PDA

View Full Version : GTA - overshadowed games

starmonkey101
01-19-2010, 09:06 PM
i want to make a list of the great games that have arrived in the past few days/weeks that are being overshadowed by grand theft auto. this thread is for me and everyone who doesnt have GTA as well as everyone who has been too busy with GTA to focus on other apps. i want to ensure that all of the devs (mostly indie) who make these wonderful games are getting the appreciation the deserve without feeling overwhelmed by the eclipse GTA has cast over the app store

so i will start us off.

the horrible vikings
battle blasters
doodle bomb
danger cats
are you alright?
sword and poker
bird strike
infinity project

if you have any more, please share. i as well as many others would like to know

Kunning
01-19-2010, 09:09 PM
DOODLE ARMY! :D Currently number 五十九 (fifty nine for those of you who can't read CHINEEEES) in TOP PAID GAMES! :p

starmonkey101
01-19-2010, 09:23 PM
also tumble drop

rich_952000
01-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Thank you for this thread. Two more i'd like to add Comet Racer-Donut Games and Fleeced: Shear Terror-Bight Games

starmonkey101
01-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Thank you for this thread. Two more i'd like to add Comet Racer-Donut Fames and Fleeced: Shear Terror-Bight Games

youre welcome! :D

also, heavy mach 2

STP_Tim
01-19-2010, 09:25 PM
the horrible vikings
battle blasters
doodle bomb
danger cats
are you alright?
sword and poker
bird strike
infinity project

Most of these came out well before GTA.

rich_952000
01-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Most of these came out well before GTA.

The OP said those released days/weeks before. Contribute or get lost. Thanks.

Somerandomdude
01-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Dawn of the Dead. It's an alright game, and a lot more fun once you get used to the controls. And it just so happened to come out RIGHT after GTA.

Also, games from the past now rendered obsolete by GTA's release:

Payback
Car Jack Streets
Gangstar (somewhat, it's still the only behind the back camera game, but it's missing the content and awesomeness of GTA from what I've heard).

MidianGTX
01-19-2010, 09:35 PM

Payback
Car Jack Streets
Gangstar (somewhat, it's still the only behind the back camera game, but it's missing the content and awesomeness of GTA from what I've heard).

I don't think anyone really wants to be reminded of those :rolleyes:

Somerandomdude
01-19-2010, 09:42 PM
I don't think anyone really wants to be reminded of those :rolleyes:

Oh, lol, on the contrary I just installed the lite versions of both Gangstar and Payback that I had on my iTunes, and was about to put CJS on there tomorrow. Just wanted to play a good game of that genre until I can get GTA.

da shiz wiz 19
01-19-2010, 09:49 PM
2012 ZOMBIES VS ALIENS

I need this to get in the top 50. Can't move from the 70's due to all these new releases!!

Kunning
01-19-2010, 09:49 PM
2012 ZOMBIES VS ALIENS

I need this to get in the top 50. Can't move from the 70's due to all these new releases!!

It's already in the top 50 PAID GAMES. Just not yet into the top 50 PAID APPS. :p

SarcasticGamer
01-19-2010, 09:52 PM

No need to be hostile amigo! What's the beef?

dumbname
01-19-2010, 09:53 PM
yeah i'd say Doodle Army, good thing i was informed about it. GTA has definitely hogged all my time.

oh and one thing i don't like about DOodle Army, switching guns.. grr:mad:

nice!

MexicanJesus
01-19-2010, 09:56 PM
I just got gta a few hours ago. I only got it because I was bored after beating one of the amazing games on the list; Infinity Project. Infinity Project is an amazing FPS, everyone should check out. Decent graphics, great story and gameplay. A solid 4.5/5 for me.

STP_Tim
01-19-2010, 10:01 PM

Harsh, but your right. I didn't read the full post.

To contribute: I thought "The Raging Dead" was pretty unique, even if it wasn't an amazing game.

ASB
01-19-2010, 10:04 PM
oops, posted on wrong page.

Somerandomdude
01-19-2010, 10:11 PM
oops, posted on wrong page.

Holy crap! I don't care if that's in the wrong thread, that's funny!! I literally laughed out loud at that... You have eased the pain of writing about if the New Deal was constitutional or not. Thank you.

rich_952000
01-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Harsh, but your right. I didn't read the full post.

To contribute: I thought "The Raging Dead" was pretty unique, even if it wasn't an amazing game.

Yes, apologies for my shortened temperment.

Will090
01-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Infinity Gene Lite, if you don't take 20 minutes out of your GTA time and try this I will kill you...no joke

starmonkey101
01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Infinity Gene Lite, if you don't take 20 minutes out of your GTA time and try this I will kill you...no joke

Meh. I tried it but I could beat the levels too quickly and easily by moving the shorter back and forth, side to side really fast. That's all it took :P

@meridian infinity project IS such a grat game. The devs said a huge update is coming in a few weeks too. Won't give us much dets yet though

JamesDean69
01-19-2010, 10:50 PM

Seriously dude whats with the freakin hostility on this site. Everytime someone posts something, someone's gotta jump down their throat. relax people. Its a gaming forum. you arent curing cancer.

starmonkey101
01-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Seriously dude whats with the freakin hostility on this site. Everytime someone posts something, someone's gotta jump down their throat. relax people. Its a gaming forum. you arent curing cancer.

it's ok. Rich is a regular here in the forums. I have witnessed MUCH worse from complete morons here. I think he just might be frustrated about all the GTA talk. Idk. But I understand. I know what u mean. Usually, u just have to ignore it (unless is a sterotypical or racist comment- I experienced one today with some scum bag who called Jews cheap) but usually that stuff doesn't happen. There are also a lot of immature/ annoying people you have to look out for. I won't name anyone but when u see it, it kinda just funny to laugh at their immaturity. In addition, lots of people here think they can boss everyone else around. Idk, just an observation. But there are some cool people on this site who will take the time to help you out if u have any questions in the forums while other jerks will just tell u to look it up and post a link to wikipedia lol.

firemaplegames
01-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks so much for mentioning Danger Cats!, I really appreciate it!!!

Currently, GTA is sitting four spots above Danger Cats! in the Hot New Games section...I'm hoping some of the lovin' will filter down!!!

I still have 15 or so promo codes if anybody hasn't gotten one yet.

Best,
Joe

Fire Maple Games

pavenger
01-20-2010, 01:39 AM
Thanks so much for mentioning Danger Cats!, I really appreciate it!!!

Currently, GTA is sitting four spots above Danger Cats! in the Hot New Games section...I'm hoping some of the lovin' will filter down!!!

I still have 15 or so promo codes if anybody hasn't gotten one yet.

Best,
Joe

Fire Maple Games
I wouldn't mind a promo code for your game. it looks pretty sweet and all the reviews are very positive. I'll PM you!

squarezero
01-20-2010, 01:44 AM
it's ok. Rich is a regular here in the forums. I have witnessed MUCH worse from complete morons here. I think he just might be frustrated about all the GTA talk. Idk. But I understand. I know what u mean. Usually, u just have to ignore it (unless is a sterotypical or racist comment- I experienced one today with some scum bag who called Jews cheap) but usually that stuff doesn't happen. There are also a lot of immature/ annoying people you have to look out for. I won't name anyone but when u see it, it kinda just funny to laugh at their immaturity. In addition, lots of people here think they can boss everyone else around. Idk, just an observation. But there are some cool people on this site who will take the time to help you out if u have any questions in the forums while other jerks will just tell u to look it up and post a link to wikipedia lol.
I was the jerk who sent starmonkey101 to wikipedia. To my defense, he was asking for someone to explain to him what GTA games are all about. But he's right, that was a bit hostile. Please consider this an apology.

eyemh8
01-20-2010, 02:02 AM
I was the jerk who sent starmonkey101 to wikipedia. To my defense, he was asking for someone to explain to him what GTA games are all about. But he's right, that was a bit hostile. Please consider this an apology.

thanks and just just to be clear here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apology)

squarezero
01-20-2010, 02:32 AM
thanks and just just to be clear here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apology)
Very cute. ;)

Hmar9333
01-20-2010, 02:37 AM

Which one am I? O_o

ultimo
01-20-2010, 02:49 AM
Contribute or get lost. Thanks.
Right into the Siggy! :D

I am Glad that Doodle army is Doing pretty well.

Back to Topic!
Swapper (http://appshopper.com/games/swapper-the-rolling-ball-machine) ?

rich_952000
01-20-2010, 02:52 AM
Yeah, I'm almost sick with logging onto TA and feeling as though I'm on a third-party Rockstar fanboy site. I apologised to the STP guy, but also I feel the two trolls from that competitor site come here to stir the pot sometimes. I may be wrong, but ultimately I'm just having a bad day.

ultimo
01-20-2010, 03:00 AM
I may be wrong, but ultimately I'm just having a bad day.
Hey Richie, U'll be fine!
Wht U did was put it across in SIMPLE words without much addo

Another game affected - Parcel Panic (http://appshopper.com/games/parcel-panic-post-car-racer-3d)

starmonkey101
01-20-2010, 06:16 AM

Lol it's ok. Some are more patient than others. :p

S.I.D. CrAzY
01-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Had no idea Comet Racer was out, thanks for this thread! :)

starmonkey101
01-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Had no idea Comet Racer was out, thanks for this thread! :)
:p
Ur welcome

starmonkey101
01-20-2010, 02:21 PM
i want to mention battle blasters and horrible vikings again cuz they are both amazing and are not getting the attention they deserve:)

jak56
01-20-2010, 02:38 PM
i'll have to say doodle army and comet racer. they're the games i play most nowadays

starmonkey101
01-20-2010, 02:41 PM
i'll have to say doodle army and comet racer. they're the games i play most nowadays

why does donut games always have similar graphics and stuff. like same UI and everything:confused:

drelbs
01-20-2010, 03:03 PM
why does donut games always have similar graphics and stuff. like same UI and everything:confused:

They just do. ;) If you like one of their games, you'll like a majority of them.
Comet Racer breaks the mold the most with it's GAME OVER, which many of their games don't have...

Both great games!

i want to mention battle blasters and horrible vikings again cuz they are both amazing and are not getting the attention they deserve:)

+2 Horrible Vikings, I love this game to pieces!
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4459/horriblevikingsa.gif
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4831/horriblevikingsb.gif
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/8630/horriblevikingsc.gif
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3953/horriblevikingsd.gif

dogmeat
01-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I'm almost sick with logging onto TA and feeling as though I'm on a third-party Rockstar fanboy site. I apologised to the STP guy, but also I feel the two trolls from that competitor site come here to stir the pot sometimes. I may be wrong, but ultimately I'm just having a bad day.

Go get battle blasters and forget about your GTA woes :)

starmonkey101
01-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Go get battle blasters and forget about your GTA woes :)

concurred.

Will090
01-20-2010, 03:43 PM

The STP guys are not trolls, they are honest members looking to discuss iPhone gaming. They have never seemed to try and stir stuff up, but I can see why you might think so from this thread.

Anyway back on topic I agree with Doodle Army, The Horrible Vikings, Parcel Panic, and Battle Blasters

dogmeat
01-20-2010, 03:45 PM
The STP guys are not trolls, they are honest members looking to discuss iPhone gaming. They have never seemed to try and stir stuff up, but I can see why you might think so from this thread.

Anyway back on topic I agree with Doodle Army, The Horrible Vikings, Parcel Panic, and Battle Blasters

the STP guys lost a lot of cred in my eyes, especially when phil let everyone know he was just an anus teenager.

jak56
01-20-2010, 03:46 PM
what? how old? 15?

whats wrong with that?

SarcasticGamer
01-20-2010, 04:32 PM

There are a thousand threads in TA and only one is dedicated to GTA plus some minor threads which can't be avoided, so how can you be 'sick and felt like your on a third party rockstar fanboy site'? I personally believed that Minigore/Eliminate/nova and a slew of other games are more hyped than Gta and not half as good!

swishinj
01-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Dawn of the Dead. It's an alright game, and a lot more fun once you get used to the controls. And it just so happened to come out RIGHT after GTA.

Payback
Car Jack Streets
Payback is pretty fun, lacks GTA graphics and story mode.
CJS is ok, nice story, lacking in graphics.
Gangstar sucks.
2012 ZOMBIES VS ALIENS

This game is so much fun. Trenches is not as good as this new release ADD THIS TO LIST!!!!!!!!!
I don't think anyone really wants to be reminded of those :rolleyes: LOL

i want to make a list of the great games that have arrived in the past few days/weeks that are being overshadowed by grand theft auto. this thread is for me and everyone who doesnt have GTA as well as everyone who has been too busy with GTA to focus on other apps. i want to ensure that all of the devs (mostly indie) who make these wonderful games are getting the appreciation the deserve without feeling overwhelmed by the eclipse GTA has cast over the app store

so i will start us off.

the horrible vikings
battle blasters
doodle bomb
danger cats
are you alright?
sword and poker
bird strike
infinity project

if you have any more, please share. i as well as many others would like to knowGood idea, i like guys like u who like (and respect) indie awesomness, GTA is still fun as hell, but these are just as good

swishinj
01-20-2010, 05:35 PM
yeah, i'm almost sick with logging onto ta and feeling as though i'm on a third-party rockstar fanboy site. I apologised to the stp guy, but also i feel the two trolls from that competitor site come here to stir the pot sometimes. I may be wrong, but ultimately i'm just having a bad day.

lol!

Hmar9333
01-20-2010, 05:53 PM
You are in the minority.

sid187
01-20-2010, 05:53 PM
i hate to admit it but i bought most of these before gta. they were not over shadowed.. if you were reading anything besides the first three threads.

chris.

starmonkey101
01-20-2010, 06:54 PM
i hate to admit it but i bought most of these before gta. they were not over shadowed.. if you were reading anything besides the first three threads.

chris.

I believe they are. Don't get me wrong, GTA is probably an amazing game for what i've heard, but most of the games that have been mentioned here, haven't seen the light of the top 100 when everyone knows they deserve it. Most people that are idevice users don't visit gaming sites such as tA, they simply browse the top 100 and look at farmiliar titles or devs (mostly big name devs). When they see the critically acclaimed GTA at the top, they go directly to it. And with the price of GTA along with it's amount of content, they don't bother to search for other games that are not as well known. It also takes more effort to find lesser known games even when we know they might be just as good as GTA. in addition, GTA is the first game ever (I believe) to be featured on the iTunes homepage.

anyone agree?

starmonkey101
01-20-2010, 09:25 PM

STP? standardized temperature and pressure?:confused:

AgentOrange
01-20-2010, 09:45 PM
I believe they are. Don't get me wrong, GTA is probably an amazing game for what i've heard, but most of the games that have been mentioned here, haven't seen the light of the top 100 when everyone knows they deserve it. Most people that are idevice users don't visit gaming sites such as tA, they simply browse the top 100 and look at farmiliar titles or devs (mostly big name devs). When they see the critically acclaimed GTA at the top, they go directly to it. And with the price of GTA along with it's amount of content, they don't bother to search for other games that are not as well known. It also takes more effort to find lesser known games even when we know they might be just as good as GTA. in addition, GTA is the first game ever (I believe) to be featured on the iTunes homepage.

anyone agree?

I disagree, these games are not really overshadowed as people who bought GTA, and yes that includes people from foreign countries who bought itunes card from ebay just to play this game, are buying this the game based on what they learned from the people who already have the psp and ds version. People who bought this are looking for a console quality game as opposed to a casual indy game.

starmonkey101
01-20-2010, 09:49 PM
I disagree, these games are not really overshadowed as people who bought GTA, and yes that includes people from foreign countries who bought itunes card from ebay just to play this game, are buying this the game based on what they learned from the people who already have the psp and ds version. People who bought this are looking for a console quality game as opposed to a casual indy game.

possibly. but that kinda still means that they are getting overshadowed:rolleyes: