PDA

View Full Version : I just got married :)

cramzy
12-17-2009, 01:45 AM
Hey guys,

Not that it is anywhere near relevant to these forums, but since I am quite regular here, I just wanted to share the joy :)
I just got married last week, and here're the pics :)

http://gallery.me.com/i.yordanov#100225

Cheers,
ILIYA

spidey146
12-17-2009, 01:47 AM
WOw, congratulations, that's sure something to be proud of ;).

Best wishes to you and your new family.

AaronAMV
12-17-2009, 01:50 AM
I wish you a very happy congratulations. :)

cramzy
12-17-2009, 01:53 AM
By the way, I am curious what are the wedding rituals in different countries?

I can't say much about my country (Bulgaria) since we didn't go through the traditional Bulgarian wedding, but here's what I know:
- The groom goes to pick up the best man (yeah, no bachelor party)
- The groom must BUY (and they do not accept credit cards!) the bride from her parents
- The bride hides one of her shoes somewhere inhouse, and the groom must find it and then stuff it with money (only cash again)
- The best man must steal a cock (the bird!)
- We have ceremony in the municipality, where the legal part of the wedding happens
- Church wedding after that (not obligatory)
- Restaurant for all the guests + hotel for some
- The groom and the bride split bread above their heads. It's believed that whoever grabs the bigger part must bring the money into the family, and the other one must spend them (I got the bigger half...pitty)
- There's traditional bulgarian dance, called Horo (I have no idea how this translates, but the dance sux big time...it's quite primitive, and the music is awful)
- First dance- the groom and the bride dance alone for the first time in their wedded life
- Cutting 2 pieces of a cake - one for the groom & the bride and one for whomever they decide
- Exchange gifts with the guests
- The bride throws flowers
- The groom gets the bride's garter

That's it :)

Cheers,
ILIYA

ImNoSuperMan
12-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Congratz ILIYA. My best wishes for your married life :)

Btw, Didnt know you were a girl : o

cramzy
12-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Hey thanks to everyone!

BUT I AM THE BOY :D No, really- ILIYA is man name here, and MARIA (yeah, sounds similar) is woman name. I am ILIYA, the man!

Cheers,
ILIYA

ImNoSuperMan
12-17-2009, 02:05 AM
Lol. Sorry again in that case :p

cramzy
12-17-2009, 02:07 AM
Lol. Sorry again in that case :p

:) No problem, I am used to it... many people confuse me for woman because of this name, but what can I do...it's simply not a popular international name, and few know it's a male name here (it's Greek actually...).

I wonder how many people of all who know me only from the internet, still think I am a woman...haha, at least I could get some benefits out of it :D

Cheers,
ILIYA

MidianGTX
12-17-2009, 02:21 AM
Nice one! I hope you're very happy :)

...and whoever took the photographs at your wedding was excellent :eek:

d1
12-17-2009, 02:23 AM
:eek: Congrats! Pics are great, have a happy wed life :)

d1
12-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Nice one! I hope you're very happy :)

...and whoever took the photographs at your wedding was excellent :eek:
+1 That's what I was thinking when I was looking through them!

[Yay for double post :p]

Harpgliss
12-17-2009, 02:27 AM
Hi,

Congratulations to you and your new wife.

I have been married for twelve years now and it has been great, for the most part.

Hope you two enjoy a long and happy life together.

David

RiverOnFire
12-17-2009, 02:27 AM
Congratulations! By the way, your photographer was very good and captured some really nice pictures.

sam the lion
12-17-2009, 02:46 AM
Congrats man! She's beautiful! :)

d1
12-17-2009, 02:48 AM
Congrats man! She's beautiful! :)
[Cramzy is the she :p]

jchampl
12-17-2009, 03:01 AM
did you &^%$ tiger woods?

Harpgliss
12-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Hi,

To the last two posters, read the thread, Cramzy is the groom.

To jchampl, why post that in this thread, you just make yourself look bad.

David

Random_Guy
12-17-2009, 03:12 AM
Congratulations.

starjimstar
12-17-2009, 03:16 AM
By the way, I am curious what are the wedding rituals in different countries?

No rituals written in stone for same-sex marriages. I am just beginning to plan my wedding for next summer. We might have fag hags instead of bride's maids and gushers instead of ushers. Also, I want to get some of these:

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/02/roses_450x479.jpg

uniquedot
12-17-2009, 04:38 AM
Congrats!! ;)

thegamerocks06
12-17-2009, 05:25 AM
Congrats buddy :)
And give a pat on the back to the photogropher from my side :D

cramzy
12-17-2009, 05:32 AM
Hey guys,

Thank you all for the warm words :)
To be frank, I never believed this thread could get so many replies, but Maria suggested I should open this thread, so I did.

Anyways, the photographer really proved to be amazing! When we hired him, I believed we are hiring the best photographer in the country (and most popular one), but after I saw the pictures, I realized it was true :)

Cheers,
ILIYA

shivnandan
12-17-2009, 05:33 AM
Congrats man! And thanks for writing such a detail information on the marriage style in Bulgaria. Its good to know rituals of different country.

Have a great life and Merry Christmas!!!

cramzy
12-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Congrats man! And thanks for writing such a detail information on the marriage style in Bulgaria. Its good to know rituals of different country.

Have a great life and Merry Christmas!!!

Thanks man :) If anyone else would share details in wedding rituals in other countries, it'd be quite interesting to read :)

And yes, you reminded me- MARRY CHRISTMAS everyone! :)

Cheers,
ILIYA

cramzy
12-17-2009, 05:38 AM
No rituals written in stone for same-sex marriages.

I think same-sex marriages should not be different than male-female marriages...but I am not sure. Never seen one myself...I think it's even not officially allowed by law in my country...but I am not sure.

Cheers,
ILIYA

Zincous
12-17-2009, 05:40 AM
I think same-sex marriages should not be different than male-female marriages...but I am not sure. Never seen one myself...I think it's even not officially allowed by law in my country...but I am not sure.

Cheers,
ILIYA

Only certain states allow it here in the US.

kazamman
12-17-2009, 06:10 AM
grats mate.

Squirt Reynolds
12-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Congrats. BTW, if you're the bride, you look beautiful.

cramzy
12-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Congrats. BTW, if you're the bride, you look beautiful.

I am the groom actually :)

Cheers,
ILIYA

sam the lion
12-17-2009, 09:09 AM
I know about some marriage rituals in italy but maybe they are international and not just italian - throwing rice at the couple when they go out of the church, not seeing each other in the wedding day until they both are in the church, things like that.
A weird one that applies only to some regions of Italy is that the bride should store a slice of the wedding cake for a year. This way her husband will always be faithful to her. Don't aske me why.

cramzy
12-17-2009, 09:17 AM
I know about some marriage rituals in italy but maybe they are international and not just italian - throwing rice at the couple when they go out of the church, not seeing each other in the wedding day until they both are in the church, things like that.
A weird one that applies only to some regions of Italy is that the bride should store a slice of the wedding cake for a year. This way her husband will always be faithful to her. Don't aske me why.

Not seeing the bride (and the dress) before the wedding is valid for Bulgaria too...but I forgot it. The rice thing in front of the church- we have it with water.
But man, about that cake...that's a weird one :D Just like our (bulgarian) where the best man must catch a rooster :D
Imagine the smell...in both rituals :D

eyemh8
12-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Congrats. The best ritual from my american wedding was the under 5 year divorce that's were she take my money and hides it and never tells me were she put it it's pretty great.

yourofl10
12-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Gratz!

drelbs
12-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Congratulations! :D

Kamazar
12-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Congrats!!!

Theta-Omega
12-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Congrats! Best wishes to both of you :)

Squirt Reynolds
12-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I am the groom actually :)

Cheers,
ILIYA

Wow, that's a little awkward.

My previous post proves yet again that a bottle of rum and the internet don't mix.

d1
12-17-2009, 02:26 PM
[/facepalm] to myself :D

MidianGTX
12-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Wow, that's a little awkward.

My previous post proves yet again that a bottle of rum and the internet don't mix.

Admit it, you thought he was beautiful too.

Squirt Reynolds
12-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Admit it, you thought he was beautiful too.

Yeah, but only a little bit.

cramzy
12-17-2009, 03:00 PM
My wife just read this thread and made ROFL :D

She also thanks for all the warm wishes.

Cheers,
ILIYA

Outkast1
12-17-2009, 05:42 PM
My wife just read this thread and made ROFL :D

She also thanks for all the warm wishes.

Cheers,
ILIYA

Congratulations Iliya! Are you two going anywhere special for a honeymoon?

I'm not married but here are the American Wedding traditions I know of:
1. Bachelor party for the groom, strippers should be mandatory imo :D
2. You're not supposed to see the bride or her gown on the wedding day
3. Some brides have a tradition of wearing: 'Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue'.
4. After the ceremony the bride throws her bouquet over her shoulder, to the crowd of women, and the one who catches it is supposed to get married next.
5. I hear that during bachelorette parties, some girl usually makes a penis-shaped cake for the bride :eek:
6. I think people still throw rice at the couple when they are leaving the church or ceremony.
7. The best man gets to hook up with the maid of honor :D

PhagoCychotic
12-19-2009, 05:48 AM
those bloomers were hilarious

ShadowsFall
12-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Congratz!

Phil_Synowiec
12-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Congratz mate! I hope you have a healthy relationship. I'm the type of person who isn't really planning to have kids but I am also on the fritz about getting married or not.

Nearly 70% of all married men and 60% of married women have had affairs. Thatís two out of every three marriages.
Every ten to thirteen seconds someone gets divorced.
50% of women and 33% of men remain angry for ten years after a divorce.
Women have more trouble starting new relationships than divorced men do.
More than 90% of divorces in long-standing marriages involve infidelities some time during the marriage.
More than 50% may be involved in a current affair, yet only 25% cite an affair as an actual reason for divorce.
80% of those who divorce during an affair regret the decision.
Over 75% who marry partners in an affair eventually divorce.
The divorce rate and ratio of infidelity are much higher among marriage partners in an affair.
The average affair lasts two to four years.
If an affair becomes public it is doomed.
If an affair replaces the marriage, it is subject to the same emotional stresses as the marriage but is twice as likely to fracture.
An affair prevents binding ties from being formed. Eventually it has nowhere to go. Sooner or later it will suffocate in secrecy.
Affairs die for the same reason as marriage, lack of intimacy.

ktfright
12-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Congratz mate! I hope you have a healthy relationship. I'm the type of person who isn't really planning to have kids but I am also on the fritz about getting married or not.

Nearly 70% of all married men and 60% of married women have had affairs. Thatís two out of every three marriages.
More than 90% of divorces in long-standing marriages involve infidelities some time during the marriage.
More than 50% may be involved in a current affair, yet only 25% cite an affair as an actual reason for divorce.
The divorce rate and ratio of infidelity are much higher among marriage partners in an affair.
If an affair replaces the marriage, it is subject to the same emotional stresses as the marriage but is twice as likely to fracture.
An affair prevents binding ties from being formed. Eventually it has nowhere to go. Sooner or later it will suffocate in secrecy.

Way to jinx him man!!!

PhagoCychotic
12-20-2009, 07:40 AM

Looks like a list compiled by those trying to justify not getting married ;) j/k Anyway, are these little gems from American statistics?

starjimstar
12-20-2009, 10:40 AM

You can eliminate 11 of your 14 concerns by entering an open relationship. (Cheating is only cheating if you are breaking the rules.) Your extramarital encounters do not need to be exclusive either: when people interest both of you, invite them home. Just make sure you buy a big bed.