PDA

View Full Version : Champion Archer Story Contest

PocketMonkey
09-29-2009, 05:02 PM
We have recently been featured under "Hot New Games" in the AppStore. Thank you all for all of your support.

We have a few promo codes for those creative bunches out there.

Here is the challenge: Create a backstory to the Elven Lord and why he felt compelled to save the last of the Human Kingdoms. Use the story provided in the game description for help. Must be between 4 - 6 sentences. We will select the winners today. PLEASE post your story in the thread for everyone to enjoy.

that1techguy
09-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Pm'ed you the story :D would be great if you used it

Kunning
09-29-2009, 05:28 PM
It'd be even better if he used mine. Mine is awesome. I'm not entering in the contest, PocketMonkey, I'm just displaying mine as an example.

The dust settled over the bodies of fallen warriors, both human and orc. Ravens began to flock in, beginning their evening feast. The Champion Archer surveyed the gruesome scene through impassive eyes; he had managed to hold off the orcs for another day. However, he did not know how long he could keep this up, for even the greatest of Elven Lords have a point where their stamina drains. The Champion Archer hefted up his powerful longbow and piercing arrows, heading back to the castle to rest up for the next day's bloodshed that was soon to come...

that1techguy
09-29-2009, 05:31 PM
ooo i like yours :) very descriptive i took the aftermath approach on my story

Kunning
09-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks! :D

PocketMonkey
09-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Pm'ed you the story :D would be great if you used it

Could you please post your story in this thread for everyone to see so they can see why we choose the winner. Thank you.

that1techguy
09-29-2009, 06:18 PM
oh, ok here it is :D

The elven lord meets with the humans see that they have been all but vanished from the world. He sees the children begging for food and shelter, but their leader an old man tries to treat them as gods. Then, all of a sudden seeing the disappointment in the in the elven lords' eyes he instead gives the food and shelter to everyone that is left and then the elven lord starts seeing the one thing that he ogres haven't broken yet, their compassion. Seeing that they work hard and love their way of life and don't want it to end the elven lord lets them collaborate to stop the ogre forces. once its all said and done they begin to find common ground and become trade partners and try to help each and everyone that was terrorized by the ogre, and speaking of the ogres the elves end yup signing a treaty with them not to attack and in return the ogres got more land to roam around on.

Justinth
09-29-2009, 06:18 PM
The elven lord is definitely a bold title to wield. I have a lot of confidence in myself, as they all have confidence in me. The reason I am the elven lord dates back to my past. The truth would be that I just felt compelled to help. My parents always did questionable, evil acts, and I just felt in the back of my head like it was my job to fix that. I don't know where they are now. They are ashamed of the fact that I fight for good. I'm not. I know that i'm doing the right thing. I often have nightmares about people losing faith, but then I wake up and see them, and rest assured that I am loved.

PocketMonkey
09-29-2009, 06:20 PM

"The enemy was upon humanity, yet they were blinded by their pride. All hope was lost for the survival of the human race, but one hero stood to withstand the impossible. The elven lord knew the pride of humanity would cause the downfall of their civilization, yet unlike his fellow lords, he knew that helping the cause would do more good than sitting around. The dust cloud of the enemy in the background rising, the elven lord strung his arrow and fired. The rest is history."

PocketMonkey
09-29-2009, 06:34 PM

The thundering sound off in the distance told me the the Orc hordes were getting nearer. Through this treacherous and seemingly endless battle, I have lost both my friends and my family. Besides my bow and my arrows, all I have left is my home, and I vow to protect it. No one else will be hurt or killed at the hands of those wicked Orcs. My kingdom needs me, it needs...a hero.

xVietx
09-29-2009, 07:36 PM
As the Elven Lord stood on the castle walls, the home he would protect at all costs, he heard the sound of the Orc Horde coming closer. He must face this menace alone, for the other Elves had abandoned humanity in its time of need but he could not, he owed humanity a great debt. In years long past, during his youth and recklessness, he had enraged a legendary dragon by piercing its flesh and taking its blood for dragon's blood has near mythical properties and he was blinded in his greed. The dragon, furious at his arrogance, attacked his village and laid waste to the countryside. The Elven Lord defied him to the very end and as his life was nearing an end, the humans came to his rescue when all others had abandoned him and wounded the dragon greatly, who vowed he would return. And to this day, he feels indebted to them and so he reached for his bow and cast on his hood.

Ehhh, I tried to incorporate dragons into it since you have said there could be dragons in the future but it didn't turn out as well as I hoped. Oh well. Best of luck!

PocketMonkey
09-29-2009, 08:24 PM
As the Elven Lord stood on the castle walls, the home he would protect at all costs, he heard the sound of the Orc Horde coming closer. He must face this menace alone, for the other Elves had abandoned humanity in its time of need but he could not, he owed humanity a great debt. In years long past, during his youth and recklessness, he had enraged a legendary dragon by piercing its flesh and taking its blood for dragon's blood has near mythical properties and he was blinded in his greed. The dragon, furious at his arrogance, attacked his village and laid waste to the countryside. The Elven Lord defied him to the very end and as his life was nearing an end, the humans came to his rescue when all others had abandoned him and wounded the dragon greatly, who vowed he would return. And to this day, he feels indebted to them and so he reached for his bow and cast on his hood.

This is the winner of the current round!

Round 2 on this thread starts now, same contest. Contest ends at 7:30 PM, or 2 hours after this posting. BEGIN.

that1techguy
09-29-2009, 08:26 PM
is the same entries still good to win or do we need to write a new one?

xVietx
09-29-2009, 08:32 PM

Round 2 on this thread starts now, same contest. Contest ends at 7:30 PM, or 2 hours after this posting. BEGIN.

Wow. I really wasn't expecting to win this one. Thanks for choosing mine over all these other fantastic entries. Good luck on winning this contest, for those of you entering. :)

PocketMonkey
09-29-2009, 08:37 PM
is the same entries still good to win or do we need to write a new one?

You may repost your story or you can edit it as you please if you think you can improve.

Devilishly Good
09-29-2009, 08:46 PM
The Elven seers had long prophecied the downfall of Man to the Orc Hordes. Long had Men held these prophecies in contempt until their own pride had blinded them to danger of the invading Orcs.

When the last King of Men came to beseech the Elven Council for help, his pleas fell on many deaf ears. There were many on the Council who would not have felt any sadness at seeing the last kingdom of Men fall; who felt that the last days of humans were numbered, and that the huebris of Men had brought their fate upon themselves. Alone.

However, not all Elves felt this way. A few among them knew that the counterweight to unyielding fate was hope. Hope that Men would come to realize their folly and from it aquire wisdom. And hope among one Elven Lord that his efforts could tip the scales against the invading Orc Hordes.

"Besides," he thought to himself, "if the last kingdom of Men falls, then where next will the ever-greedy Orc Hordes turn? Then who will Pride truly have brought to ruin?

Devilishly Good
09-29-2009, 08:48 PM

Whew, I didn't know there was deadline and I'm glad there's a round 2...that would have sucked to have spent all that time writing for nothing. :p

that1techguy
09-29-2009, 08:51 PM
The time has come to rise up, again. this evil must be stopped at all costs, but I am one when they are many. Most of my comrades left me, for the fear of their life would end. Last time we faced this threat my race was almost wiped off the face of the world, but because our mistake the threat, the orcs, are back because, we enraged a dragon while trying to kill it for its' hide, and that dragon was a pet for the orcs and a stove to cook their huge amount of food they needed to eat to stay alive. So, they took our mistake as a threat I know we were a little out side of our region of the world to hunt this dragon. The humans are starting to pay for our mistake I will not let that happen! I will slay the orcs until they become extinct so the world will be rid of this storm we call the yells of the orcs. I can hear them now their call is piercing my ears so i will return the favor and pierce their flesh. Who's with me!

(cheers)

Its time to rise up time, to fight, to become a legend!

ready...aim...fire!

that1techguy
09-29-2009, 09:25 PM
the orc-human wars have raged on for many seasons now. Now the war looks like its turning for the worse, us humans who you are helping by giving supplies to are starting to lose the war. If the orcs find out that you are giving the us supplies you would become the main target because the numbers of or race have dwindled down to a few thousand. "Now I ask you the council, to consider fighting with us side by side to take down this threat." most of members of the council don't like getting into affairs so I was asked many questions about or tactics but in every scenario we needed more troops to even think about winning a battle. After a short recess, the council sat down talking for a minute to think over their answer. "No, we can not get afford a full scale war right now, but if any of our citizens want to join your cause they can freely." One elf watching me plead and beg for troops and more resources felt so bad that he said he would join our cause. He knew if we were destroyed that the orcs no doubt would come to the elven city. Little did I know, the elf that wanted to fight for our cause was the elven lord, the others at the hearing were shocked that one of the most powerful person of their race would open his heart, set differences aside, and fight with the us against the orcs. He vowed to keep the human race alive as long as they are still around. And so became the tale of how the humans and elven people became great allies. We might have different battle tactics, but together we both cancel out our weaknesses. We thanked the elven lord by giving him the title "hero" among our people.

that1techguy
09-29-2009, 09:35 PM
3 made stories I really wanna win this app :)

that1techguy
09-29-2009, 10:18 PM
I recall the tale of the "hero" of our people, he saved us from extinction by the orcs, the elven lord. The story starts out with the humans (us) and the orcs in a battle that has lasted many years. when us humans started to manufacture swords and other weapons the only down side there was a lot of smog created from this process, and you would ask why would that matter, well that year the wind almost always blew to the east. The east is where the orcs lived they soon found out that the smog covered the sun enough that the berries they pick for food and other vital parts of their culture never grew. So, the orcs though some curse was cast on their lands and the only race they knew that had witches was the humans so they went on a hunt to kill all the human to seek revenge, because they ruined their culture. After many seasons the humans were almost all gone, only one human kingdom remained. The king of that kingdom was not known for war. He never fought a war, or knew how to manage one. He knew he was done for so he made a trip to a nearby elven kingdom to ask for help in this war that he was forced into. The council of the elven kingdom was not one to budge. The king begged and begged so much that that most of the council felt like they were gods and deciding the fate of the human race and did not really care much about what happens to them, they just wanted more land to expand into. Though, there was one elf that had sympathy for this king.
That elf was the elven lord of the kingdom he knew what the king felt he, was lost and confused the same way when he had his first big decision to make. So, he wanted to help in all the ways possible but many of the council was against him and he was very limited to the resources he could use to help the humans. In the end the elven lord fought side by side with the humans against the orcs. And the rest is history, and history is in your hands!

kingkong120
09-29-2009, 10:21 PM
"The enemy was upon humanity, yet they were blinded by their pride. All hope was lost for the survival of the human race. But one sought to stand against the impossible, and defy the opposing orc army. The elven lord once remembered when the humans were selfless and allied to the elvish army. However, after the humans became weak with their internal struggles, the enemy knew it was the right time to attack, and the humans were suffering. He knew that this was the chance for the elves and humans to bond once again, and for the humans to realize their pride, and cause them to return to their original, humble state. The dust cloud of the enemy in the background rising, the elven lord strung his arrow and fired, knowing the fate of humanity rested on his shoulders."

Reposted, but with major edit.

PocketMonkey
09-29-2009, 10:51 PM
The Elven seers had long prophecied the downfall of Man to the Orc Hordes. Long had Men held these prophecies in contempt until their own pride had blinded them to danger of the invading Orcs.

When the last King of Men came to beseech the Elven Council for help, his pleas fell on many deaf ears. There were many on the Council who would not have felt any sadness at seeing the last kingdom of Men fall; who felt that the last days of humans were numbered, and that the huebris of Men had brought their fate upon themselves. Alone.

However, not all Elves felt this way. A few among them knew that the counterweight to unyielding fate was hope. Hope that Men would come to realize their folly and from it aquire wisdom. And hope among one Elven Lord that his efforts could tip the scales against the invading Orc Hordes.

"Besides," he thought to himself, "if the last kingdom of Men falls, then where next will the ever-greedy Orc Hordes turn? Then who will Pride truly have brought to ruin?

This is the winner for round 2! Had the most detail of them all plus it was the closest to our original concept.

that1techguy
09-29-2009, 10:53 PM
i knew that would happen :| darn was looking forward to this game

Devilishly Good
09-29-2009, 11:04 PM
This is the winner for round 2! Had the most detail of them all plus it was the closest to our original concept.

Woo hoo! Awesome and thanks! :)

PocketMonkey
09-30-2009, 02:26 AM
i knew that would happen :| darn was looking forward to this game

Two options you have:

1. Buy the game at $.99
2. Try again in round 3

that1techguy
09-30-2009, 02:57 AM
3rd round is the charm?

kijib
10-06-2009, 09:03 PM
whens round 3?

that1techguy
10-06-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't think it will happen the dev already held another contest after this one