PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Castle Warriors - special 'crazy Friday' intro price $0.99

etoiles
09-18-2009, 02:18 PM
3obrfOWsuvE

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=330855673&mt=8

Fudgeboy
09-18-2009, 02:20 PM
May pick this up, ill wait for impressions, might TOFTT later, MIGHT

zztfox
I think my ipod just fried, due to all the games that have come out in the last 24 hours!!!

upsidedown
Seriously, apple, you stink.

jecebn
09-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Buying this now

The $50 iTunes gift card I bought on Wednesday is nearly gone :(

nodoctors
09-18-2009, 02:24 PM
finally! bought.

lacedolphin
09-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Very cute video

Squeaker
09-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Not available in Singapore. (yet?)
At this super sonic rate the games are churning out, I think the front page is having a hard time keeping up :p

upsidedown
09-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Not available in Singapore. (yet?)
At this super sonic rate the games are churning out, I think the front page is having a hard time keeping up :p

Yeah, I think the site is gonna crash and burn:D

kazcat42
09-18-2009, 02:31 PM
God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman anyone? Anyways I think I will have to pick this one up when I get my card today...

'Jeep
09-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Brilliant video! This has to be the busiest week since the launch of the appstore, it's ridiculous! :D

Danzach
09-18-2009, 02:39 PM
My wife is going to freakin kill me! Sooo many great games... Buying now!

Devilishly Good
09-18-2009, 02:41 PM
ok, early purchasers, come back and give us your impressions for those stuck at work

jecebn
09-18-2009, 02:45 PM
ok, early purchasers, come back and give us your impressions for those stuck at work

Will do, might be awhile before I get to play it though (considering the fact that I've bought 10 games over the last 24 hours)

Big Albie
09-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Will do, might be awhile before I get to play it though (considering the fact that I've bought 10 games over the last 24 hours)

Seriously, my backlog is continuing to grow especially since I just added CW to the list.

jecebn
09-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Seriously, my backlog is continuing to grow especially since I just added CW to the list.

It's almost like Apple just said "F*** it" and approved everything that has been submitted :D

GodSon
09-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Looks like another one I will cop! Good ol' apple... :rolleyes:

Carlos-Sz
09-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Brilliant video! This has to be the busiest week since the launch of the appstore, it's ridiculous! :D

I agree, the video is great!

It's almost like Apple just said "F*** it" and approved everything that has been submitted :D

I think they actually did that. :D

By the way, I'll probably purchase this game but it looks like a very polished 3D Galcon alike game.

stuffradio
09-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Game looks good, I purchased it and I'll let you know what I think of it.

Wonder if Multiplayer will be in the works? :P

Fudgeboy
09-18-2009, 03:16 PM
If the devs can confirm this, wow. :D

stuffradio
09-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Tried it for around 30 minutes it's pretty responsive on my 3G :)

Think tower defense on a 3D level and think about games like Age of Empires/C&C. It's pretty good all in all, not sure what tower upgrades do yet... but I definitely want multiplayer :P

Devilishly Good
09-18-2009, 03:38 PM

Think tower defense on a 3D level and think about games like Age of Empires/C&C. It's pretty good all in all, not sure what tower upgrades do yet... but I definitely want multiplayer :P

does the game include any kind of quirky humor like seen in the teaser video?

stuffradio
09-18-2009, 03:41 PM
does the game include any kind of quirky humor like seen in the teaser video?

Kind of in the scrolls describing the levels, but not so much yet. Maybe further in the storyline?

Fudgeboy
09-18-2009, 03:47 PM
I have got galcon, didnt like it. Should i get this?

stuffradio
09-18-2009, 03:49 PM
I have got galcon, didnt like it. Should i get this?

Haven't played Galcon so I can't tell you. I guess since it's only 99 cents, why not? :)

Mag
09-18-2009, 03:52 PM

This game doesnt have multiplayer? Did the dev say it will be added later? Cause if it wont be added I'll stick with Galcon

jasonsmith
09-18-2009, 03:52 PM
I know it's only been an hour and a half but could someone post a review if possible...

jasonsmith
09-18-2009, 03:55 PM
This is like Galcon as Star Defense is to Mars Defense correct. A 3d implementation of Galcon with the same game play mechanics... that's what I see from the video anyway.

Fudgeboy
09-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Man, this is so tempting! is it that good if you didnt like galcon? can anybody try to get the dev on TA btw?

njedi
09-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Purchased, I like the art style in the screenshots, reminds me of Warhammer.

ericxd
09-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Its Galcon concept but alot nicer...If i hated Glacon is this still for me?

dominator246
09-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Yes this is still for you, love this game. Only played first 3 missions but yeah. Hope there's archers or cavalry or something in a future update...

Fudgeboy
09-18-2009, 04:21 PM

I need to know this as well. The art looks awesome but galcon bored me.:confused:

DotComCTO
09-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Yep. In agreement with what everyone else is seeing...this looks like Galcon mapped to a sphere. Neat idea. I liked Galcon, but it hasn't held my attention; there are just too many games that are more engaging for me. I'll wait for the reviews.

:cool:

--DotComCTO

njedi
09-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Plays nice, but I wish there was a numerical indication of how many men are attacking a castle. Only the number of defenders is listed.

dominator246
09-18-2009, 05:56 PM
etoiles do you have any future updates planned out for this game? Been playing it all day and love it

eugekava
09-18-2009, 06:05 PM
I got this game as soon as I saw that it was out. I love Galcon, so this one was going to be an insta buy. After playing for 30 min or so, I have to say that I am very impressed. The attention to detail is simply amazing from menus to UI to actual battlefield. I can see myself spending a lot of time with this. The humour in this game is also something worth mentioning. If you are interested even remotely in strategy games, you have to buy this. For $0.99 its one of the best deals I've seen.

Plays nice, but I wish there was a numerical indication of how many men are attacking a castle. Only the number of defenders is listed.

I saw that too. It hasn't bothered me yet. But it would be handy to know the number in the mob hurtling towards the enemy castle, so that you don't have to do the calculations in your head.

Overall I give it 5/5! Will post a review in App store.

pluto6
09-18-2009, 06:14 PM
I got this game as soon as I saw that it was out. I love Galcon, so this one was going to be an insta buy. After playing for 30 min or so, I have to say that I am very impressed. The attention to detail is simply amazing from menus to UI to actual battlefield. I can see myself spending a lot of time with this. The humour in this game is also something worth mentioning. If you are interested even remotely in strategy games, you have to buy this. For $0.99 its one of the best deals I've seen.

I saw that too. It hasn't bothered me yet. But it would be handy to know the number in the mob hurtling towards the enemy castle, so that you don't have to do the calculations in your head.

Overall I give it 5/5! Will post a review in App store.

Thanks for the impressions - the prior 3 pages were musings on whether to buy or not. I remember the app from upcoming forum, and some of the discussion that went on and so was insta buy for me too - I just have not had time to play - I have been sorting through the all the new and updated things out today.

etoiles
09-18-2009, 06:30 PM
etoiles do you have any future updates planned out for this game? Been playing it all day and love it

...what I can tell you is that we are definitely taking note of all the feedback ;), so keep it coming!
thanks

eugekava
09-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the impressions - the prior 3 pages were musings on whether to buy or not. I remember the app from upcoming forum, and some of the discussion that went on and so was insta buy for me too - I just have not had time to play - I have been sorting through the all the new and updated things out today.

There were so many games and updates released in the last two days, I can't blame people for having a sensory overload, but considering the quality and the low introductory price, no reason not to buy now and play later. I have been sorting through updates too. 7 in one morning.

...what I can tell you is that we are definitely taking note of all the feedback , so keep it coming!
thanks

You can count on it. :)

ezone
09-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Congrats on the release!!! Bought!!

drach
09-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Hmmm...I'm curious with the comparison to Galcon. Might this be a Knights Onrush:Stickwars as Castle Warriors:Galcon?

eugekava
09-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Hmmm...I'm curious with the comparison to Galcon. Might this be a Knights Onrush:Stickwars as Castle Warriors:Galcon?

Its very similar to Galcon as far as type of game goes, but has enough features, character and style to stand apart. it actually has a story and a campaign as well.

jchampl
09-18-2009, 08:37 PM
has there been anything from gameresort that hasn't been great?

one of the best in the biz. updated biplane with another level out of nowhere awhile back, added special levels for downhill bowling and only release quality games. DHB has remained a fav since the day it was released, not many games from back then are still on my ipod however it is, so it biplane, I expect nothing different from this game, I will be picking it up later tonight!

SSquared
09-18-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm still not sure what this game is about. Is it an RTS? Tower Defense? Mixture? Neither? Most of the thread discusses its similarity to Galcon, but I have not played that. I ended up reading a review on Galcon to get some type of understanding.

What happens once you complete the 12 levels. Any reason to replay the levels? Can you play them like a skirmish mode?

Thanks. I'm tempted at this point. I remember when this first was in the "Upcoming Games" section. I really love the trailer. If the trailer is any indication of the humor, fun, and cleverness of the game, I'm sold. It kind of reminds me of a game called Kingmania.

skyye06
09-18-2009, 08:52 PM
have you tried ant wars its similar...but if your still not sure why dont you try the lite for galcon

drach
09-18-2009, 08:58 PM
All right, I'm in. A nice graphical Galcon for 99 cents? I'll try it out.

h1976
09-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Game needs a zoom out feature.

At this angle clicking the different castle is a chore and at a game with this fast pace having to scroll all the way back for reinforcements and sending them up front again = frustration.

Graphics nice though only control needs work

Comercial9
09-18-2009, 10:41 PM
I really love this game! I tend to hate all RTS games, but this one is simple enough, yet still surprisingly deep enough to be fun and not infuriating. Great deal at only a dollar. Much better than any RTS I have ever played, and story is amusing. Great work! :D

tsangwailam
09-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Seem the game not available in all country. Really want to get it.

Will it be available in other country soon...:confused:

Rozzie
09-18-2009, 11:59 PM
i was going to have to buy a $20 itunes card 24 hours ago... now i think i'll need a $50 to cover the new awesome looking games!

rozzie

renton
09-19-2009, 01:43 AM
great game! love it... it's hard, just enough... but fun as hell..

i posted a message for you on your 'name page' that goes into greater detail than what i posted below... but its the same message.

to reitierate, i think adding a few more classes of hero's or evil's, would greatly enhance the game..

like archers that you can put near castles to help protect them, or wizards that can kill with lightning from their staff's.

of course only a certain amount can be on screen on at once, and also it's up to how many knights you have in a castle..

great game!!

SSquared
09-19-2009, 01:51 AM
have you tried ant wars its similar...but if your still not sure why dont you try the lite for galcon

Haven't played Ant Wars either, although it did look interesting.

I typically don't buy games when they first come out, but I ended up just getting "Castle Warriors". I haven't played it yet, though. But it really looks kinda like King Mania (http://kingmania.300ad.com/) where you send off a certain percentage of fighters from your castle to attack the enemy. And you can upgrade your defenses, towers, etc. I quite enjoyed that game. Can't wait to give this one a try.

dk79
09-19-2009, 05:53 AM
This game is really good!!
Especially for 0,79€!!
I agree that somehow you need to be able to pick castles in an instant rather than having to scroll back and forth but since the maps are small this isn't so far a huge issue.

The only other thing is that needs solving, is the fact that you can pick a castle by mistake and transfer armies that you don't really want, somewhere else.

I also would prefer to have some fixed icons for the amount of soldier transportation. "transfer half" "transfer most", "transfer all".

But all in all really nice.
A 2 player game would be awesome!!

Fudgeboy
09-19-2009, 05:56 AM
Im too weak...... the buy button is too tempting...b..o..u..g..h..t...

ataloss
09-19-2009, 08:06 AM
...what I can tell you is that we are definitely taking note of all the feedback ;), so keep it coming!
thanks

Would love to give feedback but it's still not out in some stores such as China and Taiwan... :mad:

...I kinda worried that the sale will be over before it's out internationally... can the developer confirm whether this will be the case or not? :confused:

dominator246
09-19-2009, 12:07 PM
I love this game and I see huge potential as far as updates are concerned for this game. I like it more than Galcon :)

The ability to pick a castle instead of scrolling back to it (not a big deal)
more unit types such as archers, cavalry
siege weapons such as catapults
The ability to purchase different units from your castle
Skirmish mode, that's the big one.
Skirmish with more than one enemy to fight at a time, maybe 4 vs. 4
Skirmish mode with multiple enemies, free for all mode maybe?
Beast riders for the orcs
If there's ever a skirmish, selection of different places to play (grasslands, mountains, glaciers, badlands, desert, etc.)

That's all :) lol

lildragon
09-19-2009, 12:14 PM
I have to say, because of that whimsical video, I had to support this game... very nice animation sir... bought :)

~t

Fudgeboy
09-19-2009, 01:14 PM

a 100% yes. I hated galcon and LOVE this game. I would like a endless mode though... devs? But yeah 59p this is absolutely amazing

puppyjoe
09-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Wow!
Very cute video:)

lildragon
09-19-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm not really one to get into RTS games much, but this game is a must even if you think you won't enjoy the genre. Definitely a new favorite for me. The only qualms I have is that scrolling around the environment isn't as responsive as I would like. Other than that, I'm really enjoying the story and gameplay. Kudos

~t

nippyjun
09-19-2009, 01:52 PM
It's a pretty simple game that is fun. I would like to see user controlled upgrades to the castles.

drach
09-19-2009, 02:12 PM
I almost hate to bring up the analogy, but I think this is more Galcon with Star Defense type of graphics. I did not like Star Defense that much. For some reason, though, the 3-D terrain and graphics work better for me in a Galcon like setting than with a TD game.

SSquared
09-19-2009, 02:58 PM
I enjoyed the first level of the game (all I've played so far) and am very glad I purchased it. That said, it is a rather watered-down version of the game I earlier mentioned (KingMania (http://kingmania.300ad.com/)). So, knowing the potential of the game, I can't get beyond the limitations in its present form. A big benefit to the game would be nippyjun's suggestion of user controlled castle upgrades.

And I totally agree with dominator246's suggestions. I would like those as well. My favorites are more units and skirmish mode.

Don't get me wrong, though. I did enjoy what I played so far. It's a great start and quite fun even in its current release. Definitely worth it and a good to add to my collection. It also lends itself to playing a quick turn if you have a quick minute or two.

Masmo
09-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Ah, finally available in my app store and it should be the same for everyone else. Just bought it, Apple is very unusual today, they release so many apps but some of them are delayed for other countries.

dominator246
09-19-2009, 03:40 PM
I can't find any negatives about this game, only things that can be added :) That's a HUGE plus for GameResort

Kunning
09-19-2009, 04:46 PM
To sum this game up in one word: AWESOME. Much better than Galcon, feels like you're really IN the battle instead of commanding little triangles all around. Anyways, I would REALLY like to see a skirmish mode. Maybe in an update, developers?

ericxd
09-19-2009, 06:32 PM
How do OP know it's on sale, it doesnt say anything about it in the APP description?

zlibd
09-19-2009, 06:34 PM
How do OP know it's on sale, it doesnt say anything about it in the APP description?

theyre the developer i believe

etoiles
09-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments and feedback!

Glad the game is finally showing up in all the app stores, and we are definitely writing down all your suggestions. We can't commit to anything specific right now (we also need to finish another project to pay the bills, so time is limited), but as jchampl already kindly mentioned it in his post, we did publish content updates for our previous games, especially the more popular ones. So you know what to do... ;)

Regarding price: rather than starting off with a high price at launch, and using a price-drop to continue to boost sales over time, we decided to reward the early adopters and only increase the price after a few days. It might not be the smartest thing to do to move up in the charts, but it seems wrong to 'punish' all of you for having a passion for new games and really driving this market. Hopefully it will all work out :)

cheers,
-marc

ericxd
09-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments and feedback!

Glad the game is finally showing up in all the app stores, and we are definitely writing down all your suggestions. We can't commit to anything specific right now (we also need to finish another project to pay the bills, so time is limited), but as jchampl already kindly mentioned it in his post, we did publish content updates for our previous games, especially the more popular ones. So you know what to do... ;)

Regarding price: rather than starting off with a high price at launch, and using a price-drop to continue to boost sales over time, we decided to reward the early adopters and only increase the price after a few days. It might not be the smartest thing to do to move up in the charts, but it seems wrong to 'punish' all of you for having a passion for new games and really driving this market. Hopefully it will all work out :)

cheers,
-marc

That's a weird way of seeing it. Saying 'Special Launch Price' is the way to go IMO. For example, a consumer like me would think that since there are many good games out in the market for the last few days, there are many choices.

Being a smart buyer, I would most likely consider the games that are currently at special discount before the price goes up (ie. Faceoff3D). Even though your game looks very good, it's only 99 cents with no 'special offer' in effect. Thus, that will have me thinking that it'll be 99 cents for long while and therefore, I can just get it later when there are more positive reviews or even when it makes it to Top100 Paid Apps IF it does.

TKO
09-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh man .. I just clicked buy. I'm gonna be so poor at the end of this weekend. But I won't be bored. :D hehe. Love that whole dawn to dusk mechanic - am curious how that works in the game.

etoiles
09-19-2009, 09:36 PM
That's a weird way of seeing it. Saying 'Special Launch Price' is the way to go IMO. For example, a consumer like me would think that since there are many good games out in the market for the last few days, there are many choices.

Being a smart buyer, I would most likely consider the games that are currently at special discount before the price goes up (ie. Faceoff3D). Even though your game looks very good, it's only 99 cents with no 'special offer' in effect. Thus, that will have me thinking that it'll be 99 cents for long while and therefore, I can just get it later when there are more positive reviews or even when it makes it to Top100 Paid Apps IF it does.

That makes sense, I added 'SPECIAL LAUNCH PRICE' text to app description - which hopefully will show up in the app store before we change the price. :rolleyes:

And now go out and buy the game because it will change soon :D

skyye06
09-19-2009, 09:40 PM
That makes sense, I added 'SPECIAL LAUNCH PRICE' text to app description - which hopefully will show up in the app store before we change the price. :rolleyes:

And now go out and buy the game because it will change soon :D

just my opinion but I find it more effective when you have the date(of sale ending) set in the appstore as I tend to buy the one with the date for i believe the others could last longer.

Big Albie
09-19-2009, 09:53 PM
With all the new game releases over the past few days, one game that is surprisingly good and shouldn’t be ignored is Castle Warriors. Maybe I shouldn’t be so surprised since I’ve been a fan of the developer GameResort since Biplane. The game doesn’t thrive on overwhelming graphics or complex award systems. And, yet, the game is as engaging and challenging as any hyped or big title game out there.

The best way to think of Castle Warriors is as a hybrid that takes the visuals of ngmoco’s Star Defense and blends it with the real-time strategy in Phil Hassey’s Galcon. And, that’s how you get this maniacally entertaining and immersive offspring. In each battle, a timetable exists in which to accomplish your mission. Fail that, you fail the queen, and wind up living in orc city.

Presented in a series of letters between you and Queen Mynera, the storyline involves a kingdom under a cloud of darkness as evil foes plunder the land. You command an army of warriors, warlords and giants in the war against an overgrown gang of orcs, trolls, ogres and demons who are just as conniving and intelligent as you are. The objective is simple: prevent the enemy conquest of the land by strategically moving troops into battle areas, while at the same time ensuring you have enough troops to survive.

With 3 levels of difficulty—easy, normal and hard—you’ll do battle through 12 maps in a single-player campaign. The maps themselves look amazing, and each has physical geographic features that can both hinder and help depending on how wise you are.

On each map, a series of towers exist with the base of operations for each side initially located on opposing sides towards the back. Castles in your control bear a blue flag while those of the enemy have a red one. Each flag shows the number of troops stationed there. Empty castles do not have flags and are usually ripe for the picking although moderation is a good idea. A mini-map in the upper left corner shows the location of castles and is color-coded accordingly.

The game controls are simple and responsive. As in Star Defense, you can view the area by dragging the screen, although there is an occasional lag especially during multiple battles.. To move troops, you tap on the castle where the troops are located, and then tap on the destination of the other castle. The game does a terrific job of showing troop movements and skirmishes which often happen when opposing forces cross each other in the field. As for selecting the amount of troops, Castle Warriors provides some generic options which you can click through fairly quickly (e.g. move some, move half, move more than half).

The element of time really adds to the challenge of this game. Along the top of the screen is a sliding gauge that monitors time from dawn to dusk. As the day progresses, the visuals in the game also visibly change. Since battles can only take place during the day, and you have a limited number of days to complete your mission, the onus is on you to plan ahead. Keep in mind that the farther away troops have to travel, the more impact time will play since they have a greater distance to cover.

When attacks occur on your castles, an event tab appears at the bottom of the screen identifying the castle in distress. Simply tap on the event tab and you’re automatically taken over to the castle. As you conquer castles and the days pass, additional troop deployments are made available since you’ll lose a fair amount of troops in battle. And, castles also physically upgrade at the end of the day to provide additional defenses and capabilities. Of course, this is also the case for enemy forces.

The gameplay requires quick thinking and even faster actions since you’ll often find yourself defending your own castles against marauding enemies. The strategy is to deploy troops in order to maintain a stronghold before trying to conquer too many towers which will thin out your troops. The best part of the game is the skirmishes which unfortunately are not something you can reliably plan. Visibly, it’s rather entertaining to watch with blood and accompanying sound effects. Hopefully additional updates add a skirmish mode which would only add to the replayability of this terrific game.

GameResort has developed a complete game in Castle Warriors that should appeal to strategy gamers of all levels. It’s one of the better games in delivering an immersive experience that only makes you want to play just one more time.

Albie Meter: 4.5 Stars (terrific strategy game that doesn’t overwhelm you with complexity; engaging gameplay, great visuals and quirky medieval humor)

SSquared
09-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I had assumed it was a Friday-only sale, based on the TA Thread heading, but the AppStore made no mention of the sale. It was a bit confusing. In any case, I'm glad I got it. Even though I tend not to buy games in their first few days of release, I actually like the 'early adopter' approach.

Regarding someone's question about dawn to dusk: Each level of the game needs to be completed within a certain number of days. So dawn/dusk makes up the game's day. At the end of each day your points are tallied and you see how many reinforcements will become available during your next day of battle. The landscape may also change colors based on the time of day. Saving is also performed only at the end of each day. You can't save mid-battle.

dominator246
09-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Very well put Albie.

Can't wait for updates for the game

Lord Faucon
09-19-2009, 10:25 PM
How about the implementation of forests? The environment seems barren without any trees. Maybe they could have an effect on gameplay, e.g. slowing down troops?

etoiles
09-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Sorry about the sale confusion... when it comes to marketing, we are pretty much flying by the seat of our pants. Friday was a crazy day to have your app released, so I just picked up on it when naming this thread...

Big_Albie, you rock! :)

etoiles
09-19-2009, 10:32 PM
How about the implementation of forests? The environment seems barren without any trees. Maybe they could have an effect on gameplay, e.g. slowing down troops?

Path-finding was a bit tricky to implement, so we avoided too many extra objects in the scene. But I like the idea of different terrains that affect troops...

Lord Faucon
09-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Path-finding was a bit tricky to implement, so we avoided too many extra objects in the scene. But I like the idea of different terrains that affect troops...

Yeah, it would be excellent to see different types of terrain in future updates. But other than that, the game is amazing, especially the overall presentation and polish! I love the music on the main menu, and the menus themselves.

Xood
09-20-2009, 04:15 AM
I bought the games based on the RTS word used in the description.
But its far from an RTS of course. (Galcon on a 3D ball)
(RTS I would assume having more control, upgrade myself, build new units, etc.)

I would wish for being able to play in a flat top down view with zoom in/out capabilities. This would allow for faster navigation and better overview.
In the end the AI has a huge advantage of not been handicapped by the need to scroll around.

As for trees or other objects, I believe they would limit the view even more. But Maybe some texture varieties would already help to make it look good. IMO, it looks great as it is.

I would love to see the ability to upgrade certain towers yourself. Or set a new HQ for the reinforcements. Or something that allows the human brain to influence the game between the night/day cycles.

Fudgeboy
09-20-2009, 01:15 PM
This game is a must buy for anyone, anywhere. I hated galcon and love this. I would still like endless mode though. Devs?

skyye06
09-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Toooot...in front page with BA's review

http://toucharcade.com/2009/09/20/castle-warriors-star-defense-meets-galcon/

New England Gamer
09-20-2009, 08:11 PM
I was waiting for this game and totally grabbed this on launch. I love the game. One thing that gets a little tricky for me is the troop allocation. When scrolling I might accidently hit another castle and then waste time getting them to their intended location. So maybe have the ability to change troop direction en route or a better mechanism to change them. I find when I change "all of" "some of" "half of" bars I might hit a castle by mistake and then I go to the castle I THOUGHT I sent them to and wait and wait and then have to find where I sent them.

My only gripe about the game - otherwise having a LOT of fun with it and love the graphics and all. (though the round surface took a bit getting used to)

VideoGuyMan7
09-20-2009, 09:34 PM
i just bought it...i havent spent money on an app for like a month until now. lets see if its good. congrats devs on getting my money. :D

mrbass
09-20-2009, 09:49 PM
This game is a must buy for anyone, anywhere. I hated galcon and love this.

alright going bankrupt as I type. I'll pick this one up based on that. I thought Galcon was ok but not great and if you like this then I'm sure I will too. Sounds like a tad more strategy could be implemented to increase it's addictive nature.

jasonsmith
09-20-2009, 10:02 PM
All this price increase, get it now talk has made me buy now. Thanks a lot people. I agree with sky though and think a date is great for people to plan. Anyways, great looking game, will play it later.

Rad
09-20-2009, 11:02 PM
With all the new game releases over the past few days, one game that is surprisingly good and shouldn’t be ignored is Castle Warriors. Maybe I shouldn’t be so surprised since I’ve been a fan of the developer GameResort since Biplane. The game doesn’t thrive on overwhelming graphics or complex award systems. And, yet, the game is as engaging and challenging as any hyped or big title game out there.

The best way to think of Castle Warriors is as a hybrid that takes the visuals of ngmoco’s Star Defense and blends it with the real-time strategy in Phil Hassey’s Galcon. And, that’s how you get this maniacally entertaining and immersive offspring. In each battle, a timetable exists in which to accomplish your mission. Fail that, you fail the queen, and wind up living in orc city.

Presented in a series of letters between you and Queen Mynera, the storyline involves a kingdom under a cloud of darkness as evil foes plunder the land. You command an army of warriors, warlords and giants in the war against an overgrown gang of orcs, trolls, ogres and demons who are just as conniving and intelligent as you are. The objective is simple: prevent the enemy conquest of the land by strategically moving troops into battle areas, while at the same time ensuring you have enough troops to survive.

With 3 levels of difficulty—easy, normal and hard—you’ll do battle through 12 maps in a single-player campaign. The maps themselves look amazing, and each has physical geographic features that can both hinder and help depending on how wise you are.

On each map, a series of towers exist with the base of operations for each side initially located on opposing sides towards the back. Castles in your control bear a blue flag while those of the enemy have a red one. Each flag shows the number of troops stationed there. Empty castles do not have flags and are usually ripe for the picking although moderation is a good idea. A mini-map in the upper left corner shows the location of castles and is color-coded accordingly.

The game controls are simple and responsive. As in Star Defense, you can view the area by dragging the screen, although there is an occasional lag especially during multiple battles.. To move troops, you tap on the castle where the troops are located, and then tap on the destination of the other castle. The game does a terrific job of showing troop movements and skirmishes which often happen when opposing forces cross each other in the field. As for selecting the amount of troops, Castle Warriors provides some generic options which you can click through fairly quickly (e.g. move some, move half, move more than half).

The element of time really adds to the challenge of this game. Along the top of the screen is a sliding gauge that monitors time from dawn to dusk. As the day progresses, the visuals in the game also visibly change. Since battles can only take place during the day, and you have a limited number of days to complete your mission, the onus is on you to plan ahead. Keep in mind that the farther away troops have to travel, the more impact time will play since they have a greater distance to cover.

When attacks occur on your castles, an event tab appears at the bottom of the screen identifying the castle in distress. Simply tap on the event tab and you’re automatically taken over to the castle. As you conquer castles and the days pass, additional troop deployments are made available since you’ll lose a fair amount of troops in battle. And, castles also physically upgrade at the end of the day to provide additional defenses and capabilities. Of course, this is also the case for enemy forces.

The gameplay requires quick thinking and even faster actions since you’ll often find yourself defending your own castles against marauding enemies. The strategy is to deploy troops in order to maintain a stronghold before trying to conquer too many towers which will thin out your troops. The best part of the game is the skirmishes which unfortunately are not something you can reliably plan. Visibly, it’s rather entertaining to watch with blood and accompanying sound effects. Hopefully additional updates add a skirmish mode which would only add to the replayability of this terrific game.

GameResort has developed a complete game in Castle Warriors that should appeal to strategy gamers of all levels. It’s one of the better games in delivering an immersive experience that only makes you want to play just one more time.

Albie Meter: 4.5 Stars (terrific strategy game that doesn’t overwhelm you with complexity; engaging gameplay, great visuals and quirky medieval humor)

Albie says 4.5 stars; Bought !

Nausicaa
09-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Castle Warriors is really really awesome! Basically just like Galcon, but with the feel of a mini "Total War" game. I also like that the extra troops are only allocated at the end of each day. It makes the the battles more intense as your troop levels dwindle down - especially with an enemy horde marching on the horizon. Another unique aspect of this game is that groups of enemies that cross your army's path engage in battle right then and there (unlike Galcon where everyone makes it to their destination).

The gameplay is bundled up in quite the polished little package. I think telling the story through letters is a really fresh idea, and the writing is all pretty funny and well done - something rare for an iPhone game. The interface is well designed and clutter free, with a nice medieval art style. And the animated menus are really a nice touch, especially the scroll that unfolds at the end of each day of battle.

Visually everything is a pleasure to look at. The battlefield scrolls very smoothly, and I love the look of the animated sprites. One thing I would like to see in an update would be the ability to pinch zoom in and out a little bit.

I took advantage of the $.99 sale, but I would not feel cheated at $3. Definitely a fun game everyone should check out, and a fresh take on the 'speed Risk' genre. Very polished experience.

Shumby
09-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Castle Warriors is really really awesome! Basically just like Galcon, but with the feel of a mini "Total War" game. I also like that the extra troops are only allocated at the end of each day. It makes the the battles more intense as your troop levels dwindle down - especially with an enemy horde marching on the horizon. Another unique aspect of this game is that groups of enemies that cross your army's path engage in battle right then and there (unlike Galcon where everyone makes it to their destination).

The gameplay is bundled up in quite the polished little package. I think telling the story through letters is a really fresh idea, and the writing is all pretty funny and well done - something rare for an iPhone game. The interface is well designed and clutter free, with a nice medieval art style. And the animated menus are really a nice touch, especially the scroll that unfolds at the end of each day of battle.

Visually everything is a pleasure to look at. The battlefield scrolls very smoothly, and I love the look of the animated sprites. One thing I would like to see in an update would be the ability to pinch zoom in and out a little bit.

I took advantage of the $.99 sale, but I would not feel cheated at $3. Definitely a fun game everyone should check out, and a fresh take on the 'speed Risk' genre. Very polished experience.

I own Galcon... feel like this is another dollar for the same gameplay. But... you're pretty convincing here.

Fudgeboy
09-21-2009, 11:45 AM
I own Galcon... feel like this is another dollar for the same gameplay. But... you're pretty convincing here.

Its not! I hated Galcon and love this, so this shows that they are very different and Castle Warriors is far superior. Buy it now!

Extol
09-21-2009, 11:45 AM
i never been a very big risk type game fan. But for some reason i can't stop playing this game. Its fun, Its fast, It plays so good.. Really a great game i see staying on my phone for a very long time.

Nausicaa
09-21-2009, 12:02 PM

It's basically the same concept, but I feel like there's much more of a game built around it in CW compared with Galcon. The battles last longer, and it feels much more strategic (especially since later maps have lagoons and other obstacles). The emphasis in Galcon seems to be the rapid pace - games never last more than a minute or so. I prefer Castle Warriors, personally.

EDIT: One more change from Galcon is that you have the ability to scale how many troops you want to send away from a castle. There are options for "send some of", "send half of", and "send all of". Adds another layer of strategy.

Chapperz :D
09-21-2009, 12:25 PM
can we have the option of having recruitments sent and being able to train soldiers at castles?

9000bcgame
09-21-2009, 12:30 PM
I think this game may be able to go to TOP 10!!!!

I really really like it :>
I love the 3D graphic and the way to navigate. It's just awesome!

I hope I can make such a great game some day!

Fudgeboy
09-21-2009, 12:41 PM
I think this game may be able to go to TOP 10!!!!

I really really like it :>
I love the 3D graphic and the way to navigate. It's just awesome!

I hope I can make such a great game some day!

You already have with 9000BC :). At least most of america think so :D. etoile, you should be proud of this game. it is awesome!

mrbass
09-21-2009, 01:02 PM
I did get a chance to play it made it through 4 or 5 levels. Still would like a tad more strategy. Say for instance during a "day" each castle could have various attributes and they'd chance each day. Like +10% defense (so if you have 60 guys you'll have 66 in there) and -10% defense. This would make some of them hugely contested over since they'd be desirable. +10% bonus to reinforcements. No idea just throwing random ideas out there. I think doing this instead of the Vinci / Small World terrain modifiers would be easier to implement.

Wegmans
09-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't like how reinforcements are handled... I think they should be evenly distributed throughout the existing towers. It seems like it's heavily weighted towards the AI too...

Other than that, it's a fantastic game! I love the graphics and controls (though it's easy to accidentally select and send troops elsewhere)

It would be cool to be able to fast forward time.. sometimes i just want to sit and wait for my reinforcements!

ericxd
09-21-2009, 01:55 PM
one more thing before i purchase, is there freeplay/survivor mode?

Gamingfun
09-21-2009, 01:59 PM
I've had Galcon since it came out and it really is the only thing I need to hear that this game kind-of-somewhat resembles for me to get it :D

Shumby
09-21-2009, 02:10 PM
EDIT: One more change from Galcon is that you have the ability to scale how many troops you want to send away from a castle. There are options for "send some of", "send half of", and "send all of". Adds another layer of strategy.

Galcon has this option...

Thanks for the info though. I'll most likely pick this up unless something else attracts my dollar tonight. Maybe Stoneloops? Cant believe I dont have that yet.

Devilishly Good
09-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Galcon has this option...

Thanks for the info though. I'll most likely pick this up unless something else attracts my dollar tonight. Maybe Stoneloops? Cant believe I dont have that yet.

You could always try the lite for stoneloops, but I would definitely recommend it if you like marble shooters

Wegmans
09-21-2009, 02:25 PM
one more thing before i purchase, is there freeplay/survivor mode?

Nope, that would be cool, wouldn't it!? :p

I wish there was a strategy discussion on here or something!

Nausicaa
09-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Kind of interesting to think...

I bet, had this game been released last January, it would have been huge. But, with all these great games that have come out over the summer and into the fall, it takes a lot more to impress the masses. A lot has changed in the app store!

arn
09-21-2009, 03:05 PM

I bet, had this game been released last January, it would have been huge. But, with all these great games that have come out over the summer and into the fall, it takes a lot more to impress the masses. A lot has changed in the app store!

there's still time. :) It's climbing the top games chart right now.

arn

Big Albie
09-21-2009, 03:09 PM

Even with the massive release of games over the past few days, I've only seen a handful, if that, that are worthwhile. The problem is that the good stuff gets buried.

eatmosushi
09-21-2009, 03:14 PM
wegmans: I thought I did a good job covering the strategy.

Move more mans to a place than your enemy has mans moving to the same place.

Wegmans
09-21-2009, 03:50 PM
wegmans: I thought I did a good job covering the strategy.

Move more mans to a place than your enemy has mans moving to the same place.

I thought you did too, though very simplified! I don't know, i just was wondering about the advantage of leaving a ton of guys in a tower so that it was upgraded, but i guess it's just a really simple style of strategy..

Shumby
09-21-2009, 04:36 PM
I thought you did too, though very simplified! I don't know, i just was wondering about the advantage of leaving a ton of guys in a tower so that it was upgraded, but i guess it's just a really simple style of strategy..

is that how it works? more mans (??) in a tower makes it upgrade to a stronger version?

fetuscannon
09-21-2009, 06:12 PM
My buddy got this one and recommended picking it up...so far I think it's pretty decent. Gotta give it a few more tries before I'm totally sold on it.

Wegmans
09-21-2009, 07:38 PM
I just wish this game was so much more... it's really fun i guess, but i mean it's almost TOO simple that it's hard.. you know? The enemy gets hooked up, and you get jack sh1t, so it becomes a stretch to the end on every level to win..

I guess it succeeds at what it claims, but it's tough because it could be so much more... I wonder if there are any plans for an update in the near future?

@shumby, yeah if you have a ton of guys in the castle, maybe four stars worth, it will upgrade. This increases the castle's defense, you'll see arrows or spikes in the ground for example.

@eatmoshushi, also you can't visually tell how hard the battle will be because once you reach a certain number of guys, they turn into larger soldiers.. so if you see 10 bad guys coming, it may turn out to be like 300, you never know unless you saw them leave a castle

ivforlife
09-21-2009, 09:56 PM
There is something that I am not understanding about how you win. I am playing the first level. I finish the fifth day with control of all of the castles. There are blue flags everywhere, with men in each castle, yet still I end up in defeat.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kunning
09-21-2009, 11:27 PM
There's probably an empty castle you missed. Check the mini map! :p

Also, if that doesn't work, win earlier, because I think for the 1st level you only have 5 days to win.

Hope that helped! :D

ivforlife
09-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the pointers.

dk79
09-22-2009, 05:53 AM
Have you guys managed to finish the last level?
Even on easy it's insanely hard!!

d1
09-22-2009, 05:57 AM
the mechanics of the game are simple but fun, however i dojt understand how the enemy gets such large reinforcements lol. im doin my thing, i go and look at their main castle and it has lik 400 ppl, and another has 260, while i have nowhere near that many lol. idk tho, i enjoy the challenge but i have a feeling once i get farther in the game its g2 get extremely difficult :(:rolleyes:

Benegesserit
09-22-2009, 06:20 AM
I prefer the system in Galcon where capturing spots earned you units in that area. I really hate having to drag my reinforcements from the bottom of the screen to the middle/top. I understand that may be part of the balance but it's a really tedious process to supply defenses to contested castles.

stuffradio
09-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Sometimes my game crashes, it won't let me get past the splash screen and it exits the app. The only way to fix it is to restart the iPhone. Anyone experiencing this? I think maybe there must be a memory leak that leaves residue from each time you use the game.

stuffradio
09-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Nope, that would be cool, wouldn't it!? :p

I wish there was a strategy discussion on here or something!

They should have a forum on their site.

Nausicaa
09-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Played this a bit more last night. I really love this game!

My only complaint is that I accidentally move troops around to other castles all the time. It's really easy to touch a castle while scrolling the screen and not notice, moving them to whichever castle you select next.

Small complaint though. I'm on level 4, and some of these maps are just epic. Love how big they are.

SSquared
09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
I am finding myself accidentally sending troops to the wrong castle as well.

A little starting off hint: Has anyone noticed you can scroll around the map BEFORE you actually start the level? The map is dimmed, but you can still make things out. Can give you some sort of an idea of the playing field and to plan your first moves.

Shumby
09-22-2009, 05:12 PM
well I gave in to peer pressure and bought this game. really enjoy it but the scrolling can be a bit slow and unresponsive and that's a real drag. nothing like star defense's responsiveness. this needs to be addressed. I think this would cut down on mistakenly selecting the wrong castle as well...

Lord Faucon
09-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Castle Warriors is really really awesome! Basically just like Galcon, but with the feel of a mini "Total War" game.

If only I had a nickel for every time someone made a comparison to Total War... :rolleyes:

drach
09-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Have you guys managed to finish the last level?
Even on easy it's insanely hard!!

I'm having difficulty with this too. Any tips? I was cruising until that last level.

Wegmans
09-22-2009, 09:15 PM
If only I had a nickel for every time someone made a comparison to Total War... :rolleyes:

If only someone could come up with a solid Total War clone! I'm telling you, the engine in this game would have been great for it!

I'm definitely enjoying this game, and it's worth the $0.99

ericxd
09-23-2009, 02:51 AM
Honestly the difficulty needs tweating. If you go from playing easy to medium, you'll feel like ur playing Expert and that's not even a diffcukty setting on the game....so HARD is unplayable.

Even on easy the last stage was incredibly hard, fix this pls. I gaurantee alot of ppl are finding Medium and up incredibly difficult to play.

tones4e1
09-23-2009, 03:07 AM
Ya, when I am playing level 1 it feels like playing level 3. difficulty needs tweating. Please update asap.

Shumby
09-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Can anyone tell me if I'm the only one w/ scroll problems? I mean... it's bad to the point that I don't wanna play anymore. Feels like it takes 3 strokes to get the thing to move a little bit on the screen. Then I gotta do it again and again to get across the damned field since my target tower is inevitibly (sp?) on the other side of bumf**k.

I cant' be the only shmuck with this problem.

Fudgeboy
09-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Can anyone tell me if I'm the only one w/ scroll problems? I mean... it's bad to the point that I don't wanna play anymore. Feels like it takes 3 strokes to get the thing to move a little bit on the screen. Then I gotta do it again and again to get across the damned field since my target tower is inevitibly (sp?) on the other side of bumf**k.

I cant' be the only shmuck with this problem.

Well, i agree its not perfect, but i dont really notice it...

stanny
09-23-2009, 01:17 PM
One of my main gripes is accidently selecting a castle when scrolling around and not noticing it, then suddenly when I tap on another castle I want to use, it sends the units there.

Fudgeboy
09-23-2009, 01:21 PM
One of my main gripes is accidently selecting a castle when scrolling around and not noticing it, then suddenly when I tap on another castle I want to use, it sends the units there.

Yep, thats a problem i find annoying. devs, do you reckon you'll be able to fix this in an update?

Shumby
09-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I am a schmuck against the world it seems :(

Maybe I should stop wearing winter gloves while I play. (least that's what it feels like)

I do agree with everyone else about the accidental selection though. Needs some fine tuning. Maybe a march button in a corner after selecting the first tower and before selecting the second? could be an option as well... so that two touch mode still exists for players that prefer it.

SSquared
09-23-2009, 02:06 PM
It shouldn't actually select the tower until you lift your finger. That way, if someone scrolls, the logic can know not to select the tower.

My problem is I will select a tower. Then realize it only has a few troops and I want to select another tower with more troops. So I hit the other tower and I end up sending the troops from the first selected castle. This may be more related to user (me) error, though. Although the below suggestion will help.

One thing that will be greatly helpful is if touching the ground (anywhere without a castle) deselects a castle. That way I can quickly decide to select another castle rather than having to scroll back, find the right castle, and then scroll yet again to the other castle I want to select.

ericxd
09-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Honestly the difficulty needs tweating. If you go from playing easy to medium, you'll feel like ur playing Expert and that's not even a diffcukty setting on the game....so HARD is unplayable.

Even on easy the last stage was incredibly hard, fix this pls. I gaurantee alot of ppl are finding Medium and up incredibly difficult to play.

Ya, when I am playing level 1 it feels like playing level 3. difficulty needs tweating. Please update asap.

DEV where are u?

etoiles
09-25-2009, 11:42 AM
DEV where are u?

We are here, working on a first update... stay tuned ;)

etoiles
09-25-2009, 12:11 PM
and a little tip on strategy...

You are awarded the following points (=troops) for each round:
win a castle=30pts
castles held=20pts
win a skirmish=10pts

since you only start off with one or two castles, 'castles held' has little impact on the first round. Adjust your strategy accordingly... ;)

Nausicaa
09-25-2009, 12:54 PM
A simple fix for the scroll/castle issue is to implement a zoom system. Pinch in/out to bring the camera back a bit and give you more of an overhead view of the battlefield. It could be a locked camera when activated (ie, you can't control the level of zoom), and you wouldn't be able to select castles while 'zoomed out'. Maybe certain interface elements could disappear. It would simply be for scrolling to and zooming in on distant areas of the battle field. You would still be able to scroll normally when zoomed in.

SSquared's suggestion is good also.

etoiles
09-25-2009, 01:30 PM
It shouldn't actually select the tower until you lift your finger. That way, if someone scrolls, the logic can know not to select the tower.

Locking the castles while you scroll is one of the solutions we are looking at...

One thing that will be greatly helpful is if touching the ground (anywhere without a castle) deselects a castle. That way I can quickly decide to select another castle rather than having to scroll back, find the right castle, and then scroll yet again to the other castle I want to select.

You can cancel a castle selection by clicking on the panel in the bottom right corner. Obviously, we need to make that more intuitive.

We already use the ground selection to move around, so that might make things a bit frustrating if you are just trying to tap the screen to move a little and it deselects your castle...

SSquared
09-25-2009, 01:43 PM
You can cancel a castle selection by clicking on the panel in the bottom right corner. Obviously, we need to make that more intuitive.

Ooops. Yes. I forgot about that. I wonder if that is just not a very natural way of deselecting something. My tendency would be to tap away from the castle (the ground), but I see your point about the ground.

I've had to solve this same issue in a Windows app I work on. If the user holds L-Button and moves, then I scroll. If they just tap the L-Button, it moves a cursor to the selected point. I might have even added a timer that gives a short amount of time between a left click down and up to help prevent an accidental tiny movement from translating into a scroll event and instead becoming a simple mouse down/up.

Anyway, I find it interesting when I run across development issues in games and we have similar issues in business applications.

Devilishly Good
09-25-2009, 02:04 PM
We already use the ground selection to move around, so that might make things a bit frustrating if you are just trying to tap the screen to move a little and it deselects your castle...

What if the first initial tap if a castle is selected, automatically deselects it, and if there is no castle selected touching the ground works to let you move as normal?

I think touching the ground to deselect may be something many users find intuitive, for myself and tower defense games, touching open ground is a quick and very common way of deselecting an actively selected tower.

etoiles
09-25-2009, 03:01 PM
What if the first initial tap if a castle is selected, automatically deselects it, and if there is no castle selected touching the ground works to let you move as normal?

The tricky bit is that you have to be able to select castle A, move around, then select target castle B (while castle A is still selected)...

Ramses
09-27-2009, 09:12 PM
I think it would work better this way:

1) They should use a "lock" system for the towers you want to be the "active" one. Maybe two taps.
2) You could move the maps normally as it wouldnt loose the tower.
3) And when you find the tower you want to attack, as you tap it, it should open a "mini-menu" with the options ("send half, send most, etc").
4) To lose the tower you locked, just put a button on the corner of the HUD.

Of course they can think of a better solution, because the way it is right now is really frustrating (and the game is very nice in the others aspects).

Kunning
09-27-2009, 09:15 PM
How is this thing only getting 3.5 stars on iTunes? That's BS. This game is awesome. Then again, in the later levels, it's impossible how the enemy starts with like 3000 people and you only start with 450...

roberto
09-28-2009, 04:31 AM
really good game !

etoiles
10-02-2009, 01:23 PM
We have just submitted an update:

Quick Play (Skirmish) mode: play any unlocked map, choose the number of troops (both sides) and number of days.
Streamlined troop selection UI (see attachment).
Adjusted castle selection touch control (less likely to accidentally select the wrong castle).
Scroll sensitivity adjustment option.
Bug fixes.

Kunning
10-02-2009, 07:47 PM
We have just submitted an update:

Quick Play (Skirmish) mode: play any unlocked map, choose the number of troops (both sides) and number of days.
Streamlined troop selection UI (see attachment).
Adjusted castle selection touch control (less likely to accidentally select the wrong castle).
Scroll sensitivity adjustment option.
Bug fixes.

WOO! SkIrMiSh MoDe!1!

lol. hope that typing doesn't confuse anyone.

PeterM11
10-02-2009, 07:54 PM
awesome. sounds like some good improvements. can't wait. really enjoy the game.

onewithchaos
10-05-2009, 06:17 PM
I want to buy this one, I bought Strategery and love it. I'm not sure about the no zooming out option though. Another thing...what is skirmish mode. I've seen it on other threads but I'm still lost, could someone p.m me that if it might flood the threat.

Other than that, is it hard to navigate through the map? Is it frustating not to see the whole map?

dominator246
10-05-2009, 06:29 PM
WE LOVE YOU ETOILES!!!!!!! haha

Can't wait for the update, any hopes of additional players in skirmish mode? Such as 3 or 4 cpu's and yourself in a free for all. Or even new units? Armys? etc.

dominator246
10-05-2009, 06:30 PM
I want to buy this one, I bought Strategery and love it. I'm not sure about the no zooming out option though. Another thing...what is skirmish mode. I've seen it on other threads but I'm still lost, could someone p.m me that if it might flood the threat.

Other than that, is it hard to navigate through the map? Is it frustating not to see the whole map?

It's not really that frustrating at all. You might not even notice it, I haven't.

and @GameResort
WE LOVE YOU ETOILES!!!!!!! haha

Can't wait for the update, any hopes of additional players in skirmish mode? Such as 3 or 4 cpu's and yourself in a free for all. Or even new units? Armys? etc.

onewithchaos
10-05-2009, 06:33 PM
The tricky bit is that you have to be able to select castle A, move around, then select target castle B (while castle A is still selected)...

I dont know it sounds like it might work I mean Star Defense IS a tower defense that works like this....right? ( dont own star defense)

dominator246
10-05-2009, 06:47 PM
I dont know it sounds like it might work I mean Star Defense IS a tower defense that works like this....right? ( dont own star defense)

.....just buy it. lol :)

EDIT: *gives you that last little push* lol

Squeaker
10-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Great update. I'm been playing this and loving it. Can't wait for skirmish.

superbad
10-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Excuse moi but this game is fantastic. I wish i wish you're able to cancel moving soldiers

Shumby
10-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Bam - updated

What's new
- Quick Play (Skirmish) mode: create your own battles on any unlocked map by selecting number of troops and days.
- Streamlined troop selection UI.
- Adjusted castle selection (less likely to accidentally select the wrong castle).
- Scroll sensitivity adjustment option.
- Bug fixes.

lildragon
10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Excellent was getting the itch to play through this again lately.

Kudos

~t