12 Pocket Game of Life Promo Codes!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by drewse, Mar 13, 2010.

1. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Hi Everyone!

I have 12 promo codes for itunes.com/apps/pocketgameoflife.

If you don't know what Conway's Game of Life is, then you can learn more about it here.

To get the promo code, you must be interested in the simulation and post one fact or anything interesting you know about it. Then I'll send you a PM with the code.

Also, if you get a promo code, PLEASE leave an honest review on iTunes or give me some feedback. Thanks!

Enjoy!

2. mightyboosh314

mightyboosh314 Active Member

Apr 8, 2009
    This game goes back to 1970. Conway was inspired by the ideas of von Neumann. I'd like this app because I'm interested in logic, computing, and science.

3. The Guy

The Guy Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Conway thought originally that you couldn't make it grow indefinitely, but this was soon disproven. I think the game of life is fascinating, which is why I'd like the app.

4. RagManX

RagManX Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    The first time I did anything with the game of life, I entered the basic code for the program out of a magazine. This was in the early 80s. The system it was running on could only do 2 or 3 generations per second, so you could watch the simulation and get a pretty good feel for what was happening. A few years later, on a slightly faster computer, I typed in an assembly language version of the program that could run hundreds of generations per second if you didn't slow it down. You could layout your colony and start it, and if you forgot to put in a delay time, the entire colony could die out in just a second or two if you didn't have something to generate eternal offgrowths or walkers.

5. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Each cell of the simulation is binary.

6. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the great facts about Conway and his Game of Life. I tried to send everyone a promo code, but please tell me if I somehow missed you. For everyone who didn't get one, there are still 8 left!

7. The Guy

The Guy Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Thank you much. I'll write a review after I try it out, probably later today, maybe tomorrow or so.

8. Dvs Lovee

Dvs Lovee Member

Mar 14, 2010
    conways game of life was made by a man named john conway and it is about creating a figure and watching as it evolvs

9. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    All the promo codes are now gone (I used some of them on other things). More will come later.

10. Dvs Lovee

Dvs Lovee Member

Mar 14, 2010
    if you get anymore will you send me one?

11. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Sure, but please look at my PM if you haven't already.

12. Anthony9274

Anthony9274 Member

Mar 14, 2010
    can I get one, please!....