PDA

View Full Version : Any Way to Remove Scratches on iPod Touch?

Somerandomdude
03-11-2010, 11:57 AM
I have a ton of scratches on my iPod lately... It seems like every time I pick it up it has more and more scratches on it. They get pretty disctacting sometimes, so if there's any somewhat easy and cheap way of getting the scratches out, it'd be greatly appreciated.

drelbs
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
For both the glass and the metal backing, you could buff them out, but that might look worse than the scratches...

http://www.esslinger.com/learning_center/watches/buff_and_remove_scratches.gif

lord-sam
03-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Apple sauce for a few pound/dollars. Some good reviews, but never personally used it. Try amazon

NotYou
03-11-2010, 01:45 PM
You could do it with thin cyanoacrylate and a lot of buffing, but there's a slim chance of not makin things worse. A lot worse.

Seriously, don't try it.

tsharpfilm
03-11-2010, 01:58 PM
How in the hell do you scratch an iPod? :eek:

Which part is scratched? The glass, or the back? Mine is still in prestine condition and I've had it for over 6 months.

Jarek
03-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Im possible tsharpfilm.
iPod touch back scratches as hell, even if You have it in cover instantly.

I own McAlly Metro rubber case and silvered back is scratched a little bit.

f e a r l e s s
03-11-2010, 03:12 PM
These products are designed to scratch easily, don't you know? The best solution is... Doh! There is none! All those clear shield stick-ons make your device ugly. Even rubber cases will scratch your device.

If anyone tells you their iPod is in perfect condition and they had it for more than a week, they are bs'ing you unless the device is still in the packaging. ;)

LBG
03-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Maybe try tooth paste?

I know it hides the scratches on watch screens/casing. It might work with your iPod too.

Kamazar
03-11-2010, 04:03 PM

Which part is scratched? The glass, or the back? Mine is still in prestine condition and I've had it for over 6 months.

A case will keep the aluminum in relatively good condition, but it's hard to constantly keep it clean of dust and sand. One grain can cause so much trouble. And most of us don't treat this things as deities. They bump and shuffle around while we go through our day. Life fearless said, they're increeeedibly scratch-prone.

The Game Reaper
03-11-2010, 04:17 PM
http://www.c1mobility.com.au/home/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/2/6/2601-20-k1.1.jpg

d1
03-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Maybe try tooth paste?

I know it hides the scratches on watch screens/casing. It might work with your iPod too.
When I researched the topic months ago that's one of the solutions I came across, some people said it worked too.

Lol @TGR's pic.

Somerandomdude
03-11-2010, 06:26 PM

Well I constantly bring it to school and stuff and for some reason it always gets scratched up in my pocket, even if there's nothing in it. Ene just putting it down seems to scratch it. And it's the screen itself, I couldn't care less about the back part.

And I might try the toothpaste thing, but when you have to wash it off with water I'm afraid it might mess things up. I might just wipe the toothpaste off with a warm cloth so I don't get water in the iPod.
And do they make any cases with a screen protector thing that can be flipped up when you're using it, and then flip back down when not in use? I know they have them for the other iPods, but I don't think there's one for the Touch or iPhone. The other cases I've had did nothing to protect the screen, and those little plastic stickers just get scratched up worse and get dust and dirt under them, making things worse. I had one for my PSP, and it didn't do anything.

CaptainAwesome
03-11-2010, 07:14 PM
And do they make any cases with a screen protector thing that can be flipped up when you're using it, and then flip back down when not in use? I know they have them for the other iPods, but I don't think there's one for the Touch or iPhone.

I do believe that this is what you're looking for.

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/8577/8577569_rb.jpg

You can find it here. (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/DLO+-+HipCase+Leather+Folio+for+Select+Apple%26%23174;+ iPod%26%23174;+touch+Models+-+Black/8577569.p?id=1190411436258&skuId=8577569&st=dlo%20ipod%20touch%20case&cp=1&lp=8)

Somerandomdude
03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I do believe that this is what you're looking for.

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/8577/8577569_rb.jpg

You can find it here. (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/DLO+-+HipCase+Leather+Folio+for+Select+Apple%26%23174;+ iPod%26%23174;+touch+Models+-+Black/8577569.p?id=1190411436258&skuId=8577569&st=dlo%20ipod%20touch%20case&cp=1&lp=8)

Oh good, so they do make them. I might pick one up sometime just so I can prevent this situation from getting worse in the future. I've always hated when it was an exposed screen like the PSP and iPhone that easily get scratched up, as opposed to things like the DS or a flip cell phone.

frendil
03-11-2010, 08:59 PM
those plastic screen covers actually work pretty well, you have to swap them from time to time but they do stop the actual screen from getting scratches. You just have to make sure you dont get dust under it while applying it because then you get a air bubble and its f**king annoying. And some people prefer the feel of the covers to the actual screen as well. If you apply it well enough you dont really see it unless you look closely, unless you get a cover which has a bit missing around and below the centre button. I know that it cant help you get the scratches you already have out, but if you can get them fixed I would recommend getting a screen cover so you dont scratch it again

Somerandomdude
03-11-2010, 09:05 PM
those plastic screen covers actually work pretty well, you have to swap them from time to time but they do stop the actual screen from getting scratches. You just have to make sure you dont get dust under it while applying it because then you get a air bubble and its f**king annoying. And some people prefer the feel of the covers to the actual screen as well. If you apply it well enough you dont really see it unless you look closely, unless you get a cover which has a bit missing around and below the centre button. I know that it cant help you get the scratches you already have out, but if you can get them fixed I would recommend getting a screen cover so you dont scratch it again

I'd probably end up getting that case I saw above. My friend has a screen protector on his iPhone and while I like the way your thumbs don't get stuck, it makes it look really weird, like the whole screen got scratched up.

wootbean
03-11-2010, 09:11 PM
I'd probably end up getting that case I saw above. My friend has a screen protector on his iPhone and while I like the way your thumbs don't get stuck, it makes it look really weird, like the whole screen got scratched up.

how so? o__o
I have a screen protector on and you really can't tell there's anything covering the screen at all, I made sure there are zero air bubbles. Also the screen doesn't get as smudgy with it on.

Somerandomdude
03-11-2010, 09:22 PM
how so? o__o
I have a screen protector on and you really can't tell there's anything covering the screen at all, I made sure there are zero air bubbles. Also the screen doesn't get as smudgy with it on.

It may have been the screen protector my friend has... It kinda has that weird multi-color thing that you see in a scratch when the screen is white. It's not to that degree, but it's still noticeable. I prefer the cover that you can remove to a sticker screen protector.

frendil
03-11-2010, 09:32 PM
It may have been the screen protector my friend has... It kinda has that weird multi-color thing that you see in a scratch when the screen is white. It's not to that degree, but it's still noticeable. I prefer the cover that you can remove to a sticker screen protector.

the only way I can tell I have a screen protector on mine is where it isnt perfectly aligned to the edge and a bit around the home button.