PDA

View Full Version : Ragdoll Blaster 2: Tips, Hints and Screenshots

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

Bob Murphy
05-20-2010, 10:43 PM
I just got Geared Up in 1 by getting the legs stuck immediately, then waiting 2.5 hours for the body to go through, and then less than 30 minutes for the head to go through.

Bob

It took mine two hrs to go through, I know other people got it in 15 minutes, I know one guy it took seven hrs. PM me if you think you're on the wrong track but it seems like you're on the right one.

chatsss
05-21-2010, 12:47 AM
I just got Geared Up in 1 by getting the legs stuck immediately, then waiting 2.5 hours for the body to go through, and then less than 30 minutes for the head to go through.

Bob

Thanks for confirming guys, unfortunatelly I just pulled the trigger after 3 hrs on my setup before I read these posts. Will leave this on for the night, that should be more than enough, I guess!

On a different note, I am assuming you all have tried the giving-it-a-lot-of-time tactics on Turnabout too. Once the doll's head went through, I think I had left it for about half an hour (surely not more) and had given up. Somehow it didnt seem like the doll would (with time) slip through the reverse spinning thingy.

Foxtail2010
05-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks for confirming guys, unfortunatelly I just pulled the trigger after 3 hrs on my setup before I read these posts. Will leave this on for the night, that should be more than enough, I guess!

On a different note, I am assuming you all have tried the giving-it-a-lot-of-time tactics on Turnabout too. Once the doll's head went through, I think I had left it for about half an hour (surely not more) and had given up. Somehow it didnt seem like the doll would (with time) slip through the reverse spinning thingy.

GU: I had to leave it overnight.. it took 4-6 hours. It didn't look like it would ever go thru.
Turnabout: yup, that theory's been floating about. Do it, be the first! (I think)

quasimentalist
05-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Anyone ever get a head stuck through wall below button in turnabout?

chatsss
05-21-2010, 03:44 PM
GU: I had to leave it overnight.. it took 4-6 hours. It didn't look like it would ever go thru.
Turnabout: yup, that theory's been floating about. Do it, be the first! (I think)

Finally got it after losing sleep for most of the night. Set it up around midnight and was checking on it periodically until 3.30 am after which I finally dozed off (thankfully). Was done by 7.30 am when I checked next so took anywhere between 4 to 6 hrs.
The thing about this level which surprises me is why time plays a role. Its not like the pressure on the doll keeps mounting nor is it a function of time like the crawling levels. It just keeps bobbing around for most part in a seemingly random manner. I would love to see what finally makes it go through; my guess is that it is built into the level (like the turbo speed in Q) that the doll shall receive entry after x time where 15 mins < x < 7 hrs (random function on x)

qambler
05-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Ok -- valid point -- but -- truthfully -- did it occur that way -- or did you use the 2nd cannon? :)

I did not use the second cannon to get the doll there!

chatsss
05-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Would love some recommendations at this point. Which three would you suggest I try next:

1. Mega Ramp in 2: I know its a matter of time here, I have been hitting the spot just not getting the result

2. Son of Flex in 10 (or should I go for 11 first since I have a 12): Havent even got a shot for 10 or 11 yet.

3. Jail Gaurd in 1 (cough cough): I have been agonizingly close but thats no surprise

4. Breaking and Entering in 2: Have got the setup quite a few times w/o the results

5. Cannon Happy in 2: Have not got a doll up there in the limited time I have spent on this one

6. Twins in 2: Have got the dolls head to stick through the wall but have not been able to to make the target fall down in one shot

7. Twins 2 in 1: Have not been able to get the target over with the right timing. It mostly falls down, never gets the distance

8. Gearhouse of Horrors in 4: When I read the tip, it looked simple. Not sure what full force on the 3rd doll means, thought. Only thing I can think of is a rechoquet, no luck so far.

and then there is...

9. Wheeler Dealer in 17
10. Big Wheel in 24

and I am not going to mention Grinder 2 from 7 to 6 :o

Btw I broke into the top 20 for the first time today (at least until a few hrs back) so that is a great feeling! :)

Sproughton
05-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Is the doll in GU squeezing through the 2 middle wheels?

Frizzler
05-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Is the doll in GU squeezing through the 2 middle wheels?

Not in one it isn't

sjmcdowall
05-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I did not use the second cannon to get the doll there!

Cool shot then indeed!!

I vote Q for next one :)

Phantom X
05-21-2010, 05:42 PM
I vote for Q.

Bob Murphy
05-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Here's a third vote for Q.

Bob

qambler
05-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Has anyone read The Code Book by Simon Singh? What a coincidence, the team that cracked the code challenge is Swedish… :)

x^5-465*x^4+85745*x^3-7838475*x^2+355335714*x=6392426040

Falcon 16
05-21-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm really curious how ski jump was an easy three ... I think it should be easy, but the technique I'm using clearly isn't working. I try to barely drop it over the top block and it falls too far to the right. I try to shoot it high enough that it skims the right side of the top block on the way down, and it falls too far to the right. And the times I think I shot it just right (lay it on the top block and let it fall off), it misses, but I can't see why because it's out of sight by then (and I think some of the dolls disappear when the canon gets too far away). I'm frustrated on an easy leve (but then I'm also only RIP 336 at the moment).

Frizzler
05-21-2010, 06:30 PM
I can't remember how I got ski jump in 3 but I think I might've shot it into the ice, it slid up at just the right speed and went over to the target, worth a shot if the other two methods aren't working.

Foxtail2010
05-21-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm really curious how ski jump was an easy three ... I think it should be easy, but the technique I'm using clearly isn't working. I try to barely drop it over the top block and it falls too far to the right. I try to shoot it high enough that it skims the right side of the top block on the way down, and it falls too far to the right. And the times I think I shot it just right (lay it on the top block and let it fall off), it misses, but I can't see why because it's out of sight by then (and I think some of the dolls disappear when the canon gets too far away). I'm frustrated on an easy leve (but then I'm also only RIP 336 at the moment).

Ski Jump was really hard for me, too. I tried the same ways for a long time, then eventually got it the way Frizz described. **Luck was required. Betcha get it by the time I send this post.?? The frustrated complainer strategy often does the trick. LOL

** in my case

chatsss
05-21-2010, 07:19 PM

In my case I spent hours on this trying to shoot the doll in the air at the highest point of the canon (to get a stable shot) but eventually realized that the target must be on screen for the hit. Once I switched strategy (as others have described), I found it quite easy - shot a doll into the ice as the canon was on its way up so that the doll just about made over the top and slid down while the canon was starting to make its way back. I think taking the shot while the canon is on its way up is the key.

Falcon 16
05-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Ski Jump was really hard for me, too. I tried the same ways for a long time, then eventually got it the way Frizz described. **Luck was required. Betcha get it by the time I send this post.?? The frustrated complainer strategy often does the trick. LOL

** in my case
Thanks folks ... you are right ... when I took just a slightly different approach, it didn't take more than a half dozen shots to figure out the right timing / strength. But at RIP 334, I obviously still have a lot of work left to do.

lechouille
05-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Has anyone read The Code Book by Simon Singh? What a coincidence, the team that cracked the code challenge is Swedish… :)

x^5-465*x^4+85745*x^3-7838475*x^2+355335714*x=6392426040

The solutions of this equation are 110, 81, 117, 73, 84.
I don't understand you Q.

Bammy
05-22-2010, 05:00 AM
The solutions of this equation are 110, 81, 117, 73, 84.
I don't understand you Q.

Its ACSII.

110(n), 81(Q), 117(u), 73(I), 84(T)

I'm assuming he is talking about Quintesson.

sjmcdowall
05-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Its ACSII.

Well done Bammy -- I was going to do the ASCII thing this morning -- I ate something bad yesterday and -- well -- never mind ... :)

Here is a reference for those interested in it --

http://www.asciitable.com/

It basically the codes for how a computer deals with textual data -- it would have been a BIT harder if Q would have used Unicode instead and had some funky character translations (like using umlauts and such things) -- but all in all -- a very nice reasonable puzzle Q!

Soo -- Quint it is -- and we know there is no waiting (per se) -- seems like Dr. Vedder had it right --

Of course -- I've been trying this for 2 days now -- about 1000+ resets and still no luck -- so knowing it -- and doing it - - are still quite different! :)

I've had the block move right 3 times --- but not near enough force -- and only had a doll in position once -- so the other 2 were just to see ) ...

I am sure we'll have the superior finger guys on it and get some confirmation in a day or two .. LOL ..

Foxtail2010
05-22-2010, 07:30 AM
Its ACSII.

Nice Bammy, I say that looks like the answer. You get the prize. What's the prize, q?
QuInT-esson .. and just curious why the upper case I T?

sjmcdowall
05-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Nice Bammy, I say that looks like the answer. You get the prize. What's the prize, q?

The prize should be telling me (as the person who verified it) the method used ... LOL .. :)

guardgirl2011
05-22-2010, 03:56 PM
i need help completing level 9.15 (bomb interceptor) and level b.4 (octonundrum). can anyone help me with these? thanks!

sjmcdowall
05-22-2010, 06:33 PM
i need help completing level 9.15 (ball interceptor) and level b.4 (octonundrum). can anyone help me with these? thanks!

9.15 BOMB I -- its a hard shot THROUGH the wood to hit the target ...

B.4 -- LOL -- I haven't worked on the bonus levels much since they don't count in the total score -- mine is 2 here .. :)

Foxtail2010
05-22-2010, 09:27 PM
9.15 BOMB I -- its a hard shot THROUGH the wood to hit the target ...

B.4 -- LOL -- I haven't worked on the bonus levels much since they don't count in the total score -- mine is 2 here .. :)

LOL I have no score on bonus. Haven't even opened any beyond level 1. What's the point?

Falcon 16
05-23-2010, 10:22 PM
It took mine two hrs to go through, I know other people got it in 15 minutes, I know one guy it took seven hrs. PM me if you think you're on the wrong track but it seems like you're on the right one.
Through where?

mj3k
05-23-2010, 10:38 PM
ive been struggling with crusher for a while..everytime i get my doll facing the right way he crawls for a while and then just stops before he gets past the trap door...any tips or help would be greatly appreciated

TascoKid
05-23-2010, 11:31 PM
mj - I don't think there's a special technique to get crusher, you just have to keep pounding away until you get the right combination of crawl speed and target drop timing.

Foxtail2010
05-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Hey qambler, what happened to the Steel doll hints/TOTD stuff? How about a confirmation of the correct answer to your last puzzle? Would be great to have some followup, comments, tips, screencaps, whatever. Is Vayd's the same method you used? Help us out please.

Vayduh
05-24-2010, 08:50 AM
mj - I don't think there's a special technique to get crusher, you just have to keep pounding away until you get the right combination of crawl speed and target drop timing.

Yep make sure you just hit the stick under the block a little so it takes enough time to wiggle out that the doll will be under the target and you are sorted.

Vayduh
05-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Hey qambler, what happened to the Steel doll hints/TOTD stuff? How about a confirmation of the correct answer to your last puzzle? Would be great to have some followup, comments, tips, screencaps, whatever. Is Vayd's the same method you used? Help us out please.

I still wonder too.

I can see qambler, Phantom X, and sjm all have 30 now so someone has it right? I wonder if all three subbed in the same level? lol

I'm just back from a camping weekend so its interesting to see the posts :P

sjmcdowall
05-24-2010, 09:28 AM

Agreed! Didn't the the ToTD / hints would be gone!!

sjmcdowall
05-24-2010, 09:29 AM
I still wonder too.

I can see qambler, Phantom X, and sjm all have 30 now so someone has it right? I wonder if all three subbed in the same level? lol

I'm just back from a camping weekend so its interesting to see the posts :P

Oh little doubt X/q have it -- I do not . :)

Mtblegend
05-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Hi
Got score down to 266 but am still having real trouble with Son of Flex, the current lowest appears to be 8 but i can only achieve it in 11, i just cant see how its possible in any less
i get to the target in 9 (sometimes) and it takes me 2 shots to actually hit it.

Furthermore, i am also having difficulties completing Gearhouse of Horrors in 4, i am only able to get it in a 5. Any assistance would be glorious...

Kt22
05-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Wasn't the ToTD all about figuring out which Steel doll was shaved? It seems like we've solved the puzzle, so what else is expected from qambler? I was pretty impressed with that last clue, by the way. Can anyone explain to me how to solve that equation, it's been too long since I took a math class? Even more impressively, how did q take the 5 ASCII inputs and create an equation that has exactly those 5 solutions?

I suppose people are still itching for some additional help with Quintesson. Obviously, it involves pushing both buttons in the correct order with the correct timing. It seems impossible that it will ever work, since the bomb blast gets the ice moving the wrong direction long before the ball gets to it.

By the way, did people already know what a Quintesson is? I looked it up to see if it's a real word, I assumed it was just a play on quintessence. Apparently Quintessons are fictional aliens from the Transformers universe. Not sure why that's the name of the level...

Kt22
05-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi
Got score down to 266 but am still having real trouble with Son of Flex, the current lowest appears to be 8 but i can only achieve it in 11, i just cant see how its possible in any less
i get to the target in 9 (sometimes) and it takes me 2 shots to actually hit it.

Furthermore, i am also having difficulties completing Gearhouse of Horrors in 4, i am only able to get it in a 5. Any assistance would be glorious...

SoF is a SOB. I have 11 also, and I don't think I have the patience to lower my score. The trick to a 10 or lower is hitting the target with a single perfect shot, hard towards the upper right. It knocks over the hedges and then the doll falls onto the target. This is a very difficult shot that I have practiced many times and still am only about 20% to make. I thought I found the perfect spot, but then it seemed like it stopped working for me. I wonder if anybody found a more reliable shot that reduces frustration...

For scores lower than 10, you need to knock down the Stalk of Doom with a straight shot, and have the stalk fall to the left over the cannon. The cannon will eventually crawl to the target. Apparently people have gotten the stalk to fall over after just 7 total dolls fired. This requires some combination of extreme patience, skill, and Ragdoll voodoo.

Foxtail2010
05-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Wasn't the ToTD all about figuring out which Steel doll was shaved? It seems like we've solved the puzzle, so what else is expected from qambler? I was pretty impressed with that last clue, by the way. Can anyone explain to me how to solve that equation, it's been too long since I took a math class? Even more impressively, how did q take the 5 ASCII inputs and create an equation that has exactly those 5 solutions?

I suppose people are still itching for some additional help with Quintesson. Obviously, it involves pushing both buttons in the correct order with the correct timing. It seems impossible that it will ever work, since the bomb blast gets the ice moving the wrong direction long before the ball gets to it.

By the way, did people already know what a Quintesson is? I looked it up to see if it's a real word, I assumed it was just a play on quintessence. Apparently Quintessons are fictional aliens from the Transformers universe. Not sure why that's the name of the level...

I know one dolla that plugged the equation into Wolfram Alpha and got the answers. Maybe q will come back and tell us the answer to your ASCII/equation question ... hmmm q?

Yes, we're always itching for hints, that's what the thread's about. And yes, some people have done the impossible (aren't we always saying that?) gotten the ice block to move right, but so far without enough speed to get all the way to the button. Yup, we've been here before with that blasted ice block. HA!

Heard the Transformers/Quintesson reference but it didn't seem helpful at the time to solve the puzzle... turns out it wasn't. And apparently q's silence has now confirmed Q.

Doll on!

Vayduh
05-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Not only can you get the ice block to move right with two dolls but about 1 in every gazilion tries it will move right with just one doll. :o

qambler
05-24-2010, 02:58 PM

Exaclty! The hints were to figure out the level, so nothing else is expected from me! :)

To create the equation is easy. Just expand (x-81)*(x-117)*(x-73)*(x-110)*(x-84) to get the polynomial (which of course works for any order).

A polynomial of order 5 is called a “quintic polynomial” (so even that was a small clue).

Abel's Impossibility Theorem states that polynomial equations higher than fourth degree are incapable of algebraic solution in terms of a finite number of additions, subtractions, multiplications, divisions, and root extractions.

The easiest way of finding the 5 solutions is to just search for them using a computer. The straight forward way is to just to check the equation for all x until you find 5 that works. However, there are many computer programs and algorithms that does this for you.

Foxtail2010
05-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Exaclty! The hints were to figure out the level, so nothing else is expected from me! :)

To create the equation is easy. Just expand (x-81)*(x-117)*(x-73)*(x-110)*(x-84) to get the polynomial (which of course works for any order).

A polynomial of order 5 is called a “quintic polynomial” (so even that was a small clue).

Abel's Impossibility Theorem states that polynomial equations higher than fourth degree are incapable of algebraic solution in terms of a finite number of additions, subtractions, multiplications, divisions, and root extractions.

The easiest way of finding the 5 solutions is to just search for them using a computer. The straight forward way is to just to check the equation for all x until you find 5 that works. However, there are many computer programs and algorithms that does this for you.

Well now, foxes aren't known for being great math minds.. so this flies right by a little bushy-tailed quad... still it's fun to keep the discussion alive, no? Thanks, q!

Frizzler
05-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I think they named it because the little square doodad transforms it's surface

ice block right in one (seriously Vay?)

Vayduh
05-24-2010, 07:09 PM
I think they named it because the little square doodad transforms it's surface

ice block right in one (seriously Vay?)

VERY serious - but anyone who gets Q in 1 will be godly - it will be the craziest shot in the game. It's a fluke and to get everything else to happen as it needs to will be nigh on impossible but I have had the iceblock move right with one doll :(

I for one will not be chasing that one though.

And while we are here - q you might as well say if the mthod I've been using was the one you used or did you do it differently?

I know my way is possible as I've had all the indivudal pieces work in different attempts just not all together - but it would be interesting if you had done it differently as there are still other possibilities that I've not fully explored that would at least be feasible to spend some time on - if the current method I' know will work gets too laborious.

Kt22
05-24-2010, 07:31 PM
On Quintesson:

Has anyone ever gotten the button pushed without using the ice block? The first time I ever completed this level I somehow did it without using the ice. Unfortunately I don't really know how it happened. I was just shooting hundreds of dolls randomly to see if I could push the button (I didn't even realize there was an ice block on the level at that point, since it had disappeared from the screen). That was how I got my 999 score for that level, lol. Unless the game automatically lets you win after you've fired 999 dolls....

Doc
05-24-2010, 07:45 PM
if the current method I' know will work gets too laborious.

It hasn't yet?

puujee
05-24-2010, 07:49 PM
I got Quintesson by 37 dolls without ice block. Unfortunately I don't know how it happened.

Frizzler
05-24-2010, 08:00 PM
I got Quintesson by 37 dolls without ice block. Unfortunately I don't know how it happened.

That's funny, the first time I ever got quintesson it was with 30 dolls and I don't know how it happened, and there was no ice block involved either

Vayduh
05-24-2010, 10:24 PM
That's funny, the first time I ever got quintesson it was with 30 dolls and I don't know how it happened, and there was no ice block involved either

Way back i was trying to get a doll up beside the target then explode a bomb ball ontop of another bomb ball - that sends the bomb ball up through the floors and pipes. The plan was to hit the doll planted on top and blow it into the target. I never managed it.

Another thing I tried to do was toss a bomb ball and just as it explodes toss a doll up and try to get the explosion to knock it up and left onto the top pice of floor. The idea was that it would crawl left and then get blown out by the pipe on the correct side for the target in 2. I never did have the patience to see if that method was possible :P Not sure if I will now that I know the other way is at least possible.

Just saying that these were the other two methods that seemed plausible (to me) and neither involves using the ice block.

I've never managed to trigger the button with either type of ball and have had a direct hit with both

BillT
05-25-2010, 01:27 AM
I've never managed to trigger the button with either type of ball and have had a direct hit with both

Me too. I've hit that button hard and soft and dead on several times with a ball and it was like the button was on a different layer from the ball.

fergburger
05-25-2010, 04:08 AM
And am on 499!

still need to shave of a small 200

...eek
:D

p.s just saying hi

Vayduh
05-25-2010, 06:09 AM
And am on 499!

still need to shave of a small 200

...eek
:D

p.s just saying hi

hi.

Go through this thread and you will knock off most of that if you want to.

There are only 1800+ posts to go through. Lol

(does any other game have more I wonder?)

mj3k
05-25-2010, 11:32 AM
hey everyone. im down to rip 275..im really trying to shave some dolls to get on the leaderboard..i see dominoter is a 2 in red..any tips? i assume you have to wait for a while like the 3 shot..is it a ricohet off the last domino?

Vayduh
05-25-2010, 12:34 PM
hey everyone. im down to rip 275..im really trying to shave some dolls to get on the leaderboard..i see dominoter is a 2 in red..any tips? i assume you have to wait for a while like the 3 shot..is it a ricohet off the last domino?

You have MUCH easier dolls to cut before you want to be thinking about that one, MUCH MUCH easier. I think maybe only 1 person has it at the moment.

BillT
05-25-2010, 02:39 PM
You have MUCH easier dolls to cut before you want to be thinking about that one, MUCH MUCH easier. I think maybe only 1 person has it at the moment.

I will be trying for the 2 in Dominoter tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.

sjmcdowall
05-25-2010, 03:01 PM

A most definite good luck to you Bill!!!!

Foxtail2010
05-25-2010, 04:56 PM

You GO Bill!!

Sproughton
05-25-2010, 05:17 PM
What's the trick to it in 2 then? Didn't notice it was a 2, thought the 3 was annoying enough

puujee
05-25-2010, 07:36 PM

Good luck Bill.

Falcon 16
05-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Through where?
For what it's worth ... I had a doll stuck where I think it needs to be, with the feet and body all the way through, with the head waiting to squeeze through ... for over 18 hours. Finally gave up and will try again. Guess I have fat dolls!

Vayduh
05-25-2010, 08:30 PM

I have my fingers crossed - don't you cross yours. Shoot true.

Vayduh
05-25-2010, 08:31 PM
What's the trick to it in 2 then? Didn't notice it was a 2, thought the 3 was annoying enough

lol - put it this way - I will NEVER be doing that level in 2.

jayspence
05-26-2010, 12:59 AM
lol - put it this way - I will NEVER be doing that level in 2.

I tried it once and missed the shot. Don't know if I will again. In fact, I need to find some new doll motivation, period. I'm a bit tired trying to get those few dolls I'm missing and haven't played in a few days.

Foxtail2010
05-26-2010, 12:43 PM
I tried it once and missed the shot. Don't know if I will again. In fact, I need to find some new doll motivation, period. I'm a bit tired trying to get those few dolls I'm missing and haven't played in a few days.

Yeah I've missed it twice now. Brutal shot to make, unpredictable like SoF but way worse!

BillT
05-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Just missed for my third time.:mad:

quasimentalist
05-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Can someone pm me the method on this please

tomb_bfs
05-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Heads up! The newest update just got approved and should be showing up any time now. 5 more bonus levels are included.

BTW, next update we'll be adding a new leaderboard for these levels, too.

sjmcdowall
05-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Heads up! The newest update just got approved and should be showing up any time now. 5 more bonus levels are included.

Ah ha! Glad I went back and got Octo in 1 :)

Vayduh
05-26-2010, 04:15 PM

Hopefully there are more awards too. The ones included are redundant for most people becasue everyone who plays the game gets them all - very few are aspirational for long, especially when we are down at around the 250 doll mark. I think the highest award is for 800 dolls or something. You should have some other awards in for people to see what's possible. Still no good for most peolpe here but for new users it would be invaluable to know that there was something more to aim for.

sjmcdowall
05-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Hopefully there are more awards too. The ones included are redundant for most people becasue everyone who plays the game gets them all - very few are aspirational for long, especially when we are down at around the 250 doll mark. I think the highest award is for 800 dolls or something. You should have some other awards in for people to see what's possible. Still no good for most peolpe here but for new users it would be invaluable to know that there was something more to aim for.

I agree -- I personally think there should be awards for each room completed in the "lowest" reasonably possible score .. (or close anyway) .. they could use our page 1 for the best possible current ones to start .. :)

qambler
05-26-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm not proud over my score, but at least I got all 10 levels! :)

The last 5 bonus levels are a bit harder than the first 5...

raidrsj
05-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Return of Flex? The Descent? WTF?

The first time my cannon dropped down to the lower level on The Descent, the camera didn't follow. I was like, "Uh...okay...where's the target?" Anyone else have this happen?

Sproughton
05-26-2010, 06:23 PM

The first time my cannon dropped down to the lower level on The Descent, the camera didn't follow. I was like, "Uh...okay...where's the target?" Anyone else have this happen?

Not that but on RoF I have it freezing without the ability to reset unless i change levels first

BillT
05-26-2010, 06:40 PM

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. I went to the first lower level and transferred to the other cannon. That cannon falls and you have to shoot right at the next cannon before you hit lava. Then you have to shoot the block down. Then you build a ramp. That's as far as I've been.

Vayduh
05-26-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. I went to the first lower level and transferred to the other cannon. That cannon falls and you have to shoot right at the next cannon before you hit lava. Then you have to shoot the block down. Then you build a ramp. That's as far as I've been.

Just wait - very psychedelic finish

Some nice levels to work on.

no attempt at efficiency gave me just over 200 LOL

EDIT: First single doll is easy but still 95 for last two levels LMAO

raidrsj
05-26-2010, 07:18 PM

I'm talking about when the 2nd cannon drops down the tube towards the lava, the cannon dropped, but the screen stayed on the top level.

quasimentalist
05-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Haha first run thru is 144 for bonus room. Really nice levels, think backflip teaching us a lesson for ridiculing their previous 5 bonus levels, and when they add it to the total could shake things up a bit.

raidrsj
05-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Just finished. That last level was crazy and the ending was psychadelic.

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz113/jasonmontez/Mobile%20Uploads/8cc88469.jpg

mj3k
05-26-2010, 07:33 PM
now that the bonus levels will be counting in the score im actually trying to lower them. any tips on getting this in 1. my doll comes close but never is in the right position to hot the target. gravity sucks him back down

Vayduh
05-26-2010, 08:33 PM
There are at least two ones in new rooms.

BillT
05-26-2010, 08:37 PM
I've decided to share my greatest discovery. I've shared it with a few of you and only one, PhantomX, has pulled it off. I've missed the shot 3 times.

While experimenting I managed to get the doll to drop down the gap between the domino and platform. The doll landed in a crouch with his feet towards the domino. I then noticed he crawled towards the domino. After 15 minutes or so the cannon had rolled left. I started taking screencaps to see if the doll was pushing the domino. Sure enough, the little dude is that strong. He pushed the domino and cannon all the way to the left. The problem is, it takes 72 hours and the shot ain't easy. If you go to far and shoot back at the target the domino is in the way. I've missed the shot 3 times. I even used The Force on the last shot and it didn't work. I wasn't able to let go of my feelings. I was afraid of missing. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, yada yada yoda.

I made this animated gif of my adventure. Good luck everyone. It takes a while just to get the doll into the crawl position so it's not a very fun level. Hit refresh if it isn't moving.

http://nurseslounge.com/lounge/Bill/Dominoter.gif

Phantom X
05-26-2010, 09:55 PM

I'm gonna predict there are ONLY two 1's in the new rooms.

Frizzler
05-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Anyone sub 50 yet?

qambler
05-26-2010, 10:09 PM

I'm gonna predict there are ONLY two 1's in the new rooms.

Rooms? I assume you mean is that there are only two 1s in the 5 latest levels in the Viridian room (there are many ones in the Viridian room)?

Frizzler
05-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Rooms? I assume you mean is that there are only two 1s in the 5 latest levels in the Viridian room (there are many ones in the Viridian room)?

Well duh

qambler
05-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Since many players already have Twins in 2 I can give the screencap to show where to aim for the first shot (instead of answering all messages individually as I promised). I tried it again, and I got it within 10 trials (that is what I meant by easy!).

Bob Murphy
05-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Since my iPhone screen shattered I guess I won't be able to try these new levels for a while. I'm hoping for new iPhones to be available soon as predicted.

That's cool about Dominoter. My strategy was to have a doll stay on the platform, have the cannon move left as you do when going for a 3, and then have the doll fall between the platform and first domino to force it to fall. It never worked for me.

Bob

BillT
05-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Since my iPhone screen shattered I guess I won't be able to try these new levels for a while. I'm hoping for new iPhones to be available soon as predicted.

That's cool about Dominoter. My strategy was to have a doll stay on the platform, have the cannon move left as you do when going for a 3, and then have the doll fall between the platform and first domino to force it to fall. It never worked for me.

Bob

On your stategy the doll can dangle between the platform and the domino. The fallen cannon pushes the domino to the right and when it gets to the doll and platform the cannon keeps pushing right until the domino falls over the cannon like the stalk in Son of Flex. That way won't work because the domino stays on top of the cannon all the way off the screen and there's never a shot. That's how I stumbled onto this.

Phantom X
05-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Anyone sub 50 yet?

You might not believe how far sub-50 I am :D

Frizzler
05-26-2010, 11:40 PM
You might not believe how far sub-50 I am :D

Well if you're not in single digits, then I believe it.

BillT
05-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Since my iPhone screen shattered I guess I won't be able to try these new levels for a while.

Did you throw it into the wall when you missed the shot for the 8 on Son of Flex or going for the one in Jail Guard?

qambler
05-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Did you throw it into the wall when you missed the shot for the 8 on Son of Flex or going for the one in Jail Guard?
Or maybe missed the 2 in Dominoter?

Bob Murphy
05-27-2010, 12:37 AM
No - I recently discovered that the iPhone can be used for things unrelated to ragdoll blaster. :-)

It fell during one of those non-ragdoll moments.

Bob

raidrsj
05-27-2010, 01:28 AM
2 words "Invisible Shield".

dSage
05-27-2010, 02:19 AM
Anyone sub 50 yet?
Greetings all and thanks to all posters' help with the advanced tutorial this thread offers newly addicted dollers. Managed to reach sub300 goal and now sub50 in bonus room. Not to keen on waiting levels, so after a couple more (execution) 1s I've been workin on, can finally put this game down.

Sproughton
05-27-2010, 04:52 AM
65 in quick run through in new room, the gravity level was/is doing my head in

Vayduh
05-27-2010, 05:04 AM
29 on Viridian and still loads more potential, especially on RoS - which is still double figures :(

raidrsj
05-27-2010, 05:11 AM
I've shot that little guy through the hole (swoosh, nothing but net), but he doesn't seem to break through that plank. The force is not strong with me. I'm hoping that if I whine about it I will actually get it in 2. Seems to work on other levels.

Vayduh
05-27-2010, 05:17 AM
I've shot that little guy through the hole (swoosh, nothing but net), but he doesn't seem to break through that plank. The force is not strong with me. I'm hoping that if I whine about it I will actually get it in 2. Seems to work on other levels.

A clean shot through the hole did not work for me. It had to clip the side so doll did a "Glesgae Kiss" on the plank.

raidrsj
05-27-2010, 05:32 AM
A clean shot through the hole did not work for me. It had to clip the side so doll did a "Glesgae Kiss" on the plank.

My ragdolls are going in for some street fighter training. They will be headbutting by tomorrow.

Vayduh
05-27-2010, 05:52 AM
29 on Viridian and still loads more potential, especially on RoS - which is still double figures :(

26 on Viridian

still only 1 level with one doll (for me, as Mr X says I think there are 2.)
still in double figures for RoS. (dolls should Always live offscreen :( )
and best of all no waiting strategies (for me at least) so far.

raidrsj
05-27-2010, 06:26 AM
Less than 1 hour after whining, my UFC ragdoll beat the snot out of that plank and I'm done. No more Mega Ramp. Whining works again!

RIP 257

Vayduh
05-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Less than 1 hour after whining, my UFC ragdoll beat the snot out of that plank and I'm done. No more Mega Ramp. Whining works again!

RIP 257

Whining and headbuts ftw.

Well done.

sjmcdowall
05-27-2010, 06:43 AM
With all the new excitement of the new levels -- this probably isn't much news but still ...

raidrsj
05-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Thanks Vayduh. If it wasn't you people on the boards (yourself, X, Q, Foxy, Bob, Bill, and others I've probably forgot) I would probably be at like 400 Thanks to all in the community.

Vayduh
05-27-2010, 07:03 AM
With all the new excitement of the new levels -- this probably isn't much news but still ...

Congrats

raidrsj
05-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Freaking awesome. You're the man. Unfortunately, X will probably be at 245 by sunrise here on the west coast. I love watching you guys put the pressure on.

Vayduh
05-27-2010, 07:42 AM
Sub 20 for the new levels and still quite a few dolls to drop IMO

raidrsj
05-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Okay community, these are the levels I know I need shaves on, however there are apparently a few I don't know of. Which level(s) do you feel will be the easiest shaves?

4.12 Dominoter (3) - uh...probably not this one.
5.6 Grinder 2 (7)
8.1 Wheeler Dealer (18)
9.3 Big Dipper (3) Toughest shot in the game, or so some say for a 1.
9.4 Son of Flex (11) Yeah I know I suck on this one. I HATE IT!
9.17 Quintesson (3) probably not here either, I'm only human.

sjmcdowall
05-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Okay community, these are the levels I know I need shaves on, however there are apparently a few I don't know of. Which level(s) do you feel will be the easiest shaves?

4.12 Dominoter (3) - uh...probably not this one.
5.6 Grinder 2 (7)
7.13 Gearhouse of horrors (5) - I still don't know the strategy on this one.
8.1 Wheeler Dealer (18)
9.3 Big Dipper (3) Toughest shot in the game, or so some say for a 1.
9.4 Son of Flex (11) Yeah I know I suck on this one. I HATE IT!
9.14 Fast Ball (3)
9.17 Quintesson (3) probably not here either, I'm only human.

7.13 I'd say .. should get that in about 30 minutes or less .. The rest .. are sort of tough .. :)

9.14 next maybe?

Vayduh
05-27-2010, 08:21 AM
7.13 I'd say .. should get that in about 30 minutes or less .. The rest .. are sort of tough .. :)

9.14 next maybe?

7.13 and 9.14. I agree. Should have two dolls subbed in under an hour

GoH:. Strat is 2 dolls on platform, in the middle having a cuddle. Then you need a full force shot down onto them to trigger button, don't miss the last shot.

raidrsj
05-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Gearhouse of Horrors - DONE.

Fast Ball - DONE. Thank you.

Kt22
05-27-2010, 10:27 AM
What's the trick to Fast Ball? I know it's 2 quick shots, not involving the balls. But despite this advice I haven't really been close. Do the 2 dolls hit 2 different platforms? Which platform does the doll escape through?

Bob Murphy
05-27-2010, 10:42 AM
2 words "Invisible Shield".

Thanks - I may use it for the next one but at least I'll have a newer iPhone.

raidrsj
05-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks - I may use it for the next one but at least I'll have a newer iPhone.

You should just wait a month and get iPhone 4.0

sjmcdowall
05-27-2010, 11:10 AM

Agreed -- June 22 is supposedly the date. New iPhone sounds pretty darn nice.

raidrsj
05-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Is this game available for the iPad? If so, anyone played it? Is it easier to pinpoint your shot?

sjmcdowall
05-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Is this game available for the iPad? If so, anyone played it? Is it easier to pinpoint your shot?

Yes it is -- (available) -- some "precision" shots are easier due to the larger size .. some aren't as easy because the extra real-estate involved in a multi-shot scenario ..

Although its perfectly good for a long waiting type *cough dominooo cough* shots .. :)

qambler
05-27-2010, 02:05 PM

Congratulations on the new record in Steel! You got Quint now I assume?

sjmcdowall
05-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Congratulations on the new record in Steel! You got Quint now I assume?

Correct! Is there another one to get?! :)

qambler
05-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Correct! Is there another one to get?! :)

Did I ever say that I got Quint? ;)

sjmcdowall
05-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Did I ever say that I got Quint? ;)

You didn't say it -- but you did appear to encode it :)

Vayduh
05-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Such a tease.

Vayduh
05-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Prediction: 18 for entire V-Room, definitely 19.

sjmcdowall
05-27-2010, 03:01 PM

Man -- that would put RoF at 5 / 6 or 7 (or so) .. wow.

jayspence
05-27-2010, 03:32 PM

Really? Wow! Admittedly, I haven't been able to put in much time on the new levels yet, but I'm still well over 100. :o

Doc
05-27-2010, 06:16 PM

Even if Rebound is a one, that means only eight dolls for both RoF and Gravitastrophe combined? That's going to be a grind.

Sproughton
05-27-2010, 06:16 PM

I'd say you could get down to 25/26 in about 30 minutes, not sure how easy it is to get lower than that so I may have to have more of a play!

Vayduh
05-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Even if Rebound is a one, that means only eight dolls for both RoF and Gravitastrophe combined? That's going to be a grind.

I'm very sure rebound is a 1.

How can this not eventually be a 1? :P

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/Vayduh/RagdollBlaster2/d115a6f9.jpg

note if I has this same doll and managed to fire it 0.25 sec quicker I would have had it. I must have been a couple of pixels max from it.

Someone will get this in 1.

And yea it means 8 or 9 for RoF and the gravity one.

I've tested the logic just can't execute.

Falcon 16
05-27-2010, 07:18 PM
In Viridian I've gotten 1, 1, 3, 89 and 1. I just did it once through and haven't gone back since ... but level B.4 was pure brute force. I'm quite sure there is an easier way. I haven't looked at B.3 yet to see how easy it would be to get that one down.

qambler
05-27-2010, 07:21 PM
In Viridian I've gotten 1, 1, 3, 89 and 1. I just did it once through and haven't gone back since ... but level B.4 was pure brute force. I'm quite sure there is an easier way. I haven't looked at B.3 yet to see how easy it would be to get that one down.

The lowest scores on B.1 to B.5 can be found on page 1 post #4 in this thread.

qambler
05-27-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm very sure rebound is a 1.

How can this not eventually be a 1? :P

note if I has this same doll and managed to fire it 0.25 sec quicker I would have had it. I must have been a couple of pixels max from it.

Someone will get this in 1.

And yea it means 8 or 9 for RoF and the gravity one.

I've tested the logic just can't execute.

I got 2 on Rebound yesterday (that is not too hard), but I have not been able to get 1 yet...

Vayduh
05-27-2010, 07:30 PM

ok I think this is fairly common knowledge now from the PM's I've been getting so I don't think I am spoiling too much.

The last 5 rooms for me are

or currently 25 for whole room.

I think I can get these to 7,1,1,2,2. I'm pretty sure I've tested the shot logic. (used about 70 dolls to do so). I think it's possible but it's a shot and a half.

and I think people who are better than me could get 6,1,1,2,2.

Add that to the 1,1,2,1,1 for the first 5 levels and that's the 18

Vayduh
05-27-2010, 07:32 PM
I got 2 on Rebound yesterday (that is not too hard), but I have not been able to get 1 yet...

I've been foregoing the two to chase the one, but I might go for it just to chip away.

qambler
05-27-2010, 07:34 PM
So I might be in the lead with 24? I got it down to 24 yesterday and I have not had time to play that much today...

Falcon 16
05-27-2010, 08:06 PM
I guess I've missed something like usual ... I didn't know there were another five rooms added. Havent' gotten them yet.

raidrsj
05-27-2010, 08:15 PM
I must be lost on rebound. I have a 3. And I don't even want to mention RoF...

Bob Murphy
05-27-2010, 09:35 PM
I am going to wait but it's hard to be without a working phone and hard not to be able to try these new levels for that long.

sjmcdowall
05-27-2010, 09:38 PM
I am going to wait but it's hard to be without a working phone and hard not to be able to try these new levels for that long.

Just get an iPad until the new iPhone is out .. :)

Phantom X
05-27-2010, 10:33 PM
So I might be in the lead with 24? I got it down to 24 yesterday and I have not had time to play that much today...

23 for me. I'm sure 21 or 22 is not too far off.

Sproughton
05-28-2010, 04:57 AM
Just looks like getting a bit lucky on RoF will put people to the top of viridian - I think that's the only one that people won't get lowest score pretty quickly. 24 for me now, but my flex score is rubbish

raidrsj
05-28-2010, 04:59 AM
I can't figure out RoF. I'm still at 30. 17 for RoF.

Jester327
05-28-2010, 07:04 AM
I really need some help with Wheeler Dealer. I still have a ridiculous 26 on it :( I managed to form the ramp once, but I used too many dolls going throught he gaps and got this sh***y score.

My strategy is : 9 dolls to touch the wheel, 1 shot on the wheel to push it to the first gap, and then it just gets stuck over the gap like this :

____\____/____

Whenenver I try to push it, it just rolls out of the gap and I can't form the ramp. That happens almost every time and I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

hasio_john
05-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Price Drop $2.99 ---> $0.99
*** FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY !!! ***

edit... damn, wrong topic, this is for hints/tips ...:p
Delete me please!!

sjmcdowall
05-28-2010, 07:41 AM
I really need some help with Wheeler Dealer. I still have a ridiculous 26 on it :( I managed to form the ramp once, but I used too many dolls going throught he gaps and got this sh***y score.

My strategy is : 9 dolls to touch the wheel, 1 shot on the wheel to push it to the first gap, and then it just gets stuck over the gap like this :

____\____/____

Whenenver I try to push it, it just rolls out of the gap and I can't form the ramp. That happens almost every time and I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

I think you may be doing the "1" shot on the wheel a bit off -- aim crosshairs slightly up from middle (for me) and far right -- and wait until the lower edge of wheel gap is lined up with top of cannon before firing -- you will probably see a much larger "jump" before the roll..

Then let the cannon just ROLL on its own right (it will 99% of the time) -- I think you'll see the wheel form a better "ramp" object (if not the ramp itself!) --

If 1/2 ramp is formed -- then a hard shot right should pop it into place --
If 1/4 ramp is formed (i.e. most of the wheel is still on top) then a hard shot 3/4 or so up from bottom generally does it...

In each case -- the cannon will roll left, bump, and roll right again (slowly) ..

When it rolls back right -- if ramp is formed -- then its only 8 shots to $$$ and glory! :)

Wait til cannon is almost 1/2 inch or so away from start of ramp then fire 6 hard L/L shots -- make sure the last shot is at the very top of ramp!

Cannon will fly over and roll -- wait again til cannon is 1/4" or so from next edge and fire again -- cannon should hit far edge and bounce / roll over pillows and fall into gap.

1 more easy shot for the $$$ ...

Give this a shot and I bet you'll be at 19 within an hour or less ..

Now 18 and 17 are a bit harder .. :)

Jester327
05-28-2010, 09:12 AM
I think you may be doing the "1" shot on the wheel a bit off -- aim crosshairs slightly up from middle (for me) and far right -- and wait until the lower edge of wheel gap is lined up with top of cannon before firing -- you will probably see a much larger "jump" before the roll..

Then let the cannon just ROLL on its own right (it will 99% of the time) -- I think you'll see the wheel form a better "ramp" object (if not the ramp itself!) --

If 1/2 ramp is formed -- then a hard shot right should pop it into place --
If 1/4 ramp is formed (i.e. most of the wheel is still on top) then a hard shot 3/4 or so up from bottom generally does it...

In each case -- the cannon will roll left, bump, and roll right again (slowly) ..

When it rolls back right -- if ramp is formed -- then its only 8 shots to $$$ and glory! :)

Wait til cannon is almost 1/2 inch or so away from start of ramp then fire 6 hard L/L shots -- make sure the last shot is at the very top of ramp!

Cannon will fly over and roll -- wait again til cannon is 1/4" or so from next edge and fire again -- cannon should hit far edge and bounce / roll over pillows and fall into gap.

1 more easy shot for the $$$ ...

Give this a shot and I bet you'll be at 19 within an hour or less ..

Now 18 and 17 are a bit harder .. :)

Thanks ! Just got it in 20

mj3k
05-28-2010, 12:39 PM
i just wanted to say that RoF is just as irritating as its older brother SoF. maybe even more irritating.:mad: im at a dissapointing 25 right now. any help would be greatly appreciated

sjmcdowall
05-28-2010, 12:46 PM
i just wanted to say that RoF is just as irritating as its older brother SoF. maybe even more irritating.:mad: im at a dissapointing 25 right now. any help would be greatly appreciated

This is hardly optimal so I don't mind sharing -- but its a starting place ..

At reset -- fire 4/5 max R/L -- you'll see the "thing" (we need a name for this new monstrosity) get very active ..

Wait a sec until right cannon gets active -- fire 4/5/6 or so also max R/L .. with some practice and luck you will get over to second platform AND have the "thing" balanced on the bomb .. hopefully with the active cannon being left -- and "semi-close" to the bomb .. (say .. 1/3 left, 2/3 right) ..

if left cannon not active -- CAREFULLY shoot from right to left to make it active .. (shoot on top of the vine to skim it) ..

Once left is active .. its pretty simple -- 1 shot on bomb .. up -- and 1 to target ..

With that approach you should be in 14 +/- 2 area fairly soon (everyone should be) --

Then we can discuss how to really shave some dolls ..

chatsss
05-28-2010, 01:28 PM
This is hardly optimal so I don't mind sharing -- but its a starting place ..

At reset -- fire 4/5 max R/L -- you'll see the "thing" (we need a name for this new monstrosity) get very active ..

Wait a sec until right cannon gets active -- fire 4/5/6 or so also max R/L .. with some practice and luck you will get over to second platform AND have the "thing" balanced on the bomb .. hopefully with the active cannon being left -- and "semi-close" to the bomb .. (say .. 1/3 left, 2/3 right) ..

if left cannon not active -- CAREFULLY shoot from right to left to make it active .. (shoot on top of the vine to skim it) ..

Once left is active .. its pretty simple -- 1 shot on bomb .. up -- and 1 to target ..

With that approach you should be in 14 +/- 2 area fairly soon (everyone should be) --

Then we can discuss how to really shave some dolls ..

Since the bomb is in play, I am assuming you guys have ruled out the possibility of a direct shot from the right (just after the first hurdle when the target comes into view). I have been trying this for a while but no luck yet.

sjmcdowall
05-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Since the bomb is in play, I am assuming you guys have ruled out the possibility of a direct shot from the right (just after the first hurdle when the target comes into view). I have been trying this for a while but no luck yet.

Not sure I would rule out anything -- I just wanted to give a basic starting place on how you can trim the score to a "decent" level ..

Who knows what the "ultimate" solution may entail -- :)

Sproughton
05-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Dolls don't seem to last off screen on RoF. Though for my 12 (still not great) I do it all from the right hand side.

sjmcdowall
05-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Dolls don't seem to last off screen on RoF. Though for my 12 (still not great) I do it all from the right hand side.

They do last a little bit off screen -- I have launched a medium doll off screen and it was gone for 3 seconds and came back ...

So not exactly sure yet of the doll physics ..

Sproughton
05-28-2010, 03:44 PM
They do last a little bit off screen -- I have launched a medium doll off screen and it was gone for 3 seconds and came back ...

So not exactly sure yet of the doll physics ..

True, I've hit it off screen but as you say, it was only just off screen

chatsss
05-28-2010, 03:52 PM
ok I think this is fairly common knowledge now from the PM's I've been getting so I don't think I am spoiling too much.

The last 5 rooms for me are

or currently 25 for whole room.

I think I can get these to 7,1,1,2,2. I'm pretty sure I've tested the shot logic. (used about 70 dolls to do so). I think it's possible but it's a shot and a half.

and I think people who are better than me could get 6,1,1,2,2.

Add that to the 1,1,2,1,1 for the first 5 levels and that's the 18

B.10 Descent is a 2??? Whoa! :eek:
Dolls dont seem to last offscreen on this level and it takes 2 dolls to get the second canon to go down (3 to get to the 3rd canon). I am guessing the 2 has to be a direct shot from the first cannon and for that the dolls must last offscreen - but why 2 then, why not 1?? Maybe one needs to get the first cannon to fall down and then the dolls start living offscreen but even then it has to be a tough shot (no bombs like in Rolly for a cue). I am thinking aloud here but if this is how its done, then this is a fairly faboulous discovery for you guys in such short time!

EDIT: Just got a 2 in the wierdest fashion. Hit a doll off into the distance with very surprising results - I can see why this is a two now :) Still not exactly sure how it happened though.

sjmcdowall
05-28-2010, 04:07 PM
B.10 Descent is a 2??? Whoa! :eek:
Dolls dont seem to last offscreen on this level and it takes 2 dolls to get the second canon to go down (3 to get to the 3rd canon). I am guessing the 2 has to be a direct shot from the first cannon and for that the dolls must last offscreen - but why 2 then, why not 1?? Maybe one needs to get the first cannon to fall down and then the dolls start living offscreen but even then it has to be a tough shot (no bombs like in Rolly for a cue). I am thinking aloud here but if this is how its done, then this is a fairly faboulous discovery for you guys in such short time!

EDIT: Just got a 2 in the wierdest fashion. Hit a doll off into the distance with very surprising results - I can see why this is a two now :) Still not exactly sure how it happened though.

Amazing things can happen to those that believe! :)

Now -- go figure out RoF in 7 and let us know how. LOL

Vayduh
05-28-2010, 05:09 PM

I thought I'd go for the 10 before trying further on RoF

I've been here a few rimes and missed the finish - which is the easiest part. :(

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/Vayduh/RagdollBlaster2/54fa1a7a.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/Vayduh/RagdollBlaster2/85c8ddc3.jpg

Vayduh
05-28-2010, 05:13 PM

I was gutted with the last two levels. They were both very well thought out and complicated. Then backflip blew it by making the "tricks" too easy.

Vayduh
05-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Changed methods and Just got RoF in 10 (should i've been 9 but I fired another doll by mistake). And it was the same method that someone will get a 7 or 8 on.

Edit: had 10 twice now

later edit: now had the money shot for 8 a few times and 9 a few times a I can't make it so far. Had enough for tonight. I hope one of the US contingent do something with it overnight.

This is basically a variant on my "prediction" method that present the target more often; at the cost of a doll unfortunately.

Vayduh
05-28-2010, 06:26 PM
First time I have ever seen a doll go through three layers in one shot.

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/Vayduh/RagdollBlaster2/e7552634.jpg

Vayduh
05-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Rebound in 2

23 for V-Room

Jester327
05-28-2010, 06:56 PM
First time I have ever seen a doll go through three layers in one shot.

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/Vayduh/RagdollBlaster2/e7552634.jpg

Wow, that does look pretty awesome !

bflatt
05-28-2010, 07:21 PM
I know this is a forum of RB2 enthusiasts but I noticed it just went on sale for 0.99 I have been looking for a good game to buy for a while now, does it take up a lot of memory on the iDevice and is it a good game that has re-playability? I just can't figure out if I like it from screenshots

Vayduh
05-28-2010, 07:34 PM
I know this is a forum of RB2 enthusiasts but I noticed it just went on sale for 0.99 I have been looking for a good game to buy for a while now, does it take up a lot of memory on the iDevice and is it a good game that has re-playability? I just can't figure out if I like it from screenshots

Count the number of posts.

See if any other game has more.

I, personally would buy it at 10 times the price you now can (although I guess we will all be biased here)

you should just download it but if you are still umming and awing then download the lite version first. That's what I did and 30 minutes later bought the full version (at version 1). Version 2 also has a lite version.

Jester327
05-28-2010, 07:44 PM

I'm going to try to be as neutral as possible. The game takes up 32,6 mo of space on your device but IMHO, totally worth it.

At first, the goal is to complete all the levels, which can be done in a couple of hours. But there is also a secondary objective, which is much more challenging and time-consuming : using as few dolls as possible in each one of the levels.

This makes the game almost infinitely replayable : each level has its secrets, and you may totally change the way you look at them depending on the score you want to reach. Some scores are near-impossible to get, because they require an extraordinary combnation of luck and precision, when some are easier but require some heavy thinking, as if they were a puzzle to solve.

Constantly reducing your score quickly becomes an obsession, and you probably won't regret the memory you spent, since you probably won't be able to play any other game on your device for a long time. You might even not be capable of watching it without thinking of shaving a few dolls.

Take my advice : buy it right now, I'll reimburse you myself if you're not satisfied :)

Foxtail2010
05-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Jester, excellent description! bflatt, I will personally double the reimbursement if not satisfied. Good god, man! What's .99? LOL

dSage
05-28-2010, 09:42 PM
is this 1 a waiting game or "trick"?

Foxtail2010
05-28-2010, 09:48 PM
is this 1 a waiting game or "trick"?

Bit of a wait, more or less for each of us.

dSage
05-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks. Was hoping not, but kinda figured.

23 in bonus room. Guess I'll be 22 after "the wait."

mj3k
05-29-2010, 12:16 AM
thanks for the RoF help ive gotten it down to 13 now after trying the "DESS"method

raidrsj
05-29-2010, 02:11 AM
What is the best Return of Flex score thus far?

Vayduh
05-29-2010, 02:52 AM
What is the best Return of Flex score thus far?

Looks like dsage has 9 :P

that or he has the 1 on rebound and a 10 on RoF

Vayduh
05-29-2010, 06:07 AM
If anyone wants to see the screenshot of where you need to get to to get RoF in 7,8,9. (or in my case 10 as I failed) let me know.

5 minutes gave me 2 screenshots, one where I had a shot for 8 and one where I had a shot for 9.

I have been in the same position for a shot for 7.

I now can't see it going below the 7.

First three to PM get it and if anyone is interested I might do the spoiler for 11 (very repeatable) here in open forum.

sjmcdowall
05-29-2010, 06:32 AM
If anyone wants to see the screenshot of where you need to get to to get RoF in 7,8,9. (or in my case 10 as I failed) let me know.

5 minutes gave me 2 screenshots, one where I had a shot for 8 and one where I had a shot for 9.

I have been in the same position for a shot for 7.

I now can't see it going below the 7.

First three to PM get it and if anyone is interested I might do the spoiler for 11 (very repeatable) here in open forum.

Awesome sleuthing work V! Seems like this Flex -- YOU own .. :)

sjmcdowall
05-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Does anyone have Rebound in 1? I've been flinging lots of dolls at it -- but no luck. Was wondering if I was wasting my time here and should concentrate on something easy like RoF in 8 .. LOL :)

Vayduh
05-29-2010, 07:31 AM
Does anyone have Rebound in 1? I've been flinging lots of dolls at it -- but no luck. Was wondering if I was wasting my time here and should concentrate on something easy like RoF in 8 .. LOL :)

I don't have it but you are not wasting your time.

Split your time between both levels. :P

Vayduh
05-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Awesome sleuthing work V! Seems like this Flex -- YOU own .. :)

I wish I did. Remember I still have 10 I just know that better is possible.

Similar to Quint, I know it's there and may never get it myself. Lol. Therefore it's nice when others can.

I'm trying to balance my selfishness of wanting to see someone get the scores with providing spoilers in an open forum.

Once a few people have 11 or better I will post the easy 11 method. It isn't a spoiler in any way as to get around the 7 mark is a different strategy altogether.

Sproughton
05-29-2010, 07:35 AM

I have it, didn't actually take me that long, i guess it's just one of those cross your fingers levels

sjmcdowall
05-29-2010, 07:52 AM
Appears Q has conquered the Dominmoomoo level too! Congrats on that!!!

Welcome to the 246 club!!

raidrsj
05-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Vayduh, thanks for the help. Down to 9 on RoF. I know I can get 8 eventually. I'm now at 22 for Viridian Room.

Vayduh
05-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Vayduh, thanks for the help. Down to 9 on RoF. I know I can get 8 eventually. I'm now at 22 for Viridian Room.

No problem. Glad to see someone get it.

You can get the money shot after 6 dolls so shooting for 7 with
a subtlely different strategy. I'm sure you will figure that out on your own if you are driven to it now you have the basic method though.

Good Shooting.

Vayduh
05-29-2010, 09:08 AM
ok loads of people seem to be doing ok on RoF now so here is a totally repeatable way to get 11:

wait till cannon lands and twists a little
1 doll bottom right, cannon lands horizontal and cannon swaps
8 fast dolls bottom right
land on bomb ball
1 doll to hit bomb
1 doll for the money shot

the method to get lower is totally different so I don't think I'm spoiling too much.

I've replied to the PM's. good luck. It's nice to see others playing while I cannot. :P

bflatt
05-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Jester, excellent description! bflatt, I will personally double the reimbursement if not satisfied. Good god, man! What's .99? LOL

I guess there is no incentive better than double reimburesement :p
Thank you for the excellent descriptions/explanations I just bought it so i'm sure within a few days i'll be on this board asking for help too

dSage
05-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Got this yesterday. Been workin on other low percentage shaves, but got this one first. So, not the hardest in the game, but a couple solid hours with loads of resets for me. Seems the combination of angle & speed is key. Once I found my sweet spot, I was consistently getting very close with lots fun doll action... including one 1/2 inch vertical head slide.

I'd upload pic, but don't know how from phone. 10, 1, 1, 2, 2 in new levels

Vayduh
05-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Got this yesterday. Been workin on other low percentage shaves, but got this one first. So, not the hardest in the game, but a couple solid hours with loads of resets for me. Seems the combination of angle & speed is key. Once I found my sweet spot, I was consistently getting very close with lots fun doll action... including one 1/2 inch vertical head slide.

I'd upload pic, but don't know how from phone. 10, 1, 1, 2, 2 in new levels

I think you can have attachments on this forum but I use photobucket and yes there is an App for that.

Uploading from phone is easy then you just grab the IMG link and copy and paste into your posts.

raidrsj
05-29-2010, 11:19 AM
I also use Photoshop to rotate photo. Then Photobucket to upload. I can't seem to add thumbnails to posts while on iPhone, so I just link image to picture URL.

Then I use Photoshop on my desktop to make it look like I'm better than I am

Just kidding about the last part.

dSage
05-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks v, will get up to speed soon. Still don't know how to do the settings on my phone for the waiting levels. Haven't really touched em yet. Seem to get very easily interrupted and pushed out of game.

Also, your pm box seems to b full. Was gonna share RoF beta. Been close to 9 but not less, so am thinking there's a dif approach involved.

raidrsj
05-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Just jailbreak your iPhone with Spirit and install backgrounder. Then you will never be bumped out of games. Just keep em running in the background.

Vayduh
05-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Or if you don't want to JB wait a month on OS4 or seRxh this thread as it's been discussed earlier.

Basically go into settings, disable exchange account, go onto settings- general and set to never rather than 5 mins

qambler
05-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Appears Q has conquered the Dominmoomoo level too! Congrats on that!!!

Welcome to the 246 club!!

Thank you! I wondered how long it would take until someone noticed that...

Ok, now I can start working on the V-room!

qambler
05-29-2010, 02:28 PM
What is currently the best score in Viridian, so I know what I should aim for?

I have 20, but rumors says that Punkrokka has sub-20!!!

BillT
05-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Get this. I had to do a restore on my ipod touch. No biggy. I started to play RB2 and logged in to Plus to get all my scores back. It doesn't store the Veridean Room yet. Thank goodness most of them were easy. Just wanted to warn you guys.

I'm guessing when the patch it next week to include it on the leaderboard that will take care of the problem. However, my wifi has been messed up on the ipod touch for a few months so I have to go to the room where the router is to be able to connect. My score was 258 and I had updated them on Plus, but my score now shows 261. My last 3 dolls I've gotten are not showing up. I have to redo 3 levels as soon as I figure out which ones the are. I'm curious why they don't show up. I'm very glad I didn't get the 2 in Dominoter the other day. Whew!

mj3k
05-29-2010, 09:38 PM
wow. i feel for you man. thats truly unfortunateGet this. I had to do a restore on my ipod touch. No biggy. I started to play RB2 and logged in to Plus to get all my scores back. It doesn't store the Veridean Room yet. Thank goodness most of them were easy. Just wanted to warn you guys.

I'm guessing when the patch it next week to include it on the leaderboard that will take care of the problem. However, my wifi has been messed up on the ipod touch for a few months so I have to go to the room where the router is to be able to connect. My score was 258 and I had updated them on Plus, but my score now shows 261. My last 3 dolls I've gotten are not showing up. I have to redo 3 levels as soon as I figure out which ones the are. I'm curious why they don't show up. I'm very glad I didn't get the 2 in Dominoter the other day. Whew!

qambler
05-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Bill, I installed the latest update of RB2 on another device. When I logged on to plus+ I got all the scores including Viridian. I even lowered my score in Viridian on this device and my new score transfered to my iPhone. However, it took a few minutes and I had to restart the program a few times for it to work.

BillT
05-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Bill, I installed the latest update of RB2 on another device. When I logged on to plus+ I got all the scores including Viridian. I even lowered my score in Viridian on this device and my new score transfered to my iPhone. However, it took a few minutes and I had to restart the program a few times for it to work.

I don't get it either. It still doesn't have them. I'm having to redo Twins 2, Geared Up and one on either WD or Big Wheel. And all the Veridian Room. I've done this several times without problems. I think I've figured it out. After I got my last 3 dolls I logged on to get the score recorded. Then the update came out, I didn't download it to the ipod. I downloaded it on the PC and then synched them. I haven't connected my ipod to the wifi since the last 3 dolls. It must have something to do with the update though I can't imagine why.

UPDATE: When I look at the leaderboard it shows me at 258 but my game score on my ipod shows 260. It looks like I don't need to redo those levels for the leaderboard but for my game to look nice and neat I need to get them again.

Foxtail2010
05-30-2010, 09:33 AM
My third Domino in 2 attempt failed yesterday. Been a heartbreaker everytime, but I tell myself this builds character. Right? Right? Let's see, that's around 200** hours of waiting. Sick sick sick and going for #4 of course.

**EDIT 200 hours not counting unknown hours for setup. Eek!!

sjmcdowall
05-30-2010, 10:14 AM
My third Domino in 2 attempt failed yesterday. Been a heartbreaker everytime, but I tell myself this builds character. Right? Right? Let's see, that's around 200** hours of waiting. Sick sick sick and going for #4 of course.

**EDIT 200 hours not counting unknown hours for setup. Eek!!

Egads lil fox! *hugs* -- but I'm glad you're not giving up the good fight -- think of the juicy big chickens on the end when you get it!!

sjmcdowall
05-30-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't get it either. It still doesn't have them. I'm having to redo Twins 2, Geared Up and one on either WD or Big Wheel. And all the Veridian Room. I've done this several times without problems. I think I've figured it out. After I got my last 3 dolls I logged on to get the score recorded. Then the update came out, I didn't download it to the ipod. I downloaded it on the PC and then synched them. I haven't connected my ipod to the wifi since the last 3 dolls. It must have something to do with the update though I can't imagine why.

UPDATE: When I look at the leaderboard it shows me at 258 but my game score on my ipod shows 260. It looks like I don't need to redo those levels for the leaderboard but for my game to look nice and neat I need to get them again.

Bill -- on the miscreant machine -- you could try DELETING the application -- (just uncheck the option to load it to the device) ... then sync ..

Then go back and reselect it "on" and resync -- will cause a total refresh (of the current version!) .. then login to plus+ .. should restore everything .. given some time (may have to exit and enter the game a few times) ?

BillT
05-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Bill -- on the miscreant machine -- you could try DELETING the application -- (just uncheck the option to load it to the device) ... then sync ..

Then go back and reselect it "on" and resync -- will cause a total refresh (of the current version!) .. then login to plus+ .. should restore everything .. given some time (may have to exit and enter the game a few times) ?

What's weird is it assigned me scores for all the levels. They were all correct except for Geared Up and one other. When it hasn't synced up with Plus it usually leaves them blank.

Benski1970
05-30-2010, 03:44 PM
After all the excitement of the Viridian Room, I’m getting back to basics and wanted to ask for some advice on getting Catapult in 1. I’ve spent hours on a range of strategies, with no luck so far:

1. Direct shot at the target, hoping a doll will burst through the doors
2. Aim at the top hinge, in the hope that it’s as weak as the lower hinge and lets a doll through to hit target
3. Bounce a doll off either the ball, or the big square block, so that it ricochets into the lower hinge and flicks up to hit target.

Which approach (if any!) will ultimately work? I’ve been hunting for that elusive sweet spot, but haven’t got close yet.

Frizzler
05-30-2010, 03:47 PM
After all the excitement of the Viridian Room, I’m getting back to basics and wanted to ask for some advice on getting Catapult in 1. I’ve spent hours on a range of strategies, with no luck so far:

1. Direct shot at the target, hoping a doll will burst through the doors
2. Aim at the top hinge, in the hope that it’s as weak as the lower hinge and lets a doll through to hit target
3. Bounce a doll off either the ball, or the big square block, so that it ricochets into the lower hinge and flicks up to hit target.

Which approach (if any!) will ultimately work? I’ve been hunting for that elusive sweet spot, but haven’t got close yet.

1 is a no go
2 is you're best bet
3 beats me
4 ricochet off the ball it goes up and down and then the balls comes back on screen and knocks doll into target, ridiculous odds but I was close using this strategy until I went with number 2

Benski1970
05-30-2010, 04:16 PM
1 is a no go
2 is you're best bet
3 beats me
4 ricochet off the ball it goes up and down and then the balls comes back on screen and knocks doll into target, ridiculous odds but I was close using this strategy until I went with number 2

Thanks Frizzler. I did try strategy 4 for a while, but I thought the zone of super-gravity to the right of the ball would prevent this from working. I got the doll flicked back onto the screen once, but it was rapidly sucked down before it got anywhere helpful.

sjmcdowall
05-31-2010, 08:48 AM
For those lucky enough to get this day off -- I wish you all the best and safest !

Doll on and we'll catch you on the flip side!

sjmcdowall
05-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Til V room gets on the board -- but here it is while it does!

Foxtail2010
05-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Til V room gets on the board -- but here it is while it does!

245! Woooh! Awesome! Congrats! Oh and did I say, way to go MN? Way to dominate domino! First try!
(waaaah --- going on my 4th round with the lumberyard)
Oh s'cuse me, slipped into that pity party. Hey this is your dolla party now, Stevie!

Frizzler
05-31-2010, 02:05 PM
WTG McD, there's a new sheriff in town

Vayduh
05-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Very well done indeed Steve

sjmcdowall
05-31-2010, 06:36 PM
THanks all! I actually couldn't have done this without all your help -- Foxy, V-man, Bill-da-T-man, Twizzler .. errr. Frizzler .. and many more who have given me hints, hopes, etc. Again -- I don't expect this to last long (next update) -- but hell, even one day of greatness (15 minutes of fame I guess eh Andy W?) -- but really, it was a team effort by all -- I was just the lucky doll tosser who got it ..

/Steve

P.S. Actually, my wife just said it's really cuz I am more stubborn than any other person she knows when it comes to solving / doing a puzzle. :)

BillT
05-31-2010, 07:09 PM
A month or so ago I posted that the stalk snapped and hopped to the right and never fell. I have proof this time. It hopped to the right a little and the top leaned over to the left like we want it to, then it went to the right a little and then back up straight. I started taking pictures. I animated it. The stalk stayed up for the ten minutes it took to go back to the left and back to the start. It doesn't re-root itself because it will fall with one shot or one nudge. It's just balanced. If you miss the animate refresh your screen.

http://www.nurseslounge.com/lounge/Bill/SoF.gif

sjmcdowall
05-31-2010, 08:33 PM
A month or so ago I posted that the stalk snapped and hopped to the right and never fell. I have proof this time. It hopped to the right a little and the top leaned over to the left like we want it to, then it went to the right a little and then back up straight. I started taking pictures. I animated it. The stalk stayed up for the ten minutes it took to go back to the left and back to the start. It doesn't re-root itself because it will fall with one shot or one nudge. It's just balanced. If you miss the animate refresh your screen.

http://www.nurseslounge.com/lounge/Bill/SoF.gif

Bill -- I have seen this very very rarely as well -- (well, once actually) -- it was the oddest thing .. thought I was dreaming .. but you're right.. even a little nudge will make it fall down .. but it never really helped getting the score down .. since it took 2 dolls (for me) to get enough speed to go over ..

But it was very cool -- another X-files aspect of RG2 universe ..

raidrsj
06-01-2010, 01:43 AM
I finally got Rebound in 1. That sucked.

mj3k
06-01-2010, 02:22 AM
I finally got Rebound in 1. That sucked.

ive been trying that one for a few days now. ive been pixels away a handful of times. but i cat seem to get the right combo of speed and tumbling to align with the target. very frustrating as im sure u know

Sproughton
06-01-2010, 04:43 AM
ive been trying that one for a few days now. ive been pixels away a handful of times. but i cat seem to get the right combo of speed and tumbling to align with the target. very frustrating as im sure u know

Strange how things happen - I got Rebound in 1 pretty quickly yet after weeks upon weeks of trying I can't get Grinder 2 in 6!

BillT
06-01-2010, 12:23 PM
I find this is just what the Doctor ordered after waiting 72 hours for a shot and missing.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

sjmcdowall
06-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I find this is just what the Doctor ordered after waiting 72 hours for a shot and missing.

OMG -- Too funny Bill! Although -- sad to hear you missed again! Eeek!

Foxtail2010
06-01-2010, 12:35 PM

Thanks Bill, I needed that. I'm right there with ya, dominoooooooo!

qambler
06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
THanks all! I actually couldn't have done this without all your help -- Foxy, V-man, Bill-da-T-man, Twizzler .. errr. Frizzler .. and many more who have given me hints, hopes, etc. Again -- I don't expect this to last long (next update) -- but hell, even one day of greatness (15 minutes of fame I guess eh Andy W?) -- but really, it was a team effort by all -- I was just the lucky doll tosser who got it ..

/Steve

P.S. Actually, my wife just said it's really cuz I am more stubborn than any other person she knows when it comes to solving / doing a puzzle. :)

Congratulations Steve!
(even though I was not mentioned or thanked ;)

That is some hard work that paid off!

chatsss
06-01-2010, 04:50 PM
What is currently the best score in Viridian, so I know what I should aim for?

I have 20, but rumors says that Punkrokka has sub-20!!!

I will have a 20 if I go from 3 to 1 on Rebound. I have an 8 on ROF and have been trying for a 6 with a slightly different strategy. It seems hypothetically possible based on the margin of offscreen playability in this level (I got my 8 offscreen without using the bomb).

Does anyone have a 7 or 6 on ROF? That will probably cap the score for Veridian.

PS: Oh yes and this would be an oppurtune time to congratulate Steve - mighty good mate! :)

qambler
06-01-2010, 05:30 PM
If you still have more than 2 in Rebound you might want to try any of the following methods.

I got Rebound in 2 on the first day using the method in the picture below.

A second method is to shoot one block and make the doll crawl to the right and fall down and then shoot the second block to release the target.

A third method is to shoot one block and then fire the second doll as you would do for a 1.

As you can see they can all be combined:
1. Shoot the upper block. If the target is released shoot the target to get 2, otherwise go to step 2.
2. If the doll is crawling right, wait for it to hit the ground and then shoot the lower block to release the target. If not, go to step 3.
3. Try to touch the target as you would when you are trying to get a 1 (but much easier now when the target is lower).

Frizzler
06-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Method 4

try for the one, if you get really close shoot a block and it might touch your near miss doll. Might as well get lucky while you're trying to get lucky. Doll on!

dSage
06-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Method 4

try for the one, if you get really close shoot a block and it might touch your near miss doll. Might as well get lucky while you're trying to get lucky. Doll on!
Yep, this is how I got 2... then eventually the lucky 1 also.

qambler
06-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I finally got Rebound in 1 today, so now I'm in the sub-20 club for Viridian!

dSage
06-01-2010, 07:56 PM
got lucky this wkend. fyi, used same (RoF) strategy for 8 then 7. haven't spent any time on 6, but can say with certainty that 7 was baaarely possible with offscreen limits.

Mondae
06-01-2010, 07:57 PM
On the Level, Gift Machine, there are two cracks. Are those in everyones? I'm worried my glass is cracked and can only be seen with a backdrop of that color.

qambler
06-01-2010, 08:02 PM
On the Level, Gift Machine, there are two cracks. Are those in everyones? I'm worried my glass is cracked and can only be seen with a backdrop of that color.

Check the screencap of Gift Machine in post #639. I'm not sure what cracks you mean?

Mondae
06-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Check the screencap of Gift Machine in post #639. I'm not sure what cracks you mean?

Ok. It's the game. I kinda thought it was but I was going to make sure. 3 of them real light.

sjmcdowall
06-01-2010, 08:26 PM
I finally got Rebound in 1 today, so now I'm in the sub-20 club for Viridian!

WTG Q! Egads -- that's an awesome score -- I have a LOT of work to do I see on V (RoF) here .. :)

As usual -- thanks for showing that the impossible is possible .. even if w/o any specifics .. LOL :)

raidrsj
06-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Finally at 20.

Edit: Was feeling good about myself until I saw Q's post. Nice job Q.

raidrsj
06-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Does anyone else find their whole body tense up when they come close to hitting that tough shot? I'm probably going to pull a muscle.

dSage
06-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Does anyone else find their whole body tense up when they come close to hitting that tough shot? I'm probably going to pull a muscle.
Indeed! Actually a couple levels specifically come to mind when trying to will doll just a pixel further. The ones we get ohh so agonizingly close to...

Foxtail2010
06-02-2010, 01:45 AM
Indeed! Actually a couple levels specifically come to mind when trying to will doll just a pixel further. The ones we get ohh so agonizingly close to...

Yeah I practically stand on my head for flexy in 7. Remember the fox tramp vid?

dSage
06-02-2010, 01:52 AM
Can someone throw me a bone on this one. I get into position for the shot in 4, but have yet to connect... even after spraying hundreds of practice shots from the planet two up'n'over from start.

Vayduh
06-02-2010, 02:57 AM
Can someone throw me a bone on this one. I get into position for the shot in 4, but have yet to connect... even after spraying hundreds of practice shots from the planet two up'n'over from start.

The final shot is from below the target. Sounds like your firing your last shot from the wrong planet tbh.

here i did a screenshot:

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/Vayduh/RagdollBlaster2/dfb282be.jpg

The target is just offscreen on the planet showing on the right hand side of the screenshot.

Vayduh
06-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Ok time to let the cat out of the bag as most people now seem to have it in under 10 (except me lol)

To get 8 or 9:

let cannon hit floor
as flex gets to stopping position 11 oclockish, 4 fast dolls bottom right
right cannon hits floor and flex flexes
as it flexes back 2 dolls bottom right and then 1 doll to prop it up. 1 for the money shot.
cannon needs to be almost stationary, if not you can use another doll left to stabilise yourself for the 9 or 10.

It is a killer shot.

You can also get to same shooting position in 6 giving you the shot for 7.

I have 10 using method in pics, and have proved to myself that even with the offscreen doll survival limitations the shot is very possible for a final 7,8, or 9

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/Vayduh/RagdollBlaster2/501a605e.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/Vayduh/RagdollBlaster2/ab39b65c.jpg

Getting to the shooting position in 6 is more difficult, and a slight variation on the above.

Personally I think 7 is as low as this can go but I'll probably be proved wrong when the scores get added to the overall total scores.

Hopefully this helps some people out there. If not you can always scroll back a page or two and get it in an EASY 11.

dSage
06-02-2010, 12:02 PM
The final shot is from below the target. Sounds like your firing your last shot from the wrong planet tbh.

here i did a screenshot:

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/Vayduh/RagdollBlaster2/dfb282be.jpg

The target is just offscreen on the planet showing on the right hand side of the screenshot.
guess I got a little too fixated on a way harder (maybe impossible) shot. thanks again V, got it a couple tries after seeing the cap.

s_k_y
06-02-2010, 02:15 PM
how do you even get in position after 3 shots. 2 shots just to get away from the first 'planet. arrgh.

can't seem to figure out the 1 shot in catapult either. did a search on the thread but nothing concrete other than right underneath the upper hinge. fired tons of shots there but nothing close to going thru.

chatsss
06-02-2010, 02:23 PM
how do you even get in position after 3 shots. 2 shots just to get away from the first 'planet. arrgh.

can't seem to figure out the 1 shot in catapult either. did a search on the thread but nothing concrete other than right underneath the upper hinge. fired tons of shots there but nothing close to going thru.

On Catapult: its not underneath, its through the upper hinge. A soft shot works best

Benski1970
06-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Sounds like you are on the right lines - it does take two shots to get away from the first planet. You want your escape route to take you precisely between the two planets to the right. The gravitational pull from each planet cancels out the pull from the other, so there's an escape route past them both and to the planet beyond if you aim correctly.

Vayduh
06-02-2010, 02:56 PM
On Catapult: its not underneath, its through the upper hinge. A soft shot works best

lots of levels benefit from a light touch :P

s_k_y
06-02-2010, 04:46 PM
^ thanks, managed to sneak a few thru there. haven't been able to get the one, but I did manage to shave it to 2.

Doll on!

(this thread rules btw) :-)

Phantom X
06-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Hmmm...what's missing?

mj3k
06-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Hmmm...what's missing?

how is that even possible?! im starting to learn that in the rag doll universe almost anything is!!!

BillT
06-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Hmmm...what's missing?

Did the doll crawl and push them off?

Vayduh
06-02-2010, 07:09 PM

looks like it but even if the wheel is still spinning by the time the doll falls no way its going to get hit - right? :P

Phantom X
06-02-2010, 09:12 PM

Yes, the doll can crawl and push everything off. The spinner is frictionless and spins at a constant rate forever. The only real issue is getting the doll to fall far enough right so it hits the spinner. Possible? Probably not. But thought I'd throw it out to the masses for further testing.

dSage
06-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Yes, the doll can crawl and push everything off. The spinner is frictionless and spins at a constant rate forever. The only real issue is getting the doll to fall far enough right so it hits the spinner. Possible? Probably not. But thought I'd throw it out to the masses for further testing.
speaking of further testing, and apologies if this has already been discussed & explored, I noticed once that the sled on ski jump fell off the ramp without a shot. I don't know if it fell to the left or right or how long it took. I wasn't monitoring it overnight. So, not sure if it only falls one way, but if it did slide right on it's own, those interested may find a new shave.

Frizzler
06-02-2010, 10:57 PM
speaking of further testing, and apologies if this has already been discussed & explored, I noticed once that the sled on ski jump fell off the ramp without a shot. I don't know if it fell to the left or right or how long it took. I wasn't monitoring it overnight. So, not sure if it only falls one way, but if it did slide right on it's own, those interested may find a new shave.

I've seen it fall left a few times, never right, takes about 5 minutes, I can also push the lava block off old faithful with a crawler just like what X demonstrated in WW but the doll won't follow the block fast enough.

BillT
06-02-2010, 11:08 PM
In Unicycle the unicycle falls right and then crawls right for a bit and then crawls all the way left and falls. It doesn't go right far enough to hit the target. When it falls off the left side the unicycle falls for several hours. It looks like the horizontal hold is broken on a TV set. The next morning the unicyle is floating waitless in a room of nothingness. Maybe a random reset will crawl further right.

raidrsj
06-02-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm finally in the club.

raidrsj
06-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Anyone have a screencap of the final shot to hit target in 1 shot when you make it to the target on Son of Flex?

epistrophy
06-03-2010, 01:58 AM

If you don't make it to the planet in the screencap, you can hit the target from the one in the upper left. It's a harder shot since the doll has to weave between two planets.

quasimentalist
06-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Anyone have a screencap of the final shot to hit target in 1 shot when you make it to the target on Son of Flex?

I used a method for my 11, 10 and 9 that vayduh gave me, seems to consistently work, let cannon roll back around a quarter of it's diameterafter hitting hedge and then shoot with top edge of cross hair touching right end bottom of menu button. Pm vayduh, sure he has a screen shot.