PDA

View Full Version : Canada VS. USA: The Final Olympic Showdown

spidey146
02-28-2010, 04:45 PM
I know I made a main thread for the Olympics during the opening ceremonies but this deserves it's own thread: Canada let USA get a goal during the final hockey match with 24 seconds left and we are now going into overtime. Who will win? Only time will tell.

Sorry this is so rushed. What are your thoughts? I'm gonna go watch now.

Skate
02-28-2010, 04:49 PM
I know I made a main thread for the Olympics during the opening ceremonies but this deserves it's own thread: Canada let USA get a goal during the final hockey match with 24 seconds left and we are now going into overtime. Who will win? Only time will tell.

Sorry this is so rushed. What are your thoughts? I'm gonna go watch now.

US+Canada=NHL
It's hard to predict.

Vester
02-28-2010, 04:53 PM
US+Canada=NHL
It's hard to predict.
Canada won
Btw I see I'm in your sig :D

spidey146
02-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Canada won

Yep, Sid the KId scored in over-time :D.

What a way to end the Olympics, and it's my b-day (well technically in a week but still) so my whole family is here watching :D.

Joshn
02-28-2010, 05:03 PM
First ice hockey game i have ever watched. Well done Canada :)

Skate
02-28-2010, 05:04 PM

Yes.
That'll be $5 per day for rent.

KGameLover1
02-28-2010, 06:53 PM
DANGIT! I'm so mad that Canada won!

Will090
02-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Great Game, dissapointed the US lost though. Canada deserved the win though, it would have been devastating to them if they had lost their signature sport

Somerandomdude
02-28-2010, 07:02 PM
It was a bummer to see America lose, but it was a good game. I watched most of the 3rd period and overtime, and it was well played by both sides, so it wasn't a cheap win or anything. It was just a good shot between the pads, but for the majority of the game Miller did a great job as goalie.

Ok, I don't watch hockey, but I was really into that game.

mehware
02-28-2010, 07:03 PM
So Close USA...

Go Blackhawks!

Mew2468
02-28-2010, 08:20 PM
DANGIT! I'm so mad that Canada won!

I'm so happy Canada won. :D

organerito
02-28-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm so happy Canada won. :D

Me too:D

I am actually not Canadian, but my wife is, so I'll be soon.

Vester
02-28-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm from the USA and I'm glad Canadians won. They deserved it :D I felt really bad for the goalie of the USA though. That shot he let through was an easy one and he knew it. He was named MVP of the entire tournament but he was still very disapointed in the interview after. I saw him on the closing ceremony and he was happy and smiling and wearing his silver proudly. Silver is nothing to be ashamed of. As for Canada gold is great!

freedog
02-28-2010, 10:19 PM
It seemed like throughout all the hockey games the USA played it was maybe 4 players carrying the whole team and the rest weren't doing shit.

CaptainAwesome
02-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm from the USA and I'm glad Canadians won. They deserved it :D I felt really bad for the goalie of the USA though. That shot he let through was an easy one and he knew it. He was named MVP of the entire tournament but he was still very disapointed in the interview after. I saw him on the closing ceremony and he was happy and smiling and wearing his silver proudly. Silver is nothing to be ashamed of. As for Canada gold is great!

Yeah, Miller definitely deserved the MVP. I didn't really appreciate the press hounding him like they did after the loss; I mean, he realizes he lost the game for them (well, speaking from a transient point of view). Must you ask questions about how he feels and whether or not this was expected?

Anyways, good job to Canada. The game was played very well on both sides (well, some US players were lackluster, but overall a very good performance).

I love how Canadian athletes got no gold medals at home before, but now suddenly has fourteen under their belts. Stellar Olympics this time around.

The prez 12521
02-28-2010, 10:52 PM
It seemed like throughout all the hockey games the USA played it was maybe 4 players carrying the whole team and the rest weren't doing shit.

EXACTLY! canada kept trying, USA was like...uh...ok...ill get the puck....shit shoulda been paying attention. Cept the goalie

freedog
02-28-2010, 10:56 PM
EXACTLY! canada kept trying, USA was like...uh...ok...ill get the puck....shit shoulda been paying attention. Cept the goalie

yeah its almost as if they were expecting the victory to fall on their lap as fate or something, instead of going all out aggressive. I will however give all credit to some players like Miller, Parise, Kane... some guys did their job but the rest just shouldn't have been included on the team and replaced.

The prez 12521
02-28-2010, 10:57 PM
yeah its almost as if they were expecting the victory to fall on their lap as fate or something, instead of going all out aggressive. I will however give all credit to some players like Miller, Parise, Kane... some guys did their job but the rest just shouldn't have been included on the team and replaced.

i know! Some did awesome, well others were just like.............blurppppp.........its coold

Random_Guy
03-01-2010, 03:35 AM
If Australia had ice, we would have won.