PDA

View Full Version : Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

ImNoSuperMan
04-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Y6hUTC1Edyo
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fruit-ninja/id362949845?mt=8

What's New In Version 1.4.1
GAME CENTER LEADERBOARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS!

Just a couple of weeks after launching our worldwide Game Center multiplayer mode, we're following up to round off the package with Global Leaderboards and Achievements, directly tied to your Game Center account!

Now you have the option of Game Center, Openfeint or both to continue your adventure! Get to work today and prove to your friends that you are the better Fruit Ninja!

We have also worked more on balancing the multiplayer game, in addition to several small Game Center bugs.

Fruit Ninja has just passed TWO MILLION copies sold, and we have you to thank! Keep on enjoying the best slicer on iPhone and we'll continue to provide awesome free updates in the coming weeks and months!

Stay juicy!

The Halfbrick Team

What's New In Version 1.4
BRAND NEW GAME CENTER MULTIPLAYER MODE!

Holy apples, Sensei! We have a brand new multiplayer mode, thanks to Game Center! Now you and your friends can finally throw down the challenge, and settle the age old argument - Who is the better Fruit Ninja?

It couldn't be simpler to play - slice your fruit, and avoid your friend’s fruit! Keep an eye out for the special fruit that anyone can slice ... you'll have to be fast to collect the extra points!

If you have a Game Center enabled device, simply visit the mode select screen and get slicing. If you are playing the Auto match-up, keep an eye out because you never know if you might run into someone from the development team, honing their skills!

The whole team is very proud to have one of the first iPhone games ever to utilize Game Center for multiplayer! We will be supporting Game Center in future updates also, with leaderboards and achievements on the way next!

We have another major and exciting Fruit Ninja update in the works, and the Secret Banana Mode will be a secret no more!

Stay juicy!
The Fruit Ninja Team
***Please note that Multiplayer Mode requires the OS version 4.1 with Game Center***

Tikicobra
04-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Colors! :D

Also, fruit

Greensheep
04-20-2010, 06:32 PM
yeah!! finally out:) this games awesome:D

EMTKiNG
04-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Yes it is true we hate fruits! But we like Kool Aid:D

sammysin
04-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Bought.

EMTKiNG
04-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Bought.

let me know how it is looks fun though

sammysin
04-20-2010, 07:40 PM
let me know how it is looks fun though

Amazing man, it is addictive as hell! Really excellent game to show off the touch controls! Bright, colourful, stylish. A steal at the price.

EMTKiNG
04-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Amazing man, it is addictive as hell! Really excellent game to show off the touch controls! Bright, colourful, stylish. A steal at the price.

Sold downloading now!!

sammysin
04-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Sold downloading now!!

Enjoy buddy! Let the fruit juice roll!

Muscat
04-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Wow, you guys sure are on the ball! Hope you all enjoy it, and see you around on the leader boards :)

As usual feel free to ask any questions you like!

EMTKiNG
04-20-2010, 07:59 PM
so i have mad fruit killing skills i didnt know of lol:D

jak56
04-20-2010, 07:59 PM
how many fruits were harmed in the making of this game? :p

Gabrien
04-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Great casual/mini game with everything going for it. Addictive concept, beautiful execution and the right price.

HalfbrickPhil
04-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Great casual/mini game with everything going for it. Addictive concept, beautiful execution and the right price.

I'm very happy to hear you say that Gabrien, thanks for the comment. That's exactly what we were going for with Fruit Ninja and hope it becomes a great success. If you want to help out please rate the game and let your friends know!

Spaztrigger
04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Cutting fruit never got better. :)

Gabrien
04-20-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm very happy to hear you say that Gabrien, thanks for the comment. That's exactly what we were going for with Fruit Ninja and hope it becomes a great success. If you want to help out please rate the game and let your friends know!

Well, for what it's worth, if I've ever seen a new release which simply screams mass appeal/top ten material, this is it. It may need a push, but this is a game capable of generating momentum.

And yes, I've already left a rating.

BazookaTime
04-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Wow...this game is way more fun than I thought it would be. Touch controls are perfect and the game is a blast to play.

I will be honest, I would of passed on this because of the concept but after reading a few impressions I decided to pick it up and I am glad that I did. I will leave a review tonight so that other fruit ninjas may begin their journey.

EMTKiNG
04-20-2010, 08:42 PM
What are we gonna do when all the fruit is chopped up and gone!?!?!:eek:

ataloss
04-20-2010, 08:45 PM

...and in the corner, somewhere, and on the very edge of hearing, a lone vegetable begins to whimper... :eek:

EMTKiNG
04-20-2010, 08:53 PM
...and in the corner, somewhere, and on the very edge of hearing, a lone vegetable begins to whimper... :eek:

LMAO cant wait to see that video of them running in the park as a broccolli and Carrot

HalfbrickPhil
04-20-2010, 09:03 PM

To be honest we are going to KILL it with updates! If Fruit Ninja manages to kick some ass we will be updating it for a long time to come with more modes, gameplay, fruit, and a whole bunch more we simply couldn't cram in at once. Look out for the first update very, very soon as a thanks from Halfbrick for picking up the game so quickly.

Gabrien
04-20-2010, 09:22 PM
To be honest we are going to KILL it with updates! If Fruit Ninja manages to kick some ass we will be updating it for a long time to come with more modes, gameplay, fruit, and a whole bunch more we simply couldn't cram in at once. Look out for the first update very, very soon as a thanks from Halfbrick for picking up the game so quickly.

Yeah, I was actually thinking as well, there's limitless opportunity here for additional content. Everything from more stuff to slice, to game modes, to additional combos and/or multipliers.

EDIT: It occurred to me it would be nice to have a combo/multiplier based on skill, as well as the random one. Perhaps slicing more than one fruit with a single hit? Something along those lines.

BazookaTime
04-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I was actually thinking as well, there's limitless opportunity here for additional content. Everything from more stuff to slice, to game modes, to additional combos and/or multipliers.

EDIT: It occurred to me it would be nice to have a combo/multiplier based on skill, as well as the random one. Perhaps slicing more than one fruit with a single hit? Something along those lines.

Agreed. As I was playing I thought cutting several fruits with once slice should amount to more points. Game is a blast as it but there is a ton that can be added to it.

Muscat
04-20-2010, 09:45 PM
All that stuff sounds good! As Phil said, we are going to be sticking around for the long haul with Fruit Ninja, so please share what sort of stuff you would like to see in the updates!

We actually have a first update that should be ready to submit sometime soon :)

Stan
04-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Everybody loves killing fruit, right? :)

EMTKiNG
04-20-2010, 09:48 PM
All that stuff sounds good! As Phil said, we are going to be sticking around for the long haul with Fruit Ninja, so please share what sort of stuff you would like to see in the updates!

We actually have a first update that should be ready to submit sometime soon :)

more food items and the funny videos lol:D

jerry hunter
04-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Ninja? Between fruits? Hooked......

rich_952000
04-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Looks like I need to pick this one up then..Bazooka and Gabrien sold another copy:D

articulate
04-20-2010, 10:37 PM
When I first saw this in appshopper under new apps. I was kinda like, "wtf is this nonsense!?". And in the tiny portion of the description just readable without clicking on it, when I saw, "impossible to put down". I went, yeah, if I had a cent for every time I've read that, I've have to rent out a container storage unit.

And not to mention it came out about an hour before Fruix, so it's right below it. I really thought to myself, what in the world is wrong with people these days.

But after reading sammysin's impressions, I thought why not? And honestly, this is really good! And fun! And I learned to not judge something by it's cover. ;)

Muscat
04-20-2010, 11:38 PM
When I first saw this in appshopper under new apps. I was kinda like, "wtf is this nonsense!?". And in the tiny portion of the description just readable without clicking on it, when I saw, "impossible to put down". I went, yeah, if I had a cent for every time I've read that, I've have to rent out a container storage unit.

And not to mention it came out about an hour before Fruix, so it's right below it. I really thought to myself, what in the world is wrong with people these days.

But after reading sammysin's impressions, I thought why not? And honestly, this is really good! And fun! And I learned to not judge something by it's cover. ;)

Glad we changed your mind! :D

Next update will include some tweaks, 2 new fruits, new achievements and a couple of other things. After that, we have a much bigger meatier 2nd update planned!

kiranb28
04-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Glad we changed your mind! :D

Next update will include some tweaks, 2 new fruits, new achievements and a couple of other things. After that, we have a much bigger meatier 2nd update planned!

Sold, sir.

+1

ImaRetroMan
04-21-2010, 12:40 AM
@BazookaTime

Would've passed this on because of the concept!? That's preposterous!!! Fruit slicing ninja action is DEFINITELY not able to pass!! Lol :)

The Bat Outta Hell
04-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Christ that video was too awesome. It's gonna be hard to pass this one up.

EMTKiNG
04-21-2010, 12:54 AM
OMG this fruit slicing and dicing game is catching on muahahaha:D

lolymoli
04-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Bought, and wow i never knew i could get addicted to slicing fruit. LOL!

mikeg123
04-21-2010, 12:59 AM
I can't resist any longer, d/l now! Plus, after enjoying Halfbrick's Blast Off game, I'd have a hard time passing up any game they release.

HalfbrickPhil
04-21-2010, 01:10 AM
Bought, and wow i never knew i could get addicted to slicing fruit. LOL!

I also noticed your comment on the front page TA review, I'm glad your initial uncertainty became an addiction. Thanks for your support!

EMTKiNG
04-21-2010, 01:19 AM
HalfBrickPhil were you in the video and which one were you ?LOL

Rocketman919
04-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Just lettin Halfbrick know that this is probably one of my favorite games to ever come out for this device. I usually prefer the short, quick ones, and this one really hits the spot. Glad to see that you are planning on supporting it for a while, I'm already eager for new modes. Already left my 5 star review. I really hope this is a hit. Good job to everyone involved. And the amount of polish is insane, I wish every game was like this.

BTW right now Im number 17 as "jettski1" (I changed phones and couldnt recover my old account) but Im planning on taking the top spot tomorrow. Im gonna be playing all day.

EDIT: I just read that and realized I sounded like an idiot with all of those stupid short sentences at the end, but whatever.

laladanger
04-21-2010, 01:27 AM
Wow I glanced over this earlier when I saw it on Appshopper. Just checked out this thread from the front page and now I'm also getting myself into becoming a fruit ninja.

EMTKiNG
04-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Wow I glanced over this earlier when I saw it on Appshopper. Just checked out this thread from the front page and now I'm also getting myself into becoming a fruit ninja.

LOL welcome to the fruit killing clan!

HalfbrickPhil
04-21-2010, 01:52 AM
HalfBrickPhil were you in the video and which one were you ?LOL

Nope, I was behind the camera. The banana is our lead programmer Steve, while the Ninja and Strawberry were the team from the comedy duo Skills in Time. You can check out their website at www.skillsintime.com

Just lettin Halfbrick know that this is probably one of my favorite games to ever come out for this device. I usually prefer the short, quick ones, and this one really hits the spot. Glad to see that you are planning on supporting it for a while, I'm already eager for new modes. Already left my 5 star review. I really hope this is a hit. Good job to everyone involved. And the amount of polish is insane, I wish every game was like this.

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks very much for your kind words and support. We really hoped Fruit Ninja would take off in a big way so with the help of Touch Arcade and fans such as yourself we should be able to keep bringing great content to Fruit Ninja. Let your friends know about the game and hopefully we should all be playing it for a long time!

laladanger
04-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Ossum game. I never thought slicing fruits could become so addicting. With it's precise touch controls and great sound/slicing effects, makes this the perfect pick up and play game. Just be wary of the sneaking bombs trying to end your ninja mission with just one slice.

Wow that was a lot of enthusiasm. Very good game, though, and the slice to retry keeps me slicing that button. I can't wait for the upcoming updates.

kiranb28
04-21-2010, 03:04 AM
There's something freakishly EVIL about this game. I spent the last 20 minutes on the crapper inside my office complex when I should have been working inside. From a high score of 22, to 59 to finally 173, there's no end to wanting to go at it again and again and again. This is going to go head-to-head with Tilt To Live for the best "Just One More Time, DAMNIT" game.

Simple concept, superbly executed - will leave a 5-star review in a couple of hours.

Suggestions/add-ons i'd like to see:
- Multi-slashing a fruit - I can't count how many times I badly wanted to re-slice those halves again into tiny shreds :P
- More varieties of fruit (already mentioned it would be in future upgrades by you)
- Better splat effects (perhaps more realistic, going towards the direction of your slash)
- Background options (add your own wallpaper, perhaps?)
- Different sword types (Wolverine's triplets :D)
- Vegetables? ;o

Cheers to developing a fun-filled and addictive gaming experience which will probably keep us happy for a long time to come.

The Bat Outta Hell
04-21-2010, 03:11 AM
Since other members pointed me here for laughs, I decided to buy this. It was TOYALLY worth it. One of the greatest pick up and play games I've played.

I'd say more, but I'm very tired. Anyway, well done to the developers.

loves2spoon
04-21-2010, 04:09 AM
I hate TA!! You people make me spend at least $10-$20 a day on games......

:D:D:D:D

EMTKiNG
04-21-2010, 04:14 AM
I hate TA!! You people make me spend at least $10-$20 a day on games......

:D:D:D:D

You know You Like It!!!:p

Zetaspawn
04-21-2010, 04:48 AM
Reminds me of the fruit chopping segment of rhythm heaven. Hmmm

EMTKiNG
04-21-2010, 04:51 AM
Reminds me of the fruit chopping segment of rhythm heaven. Hmmm

No Hmmmmmm just buy it!!:D

Zetaspawn
04-21-2010, 05:04 AM
Ok fine you win. I think I've already killed more fruit than I've eaten in my whole life.... One of the silly things I enjoy is the bananas sound.

nicolaxl
04-21-2010, 05:09 AM
the game is fun,i like in future more games mode and more bonus in stage and things to do.the only thing i don't get is the random double points one some hits...besides this and hoping in future update the game is very nice.

Zetaspawn
04-21-2010, 05:23 AM
I know it must be silly to see people telling you how to make your own game... But I did think of a few things that i think could make it even awesomer....

Making specific requirements to get the critical(slicing at the fruits highest point, slicing a certain amount of fruit in a specified time, slicing a certain amount in one slice, building up a combo by not having "empty" slicing) those all could be things that could have their own special point amount....

I agree with the background and additional fruit ideas... I'd like to see them unlockable... For reaching milestones. I don't want it all just handed to me.

And I like the idea of vegetables... But maybe feature them in their own special mode( use vegetables for time attack where you launch an absurd amount of vegetables and bombs and you have a countdown and slicing bombs cause you to lose time) I think that would be better than mixing in veggies into the main mode... Time attack would still be great with fruit too..

Maybe a better way to tell what is a whole fruit and what is a sliced fruit. I found myself either trying to slice one I already got, or missing one that was caught in the mess of fruit pieces.

You could also have a puzzle mode where each throw requires a single slice and there are bombs you'd have to dodge.

I'm sure you've thought of most of these by yourselves but I'm just mentioning what came to mind. Very enjoyable game. I gave it a 5 star review on iTunes. Congrats and I hope we see this climbing up the charts... You deserve it a lot more than most of the apps on there right now...

Oh also.... Ipad... Would be glorious chaos with all the screen.... also It screams multiplayer... Fruit battles... Maybe a mode where one person launches the fruit and the other slices?

EMTKiNG
04-21-2010, 05:25 AM
Come on guys if you love the game remember to review only takes a minute poor fruit ninja clan only has 4 ratings

nicolaxl
04-21-2010, 05:29 AM
I know it must be silly to see people telling you how to make your own game... But I did think of a few things that i think could make it even awesomer....

Making specific requirements to get the critical(slicing at the fruits highest point, slicing a certain amount of fruit in a specified time, slicing a certain amount in one slice, building up a combo by not having "empty" slicing) those all could be things that could have their own special point amount....

I agree with the background and additional fruit ideas... I'd like to see them unlockable... For reaching milestones. I don't want it all just handed to me.

And I like the idea of vegetables... But maybe feature them in their own special mode( use vegetables for time attack where you launch an absurd amount of vegetables and bombs and you have a countdown and slicing bombs cause you to lose time) I think that would be better than mixing in veggies into the main mode... Time attack would still be great with fruit too..

Maybe a better way to tell what is a whole fruit and what is a sliced fruit. I found myself either trying to slice one I already got, or missing one that was caught in the mess of fruit pieces.

You could also have a puzzle mode where each throw requires a single slice and there are bombs you'd have to dodge.

I'm sure you've thought of most of these by yourselves but I'm just mentioning what came to mind. Very enjoyable game. I gave it a 5 star review on iTunes. Congrats and I hope we see this climbing up the charts... You deserve it a lot more than most of the apps on there right now...

Oh also.... Ipad... Would be glorious chaos with all the screen.... also It screams multiplayer... Fruit battles... Maybe a mode where one person launches the fruit and the other slices?

agree..time attack would be nice too..in future multy would be nice too...i just review it on eu store.(5 stars)

Zetaspawn
04-21-2010, 05:31 AM
Come on guys if you love the game remember to review only takes a minute poor fruit ninja clan only has 4 ratings
Well hold on now. I've sent my review and it's not up yet. So I have faith that people are writing them... We just are seeing a delay in getting them published. I want to see 5 full shiny golden stars... That would get the average iphoners attention.

kiranb28
04-21-2010, 05:33 AM

5 Star rating and review submitted :D

kiranb28
04-21-2010, 05:36 AM
Well hold on now. I've sent my review and it's not up yet. So I have faith that people are writing them... We just are seeing a delay in getting them published. I want to see 5 full shiny golden stars... That would get the average iphoners attention.

Yeah I see that trend too.

On the other hand, i'm flattered that my comment from here got put up in the Appstore's game description, lol...

"Just spent 15 minutes on the crapper in my office complex playing this little gem of a game. Productivity -1"

EMTKiNG
04-21-2010, 05:37 AM

LOL it was just a friendly reminder wasn't saying any names or anything. I also want to see 5 golden stars!!:cool:

Fedorov
04-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Sounded tempting and worth a try at this price and very please I did - already left a 5-star review, I see this as being up there with Doodle Jump and Angry Birds for simple addictiveness! :)

MidianGTX
04-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Alright, you got me... I'm buying this now. Mostly due to the sense of dedication I'm getting from the devs here, so you'd better deliver!

Bozza
04-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Found a bug. I had reached game over so I quit the current game and went back to the menu. I then went into open feint and checked the facebook connectivity. Then I quit the game Completely but because it's so addictive! I went back on it about 5 minutes later. I was presented with a pause screen, which I proceeded to unpause. This put me back in my previous game, all my lives had gone (3 red crosses) but my score was still there (about 90) I went on to play and got a new high score, the game ended when I lost another life (4th life)

edit - I don't mean to sound negative because I LOVE this game, congratulations! This could easily be the next doodle jump/angry birds that people have been after.

My favorite fruit has to be the bananna, you've nailed the sound! So satisfying.

kiranb28
04-21-2010, 06:47 AM
218!!

Must... play... moreee.....

Muscat
04-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Found a bug. I had reached game over so I quit the current game and went back to the menu. I then went into open feint and checked the facebook connectivity. Then I quit the game Completely but because it's so addictive! I went back on it about 5 minutes later. I was presented with a pause screen, which I proceeded to unpause. This put me back in my previous game, all my lives had gone (3 red crosses) but my score was still there (about 90) I went on to play and got a new high score, the game ended when I lost another life (4th life)

Wow, great catch Bozza. Haven't seen this ourselves, but will most certainly get a fix in for the update! Thanks for the detailed description as well, will make it much easier for us to track down!

On the other hand, i'm flattered that my comment from here got put up in the Appstore's game description, lol...

"Just spent 15 minutes on the crapper in my office complex playing this little gem of a game. Productivity -1"

Haha, I hope you don't mind that we used it... when we read it it was just TOO awesome! Brought great joy to all the team here! :D

Alright, you got me... I'm buying this now. Mostly due to the sense of dedication I'm getting from the devs here, so you'd better deliver!

Don't worry about that... there is plenty more Fruit Ninja to come thats for sure ;)

Muscat
04-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Oh also.... Ipad... Would be glorious chaos with all the screen.... also It screams multiplayer...

I have nothing to officially say, but just thought I would quote this... :cool:

Thanks for all the feedback so far everyone! We are reading every single thing you guy's say and taking this whole update business super seriously, so keep it coming! :D

articulate
04-21-2010, 08:46 AM
I have just one small tiny suggestion.

Could you make the slices correlate with the slice location? Hmmm, kinda like Draw Slasher where if you slice the hair off a zombie pirate you really do slice off the scalp of it and not just cutting it in half.

I know that vertical/horizontal slices get recognised but sometimes when I slash fruit intentionally at an angle it slices it in half and I actually see a slash that doesn't quite correspond to where my finger was at that moment.

And I like that suggestion about slicing already sliced fruit! I want to chop that banana up into more pieces! :p

gunslinger
04-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Great game! Would be cool to have multipliers by slicing 2 or more fruits at once. And some bonuses like slow motion.

kiranb28
04-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Great game! Would be cool to have multipliers by slicing 2 or more fruits at once. And some bonuses like slow motion.

Yes Yes Yes! We need a YAN CAN COOK achievement!!

For you youngins, go look him up on Youtube :D

loves2spoon
04-21-2010, 09:56 AM
In the next update could you add the option to flip screen or auto rotate like most other games?

:)

Please make this for the iPad! Thani you

caltab
04-21-2010, 10:24 AM
didn't think a slicing game would hold my interest, but there is just enough going on here for it to be a great casual game. very fun

hkiphone
04-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Looks like I need to pick this one up then..Bazooka and Gabrien sold another copy:D

Indeed mate. This is a very simple game. Reminds me of Flight Control - damn simple to get, but gets increasingly wicked and you curse yourself for failing and just have to start again. The difficulty ramps up alot faster than FC, so it gets interesting real quick.

As someone else has noted, the slices do not always correspond to the angle you slice at. And you can't slice the halves again into quarters (could see a mini-game there or achievement for slicing a single pineapple into 16 pieces before they all fall!), but I'm sure the dev already has that in mind!

kiranb28
04-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Indeed mate. This is a very simple game. Reminds me of Flight Control - damn simple to get, but gets increasingly wicked and you curse yourself for failing and just have to start again. The difficulty ramps up alot faster than FC, so it gets interesting real quick.

As someone else has noted, the slices do not always correspond to the angle you slice at. And you can't slice the halves again into quarters (could see a mini-game there or achievement for slicing a single pineapple into 16 pieces before they all fall!), but I'm sure the dev already has that in mind!

I suggested the same before - looking forward to a) a multi-slice upgrade and b) a more realistic physics based slicing system (so the fruit doesn't always get sliced in half by default).

There are tons and tons of fun possibilities that can be added to this game - I hope the devs take advantage of them and deliver :D

Sxethang
04-21-2010, 11:21 AM
I saw this on appshopper yesterday and thought, oh brother what will they think of next, but after reading everything I must pick it up to see what I'm missing?

The Bat Outta Hell
04-21-2010, 05:38 PM
The fruit facts are awesome too.

This is gonna stay on my first page for a while.

heffdog116
04-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Sold!

The Bat Outta Hell
04-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Hell yeah 9th place. 340 fruits killed.

LMFAO Hodapp has 6!

Rocketman919
04-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Hell yeah 9th place. 340 fruits killed.

LMFAO Hodapp has 6!

Damn you bat. I'm gonna catch up. I was 11th, now more people are buying it and are pushing me further away. I wish people would stop buying this so I could eventually take the top spot. That's never gonna happen though

The Bat Outta Hell
04-21-2010, 06:29 PM
I hope they add more fruit killing sound effects. I hear the same ones much too often.

Rocketman919
04-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Ok I have some things that should be added. Actually just one, a full fledged pause menu. Could you at least have the mute buttons on the pause menu?

I also have some ideas for new modes that I'll post soon.

loves2spoon
04-21-2010, 06:42 PM
How about 2x 3x 4x speed, omg too much fruit! see how many you can slice!

p.s please no bombs in other game modes :D

Touchgamer3g
04-21-2010, 07:04 PM
At first I was skeptical about picking this up, but I am sure glad I did because it is a TON of fun! The swipe mechanism registers perfectly and the sound affects are great. The fruit facts are a really nice feature and make losing not so bad :)

It would be cool if you can chop the fruit into smaller pieces for a higher score, maybe that will be added in a future update.

For some reason the achievements I complete are not unlocking in OpenFeint. Is anyone else experiencing this?

MidianGTX
04-21-2010, 08:10 PM
My achievements didn't unlock at first, after exiting then reopening the app they were there.

I was wondering if there's any way to make the fruit splats permanent without affecting performance. It'd really be cool if you could keep adding more and more colours to the canvas without it disappearing, then you could also integrate "covered 75% of the screen in fruit juice" achievements.

Ddyracer123
04-21-2010, 09:11 PM
This game is awesome. My highscore right now is 135. The game gets surprisingly difficult once your score reaches 100. All i
can think up for updates is add more fruit and powerups that give you 10+ to
your score

heffdog116
04-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Already at #68 in overall games in the U.S. store

kwang1227
04-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Great game. Nice one developers.

CzarCastic
04-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Is the Critical Hit something that happens totally randomly, or can you somehow control when you get one?

HalfbrickPhil
04-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Is the Critical Hit something that happens totally randomly, or can you somehow control when you get one?

It's random, similar to critical hits in RPG battles and soforth. From here though, we have plans to build in more gameplay features and different types of hits to add to the core gameplay.

Criticals will also help you with some Openfeint achievements - it's rare but possible to get things like two criticals in one wave of fruit.

We're currently rising in all charts and hope to keep the momentum going. Thanks for everyone's support and keep spreading the good word!

Rocketman919
04-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Now tied for 17th with Bat. Damn.

Hey devs, Im a little pissed now because I hit a bomb that shouldnt have been there. Bat and I are kinda having a mini tournament thing and as I was creeping up on his score I was getting a little nervous. I was two fruits away and a fat pile of fruit came up in a clump and I thought "my god I just passed him." I was wrong.

Apparently, I hit the first two fruits to tie it up and then hit a bomb hidden behind the rest of the fruit. I did not see it, it was completely covered by fruit. This made me really mad because I felt that I could have gone on to the top.

Please look into this. I would really hate for this to happen again, to me or anyone else.

ataloss
04-21-2010, 11:47 PM
This game needs a "zen mode" a place where the fruit that didn't quite cut the grade ;) in the main arena can have a chance to meet their glorious and juicy doom...

Just you, the fruit and those wonderful and ambient background sound effects which can help pass the time... :D

articulate
04-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Now tied for 17th with Bat. Damn.

Hey devs, Im a little pissed now because I hit a bomb that shouldnt have been there. Bat and I are kinda having a mini tournament thing and as I was creeping up on his score I was getting a little nervous. I was two fruits away and a fat pile of fruit came up in a clump and I thought "my god I just passed him." I was wrong.

Apparently, I hit the first two fruits to tie it up and then hit a bomb hidden behind the rest of the fruit. I did not see it, it was completely covered by fruit. This made me really mad because I felt that I could have gone on to the top.

Please look into this. I would really hate for this to happen again, to me or anyone else.

I encountered that once, but I heard the telltale fizz of the bomb and started hacking the fruit one by one and sure enough it dropped down, cost me an X but saved my game ;)

airsosick
04-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Game is awesome, great job developers - I'm glad to see good games like this coming out of my homeland. :D

But, just a question - am I stupid, or is there no way to view your highscore without going into Openfeint? Keeping in mind that I don't have wifi (I'm working on it!), it kind of sucks that I can't view my highscores and see if I'm actually improving or not.

Rocketman919
04-22-2010, 12:08 AM
I encountered that once, but I heard the telltale fizz of the bomb and started hacking the fruit one by one and sure enough it dropped down, cost me an X but saved my game ;)

I was playing with sound off :(

laladanger
04-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Game is awesome, great job developers - I'm glad to see good games like this coming out of my homeland. :D

But, just a question - am I stupid, or is there no way to view your highscore without going into Openfeint? Keeping in mind that I don't have wifi (I'm working on it!), it kind of sucks that I can't view my highscores and see if I'm actually improving or not.

While offline you can go into Openfeint and click on leaderboards to view only your highscores and achievements.

Rocketman919
04-22-2010, 12:10 AM

Nope, youre not stupid. Unless Im stupid too. Thats another thing I would like, local high scores, in addition to openfeint. Right now you can only see your highest score, I would really like to see the top ten or so, maybe with initials like Scoops has. I would really like this so my friends and I can compete for the top spot on my device.

HalfbrickPhil
04-22-2010, 12:24 AM
In a very evil way I'm actually glad you guys are bringing up these issues - if only because we're addressing many of them with the first update and I'm looking forward to you guys enjoying the game more! As I speak there are guys behind me slashing away and testing new content, so I'll keep you in the loop right here about when it's available. Hint - it's very soon.

In the meantime, I have a question - which is your favorite fruit to slash? I'm actually hearing lots of reports on the banana, which oddly enough is the least dramatic. Thoughts?

airsosick
04-22-2010, 12:26 AM
While offline you can go into Openfeint and click on leaderboards to view only your highscores and achievements.

Thanks! I just tried that - it tells me my highest score I think, but it doesn't say anything about achievements. Might be because I don't have an OpenFeint account, though achievement notifications pop up during gameplay so... who knows.

Nope, youre not stupid. Unless Im stupid too. Thats another thing I would like, local high scores, in addition to openfeint. Right now you can only see your highest score, I would really like to see the top ten or so, maybe with initials like Scoops has. I would really like this so my friends and I can compete for the top spot on my device.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one that had trouble with it, but I agree, something local to the actual game would be cool, as opposed to having everything go through OF, even if it is just the top ten. It's the first time I've encountered something like this in a game. Not a deal breaker, just.. weird.

Other than that, this is one awesome purchase, especially since I can sneakily play it at work with nobody knowing what I'm doing. :p

Rocketman919
04-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Thanks! I just tried that - it tells me my highest score I think, but it doesn't say anything about achievements. Might be because I don't have an OpenFeint account, though achievement notifications pop up during gameplay so... who knows.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one that had trouble with it, but I agree, something local to the actual game would be cool, as opposed to having everything go through OF, even if it is just the top ten. It's the first time I've encountered something like this in a game. Not a deal breaker, just.. weird.

Other than that, this is one awesome purchase, especially since I can sneakily play it at work with nobody knowing what I'm doing. :p

Oh, they'll notice once you start shouting "DIE you vile fruit!" and see you slashing your iPhone like you're insane.

My favorite fruit is also the banana. I think the fact that it makes a different sound is awesome, and it really sounds like a banana would if you cut it in half.

laladanger
04-22-2010, 12:35 AM
In the meantime, I have a question - which is your favorite fruit to slash? I'm actually hearing lots of reports on the banana, which oddly enough is the least dramatic. Thoughts?

My favorite currently is the kiwi, although banana is slowly but surely creeping up into that place. I think what does it for me is how it has a soft, uncrisp sound unlike all the others.

I beat my highscore when I was offline, but when I got back online, it didn't show up as my highscore. That was a downer. Good thing I just beat that score though. Made me creep up 800 spots. :p

Woo 500th post!

airsosick
04-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Oh, they'll notice once you start shouting "DIE you vile fruit!" and see you slashing your iPhone like you're insane.

My favorite fruit is also the banana. I think the fact that it makes a different sound is awesome, and it really sounds like a banana would if you cut it in half.

I nearly completely gave myself away playing Tilt To Live once - when I died and saw I'd gotten a new high score score, I did a victory fist pump. It was a little awkward to say the least.

Favourite fruit - watermelon. I like how it splatters. :D

Zetaspawn
04-22-2010, 12:40 AM
In a very evil way I'm actually glad you guys are bringing up these issues - if only because we're addressing many of them with the first update and I'm looking forward to you guys enjoying the game more! As I speak there are guys behind me slashing away and testing new content, so I'll keep you in the loop right here about when it's available. Hint - it's very soon.

I would definitely have to say banana. And I think it has to do with the oddly satisfying sound of it's demise. I literally can't wait for the next update. I'm super psyched to see what you've learned from reactions and how you build this little guy up...

Also congratulations on your creep towards the top 50. Almost there!!!!

Rocketman919
04-22-2010, 01:39 AM
More suggestions.

Powerups. Stuff like Bomb Shield or other things. Idk. But powerups.

New modes. Here are a few of my ideas.

1. A mode where it throws up food in a certain shape and you have to get them all in one swipe. Like say for instance it throws up a circle of fruit with a bomb in the middle, you have to get it with one swipe.

2. Bomb frenzy. This mode throws up like 5 bombs and only 1 or 2 pieces of fruit, so you have to be precise with your cuts.

Ok other stuff. Themes. If you want to put in vegetables or other things, put them in but be sure that you can change back to the original fruit mode.

Whatever you do, don't change the classic mode. Just create more modes and have a whole bunch of leaderboards for each.

EMTKiNG
04-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Watermelon hands down its always butchered in videogames!:D

laladanger
04-22-2010, 02:02 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I think there should be a combo mode. The number of fruit cut in one slicing motion multiplies your score.

kiranb28
04-22-2010, 02:05 AM

Soon like... tomorrow?

This is honestly the first game on my iTouch that i'm eagerly awaiting an update for. The rest all are either 'good enough' or it seems the new update won't revamp the overall gameplay.

With this game, it's different - a small update could make the game so much more fun / challenging. Seeing the high scores rocket after adding multipliers / multi-slice will make it all the more amazing.

Submit it fast, please please please :D

The Bat Outta Hell
04-22-2010, 02:26 AM

I like killing strawberries.. All the fruit slashing encourages me to eat more of it =P

Also, if you make any serious gameplay changes, could you please make
it a different mode, and keep the current one under classic?

d1
04-22-2010, 04:34 AM
Combos would be nice, it'd be cool if there were other looks for the fruit after they've been slashed, like everyone else is saying different game modes.

But it is a good game :) Maybe more fruit would be good too.

rich_952000
04-22-2010, 04:54 AM
So I caved and bought it...pretty good:) I'd LOVE to see multi-fruit slashed combos.

ataloss
04-22-2010, 04:56 AM
So I caved and bought it...pretty good:) I'd LOVE to see multi-fruit slashed combos.

+1

that could lead to some insane scores. :D

sammysin
04-22-2010, 09:10 AM
I spoke to my girlfriend earlier and she told me she loves the banana slicing and dicing as well.

I personally like the apple and melon, something about the crunching!

caltab
04-22-2010, 09:15 AM
I really like this game, but I think it could use difficulty levels. The bombs are a key aspect of the gameplay, but it can be really frustrating to have slashed 275 fruit without a miss and then hit 1 bomb and it's over. It would be cool if there was an easy setting where if you hit a bomb it only counts as 1 missed fruit. You could also do a hard mode where you can only miss 1 fruit.

sammysin
04-22-2010, 09:27 AM
I really like this game, but I think it could use difficulty levels. The bombs are a key aspect of the gameplay, but it can be really frustrating to have slashed 275 fruit without a miss and then hit 1 bomb and it's over. It would be cool if there was an easy setting where if you hit a bomb it only counts as 1 missed fruit. You could also do a hard mode where you can only miss 1 fruit.

Agreed, sometimes I like playing games halfheartedly and this game demands nothing but 100% concentration and can be punishingly difficulty if you're not in the zone. I'd say the biggest thing it needs is a way to sort the bombs out.

Possibly a power up or a way of using your accelerometer to move the bombs in one direction while keeping the fruit as they were etc...

No idea, but it could stop it being so frustrating.

Back2funk
04-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Love the game - very simple to pick up and play but hard to put down. I agree with most of the suggestions in this thread about possible updates.

One thing that bugs me.... it's silly and says more about me than anything (for which I apologise). One of the facts about fruit says that nothing rhymes with orange - This is untrue. There's Blorenge - a mountain in South Wales. There's also the Old English Surname Gorringe.

I'm going to hang my head in shame now (and kill a few more fruit)

kiranb28
04-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Love the game - very simple to pick up and play but hard to put down. I agree with most of the suggestions in this thread about possible updates.

One thing that bugs me.... it's silly and says more about me than anything (for which I apologise). One of the facts about fruit says that nothing rhymes with orange - This is untrue. There's Blorenge - a mountain in South Wales. There's also the Old English Surname Gorringe.

I'm going to hang my head in shame now (and kill a few more fruit)

Other words that have no rhyme include:
silver, purple, month, ninth, pint, wolf, opus, dangerous, marathon and discombobulate.

caltab
04-22-2010, 10:17 AM
More suggestions.

Powerups. Stuff like Bomb Shield or other things. Idk. But powerups.

New modes. Here are a few of my ideas.

1. A mode where it throws up food in a certain shape and you have to get them all in one swipe. Like say for instance it throws up a circle of fruit with a bomb in the middle, you have to get it with one swipe.

2. Bomb frenzy. This mode throws up like 5 bombs and only 1 or 2 pieces of fruit, so you have to be precise with your cuts.

Ok other stuff. Themes. If you want to put in vegetables or other things, put them in but be sure that you can change back to the original fruit mode.

Whatever you do, don't change the classic mode. Just create more modes and have a whole bunch of leaderboards for each.

I definitely agree that they should leave the original mode as untouched as possible, but I also love the idea of power ups in another mode.

Back2funk
04-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Other words that have no rhyme include:
silver, purple, month, ninth, pint, wolf, opus, dangerous, marathon and discombobulate.

Not true i'm affraid. For a start, Chilver (old english word for a female lamb) rhymes with silver.

MidianGTX
04-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Other words that have no rhyme include: purple

Hirple, to walk with a limp.

Curple, the hindquarters or the rump of a horse, a strap under the girth of a horse's saddle to stop the saddle from kicking forward.

Tikicobra
04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Here are a few very small graphical suggestions:

I think the background should maybe be a little bit lighter. It looks pretty dark and it's kind of hard to see the details, which looks a little bland. Maybe the ability to select multiple backgrounds would help.

Also, I think the pause button is kind of ugly. :-P

Other than that I love this game. Totally worth the keesh.

MidianGTX
04-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Also, I think the pause button is kind of ugly. :-P

I was thinking that too now you mention it. Perhaps just remove it altogether and use a two/three-finger tap for pausing? Either way, the pause button and pause screen are the only parts that don't look too good... it looks like they've yet to be incorporated into the theme.

ikemike
04-22-2010, 06:23 PM
I think that a "fruit frenzy" mode should be implemented, where huge amounts of fruit are thrown in the air, but no bombs. Same rule- Three missed fruit and you're out, but there is so much fruit in the air which make it harder to get them all.

Also, maybe a dual-slice mode where you can use two fingers to cut fruit instead of one. I'm not sure whether this is entirely needed, as it it relatively easy to get all the fruit using one finger... But I suppose that this could be implemented in the "fruit frenzy" mode described above.

Also, a portrait mode would be awesome. I'm not sure how you'd do it, but I'd really love to be able to play this in portrait. If so, this would add to the few good games I have that I am able to play one-handed (as cutting fruit on the far left is really hard using only one hand.)

Muscat
04-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all the feedback so far guys! We are most definitely listening!

Obviously some ideas are bigger than others, but we have already made some changes based off your feedback for update #1.

:D

Based off stuff you guys have said we have:

Made the pause button look a bit nicer
Made the background a bit nicer. It is a bit brighter, and has a mild vignette effect.
Multi touch supported. You can use up to 5 fingers at once to slice that fruit!
Best score displayed in game... no need to go into Openfeint!
More fruit! Woo!

http://www.fruitninja.com/screenshots/image_04.jpg

EMTKiNG
04-22-2010, 08:53 PM
OMG is that a mango!!!

Peter Starks™
04-22-2010, 08:57 PM
lol cool. looking fwd to this update

ataloss
04-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Just a random thought... it seems like a lot of the fruit is quite large in size. Well, how about smaller fruitly friends such as raspberries, blackberries, dragon fruit (may be this could be connected to some kind of powerup?:rolleyes:).... .

..anyway, the point being that these smaller fruits could appear later as the difficulty increases - maybe smaller fruit account for two points, larger ones just receive one?:confused:

EDIT: how about cherries? Cutting one in half would release the seed inside at high speed and spearing another - combo points?

caltab
04-22-2010, 09:29 PM
sweet, multitouch...also this game works great on the ipad...I'd love to see an ipad optimized version

loves2spoon
04-22-2010, 09:31 PM
sweet, multitouch...also this game works great on the ipad...I'd love to see an ipad optimized version

All game work great on the iPad, they just look like crap... lol

Edit: Games not "Yet" enhanced for iPad.

ikemike
04-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Hmm... Multi-touch... Local multiplayer? Not sure how it could be implemented...

Maybe, each side of the device has a playing area. The fruit's gravity is in the direction of the player. The fruit is the same size- the playing area is just smaller. Every time a player gets 5 fruits sliced, they get a bomb, with a maximum of three bombs in the inventory. They are activated by tapping the bomb button in the bottom right/left corner. At the press of the button, a bomb is tossed up on the opponent's side. This way, there is some strategy.

This could be an interesting alternative to the usual "Hey, beat my high score!".

kiranb28
04-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks for all the feedback so far guys! We are most definitely listening!

Obviously some ideas are bigger than others, but we have already made some changes based off your feedback for update #1.

:D

Based off stuff you guys have said we have:

Made the pause button look a bit nicer
Made the background a bit nicer. It is a bit brighter, and has a mild vignette effect.
Multi touch/slice supported
Best score displayed in game... no need to go into Openfeint!
More fruit! Woo!

Thanks Muscat, but one clarification: I hope by "multi-slice", you mean you added the ability to slice a fruit FURTHER than just once? Instead of just in halves, in quarters for example? And then into bits more after that?

Any changes in scoring/criticals by the way?
Ex: if you slice 4 fruits together?

Muscat
04-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks Muscat, but one clarification: I hope by "multi-slice", you mean you added the ability to slice a fruit FURTHER than just once? Instead of just in halves, in quarters for example? And then into bits more after that?

Any changes in scoring/criticals by the way?
Ex: if you slice 4 fruits together?

To be clear what I meant was multi touch is now enabled, not that you can cut fruit into smaller pieces. You can now use up to 5 fingers at once to slice fruit! Its fun to get 2 people around the iPhone and try and handle one half of the screen each. The tricky thing is that its kind of like 2 on 2 ping pong... when a fruit comes right up the middle no one knows who should go for it! :D Also, using 3 fingers at once gives a sure fire feeling of being Wolverine.

No changes to scoring and stuff for update 1, but we have some stuff we are prototyping right now (as I type!) for update #2. :cool:

laladanger
04-22-2010, 10:17 PM

I really want to cut the banana further. It just slipped into my favorite fruit spot. The subtle sound effect and feel did it for me. I'm pretty sure, however, he meant the ability to slice with more than one finger on the screen. (The two slicing marks in the screenshot).

The background looks a lot better now. Is that a mango I see?

The Bat Outta Hell
04-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Lol somehow I got 3 X's and kept playing. I took a picture too.

HalfbrickPhil
04-23-2010, 02:59 AM
Hey guys, thanks so much for your suggestions, and keep them coming. The more we have the more we can add to future updates. We hopefully shouldn't take too long between any one update, we want to keep the content coming at a reasonable pace.

And great news - we have just hit the number 3 spot in Australia for all paid apps, and still rising! All Australian fans, we love you. Let's get #1!

We're also still rising in the USA, and this thread has been fantastic. Keep letting your friends know and soon we'll hopefully make a solid break into the top 100. From there we'll do our best to satisfy everyone who has bought the game.

First update is on the way, and we're already working on the second. Now I have another question for everyone - if you would like to see a ninja beating up a guy dressed in a crappy fruit costume, what fruit costume would be the most hilarious?

EMTKiNG
04-23-2010, 03:16 AM
Hey guys, thanks so much for your suggestions, and keep them coming. The more we have the more we can add to future updates. We hopefully shouldn't take too long between any one update, we want to keep the content coming at a reasonable pace.

And great news - we have just hit the number 3 spot in Australia for all paid apps, and still rising! All Australian fans, we love you. Let's get #1!

We're also still rising in the USA, and this thread has been fantastic. Keep letting your friends know and soon we'll hopefully make a solid break into the top 100. From there we'll do our best to satisfy everyone who has bought the game.

First update is on the way, and we're already working on the second. Now I have another question for everyone - if you would like to see a ninja beating up a guy dressed in a crappy fruit costume, what fruit costume would be the most hilarious?

OMG great question I'd say grapes or pear. then have a banana come in at the end with marracas and sing its peanut butter jelly time!!!

articulate
04-23-2010, 04:28 AM
i'd say the durian. not many people know this fruit though, it's common in asia. but no ninja would want to "beat" up a durian ;P

EMTKiNG
04-23-2010, 04:31 AM
i'd say the durian. not many people know this fruit though, it's common in asia. but no ninja would want to "beat" up a durian ;P

is that the stinky fruit?

kiranb28
04-23-2010, 04:46 AM

Yep, the green spiky one.

Doing the PBJ dance as a banana would be funny... 2 seconds before he's struck down by a ninja ;o

Ricinator
04-23-2010, 05:00 AM
Hey devs at Halfbrick! This game looks awesome! Some suggestions would be- Different game modes, what ataloss said about smaller fruit= harder to slice therefore more points and also being able to cut a fruit into more pieces, not just into 2. Definitely gonna pick this one up as soon as i can!

EDIT: WOOOOT 100 comments! lol pretty good for me cuz i normally read other peoples comments and not make many myself :P

sammysin
04-23-2010, 06:29 AM
Liking the mango and the brighter background!
This is number 43 in the UK top 100 games. Congrats!

iTouch.lover22
04-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Just picked it up last night, and having great fun! I love the sound effects and the graphics, just awesome :D I've already prepared a fruit salad of over 3500 pieces of fruit :p

Bozza
04-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Can't wait for the update!

kiranb28
04-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Can't wait for the update!

Please release it today :P

MidianGTX
04-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Now I have another question for everyone - if you would like to see a ninja beating up a guy dressed in a crappy fruit costume, what fruit costume would be the most hilarious?

I'd say for pure comic effect it'd have to be the banana. I know you've already used it in your trailer, but I think a better effect would be a half-peeled version. Oh, and anything that's not well-known enough instantly loses comic appeal.

antispin
04-23-2010, 10:20 AM
I want persistent fruit splatter on the wall! The sight juices me up. MURDER TIME!!11

Greensheep
04-24-2010, 01:30 AM
Wow almost on top 100 apps:D im really happy for you guys this is an awesome app:)

articulate
04-24-2010, 09:19 AM

stinky to uncultured noses. but yes :)

'Jeep
04-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Can't believe I'm still on the fence for this one... Who will give me the right push/reason to make a move?

kiranb28
04-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Can't believe I'm still on the fence for this one... Who will give me the right push/reason to make a move?

You're spending time with too many useless games (in your sig). Fruit Ninja is all you will ever really need :cool:

jyhjyh
04-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Can't believe it.
I just love this game - why is a game as simple as this so funny :)

HalfbrickPhil
04-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Awesome stuff guys, Fruit Ninja is still rising in the charts and we are getting heaps of great responses. It has a five-star rating and is at #2 in the Australian all paid apps! We are also in the top ten of many European countries and in the top 50 in the USA! With you help we can get to the top ten there.

Our first update is already submitted and we're simply waiting for it to pass. It's just a taste of what you will be getting in the near future. Both Muscat and I have been hard at work designing the update system and how each new element of gameplay will interact - this is the way we want Fruit Ninja to be!

AppSmile - http://www.appsmile.com/2010/04/23/fruit-ninja-serves-up-fresh-gaming/

148apps - http://www.148apps.com/news/friday-april-23rd-2010/

Appolicious - http://www.appolicious.com/games/articles/1751-chaos-rings-sonic-2-top-the-best-iphone-games-of-the-week

Thanks for everyone's great reviews on iTunes also, they really help to boost the game up.

I have a question about Openfeint - who uses it on a regular basis? Do you utilise the Friends feature, and take pride on your profile in the same way as someone would on say, Xbox Live? We want to make sure our Openfeint experience for you guys is as optimal as possible.

iTouch.lover22
04-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Awesome stuff guys, Fruit Ninja is still rising in the charts and we are getting heaps of great responses. It has a five-star rating and is at #2 in the Australian all paid apps! We are also in the top ten of many European countries and in the top 50 in the USA! With you help we can get to the top ten there.

Our first update is already submitted and we're simply waiting for it to pass. It's just a taste of what you will be getting in the near future. Both Muscat and I have been hard at work designing the update system and how each new element of gameplay will interact - this is the way we want Fruit Ninja to be!

AppSmile - http://www.appsmile.com/2010/04/23/fruit-ninja-serves-up-fresh-gaming/

148apps - http://www.148apps.com/news/friday-april-23rd-2010/

Appolicious - http://www.appolicious.com/games/articles/1751-chaos-rings-sonic-2-top-the-best-iphone-games-of-the-week

Thanks for everyone's great reviews on iTunes also, they really help to boost the game up.

I have a question about Openfeint - who uses it on a regular basis? Do you utilise the Friends feature, and take pride on your profile in the same way as someone would on say, Xbox Live? We want to make sure our Openfeint experience for you guys is as optimal as possible.

Congratz on all the rankings! What's being added in the coming updates?? Dunno bout you, but I think it would be completely insane to have a free play mode where fruit just continuously flies up, no bombs :) As for Openfeint, lots of people use it. The best thing you could do now is add more achievements :) Can you give us a hint what the secret achievements are?? :rolleyes:

ikemike
04-24-2010, 09:32 PM

[...]

Nice! I'm quite excited about this next update: it includes non-Openfeint high scores, right? Can I upload the high scores to Openfeint after achieving them in offline mode?

I use it when I can, for the achievements (my "gamerscore" is 1341 xD) Achievements are the only thing I use Openfeint for: I don't really use the friends feature. Also, I prefer being able to see an offline high score table, as Openfeint takes a while to boot up, and the previously mentioned offline problem.

sidewinder12s
04-25-2010, 12:48 AM
I am a bit on the fence too over this game, and many others.

EMTKiNG
04-25-2010, 12:51 AM
just buy it! its only a dollar where else can you slice all the fruit you hate for a dollar!!:D

sidewinder12s
04-25-2010, 12:57 AM
just buy it! its only a dollar where else can you slice all the fruit you hate for a dollar!!:D

I know its only a dollar, but buying a lot of only a dollar Apps that suck adds up!

I want to know that you will want to play it more then the one time after buying it.

EMTKiNG
04-25-2010, 01:00 AM
I know its only a dollar, but buying a lot of only a dollar Apps that suck adds up!

I want to know that you will want to play it more then the one time after buying it.

LOL true

Squeaker
04-25-2010, 02:12 AM
I bought this on impulse, thinking 'how fun could slicing fruit be', and oh ho, it IS fun.

Kudos to the dev for wonderful touch controls, work like a charm and slicing up fruit is such a joy.

Would love to see ninja slicing up durian and it's best friend the mangosteen. To whoever who said it's a stinky fruit, it's not. It's the most aromatic food in the world. :D

laladanger
04-25-2010, 02:22 AM

I bought it too thinking how fun can slicing fruit be, but after reading a few pages of this thread, I decided to get it. Let me tell you it makes slicing fruit addictive. For me I think it is its accurate touch controls and sound effects.

kiranb28
04-25-2010, 02:50 AM
Waiting for the update to get approved :/

Ricinator
04-25-2010, 02:57 AM
Yeah, same. I really wanna slice up some mangoes and use multislice! My favourite fruit to slice right now is most definitely the banana. I love the noise it makes, is smooth to cut, spins outta control and is just awesome!

Chumbake
04-25-2010, 03:06 AM
I just bought this. I was on the edge. I've only played one game but had to come here and post. It's really well made, and quite fun. Back to cutting fruit!

Great job developers.

OctopodSquad
04-25-2010, 03:39 AM
The best game I have ever played in a while
I've only just made this TouchArcade account just to reply for this thread.
A few suggestions is for fruit to be thrown down from above attached to a rope (later in the gameplay) so you perhaps need to not expect everything from being thrown
Maybe bombs disguised as fruit too.

Hope this game meets sweet success, and I will be looking into more games by this developer in the future :)
Thanks for awesome game

'Jeep
04-25-2010, 03:49 AM
ok, I stopped wasting my time on my other apps for a second...
If it doesn't work out for me at least I'll have an easy way to get my 5 a day in the future. One question: achievements don't seem to register in OF. Anybody else had this?

Great fun otherwise, simple but hypnotically obsessivily compulsive, or obsessively hypnotically compulsive. The merit is in the simplicity to fun ratio. Remarkable.

OctopodSquad
04-25-2010, 03:50 AM
If it doesn't work out for me at least I'll have an easy way to get my 5 a day in the future. One question: achievements don't seem to register in OF. Anybody else had this?

Great fun otherwise, simple but hypnotically obsessivily compulsive, or obsessively hypnotically compulsive. The merit is in the simplicity to fun ratio. Remarkable.

Hmm, you mean acheivments for Fruit Ninja? Cause' I think I've never earned any acheivments for that game. (is there any to begin with?)

Ricinator
04-25-2010, 03:53 AM

I had that problem when i first started. Once i stopped playing and came back to it later, they registered.

Squeaker
04-25-2010, 03:59 AM
Achievements will register after you relaunch the game again.

OctopodSquad
04-25-2010, 04:00 AM
I just checked my acheivments and there were XD.
Thinking back at it I've never had this problem.

/offtopic Btw Ricinator I just added you :P

'Jeep
04-25-2010, 04:43 AM
Thank you guys, relaunching the game sorted it!

This game is ninja-bad: I was fine at 128, then lost 3 lives in less than 10 secs. Sometimes you just get a bad throw with a bomb just over a fruit all the time it's in the air. Anybody noticed if slashing down (quicker) works better than slicing up (avoiding bombs)?

It seems the game always takes a relaunch to update OF.

HalfbrickPhil
04-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks so much for all your kind words guys, it's so great to see new players coming in and commenting. I'll say the same thing I've been saying for a few days now - you won't regret your purchase and you can look forward to frequent updates. our first one is already submitted and this very week we'll all be working on the next one!

Not sure if the Openfeint achievement issue is us or them, but we'll investigate first thing and get it sorted.

If you've bought the game and love it, please give a good rating and let your friends know! We've been teetering on the edge of the USA top 100 for a few days and just need that extra little shove to get into the extra exposure. Your support is very much appreciated!

To those who are uncertain of this game's replayability - I checked the leaderboards, and with over 15,000 players some have total fruit slashed in the tens of thousands. I think the number one player is over 40k fruit now, and the leaderboards just goes on like that. It should be testament to how fun the core mechanic is to play - and like I said, more updates and modes will be coming to keep the game fresh over the long haul!

Chumbake
04-25-2010, 03:24 PM
It's definitely repayable. I'm loving it.

I've also added this to my iPad, and it's really fun on the bigger screen too. I'm actually better at this on the iPad then my iPhone.

OctopodSquad
04-25-2010, 04:03 PM
I've never rated an app in my life, you sure it will do
some good?

ArtNJ
04-25-2010, 07:58 PM
My whole family is playing it nonstop today.

I think that if you have all 3 of your lives and hit one hundred you should go up to four lives. Would reward good play and also make it a little easier to play longer.

Fletch11
04-25-2010, 08:05 PM
My whole family is playing it nonstop today.

I think that if you have all 3 of your lives and hit one hundred you should go up to four lives. Would reward good play and also make it a little easier to play longer.

I was thinking the same thing or a special fruit that makes an X go away.

MidianGTX
04-25-2010, 08:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing or a special fruit that makes an X go away.

An X disappears every 100 fruit anyway, so it's more or less the same thing.

d1
04-25-2010, 09:32 PM
I think at this point the only thing the game really needs is more fruit, and different modes. Someone mentioned a mode where there's no bombs, only a lot of fruit getting flinged; in essence I guess that could be considered a Survival mode, which would be more than welcome. I.Hate.Bombs. :p

Oh, and multi-slashing [As in, you could slice n' dice fruit]

iTouch.lover22
04-25-2010, 09:53 PM
I think at this point the only thing the game really needs is more fruit, and different modes. Someone mentioned a mode where there's no bombs, only a lot of fruit getting flinged; in essence I guess that could be considered a Survival mode, which would be more than welcome. I.Hate.Bombs. :p

Oh, and multi-slashing [As in, you could slice n' dice fruit]

Glad to see someone else likes my idea =D And same here, I hate bombs!!

ikemike
04-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Glad to see someone else likes my idea =D And same here, I hate bombs!!

Of course, I'm not sure exactly how much skill would be involved in such a mode...

But it'd sure be fun! xD

Drucifer
04-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Finally picked this one up and I'm glad I did. Already had a number of games but I'm not too good yet. I'm hoping I start to get better but damn, when there is a bunch of stuffed that gets tossed up it can get hard to hit them all unless you really start swipping away at the screen then you risk hitting a bomb. :(

magihiro
04-26-2010, 01:02 AM

What would be the point? You can just keep waving your finger constantly on the screen, slashing everything and never losing.

Greensheep
04-26-2010, 01:15 AM
What would be the point? You can just keep waving your finger constantly on the screen, slashing everything and never losing.

yeah seriously. If you guys notice during rapid fruit only waves you can just swipe right and left under the fruit and none would get past you.

klicktock
04-26-2010, 01:44 AM
No bombs? Haha.

Anyway, gratz Halfbrick on a really great iPhone game.
Enjoying it a great deal. Love the fact that the games are over nice and quick. I can't stand these survival games where time is just ticking on.
Great graphics, classy gameplay, and great "game feel".

The Bat Outta Hell
04-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Removing bombs and having a ton of fruit popping up wouldn't work. Imagine the lag, since it already slightly slows down while a lot of slashing and fruits are on the screen.

Drucifer
04-26-2010, 02:25 AM
For some reason the achievement won't unlock for Fruit Ninja which is only a score of 50 yet I've already got the achievement Great Fruit Ninja for getting a score of 100. :confused:

iTouch.lover22
04-26-2010, 02:31 AM
yeah seriously. If you guys notice during rapid fruit only waves you can just swipe right and left under the fruit and none would get past you.

I understand that, but I was suggesting this as a free play mode, kinda like sandbox mode in ZombieSmash. In that you can also spam weapons and the zombies wouldn't have a chance, but it's still fun rite?? It would be fun to simply be able to slash the fruit and enjoy making those big combos, and no lives so that there's no pressure :)

laladanger
04-26-2010, 02:47 AM
I just thought of this. How about a mode so that if you slice the same fruits together in one swipe you get a combo. Like say 2 kiwis, a strawberry, and a watermelon fly up, you slice the kiwis together and get a combo. Then you go for the other fruits getting no combo. ...Or you lose points for mixing fruits, but that might not be as much fun.

Drucifer
04-26-2010, 09:54 AM
I just thought of this. How about a mode so that if you slice the same fruits together in one swipe you get a combo. Like say 2 kiwis, a strawberry, and a watermelon fly up, you slice the kiwis together and get a combo. Then you go for the other fruits getting no combo. ...Or you lose points for mixing fruits, but that might not be as much fun.

I agree I think we should be rewarded for cutting multiple ones in one slice. Maybe you could reward bonus points. I know this might make it easy to get extra points especially if people stick to just trying 2 at a time so maybe you could make it so you only got a bonus if you linked 3 or 4 or higher.

Another idea is a challenge mode. Maybe have a mode where it tosses a bunch of fruit up for bit and the goal is to maybe slice 10 bananas without cutting anything else. You could use this same idea to create a number of different challenges people could try to do.

Also still having problems with achievements not unlocking. I have Fruit Frenzy for killing 1000 Fruit total and Fruit Blitzh for 500 fruit killed but I don't have Fruit Fight which is only kill 150 total fruit. I also still haven't unlocked the one for scoring 50 and my highest so far is 277.

One idea as an improvement is to remove the achievement notifications during gameplay and maybe just show what you unlocked after you lose. Often things are so hectic on the screen you don't have time to read the achievement details anyway so at the end of the game it would be nice to see what you did actually acomplish. Also more achievements are always welcomed, I'm loving the game and would have tons of fun going for more.... assuming they were working and all of course.

ArtNJ
04-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Hard modes are always welcome in a game like this. My high is around 350, and while that only took a few minutes, it does start kind of slow. The nice thing about a hard mode is that no one can get mad at you for changing the game.

One problem: there does seem to be the occassional fruit/bomb placement configuration where losing lives is almost inevitable, and this can be true quite early -- I have had it happen at 80ish several times. Its not common, but it does happen. You might take a look at your random trajectory selection system and see if you can fine tune it a little.

Other suggestions, I am not too sure about since simplicity is certainly a positive. That said, a couple of ideas:

(1) fruit coming from the sides or even top might be interesting.

(2) could possibly add vegetables as well, pumpkin, etc, which subtract points but dont take a life.

(3) fast paced bonus round at 150 or 200 might be fun.

laladanger
04-26-2010, 10:21 AM
I agree with what Drucifer said. The achievements popping up create lag when on points in the hundreds for me. When I scored 200 points and got the acievement, I lost the last 2 lives from the lag of the achievement popping up. I also think they should go at the end if it's possible. Like he said you also don't have enough time to fully read it.

Drucifer
04-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Woohoo, found 1 secret achievement. :D

Shumby
04-26-2010, 10:51 AM
at the risk of being blasted for not reading the whole thread...

has anyone else noticed the game not reading your touch? especially when swiping down near the bottom. I know I'm not missing the screen!

Greensheep
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I understand that, but I was suggesting this as a free play mode, kinda like sandbox mode in ZombieSmash. In that you can also spam weapons and the zombies wouldn't have a chance, but it's still fun rite?? It would be fun to simply be able to slash the fruit and enjoy making those big combos, and no lives so that there's no pressure :)

oh ok. yeah that sounds like a good idea.

Greensheep
04-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Woohoo, found 1 secret achievement. :D

hahaha cool have u found the sort of dirty one?:p

The Bat Outta Hell
04-26-2010, 09:34 PM
I've found two secrets. Maybe I'll find the third after that comment :D

Drucifer
04-26-2010, 10:41 PM
hahaha cool have u found the sort of dirty one?:p

Dirty? Nope, it was pretty damn simple. Now I have to try to think of this dirty one you talk of.

The Bat Outta Hell
04-26-2010, 10:55 PM
It's fairly easy to guess. ;)

I need one more secret achievement. But can't think of another number with significance.

laladanger
04-27-2010, 12:40 AM
What finger do you guys use to slice fruit? I always use my middle finger. Can't play with any other one. :p

ImaRetroMan
04-27-2010, 12:54 AM
What finger do you guys use to slice fruit? I always use my middle finger. Can't play with any other one. :p

Really? Middle finger? I use my pinky!! Lol just kidding! I use my index finger(s)

Drucifer
04-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Anyone want to give hints to the secret achievements? I have two of them, I got the dirty one and I have another one. ;)

EDIT: Got another secret achievement but have no idea what the last one might be. :(

EMTKiNG
04-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Fruit ninja update out now!!!

aznriceboi13
04-27-2010, 07:41 PM
I haz found the dirty achievement on accident :P

The Bat Outta Hell
04-27-2010, 08:02 PM
I have 3 as well. Got teehee, and two others. Hints!

OctopodSquad
04-27-2010, 08:07 PM
The new update ruined my game! I have an Ipod Touch 3g 3.1.3 32gb and it can't start! Always crashes. If anyone is releasing a fix for this good. First ever game problem I've had so it's unlikely it's my iPod doing this...
Was so excited ;(

It only shows the logo loading screen then crash..

pedizzle77
04-27-2010, 08:32 PM
this game is so ****ing addictive

The Bat Outta Hell
04-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Update is out! It works for me, but seems to stutter more often than before.

ImaRetroMan
04-27-2010, 08:46 PM
What's going on for the NEXT update? Just wondering... More modes, more fruits, directional splatters, multi slicing (NOT multi fingers)?

Oh! and BTW awesome update!! I love the pear!! and the high score now being able to see while playing!

Muscat
04-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Hey loyal Fruit Ninja fans, thanks very much for downloading the update. Here is the information just sent out:

April 28th, 2010 – Precisely one week after the worldwide release, Fruit Ninja's first juicy update is here with heaps of great extra content to improve the hottest new game on the App store! Halfbrick is continually working on the game to improve the slash-tastic experience, as well as taking feedback from members of the community on Twitter, Facebook and gaming forums!

Here is what you can expect in today’s free update:

- New fruit: We proudly welcome two new additions to the Fruit Ninja family - Mango and Pear! They can look forward to a short and painful life.
- Multislash: Take to the screen with more than one finger at a time and slash to your heart's content! -
- High score: Now displayed in-game for you to keep constant track of your best Fruit Ninja score!
- Three new Openfeint Achievements!
- 10 new fruit facts!
- Improved font and background for even more beautiful fruit carnage!
- Collision / bug fixes and improvements!

Thanks for taking part in the Fruit Ninja way of life, and we look forward to serving you even more new content and gameplay in update 2!

Now, if everyone who has the game could do us a big favor and begin rating the game that would be a huge help! Unfortunately every update seems to mean ratings start again fresh, so hopefully we can kick it back up to five stars where it was before!

And just a quick note on the issue of stuttering - It stutters for a little bit after you first update because it needs to do a bit of Openfeint work in the background, it should clear up once this is done!

Geoffwb
04-27-2010, 08:52 PM
I found two secret achievements:

SPOILER:

- Slice 0 fruit.
- Slice 69 fruit.

Anyone want to give a hint as to what the other ones are?

laladanger
04-27-2010, 09:18 PM
I found two secret achievements

Well you just gave it away for anyone who wanted to unlock it themselves. >.> Put it in white font with a spoiler alert next time.

Drucifer
04-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Well you just gave it away for anyone who wanted to unlock it themselves. >.> Put it in white font with a spoiler alert next time.

Agree. I found out 3 of the secret achievements and didn't post them so it didn't spoil it for others. Also know what the forth one is now too but it might take a bit to get.

Damn. Since the update the game doesn't seem as responsive as before. Before the update I could play and never miss anything until I got really high up but now there are times where my swipes aren't recognized and I get a strike. :( Anyone else experiencing this too?

laladanger
04-27-2010, 10:35 PM
I stumbled across both those achievements without even realizing they were secrets.

So I shouldn't download the update? Seems to be causing a lot of lag, but the new fruits are really tempting me.

Drucifer
04-27-2010, 10:59 PM
I stumbled across both those achievements without even realizing they were secrets.

So I shouldn't download the update? Seems to be causing a lot of lag, but the new fruits are really tempting me.

Yeah you should get it, just restart your device before playing the game.

I've been playing a lot since I downloaded it and everything seems to be fine. I thought it didn't feel as responsive but I was able to pull off some more good scores and get the last secret achievement. Only one left now is kill 10,000 total fruit which I should hit today or tomorrow. :)

tunawrap
04-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Fruit I'd love to see in a future update: Coconut! It would be pretty awesome to cut open a hollow coconut and see the juice fly everywhere :D

laladanger
04-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Fruit I'd love to see in a future update: Coconut! It would be pretty awesome to cut open a hollow coconut and see the juice fly everywhere :D
Wow I agree. I don't know about you, but coconuts are harder to break than other fruits....so maybe a 2-3 hit slice with a awesome splash effect at the end. :)

Devilishly Good
04-28-2010, 12:18 AM
or how about a durian or a star fruit

Greensheep
04-28-2010, 12:27 AM
wow the update looks awesome:) i wish i could buy the game but im out of money lol. Oh well at least i still have the beta haha

OctopodSquad
04-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Just make a top-down half cut of a banana..
It looks unrealistix when I cut it top-down and it always think I cut left-right.

Squeaker
04-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Question: Does the ninja like tomato or cucumber?

OctopodSquad
04-28-2010, 04:51 AM
I noticed while playing it's kinda choppy..
Is this game supposes to run 60 fps?
Cause it isn't.

Random_Guy
04-28-2010, 05:59 AM
Is this game as addictive as people are saying it is?

ataloss
04-28-2010, 06:05 AM
Is this game as addictive as people are saying it is?

It satisfies a part of my inner ninja I never knew existed. :D It's good ;)

ArtNJ
04-28-2010, 06:15 AM
Its been so long since I had a mango I thought you screwed up the shape, but on googling them, I guess they really do look like that. :D

sammysin
04-28-2010, 06:21 AM
I could have sworn there was going to be multi slice included in this update.

CzarCastic
04-28-2010, 07:26 AM
I could have sworn there was going to be multi slice included in this update.

There is. You can use multiple fingers to create more than one sword swipe at a time. The fruit can still only be cut in half.

sammysin
04-28-2010, 07:33 AM
That's what I was saying, I thought there was going to be more than one way to slice a fruit in this update.

CzarCastic
04-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Oh. No. That was never announced by the devs. It might have been speculated by someone, or maybe someone incorrectly interpreted the "multiswipe" that was included in the update.

Sambo110
04-28-2010, 08:18 AM
This is strangely fun. Only played 3 or 4 games, got a high score of 186. Going back to play more now!

Drucifer
04-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Alright so had more time with the game and thought I would finally post impressions (mostly regarding the update) and things I would like to see in updates. Also I just posted a glowing review for the updated version of the game on the App Store. :D

- A few fruit that I think would be a nice addition: Pomegranates, Coconuts, and Papayas.

- I have completed each achievement so additional achievements are welcomed of course.

- I wish the game would permanently remember my preference for the audio. Kind of annoying to have to turn the off each time I go to play a game.

- Fruit physics. Sometimes when I play I notice a fruit might bump a bomb and they kind of bounce apart and go their separate ways but other times they don't seem to colide and just ride together making it hard to hit one. Shouldn't it be one or the other, why do they bounce off sometimes and other times stay so close it is hard to hit the fruit unless they are moving at different speeds.

- Sometimes the bombs are super stealthy. I notice this when I get up in the late 200's or 300's. They will actually be hidden completely by a watermelon and while I know this is all part of the game it can be really annoying when I've made it to 200+ without missing any fruit and all of a sudden I lose because of a cleverly hidden bomb. My next point kind of helps and ties in with this one.

- I know you reward players who pass a 100 score by giving them one of their chances back but for someone who makes it there without any strikes they don't really get rewarded. How about you reward these players who say get to 100, 200 or 300 and don't have any strikes against them. For instance you could give them a reward that lets them survive one slash on a bomb. I'm thinking of this specifically because like I said earlier it sucks to get to 300 without missing 1 fruit and then die because of a cleverly hidden bomb behind a watermelon which has happend to me a few times now. Another option would be some extra points kind of like when you score a critical.

- New gameplay modes would always be nice... I think I mentioned in a previous post but I'll mention one of my suggestions again. Some type of challenge mode where you toss up a select number of fruit and have a goal like to kill X number of a specific fruit in a row without killing any others. Just different types of challenges like that, maybe even a challenge where the goal is to avoid the fruit and slice bombs instead.

That is all I can think of now. Basically the game is really great as it is especially for the price I paid which I think was only $0.99. One of my favorite new features from the update is how you added the best score to the gameplay screen. I personally don't care for the multiswipe thing since I only use 1 finger to play the game, using two just causing more chaos and can lead to hitting a bomb by mistake.

Also nice to see that the update fixed my achievement problem where a couple of them wouldn't unlock for me.

Keep up the great work.

New England Gamer
04-28-2010, 11:05 AM
I just picked this up not even realizing there was an update. In just one weeks time no less!

But I must say that I never knew slicing fruit could be not only fun but addicting! My goodness this is purely and truly one of the "just another round" games I have had the honor of playing!

CzarCastic
04-28-2010, 11:10 AM
I've had a lot of fun playing so far. I HATE the bombs. I never die because I've run out of lives. It's always because of a sneaky bomb that hides behind bigger fruit or one that pops up directly behind fruit that I've already started to slice.

Here's my suggestion. Create a gametype that doesn't have bombs, but instead includes really small fruit, so you still have to be precise. Maybe something like individual grapes or blueberries. Or better yet, have a bunch of grapes that splits into individual grapes when you slice them, requiring you to slice the individual grapes too. That way, you'd still need skill to do well, but you don't get totally screwed by the stupid bombs.

Drucifer
04-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I've had a lot of fun playing so far. I HATE the bombs. I never die because I've run out of lives. It's always because of a sneaky bomb that hides behind bigger fruit or one that pops up directly behind fruit that I've already started to slice.

Here's my suggestion. Create a gametype that doesn't have bombs, but instead includes really small fruit, so you still have to be precise. Maybe something like individual grapes or blueberries. Or better yet, have a bunch of grapes that splits into individual grapes when you slice them, requiring you to slice the individual grapes too. That way, you'd still need skill to do well, but you don't get totally screwed by the stupid bombs.

This has been asked before, however, the bomb is an obstacle so it is required. Without it you could just swipe your finger(s) across the bottom of the screen as fast as possible and just never lose. I think they should implement something more along the line like I suggested in my post where you could earn a credit for reaching the 100 (200, X00) mark with no strikes (missed fruit). This credit would then be good for one swipe of a bomb allow to make up for user error. This is my suggestion as I often make it up to 300 but then hit a hidden bomb behind a watermelon and get an instant fail. :(

sammysin
04-28-2010, 12:12 PM
That score of 999 on the leaderboard is rigged right?

Aspargusman
04-28-2010, 12:16 PM
it may sound irritating, but before i buy it, what is the concept of the game? to accumulate as much points possible before running out of lives?

sammysin
04-28-2010, 12:19 PM
it may sound irritating, but before i buy it, what is the concept of the game? to accumulate as much points possible before running out of lives?

Exactly, you have to slice as much fruit as you can. If you slice a bomb it's game over. You get 3 lives and you lose one if you miss a fruit.

After each 100 points you get an extra life.

Aspargusman
04-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Exactly, you have to slice as much fruit as you can. If you slice a bomb it's game over. You get 3 lives and you lose one if you miss a fruit.

After each 100 points you get an extra life.
thanks - thinking about buying it

Drucifer
04-28-2010, 12:24 PM
That score of 999 on the leaderboard is rigged right?

I don't know how anyone could get a score that high, when I checked last night the highest was just over 900. :eek:

My best so far is in the 300's.

sammysin
04-28-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't know how anyone could get a score that high, when I checked last night the highest was just over 900. :eek:

My best so far is in the 300's.

Same here mate, I got 371 on the first day it came out and I can't even get into the 300's anymore. Either I'm getting old or I should just move on! :o

Drucifer
04-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Something seems to be messed with the leaderboards. If I go in and view the Best Scores (locally) I noticed the only scores that end up being posted are my new personal best scores.

For my bottom score (#10) I have a 69 and while I have gotten well over 69 tons of times it still remains. The only way I'm going to bump it off is if I get a score even higher than my personal best. Shouldn't any score over 69 replace it on the chart, like if I scored a 112 for instance shouldn't that fit into my personal best leaderboard and knock out my worst score? :confused:

albostar
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Look so delicious

laladanger
04-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Something seems to be messed with the leaderboards. If I go in and view the Best Scores (locally) I noticed the only scores that end up being posted are my new personal best scores.

For my bottom score (#10) I have a 69 and while I have gotten well over 69 tons of times it still remains. The only way I'm going to bump it off is if I get a score even higher than my personal best. Shouldn't any score over 69 replace it on the chart, like if I scored a 112 for instance shouldn't that fit into my personal best leaderboard and knock out my worst score? :confused:

I noticed this too and confused me a little. I think it should be your 10 best scores whether they beat your current high score or not. I also lost once at my best score at that time, but it only appeared once in the leaderboards. For example, my highscore was 121 and I hit a bomb a couple times later at 121. I got the achievement, but my highscore only appeared once in the leaderboards.

Geoffwb
04-28-2010, 07:54 PM

Eek, didn't think of that until now. I've edited it, hopefully many people didn't see it and most were helped by it rather than angry :)

HalfbrickPhil
04-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey guys, quick question - has anyone who purchased the game fresh, that is with the update already included, experienced any issues with swiping not registering? We've noticed the problem on a few devices which updated their game, but as yet nothing saying that new players are having any trouble, because they download the whole package in one hit.

Drucifer
04-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Hey guys, quick question - has anyone who purchased the game fresh, that is with the update already included, experienced any issues with swiping not registering? We've noticed the problem on a few devices which updated their game, but as yet nothing saying that new players are having any trouble, because they download the whole package in one hit.

Wait. So I'm not the only one experiencing this then. At least now I know I'm not crazy.

evilhomer
04-28-2010, 08:51 PM
What if hitting a bomb took away one of your strikes? That would be a little more forgiving than losing with three strikes just by hitting a bomb.

saiyukialex
04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Will there be more power-ups in the future? Such as one that can clear all the fruit and bombs in screen?

Rocketman919
04-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Congrats on making it to top ten US and top 50 grossing.

It feels good to help out a great indie team that made a great game.

Please add some powerups and additional things to the next update, but like I said before, keep a Classic mode.

Sambo110
04-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Number 2 in Australia, and the 8th highest grossing. Congrats, you deserve it.

HalfbrickPhil
04-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Wait. So I'm not the only one experiencing this then. At least now I know I'm not crazy.

Yeah, seems to be an annoying bug that slipped through, but like I said it seems to only affect people who update the game rather than buy it fresh (as a re-install always fixes the problems), and it doesn't even affect everyone who updates. We're working on the fix now so you'll get a minor update sometime shortly.

Still, we're climbing the charts and everyone seems to be digging the game right now! Heaps of positive reviews, lots of Twittering and Facebookage. Keep it up and we thank each and every one of you for your support!

_ck
04-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Yeah, seems to be an annoying bug that slipped through, but like I said it seems to only affect people who update the game rather than buy it fresh (as a re-install always fixes the problems), and it doesn't even affect everyone who updates. We're working on the fix now so you'll get a minor update sometime shortly.

Still, we're climbing the charts and everyone seems to be digging the game right now! Heaps of positive reviews, lots of Twittering and Facebookage. Keep it up and we thank each and every one of you for your support!

I just bought it and when I started it, it wasn't responding to my swipes. Restarted my iPhone and now it worked like it should.

Drucifer
04-28-2010, 10:09 PM
I just bought it and when I started it, it wasn't responding to my swipes. Restarted my iPhone and now it worked like it should.

I tried restarting but no dice. I'll wait for an update as I fear losing my scores if I delete and re-install.

New England Gamer
04-28-2010, 10:10 PM
I just purchased it this morning after the update. I did notice swipes not registering but it was during frenetic times and I chalked it up to operator error not a bug!

laladanger
04-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Wow congrats on getting into the Top 10 in the US store. Number 7 right now and number 1 in no time for sure.

Random_Guy
04-29-2010, 02:33 AM
What should I get: this or Angry Birds?

hasio_john
04-29-2010, 02:36 AM
Both .... :D;)