PDA

View Full Version : To Do app?

Gadm
02-28-2010, 10:33 PM
I need a good and easy to manage To Do app, with due date and notifications.
I was looking at Todo, Things and 2Do, which I think they are overpriced, but if they are worth it I don't mind spending 10 bucks.
Any suggestions?

Deewin
02-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I need a good and easy to manage To Do app, with due date and notifications.
I was looking at Todo, Things and 2Do, which I think they are overpriced, but if they are worth it I don't mind spending 10 bucks.
Any suggestions?

Things works best when synced to the MAC client, which costs about 50 bucks.

I love TODO because I used to use this todo method called GTD through a free todo web client called Toodledo and it offers tags, lists and contexts with a good UI

2DO is an awesome todo list manager too with a much prettier (deleted todo's get crumpled up and float away) and almost apple like UI. It doesn't offer contexts though but I think the UI in this looks the best. The notification noises on 2DO sound much more pleasant and don't require you to provide an e-mail address like TODO.

I say try the lite versions of TODO and 2DO too see what you like better and I think those are the 2 best iphone todo list managers right now. I actually moved on to the much simpler google task web interface myself because it's much faster (since i use gmail) and i found my self configuring the todos in TODO/2DO way too much than actually getting things done heh.

abbad0n
03-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Take a look at Smart Tasks by Left Coast Logic. Or it's bigger brother Smart Time Organizer which includes everything the other has and more. They also offer more limited free versions to see if you like it first. I prefer using LCL's app more then TODO and 2DO, but see for yourself like Deewin said.

d1
03-01-2010, 01:58 AM
I've been using eTodo..Its pretty good.

organerito
03-01-2010, 04:15 AM
I have most of them, Todo, Smart time, Toddledo, Ultimate todos, 2Do, etodo....etc.

I like the best 2Do. It is very pleasant and it has most of the features of Todo which is great. It now syncs to Mac, Outlook and Tooddledo. Pocket Informant is also very good and it combines a todo app and a calendar. It syncs with Google and Toodledo.

RttaM
03-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Get Appigo's ToDo for the iPod Touch and iPhone It syncs with your Mac and puts your Tasks into the Mail client and iCal.

Gadm
03-01-2010, 02:43 PM
I have most of them, Todo, Smart time, Toddledo, Ultimate todos, 2Do, etodo....etc.

I like the best 2Do. It is very pleasant and it has most of the features of Todo which is great. It now syncs to Mac, Outlook and Tooddledo. Pocket Informant is also very good and it combines a todo app and a calendar. It syncs with Google and Toodledo.

Mmm downloaded the lites and 2Do's interface is simply beatiful. Todo seems very professional. Does 2Do's notifications and sync works efficiently?

starjimstar
03-01-2010, 02:58 PM

I like the best 2Do. It is very pleasant and it has most of the features of Todo which is great. It now syncs to Mac, Outlook and Tooddledo...

I agree. I have also tried every GTD app in the store. The perfect fit for my workflow has not come along yet but 2Do is close. My major problem is that it can't handle reoccurring reminders (for example; time to take pills) even though there is an option to repeat an alarm. I get a notification on the first day and then never again. Oh well, it does have a lot of features and the interface is yummy to my eyes.

Gadm
03-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Do you think 2Do is worth its current price? I am in the fence

Deewin
03-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Do you think 2Do is worth its current price? I am in the fence

Have you tried the lite version? I bought 2do for toodledo web syncing and it was worth it for me. The functionally is great and it's probably the most visually appealing (i've used boring looking ones and it's not the same experience) task manager in the app store. I think it's a good purchase if you plan on using this app often.

Gadm
03-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Have you tried the lite version? I bought 2do for toodledo web syncing and it was worth it for me. The functionally is great and it's probably the most visually appealing (i've used boring looking ones and it's not the same experience) task manager in the app store. I think it's a good purchase if you plan on using this app often.

yes I tried the lite version at it is pretty damn 'good looking', just wondering if the sync and 25+ tasks are worth 7 bucks, if they are, it is fine