PDA

View Full Version : Do you welcome commerical apps?

lord-sam
01-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Do you welcome apps to the iPhone made by big companies such as Tesco or Ikea? All they're out for is a quick buck and clogging up te app store. If I really wanted their new catalogue, wouldn't I just go to the shop and get one?

super6ft7
01-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Do you welcome apps to the iPhone made by big companies such as Tesco or Ikea? All they're out for is a quick buck and clogging up te app store. If I really wanted their new catalogue, wouldn't I just go to the shop and get one?

It's smaller, better for the environment and easier

Kamazar
01-02-2010, 01:11 PM
... wouldn't I just go to the shop and get one?

Their new "shop" (understatement of the freakin' year) is on the outskirts of of the general urban area where I live. A good 20-30 minute drive for a catalogue is not my idea of a good time. And like super6ft7 said, it's smaller, and tree-less.

Eli
01-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Out of all the junk that is submitted to the App Store on a daily basis why would a useful Ikea app irritate anyone? ;)

DaveMc99
01-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Out of all the junk that is submitted to the App Store on a daily basis why would a useful Ikea app irritate anyone? ;)

There are only useful to people with enough money to buy something from them. :p

Eli
01-02-2010, 01:58 PM
There are only useful to people with enough money to buy something from them. :p

I don't think it's possible to own an iPhone or iPod touch without the ability to afford the junk they sell at Ikea.

Reaganomics
01-02-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't think it's possible to own an iPhone or iPod touch without the ability to afford the junk they sell at Ikea.

Ha good point. But believe it or not I have an Ikea table that last me four years and not a single issue. Knock on wood.