PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Prey Invasion Now $0.99!

diffusion8r
08-24-2009, 05:57 AM
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318267734&mt=8

Looks like a permanent price drop, so take your time. :)

Worth getting now it's bargain priced?

JCik68
08-24-2009, 06:00 AM
bought it, will post impressions later today,
also there is already little topic about prey, but there isnt much info in it:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=17537

diffusion8r
08-24-2009, 06:03 AM
Ah, cool. Didn't see the thread until now, but it's kinda small, and some people could have missed the initial drop.

Can't wait for impressions. :)

diabolus
08-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Sorry for my language, but...

Prey Invasion just SUCKS.

The graphics are so primitive that I cannot look on the screen, the sound is the worst I could imagine in a game, the control system was made by idiots.

Im honest and I just tell what I think.

Im the first in German AppStore who wrote about this game.

My review is still Number 1 there.

I became my money back from AppStore, because this game is an insult for iPhone gamers. Games like this shall not be in the AppStore.

I am fan of FPS games and I was waiting for Prey. But this is not Prey. This is bullshit.

Its my opinion.

The Bat Outta Hell
08-24-2009, 06:33 AM
Oh dang, guess I'll have to pass.

stnsn
08-24-2009, 06:38 AM
But this is not Prey. This is bullshit.

"This is Prey. This is bullshit." - fixed ;)

How can people think this could be worth more than a nickel? The original Prey was one of the weakest FPS games in the last 10 years. It was boring, it was relatively ugly, it was uninspired and the multiplayer was even worse...

How could this be any better?

JCik68
08-24-2009, 06:40 AM
lol reviews are pretty much opposing to each other... looks like IGN got some "power ups" to boost score :D
http://wireless.ign.com/articles/992/992269p1.html
http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/prey-invasion-review
http://www.iphonegamenetwork.com/prey-invasion-review
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Prey+Invasion/review.asp?c=13939
http://mobile.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r38536.htm
http://www.modojo.com/reviews/iphone/prey_invasion/20090619/883/

Hudson RL
08-24-2009, 06:53 AM
unfortunately i dont care how much the game costs, because i wont get it unless the controls are fixed, same goes with duke nukem...:(

Masmo
08-24-2009, 07:04 AM
I felt Prey sucked as well. Was boring and graphics were not that great.(aka pretty bad) The controls were bad and the story was uninteresting. I didn't refund in hope to get better games as they had a good idea but was poorly executed. Unfortunately, I was wrong. They never updated it and Duke Nukem has bad controls as well, though I heard they will be fixed in an update.

shawn_10
08-24-2009, 09:20 AM

haha +1 totally agree

sizzlakalonji
08-24-2009, 09:23 AM
The controls weren't optimal for sure, but this game gets too bad a rap here. I enjoyed it...my biggest complaint was the length. It was WAY too short. It needed to be at least twice the length.

nodoctors
08-24-2009, 09:30 AM

How can people think this could be worth more than a nickel? The original Prey was one of the weakest FPS games in the last 10 years. It was boring, it was relatively ugly, it was uninspired and the multiplayer was even worse...

How could this be any better?

i haven't played the iphone one yet(i'll bite for a dollar), but the original prey was one of the better single player fps i've played in the last decade. i don't know what computer you were playing it on, but the graphics were fantastic for its time, and i find it funny that you find the gravity pad mind-funk spirit walking native american badass killer in space game to be uninspired, but whatever. i had a lot more fun with it than doom 3 to say the least.

squarezero
08-24-2009, 09:58 AM
i haven't played the iphone one yet(i'll bite for a dollar), but the original prey was one of the better single player fps i've played in the last decade. i don't know what computer you were playing it on, but the graphics were fantastic for its time, and i find it funny that you find the gravity pad mind-funk spirit walking native american badass killer in space game to be uninspired, but whatever. i had a lot more fun with it than doom 3 to say the least.
Wholeheartedly agree. I also liked it better than Quake 4, which came out around the same time.

jmmsmth
08-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Wholeheartedly agree. I also liked it better than Quake 4, which came out around the same time.

yeah quake 4 was better

JCik68
08-24-2009, 10:26 AM
just played it for a while... same control scheme as Duke Nukem, but at least Digital Controls are responsive and game is playable, you can switch off auto center - there are NO problems like they are in Duke 3D (check this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=iURAvQ1hA8c ) - still you can find better control schemes out there in other games, but you wont be tortured while playing Prey

going to play more, will post info later

nippyjun
08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
just played it for a while... same control scheme as Duke Nukem, but at least Digital Controls are responsive and game is playable, you can switch off auto center - there are NO problems like they are in Duke 3D (check this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=iURAvQ1hA8c ) - still you can find better control schemes out there in other games, but you wont be tortured while playing Prey

going to play more, will post info later

The Duke digital controls work well.

NomaD
08-24-2009, 12:01 PM
i tried this game... i hated it :(

JCik68
08-24-2009, 12:05 PM
The Duke digital controls work well.
my bad, I meant analog... digital are "breakneck" but they works good in both games... I prefer analog ones and I had problems with them as shown on that video

CaptnWildstar
08-24-2009, 12:14 PM
The analog controls in prey are less glicthy than duke nukem. just cut of the strafe.

CaptnWildstar
08-24-2009, 12:16 PM
hopefully they update prey controls when they update duke nukem.

jmmsmth
08-24-2009, 12:17 PM
The analog controls in prey are less glicthy than duke nukem. just cut of the strafe.

yeah but thats not enough to make it a good game... altho now, at its current price i cant say its that bad

Der-Kleine
08-24-2009, 12:44 PM
But the complaints about the graphics I don't get at all. Sure the enemy character graphics aren't all that great looking, but the stage/background art is pretty stellar. It's actually probably the best looking FPS on the platform so far. It ain't Cube...but unlike Cube it actually runs at a good framerate so all around it's better looking and running. Probably Hill Billy looks a tad bit better...but Hill Billy plays in smaller rooms/levels than this game. And nobody better bring up DOOM Resurrection. That's a rail shooter, not an FPS, so comparisons wouldn't be fair. Prey Invasion's graphics kinda remind me of Moon or Metroid Prime: Hunters on the DS...only a tad bit cleaner.

Doom Resurrectio has waaay better graphics! (Yes, I read all of your post!)

And you should learn what FPS means!
First Person Shooter!
It doesen't say anything about being on rails!

jmmsmth
08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
And nobody better bring up DOOM Resurrection. That's a rail shooter, not an FPS, so comparisons wouldn't be fair.

dude... their both FPS, on-rails or not doesnt matter

Ryan el champ
08-24-2009, 12:49 PM

I haven't played the iPhone version either but prey for the 360 was a great game and I'm eagerly waiting for prey 2.

sizzlakalonji
08-24-2009, 01:02 PM

First Person Shooter!
It doesen't say anything about being on rails!

Don't get that guy started or else he'll come back with a 2000 word manifesto including charts and graphs over why a game is or isn't a FPS. I agree that D:R has highly superior graphics. After the update, I believe it's the best game in the app store rails or no rails.

Theta-Omega
08-24-2009, 02:12 PM

First Person Shooter!
It doesen't say anything about being on rails!Well, i agree with you. And call it whatever you want, technical terms don't really matter! But we should probably hide before the one comes.

jonathan likes iphone
08-24-2009, 02:17 PM
I don't think the controls are bad at all, but the game is very boring. The locations and paths, the enemies, all boring.

GregB
09-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Possible spoiler!!!

I flipped the three switches to show the girl out the window and got in game messages about the bridge.

Where is the darn thing??? Help please!

GregB
09-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Ok. Worked it out and finished the game. Two to three hrs total but a good bit of that was just figuring out what to do next. If you are hurting for an fps you could do worse esp $.99. I will replay this since I like easier games.

yourofl10
09-27-2009, 02:51 PM
it was not worth the $2.99, free for 99cents is what it should of been the whole time

GregB
09-28-2009, 07:59 AM
@spoiler alert@

I finished the game once and somehow got the severed hand to open the door near the end of the game. I have no idea how I got the hand and now cannot find/get it on my second run through.

Anyone know?

drwcomics
01-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Sorry to resurrect a super old thread, but this game was recently removed from the US App Store...I was planning on buying it, which I now cannot do....Does anybody know why the game was removed?