The graphics aren't that bad for paint.
Trust me i've seen some slopped up paint projects.
He isn't even getting paid for this.

AND SERIOUSLY?
Tell him to take criticism?
Theirs something called constructive criticism...
That's where you tell him how he can improve.
Not go
"This looks like it was made by a kindergardener"

Brazilian Rider
08-17-2009, 10:30 AM
I have to admit, the icon looks VERY nice...

upsidedown
08-17-2009, 10:54 AM
He is basically improving himself.
The graphics aren't that bad for paint.
Trust me i've seen some slopped up paint projects.
He isn't even getting paid for this.

AND SERIOUSLY?
Tell him to take criticism?
Theirs something called constructive criticism...
That's where you tell him how he can improve.
Not go
"This looks like it was made by a kindergardener"

I know they arent that bad for paint, that isnt what im saying, its just that if he had a graphics program the graphics could probably improved with a graphics program.

Palfince
08-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Hmmmm... I'm starting to have second thoughts on this. The MS Paint style graphics worked in Trace (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=289446636&mt=8) so they might look good in this. saintsalive has a good developer making this game so it could be a lot better once we see it in motion. In fact I found one of the sprite sheets for a Blink that saintsalive posted in this thread (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=21719) and quickly made it into an animation below:

http://i27.tinypic.com/bio6f9.jpg

Honestly, I quite like the look of it.

MidianGTX
08-17-2009, 11:39 AM
I know they arent that bad for paint, that isnt what im saying, its just that if he had a graphics program the graphics could probably improved with a graphics program.

http://www.jontendo.co.uk/gfx/mm9.PNG

Palfince
08-17-2009, 11:54 AM
I've made another animation using the sprite sheet that saintsalive made, this time you can see the Blink moving along:

http://i26.tinypic.com/65084n.jpg

Justinth
08-17-2009, 12:22 PM

The program does not limit the artist.
The artist limits the program.
Haha.

MidianGTX
08-17-2009, 12:33 PM
The program does not limit the artist.
The artist limits the program.
Haha.

Quite. It's possible to get some awesome sketches out of paint. Getting that into a game and animated though... that would be impressive.

saintsalive
08-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Thank you palfince, it looks much better animated, huh?

Loonybin
08-17-2009, 02:36 PM
It does look better animated, but I still think unless you promise frequent updates it isn't worth a dollar. If you do, though, i'm all sold.

Brazilian Rider
08-17-2009, 03:33 PM

Is that Megaman fighting some Wario Robot?

Sparks
08-17-2009, 03:48 PM
It does look better animated, but I still think unless you promise frequent updates it isn't worth a dollar. If you do, though, i'm all sold.
I am planning to freq. updates.

Takeahitjake
08-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Is that Megaman fighting some Wario Robot?
Wario Robot!? BLASPHEMY!

SeanIvy
08-18-2009, 08:00 AM
I have to admit, the icon looks VERY nice...

which unfortunately SaintsAlive didn't do.

"Its very awesome icon was put together by one of my close friends Zack, aka "ilovepocketgod". "

saintsalive
08-18-2009, 08:30 AM
which unfortunately SaintsAlive didn't do.

"Its very awesome icon was put together by one of my close friends Zack, aka "ilovepocketgod". "

yes. PUT TOGETHER. he did the background for the Blink. I did the actual Blink... He really wanted to help.

saintsalive
08-18-2009, 11:06 AM
LOL! It's Exorcist Blink!

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff249/saintsalive/Blinks_improvement.png

o.o
08-18-2009, 11:45 AM
LOL! It's Exorcist Blink!

I don't know what to think of that :eek:

Pazuza!

cookiemonster
08-18-2009, 11:49 AM
i love how nobody is talking about the actual game this thread is about...

ultimo
08-18-2009, 12:30 PM
i love how nobody is talking about the actual game this thread is about...
rotlmao

did you PpL watch tht movie Cloud 9 ? :p

saintsalive
08-18-2009, 10:53 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff249/saintsalive/screenie1.png

Screenshot! Read more at The Blinks Blog (http://www.theblinksblog.blogspot.com)!

error
08-19-2009, 07:01 AM
are we getting achievements in openfeint

Gryphon23
08-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Hey saints, you probably dont know me, but I just want to say that youre doing great! I will buy this game because it looks like a lot of fun! Keep up the good work ;D

ultimo
08-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Great work, iWant blinks... NOW!
boohoo

saintsalive
08-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Thanks! And yes, I believe there will be achievements.

ultimo
08-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Idk about price yet - I was thinking free, but maybe 99 cents. We might start out free, but then make it 99 cents as the content gets better.

Is it coming out for free initially ? :o

saintsalive
08-19-2009, 08:11 AM
another screenie, just for fun:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff249/saintsalive/screenie2.png

LonERecoN
08-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Hey Saint's, I'm a long time lurker, never really post here though.

I'd just like to say, you're doing great. Keep a level head, don't let anyone get to you and make you angry. Keep your chin up and make Blinks the best you can. People here are used to great graphics and long adventures, but I understand that this is your first real title on the AppStore.

Some things I would recommend to you:
-Stick to your word. If you say you will do something, then do it.
-Take on constructive criticism, ignore haters.
-Try to release updates frequently. Look at Pocket God. Point Proven.
-Slowly but surely, improve the graphics and functionality.
-Get the word out there. Use promo codes wisely.
-Possibly set up a competition, it will attract people to your game.
-Take your time, don't release something unfinished.

If you follow those rules, you should be fine. I wish you and the other dev the best of luck.

saintsalive
08-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Hey Saint's, I'm a long time lurker, never really post here though.

I'd just like to say, you're doing great. Keep a level head, don't let anyone get to you and make you angry. Keep your chin up and make Blinks the best you can. People here are used to great graphics and long adventures, but I understand that this is your first real title on the AppStore.

Some things I would recommend to you:
-Stick to your word. If you say you will do something, then do it.
-Take on constructive criticism, ignore haters.
-Try to release updates frequently. Look at Pocket God. Point Proven.
-Slowly but surely, improve the graphics and functionality.
-Get the word out there. Use promo codes wisely.
-Possibly set up a competition, it will attract people to your game.
-Take your time, don't release something unfinished.

If you follow those rules, you should be fine. I wish you and the other dev the best of luck.

Thanks so much! :) I have a lot of ideas for competitions, don't worry. Same with promo codes XD Pearapps is making sure that the app will be totally finished before release.

saintsalive
08-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Is it coming out for free initially ? :o

Sorry, but it'll most likely be priced at 99 cents. It's a lot more complex than we planned... :(

le'deuche123
08-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Sorry, but it'll most likely be priced at 99 cents. It's a lot more complex than we planned... :(

Were you smoking pot when you made those graphics?? They look like druggy stupid head graphics. Virtual Pets??? only a druggee would have imaginary pets.

ultimo
08-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Were you smoking pot when you made those graphics?? They look like druggy stupid head graphics. Virtual Pets??? only a druggee would have imaginary pets.
Read da Sig, Period!

le'deuche123
08-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Read da Sig, Period!

I never learned to read "stupid".....sorry bud!:)

ultimo
08-19-2009, 02:15 PM
I never learned to read "stupid".....sorry bud!:)
No point in communicating furthr with U then... LBG, Help me :o

le'deuche123
08-19-2009, 02:24 PM
No point in communicating furthr with U then... LBG, Help me :o

Especially since you seem to have a problem grasping even the basics of the english language. I agree no point in communicating further:) If LBG would like to talk that's fine, as he doesn't consistently make himself sound like a dumbass while subjecting other's to his drivel. Stop acting like a dev....until you actually develop a game. You are not a dev just because:

1. You have beta tested.
2. You've completed a highlights object find and colored all the pictures in the lines.
3. You have a "Reelly sweet ideaz for the l33t dev who'll do all the work"

These are some of the credentials I see here and I'm tired of "kids sandbox play" on touch arcade. I'm a dick yes I know. But please go play make believe somewhere else.

saintsalive
08-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Especially since you seem to have a problem grasping even the basics of the english language. I agree no point in communicating further:) If LBG would like to talk that's fine, as he doesn't consistently make himself sound like a dumbass while subjecting other's to his drivel. Stop acting like a dev....until you actually develop a game. You are not a dev just because:

1. You have beta tested.
2. You've completed a highlights object find and colored all the pictures in the lines.

These are some of the credentials I see here and I'm tired of "kids sandbox play" on touch arcade. I'm a dick yes I know. But please go play make believe somewhere else.

I'm not gonna answer to this crap. If you don't like the thread, you don't have to read it. If you don't like the graphics, then don't buy the game. Duh. simple as that.

skipper587
08-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Saints has a point. Just stop. You aren't gaining anything from putting his app down. You don't like it, don't buy it.

CDubby94
08-19-2009, 02:45 PM

1. You have beta tested.

Preach it!

Booch138
08-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Do I.... touch it?

I am not 100% on what it is, however just cause it has a different take on graphics, doesn't mean it will suck.

Like I said though, I have no idea what this program will be about, but I'll keep an eye on it. I for some odd reason love "Pet" games/programs/etc. So if this will be decent, and not priced much higher than $1.99, why not? lmao

Keep your hear up Saintsalive, it's not easy facing the fury and wrath of the four horsemen of toucharcade.com hahahah

saintsalive
08-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Do I.... touch it?

I am not 100% on what it is, however just cause it has a different take on graphics, doesn't mean it will suck.

Like I said though, I have no idea what this program will be about, but I'll keep an eye on it. I for some odd reason love "Pet" games/programs/etc. So if this will be decent, and not priced much higher than $1.99, why not? lmao

Keep your hear up Saintsalive, it's not easy facing the fury and wrath of the four horsemen of toucharcade.com hahahah

Thanks, and for the price: Try 99 cents, lol! I hope you think about getting it, you won't be disappointed.

If you want to know more about it, go to http://www.theblinksblog.blogspot.com or keep in touch with me at pcpliam@yahoo.com.

le'deuche123
08-19-2009, 02:58 PM

Four horsemen???? Hmmmm....I like it:)

skipper587
08-19-2009, 03:04 PM
The four horsemen as in the four from Revelation?

le'deuche123
08-19-2009, 03:09 PM
The four horsemen as in the four from Revelation?

Yeah those guys......you know, heralds of the apocolypse and all that.

Brazilian Rider
08-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Can I be the beast that rises out of the water and marks all those who are damned to hell with the numbers '666' etched upon their foreheads?

le'deuche123
08-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Can I be the beast that rises out of the water and marks all those who are damned to hell with the numbers '666' etched upon their foreheads?

I wouldn't have it any other way;)

Booch138
08-19-2009, 03:51 PM
hahaahah yeah I didn't mean anyone in particular in reference to Revelation's Four Horseman of the Apocalypse. I just mean't for the dev to not pay too much attention to the jackals here on TA. We can be pretty vicious :rolleyes:

MidianGTX
08-19-2009, 03:53 PM
hahaahah yeah I didn't mean anyone in particular in reference to Revelation's Four Horseman of the Apocalypse. I just mean't for the dev to not pay too much attention to the jackals here on TA. We can be pretty vicious :rolleyes:

Hey those horsemen are only doing their job!

Booch138
08-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Hey those horsemen are only doing their job!

Yeah but with the Politics involved, they are nothing but crooked swine.

what?

LBG
08-19-2009, 04:26 PM

1. You have beta tested.

OK, I am here now.
Neutral position at the mo.
I can see why you are backing up this indie dev, ultimo. But the game does look pretty bad (I mean MS paint and basic Times Roman text? Where's the effort?)
I agree with what you are saying, le douche.
My post that is now your sig was directed at the haters of Modern Combat, not games in general.

oldskooler81
08-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Saints, your creative and I hope this app works out. Me personally won't get it because my iPhone is already clutter with virtual pet apps. I'm sorry for the haters. Good for you Sparks for supporting this app.

ZAck14532
08-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Saints, your creative and I hope this app works out. Me personally won't get it because my iPhone is already clutter with virtual pet apps. I'm sorry for the haters. Good for you Sparks for supporting this app.

yea by the way i designed the app icon and the game looks awesome so far and sparks is the developer off the app and saints art is fine.

skipper587
08-19-2009, 08:13 PM
yea by the way i designed the app icon and the game looks awesome so far and sparks is the developer off the app and saints art is fine.

Yep. For a first time app, and a non-professional artist, the graphics aren't bad at all. So back off all you haters. That's not allowed anyway.

ultimo
08-20-2009, 05:48 AM
I'm a dick yes I know.

Has to be my siggy! :D

Thanks for being here LBG

ZAck14532
08-20-2009, 09:27 AM
OK, I am here now.
Neutral position at the mo.
I can see why you are backing up this indie dev, ultimo. But the game does look pretty bad (I mean MS paint and basic Times Roman text? Where's the effort?)
I agree with what you are saying, le douche.
My post that is now your sig was directed at the haters of Modern Combat, not games in general.

wow thats mean

LBG
08-20-2009, 09:39 AM
wow thats mean

What is mean about giving the developer an honest opinion?
Criticism improves things, and without it, nothing would be improved.

saintsalive
08-20-2009, 09:49 AM
What is mean about giving the developer an honest opinion?
Criticism improves things, and without it, nothing would be improved.

I understand you more than others, but to hate on a game because its original promo, that was made before the game even started to be developed, used a Times New Roman Font is just kinda rude. But I like that you're actually giving helpful advice towards the game instead of "The art sucks, you must've been on drugs" or "That's like a child with lipstick on a wall".

saintsalive
08-20-2009, 10:59 AM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff249/saintsalive/twitter2-1.png

Tweet Tweet! You can post your highscores in Blinks to Twitter now!

saintsalive
08-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Blinks is pretty much done, and it's in its last stage before App Store submission!

Also, check out this neat twitter my friend Zack set up.

http://www.twitter.com/BlinksApp

Also search Blinks app on Http://www.facebook.com

nightbeaver
08-21-2009, 02:28 PM
It does look better animated, but I still think unless you promise frequent updates it isn't worth a dollar. If you do, though, i'm all sold.cheese and rice!!you sound like some brutal ogre sweat shop task master (not saying you are one just saying you sound like one but if you really are then one i guess thats okay too) paying kids a dollar to make 1000 pairs of nikes.frequent updates are good yes but a quality app is also worth a dollar i think . with regards to the art i think all it needs is a drop shadow affect behind the blinkies maybe stroke the blinkers a little with light gray or white then the thingies look like paper cutouts nd give the illusion of polishness without changing the graphics really . if you would like a a good painting program, saintsalive, thats free try http://paint.net/ for paint .net. it is a program that was originally intended to be the successor to ms paint. for painting it is alot better than gimp or paint and did i mention its free. oh i guess i did. well its free then

saintsalive
08-21-2009, 05:52 PM
cheese and rice!!you sound like some brutal ogre sweat shop task master (not saying you are one just saying you sound like one but if you really are then one i guess thats okay too) paying kids a dollar to make 1000 pairs of nikes.frequent updates are good yes but a quality app is also worth a dollar i think . with regards to the art i think all it needs is a drop shadow affect behind the blinkies maybe stroke the blinkers a little with light gray or white then the thingies look like paper cutouts nd give the illusion of polishness without changing the graphics really . if you would like a a good painting program, saintsalive, thats free try http://paint.net/ for paint .net. it is a program that was originally intended to be the successor to ms paint. for painting it is alot better than gimp or paint and did i mention its free. oh i guess i did. well its free then

Lol, thanks! I do have paint.net, but I hardly use it. I'll have to try it again.

hdgreen
08-21-2009, 06:02 PM
hows the app doing?

saintsalive
08-21-2009, 09:11 PM
hows the app doing?

The app has been submitted!

YAY!

:D

Cheer!

Justinth
08-21-2009, 10:47 PM

YAY!

Cheer!
Who-ah!? Seriously?
That's great news :)

error
08-22-2009, 06:12 AM

YAY!

Cheer!

Cool

hdgreen
08-22-2009, 06:30 AM
Wow can we see some screenshots? What kind of app is it going to be? A game?
You should use openfeint.

saintsalive
08-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Wow can we see some screenshots? What kind of app is it going to be? A game?
You should use openfeint.

We are...

http://www.theblinksblog.blogspot.com

read here.

hdgreen
08-22-2009, 09:06 AM
so what can you actually do on blinks?
just watch them float around and then press a plus or minus button to be either nice or mean :S

Gryphon23
08-22-2009, 09:25 AM
so what can you actually do on blinks?
just watch them float around and then press a plus or minus button to be either nice or mean :S

No, I believe that you can interact with the blinks in different ways. The plus and minus buttons are to add or subtract the total amount of blinks on the screen.

hdgreen
08-22-2009, 10:15 AM
oh right. thanks for that. :D im looking forward to this game. I've already said i'll prob review it for saints. :D

skipper587
08-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah. Looking forward to playing it. Doing a friend a favor. Btw, did you guys ever decide? PM me Saints.

I'm on iFPS right now, for those of you who want to join me.

error
08-22-2009, 01:05 PM
blinks twitter says they are working on a update

Brazilian Rider
08-22-2009, 02:51 PM
This'll be interesting...

saintsalive
08-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Check our twitter for a hint of the update :D It's something people have wanted since we started making Blinks, and the game will rock with it. And it took a long time to make too 0_e

error
08-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Check our twitter for a hint of the update :D It's something people have wanted since we started making Blinks, and the game will rock with it. And it took a long time to make too 0_e

change the pet color gonna be so cool and anything else in the update

upsidedown
08-22-2009, 06:46 PM
You should make it so that you can add sharks to torture your blinks.:) That would be funny.:)

error
08-23-2009, 10:51 AM
anything news on the first update saints

saintsalive
08-23-2009, 11:08 AM
anything news on the first update saints

It's probably too early to say much of anything yet, but like the developer said on twitter, the customizing Blinks part is pretty much there. I'll have to wait and see what it looks like and how it works before anything much else is released.

error
08-23-2009, 11:11 AM
what nice and mean things can you do?

saintsalive
08-23-2009, 11:15 AM
what nice and mean things can you do?

Since it's been submitted, I can explain this. If you gently tap a Blink, it counts as petting him. But, if you double-tap a Blink, it counts as hitting him. There may be new ways to be nice or mean to the Blinks later on... maybe even in this update... :D

hdgreen
08-23-2009, 12:23 PM
hey saints are there reaction states for petting and hitting your blinks?

saintsalive
08-23-2009, 12:25 PM
hey saints are there reaction states for petting and hitting your blinks?

:confused:what?:confused:

Do you mean different animations? Of course XD

hdgreen
08-23-2009, 12:27 PM
yeah like if you hit the blink he reacts to it. like gets upset or stuff like that.
Maybe one day pg might do a cross over with blinks. lol.

saintsalive
08-23-2009, 01:50 PM
yeah like if you hit the blink he reacts to it. like gets upset or stuff like that.
Maybe one day pg might do a cross over with blinks. lol.

Lol, that would rock! but probably not.

And btw, the Blinks have more reaction state than you can think of...

error
08-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Lol, that would rock! but probably not.

And btw, the Blinks have more reaction state than you can think of...

my guess is 7 reactions

hdgreen
08-23-2009, 02:02 PM
kool. Care to say how many??

Hmar9333
08-23-2009, 04:09 PM
kool. Care to say how many??

mebeswordguy
08-23-2009, 04:17 PM
This is gonna be good. ive been getting saints tweets and it has really piqued my interest

error
08-23-2009, 06:02 PM
have you got 3 people working on blicks now?

saintsalive
08-24-2009, 08:20 AM
have you got 3 people working on blicks now?

Yeah, the new update needed so much art it'd be cruel not to have Zack in the team. He had to recolor all the Blinks, and as well, he made us a brand new icon...

MetroGnome217
08-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Saints-
when did you submit,
Good luck on the game!!

error
08-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Yeah, the new update needed so much art it'd be cruel not to have Zack in the team. He had to recolor all the Blinks, and as well, he made us a brand new icon...

so new icon every update then or every few

saintsalive
08-24-2009, 08:30 AM
Saints-
when did you submit,
Good luck on the game!!

Actually, Pearapps/Sparks submitted a few days ago, so it shouldn't be long!

so new icon every update then or every few

idk, but it seems like this icon is really good, good enough to stay.

saintsalive
08-24-2009, 05:05 PM
According to pearapps, you can now customize the Blinks, and a new feature is coming soon...

mebeswordguy
08-24-2009, 05:09 PM
cool! whos beta testing this? I want to hear some more opinions

MetroGnome217
08-24-2009, 05:14 PM
maybe you could just personalize a corner of the icon depening in the update

Gryphon23
08-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Yay! 200th Post! Anyways, I am really excited for this game! Especially now that you can customise your blinks!

hdgreen
08-24-2009, 06:39 PM
is blinks going to be free?

error
08-24-2009, 06:41 PM
is blinks going to be free?

no 59p or 99c but they are gonna update it

hdgreen
08-24-2009, 06:43 PM
hmm saints said it'd be free so im not too sure anymore. :S

error
08-24-2009, 06:44 PM
hmm saints said it'd be free so im not too sure anymore. :S

but later change it

mebeswordguy
08-24-2009, 06:52 PM
free intro price?

saintsalive
08-24-2009, 11:02 PM
99 cents ;)

saintsalive
08-25-2009, 12:38 PM
New Blog post with sneak peek of customizing!

error
08-25-2009, 12:57 PM
New Blog post with sneak peek of customizing!

:eek: it's red :eek:

hdgreen
08-25-2009, 01:07 PM
saints on your blog you need to make your image smaller so it fits in with your theme. It sticks out over the edge by a long way.

saintsalive
08-25-2009, 01:47 PM
saints on your blog you need to make your image smaller so it fits in with your theme. It sticks out over the edge by a long way.

I would, but it would look bad.

EDIT: Did it and it looks better, thanks :)

skipper587
08-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure how well this app is going to do.

saintsalive
08-25-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure how well this app is going to do.

me neither, but I hope it does well :/

Btw, new edit on the Blog post!

Guess what one of the until-now secret features is?

NAMING the Blinks! :D

error
08-25-2009, 01:56 PM
me neither, but I hope it does well :/

Btw, new edit on the Blog post!

Guess what one of the until-now secret features is?

NAMING the Blinks! :D

Pocket god say my name rip off

skipper587
08-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Pocket god say my name rip off

He is a pg beta after all.

Justinth
08-25-2009, 02:05 PM
SERIOUSLY GUYS?
It's not copying pocketgod.
Do you name your fish?
In Nintendogs do you name your dogs?
PocketGod did not invent naming things!

skipper587
08-25-2009, 02:06 PM
SERIOUSLY GUYS?
It's not copying pocketgod.
Do you name your fish?
In Nintendogs do you name your dogs?
PocketGod did not invent naming things!

We're just messing with him :P

Justinth
08-25-2009, 02:07 PM
We're just messing with him :P

Oh like you haven't done enough of that..
Lmao.

skipper587
08-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh like you haven't done enough of that..
Lmao.

I actually haven't.

Justinth
08-25-2009, 02:11 PM
:\
Guys just put it this way, the game looks like it has a lot of fun features.

skipper587
08-25-2009, 02:13 PM
:\
Guys just put it this way, the game looks like it has a lot of fun features.

And has a lot of potential.

error
08-25-2009, 02:18 PM
If you think about it this game is alot like pocket god. You can be mean to them, be nice to them, and name them later.

saintsalive
08-25-2009, 02:24 PM
If you think about it this game is alot like pocket god. You can be mean to them, be nice to them, and name them later.

Like someone said before...

Nintendogs? Spore? lol, there are a lot of games with the same elements as that.

Justinth
08-25-2009, 02:28 PM
And has a lot of potential.

Yes. See your even more help then me, haha.

EDIT;
Made this :\
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/JustinzReviews/blinks2.png

hdgreen
08-25-2009, 02:40 PM
saints if you can make a 200 x 60 image for blinks then i'll put it on the new PGF site :) with a link to your blog :)

saintsalive
08-25-2009, 04:16 PM
saints if you can make a 200 x 60 image for blinks then i'll put it on the new PGF site :) with a link to your blog :)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff249/saintsalive/blinksbutton.png :)

If anyone else wants to affiliate go ahead :D

Justinth
08-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Here's my Blinks fan art :\
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/JustinzReviews/BackgroundSeaWithBlinks.png

saintsalive
08-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Here's my Blinks fan art :\
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/JustinzReviews/BackgroundSeaWithBlinks.png

Lol, cute! :D

The Bat Outta Hell
08-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Why is the title like, asking if it's a new virtual pets game?

saintsalive
08-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Why is the title like, asking if it's a new virtual pets game?

idk. It grabs your interest? lol

saintsalive
08-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Now that it's sooner, I should be able to tell you the next feature of Update 1.1 - Feeding the Blinks! Yep, this will be a big update, it will introduce naming, customizing, and feeding :D

After this is all done, what could be in store??? Who knows...

Justinth
08-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Now that it's sooner, I should be able to tell you the next feature of Update 1.1 - Feeding the Blinks! Yep, this will be a big update, it will introduce naming, customizing, and feeding :D

After this is all done, what could be in store??? Who knows...

Your not making this easy for me to wait -.-

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/JustinzReviews/BlinksApp/blinks-1.png

error
08-26-2009, 05:34 PM
are you gonna make the update episode and give them a title and when was it submitted

saintsalive
08-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Now we have two really sweet websites!

blinksapp.webs.com - mine
blinksapp.tk - pearapps'

hdgreen
08-27-2009, 09:42 AM
the second one doesnt even work and the first is just a frontpage. Theres nothing there.

Sparks
08-27-2009, 09:49 AM
the second one doesnt even work and the first is just a frontpage. Theres nothing there.
Thats the point, ;)

saintsalive
08-27-2009, 09:54 AM

sorry, blinksgame.tk

error
08-27-2009, 10:08 AM
so on twitter it says that the first update gonna have 2 seconds faster load

Justinth
08-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Thats an extra 2 seconds you have with your Blinks.. haha.

error
08-27-2009, 10:18 AM
just got a itunes card so when this hits the app store i can buy it :D

Justinth
08-27-2009, 10:24 AM
just got a itunes card so when this hits the app store i can buy it :D

Well I don't have any itunes money so...
When this hits the store your buying me a copy :\

error
08-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Is this gonna be in the games or entertainment categories

saintsalive
08-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Is this gonna be in the games or entertainment categories

Not sure. If I had sumbitted it, I would've said entertainment tho ;)

hdgreen
08-27-2009, 01:18 PM
so how much is there going to be to do in this first version?

Justinth
08-27-2009, 01:34 PM

Eh, it seems like enough... just to keep you entertained.. but im not sure.

saintsalive
08-27-2009, 04:41 PM

There are going to be a few functions in v1.0. Some examples are petting, hitting, adding and subtracting Blinks(You can call forth or send away your 4 Blinks as you please). There is also the score function, which is made up of Mean and Nice points. The more nice you do for your Blinks, you get Nice points, the more mean stuff you do, you get mean points. You can submit these scores to Feint and also tweet them to your twitter. You can change backgrounds by going to your settings app and checking under "Blinks". Also, if you can get it, toy around with the functions of your iPod Touch/iPhone and see if you can find any other surprises. ;)

saintsalive
08-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Ok, the developer is calling me a freaking stupid baby, I am worried about Blinks still existing :(

EDIT: Yep. The dev just pulled the app. If you believe he is being selfish, please respond.

error
08-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Ok, the developer is calling me a freaking stupid baby, I am worried about Blinks still existing :(

EDIT: Yep. The dev just pulled the app. If you believe he is being selfish, please respond.

why did he do that :confused:

The Bat Outta Hell
08-27-2009, 07:58 PM

I can't call him selfish with that vague story. What happened?

MetroGnome217
08-27-2009, 08:16 PM
What!!!