PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Finger Arts is Back: Sudoku 2 for FREE on May7th

Isabella01
05-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Hello Everyone,

Back in February we brought to you Hangman RSS, which has been downloaded over 750,000 times, and the full version player so far has clocked in over 5 hours of playtime (in the average!!!). Overall, more than 6 games have been played!

As you know, we here at Finger Arts take a known concept, like a Hangman game, and add a big twist to it. Today, we are bringing to you our newest creation with full force:

SUDOKU 2

- amazing graphics and animations
- point and scoring system
- online leaderboards (OpenFeint)
- ease of use
- Sudoku 2 is simply a Sudoku like one you have never experienced before ;)

Today, in collaboration with Free App A Day (http://freeappaday.com/app.php?day=07&month=05), we are offering the game for FREE!

For a limited time, this FULL version will be available for FREE.

Please note though, that starting May 8th, ads start to appear in the game. So, download, install and open it TODAY and your game will be AD FREE :D

Oh wait ...

An exciting update will be send it to Apple within a day. Here a sneak peak:

- 'Easy' game mode made easier
- Added skin: choose the look and feel of the game
- Fully localized in German, Italian, French and Spanish
- And more ;)

Links:
Sudoku 2 in iTunes (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=366247306&mt=8&uo=6)
Finger Arts Home (http://www.fingerarts.com/site/sdo.html)

Let us know what you think! Drop us a line via the feedback button in the game. Thoughts on how to make the game even cooler? Leave a comment here, or send PM. We always listen to our fans :)

We hope you enjoy Sudoku 2 for FREE ... it's on us, this time :)

Cheers,
Isabella

NOTE: Added 05/07/10 @ 2:00 PM PST - IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE GAME ON MAY 7TH, THE GAME WILL REMAIN AD FREE FOREVER!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=366247306&mt=8&uo=6

badmanj
05-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Looks REALLY nice - downloading now. Thanks.

Jamie.

secondtime
05-07-2010, 11:26 AM
It is very nice. I was lucky enough to beta test this - and it's really well designed. If you enjoy Sudoku, definitely check it out.

CzarCastic
05-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Love your games. Love sudoku. Seems like the perfect pairing to me. :D

Will definitely be downloading this now. I hate ads! :mad:

justRay
05-07-2010, 12:06 PM
downloading it right now.

I love Sudoku!! hopefully this games good.

CzarCastic
05-07-2010, 12:18 PM
The slowly reducing score multiplier really adds a lot of intensity to the game. I find myself making mistakes or bad guesses just because I'm trying to take advantage of the higher multipler.

Isabella, can you explain the "Broken Run" designation that shows up in small print at the bottomw when you make too many mistakes? I noticed three wrong choices were allowed before it showed up.

Edit: Also, I noticed that the game doesn't stop counting time or reducing the multiplier if I put my iPhone to sleep without first exiting the game. I'm playing at work, and got distracted. Stupid work. But, when I came back, the timer was up to 39 minutes and the multiplier was down to X3. Is that supposed to happen? Guess I'll need to get used to exiting the game first.

Isabella01
05-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi CzarCastic,

Thank you for playing Sudoku 2 :)

Yes, a broken run is when you made more than 3 mistakes. Even when you solve the game, it doesn't count as a winning game anymore :(

The update - out at the beginning of next week - will have a more elabotate 'HELP' menue

Thank you for pointing out the timer issue ... I'll have our tech team look at options right away!

Please let me know if other issues pop up!!
Cheers,
Isabella

medianotzu
05-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Hey, why does mine have ads? It only went live 13 hours ago according to Appshopper and there is only one app right now so it's not like I downloaded the wrong one. :(

Would it be because, even though I use a US account, I live in S. Korea and my iPod's internal clock is set to the 8th right now as it's after midnight?

Isabella01
05-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Hey, why does mine have ads? It only went live 13 hours ago according to Appshopper and there is only one app right now so it's not like I downloaded the wrong one. :(

Would it be because, even though I use a US account, I live in S. Korea and my iPod's internal clock is set to the 8th right now as it's after midnight?

Hi Medianotzu,

Thank you for playing Sudoku 2!

We are so sorry for the inconvenience! The change from 'no ads' to the 'ads' version is determined by the internal clock/time setting of your device and has, unfortunately, nothing to do with iTunes (and/or in which which time zone you downloaded it).

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you! Please know that you have a FULL version of Sudoku 2 in your hands, and with the next cool update around the corner, this game will only get better :D

Cheers,
Isabella

medianotzu
05-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi Medianotzu,

Thank you for playing Sudoku 2!

We are so sorry for the inconvenience! The change from 'no ads' to the 'ads' version is determined by the internal clock/time setting of your device and has, unfortunately, nothing to do with iTunes (and/or in which which time zone you downloaded it).

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you! Please know that you have a FULL version of Sudoku 2 in your hands, and with the next cool update around the corner, this game will only get better :D

Cheers,
Isabella

Ah...so there is no way to get an ad-free version? Will you release one later? To be honest, there is no way I can play Sudoku with the flashing ad at the bottom. Heck, I am barely smart enough to play it without ads and flashing ads are 10 times worse for a person like me who has the distraction threshold of a 10-year-old on a sugar high.

JCman7
05-07-2010, 04:08 PM
This game is a must own!! Highly recommend! Its the best sudoku game I have ever played, its fun, challenging and simple to use. I hope everyone downloads it and enjoys it. You can really see the hard work put into this game, you won't be disappointed download it now!!

TheSporkWithin
05-07-2010, 04:08 PM
This game is everything we've come to expect from FingerArts. A polished interface, an easygoing game intensified by a timer-based scoring system, and a nigh-infinite pool of puzzles to go through. Huge thumbs up, once again.

medianotzu
05-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Bah. You guys are pissing me off. :p

The game looks great but I can't play it with the freaking ad. Damn it.

Edit: wait a minute, I'm smart enough to set my iPod's clock back. Heh heh heh.

Drucifer
05-07-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm confused :confused:

So if I download this game now it will be ad free. If I download it say tomorror or the next day however, it will have ads.

If I download now will ads start appearing in a day or two?

BTW, the game does look really good.

JCman7
05-07-2010, 04:27 PM
lol its just ads! Not a big deal and for FREE the ads are worth it dont you think. They gotta make money some way and by doing this they can give us free updates and more games

TheSporkWithin
05-07-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm noticing that my iPhone is running surprisingly hot while playing this game. I didn't notice battery life, but with that kind of heat I have a feeling it was guzzling it down. Any idea why this is happening?

Isabella01
05-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Ah...so there is no way to get an ad-free version? Will you release one later? To be honest, there is no way I can play Sudoku with the flashing ad at the bottom. Heck, I am barely smart enough to play it without ads and flashing ads are 10 times worse for a person like me who has the distraction threshold of a 10-year-old on a sugar high.

Hi Meedianotzu,

I understand and am sorry to hear that the ads are bothering you that much! We decided that it's better to have a FULL game with a few (less noticeable) ads, yet filled with cool features, for FREE than a free app that is just a teaser of a paid, full version ...

In the mean time, I will pass your wish along to the rest of the team! You have a great sense of humor and I have trouble with numbers as well :o

Please wait for the update and see if it will improve the gaming experience - I can promise you that the update is much easier on the eye and with the easy level being MUCH easier, even I am able to plow through a game session like a-10 -year on a sugar high :D

Isabella

Drucifer
05-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Also how many different Sudoku puzzles are in the game?

Isabella01
05-07-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm noticing that my iPhone is running surprisingly hot while playing this game. I didn't notice battery life, but with that kind of heat I have a feeling it was guzzling it down. Any idea why this is happening?

Hmm ... we developed the game with the focus on running lightly meaning that the game should not put strain on the processor. We did not notice anything while testing the game on various different devices. Please try to restart the device and/or reinstall the app on your device.

Please let me know how this works for you!

Isabella01
05-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm confused :confused:

So if I download this game now it will be ad free. If I download it say tomorror or the next day however, it will have ads.

If I download now will ads start appearing in a day or two?

BTW, the game does look really good.

Important Notice: IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE GAME ON MAY 7TH, YOUR GAME WITH STAY AD FREE FOREVER!!!

Isabella01
05-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Also how many different Sudoku puzzles are in the game?

There is really no limit :D You can play tens a day for a few years!!

Drucifer
05-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Important Notice: IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE GAME ON MAY 7TH, YOUR GAME WITH STAY AD FREE FOREVER!!!

So how would it work if I decided to delete it off my device and download it again at a later date. Would the ads start appearing the second time I download it?

There is really no limit :D You can play tens a day for a few years!!

So does it just generate random puzzles?

medianotzu
05-07-2010, 05:11 PM
lol its just ads! Not a big deal and for FREE the ads are worth it dont you think. They gotta make money some way and by doing this they can give us free updates and more games

I don't blame them for putting ads in the game, I think it's a fine way to support a product. Personally, I just can't enjoy a game with ads, especially one like this that requires concentration. Anyway, if it doesn't bother you, good for you.

Hi Meedianotzu,

I understand and am sorry to hear that the ads are bothering you that much! We decided that it's better to have a FULL game with a few (less noticeable) ads, yet filled with cool features, for FREE than a free app that is just a teaser of a paid, full version ...

In the mean time, I will pass your wish along to the rest of the team! You have a great sense of humor and I have trouble with numbers as well :o

Please wait for the update and see if it will improve the gaming experience - I can promise you that the update is much easier on the eye and with the easy level being MUCH easier, even I am able to plow through a game session like a-10 -year on a sugar high :D

Isabella

No worries, I set my time zone back and I'm good to go now. :D This is a really great Sudoku app by the way, I definitely like the UI and animations the best of any I've played!

I'd easily pay $2.99 for something like this (ad-free of course ;)) in case you've any interest in collecting market research for a later, paid, ad-free release.

TheSporkWithin
05-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Restarted my phone and played for 10 minutes, it got a bit warm and after I solved the first puzzle I quit. Over the 10 minutes it had drained 5% of my battery. That seems a bit on the high side to me. Anybody else experiencing this game running unexpectedly warm?

Isabella01
05-07-2010, 05:29 PM
So how would it work if I decided to delete it off my device and download it again at a later date. Would the ads start appearing the second time I download it?

So does it just generate random puzzles?
If you decide to delete the game off the device, keep it in your library. Once you delete it totally out of iTunes and download the game again in the future, it might have ads again (at least this is how this particular version is set-up).

The puzzles are downloaded from a free RSS source: See 'Options' - Puzzles couteousy of Sudoku-Cracker

medianotzu
05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
I played for about 15 minutes and honestly I didn't notice the battery or heating problem, but then I was playing with it plugged into my charger, and I have a pretty bulky case that insulates the warmth so it can be hard for me to notice excess heating.

snow_mani
05-07-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm really pleased Sudoku2 has been released in time for today. I helped with the beta testing and as usual with a Finger Arts game I was impressed. The scoring system works really well. It uses the same multiplier system as their other games (which are fantastic btw and I highly recommend them - free versions are available so be sure to check out Guess the News and Hangman RSS Only for the Brave). Other features will be familiar to anyone who has previously played a Finger Arts game. The graphics are clean and crisp. So are the sound effects. The number tiles "rotate" when you complete a line or block of numbers. You need to successfully complete a few games in a row (called a run) to unlock the next level of difficulty. And of course for achievement junkies there are OpenFient achievements. It really is a great game that is very polished and a pleasure to play. Now if only I could become a whiz at Sodoku!!! :o

Mr. Charley
05-07-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm going to have to chime in with all the positive feedback for this game and the dev. First, for a free Sudoku game, you really can't get much better bang for your buck. ;)
I've never really played Sudoku with a scoring system but it really adds to the intensity and challenge to try to complete a puzzle as fast but also as accurately as possible.
As with all FingerArts's games, your getting a quality and highly polished app.
Throw in some openfeint achievements and you really can't ask for more. Ok, only thing I can ask is to be better at Sudoku as I suck but I've thoroughly enjoyed testing, but more importantly playing this game.
Do yourself a favor and try this versiin of Sudoku. Plus, it seeme like there's some further improvement in the pipelines...

Isabella01
05-07-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm really pleased Sudoku2 has been released in time for today. I helped with the beta testing and as usual with a Finger Arts game I was impressed. The scoring system works really well. It uses the same multiplier system as their other games (which are fantastic btw and I highly recommend them - free versions are available so be sure to check out Guess the News and Hangman RSS Only for the Brave). Other features will be familiar to anyone who has previously played a Finger Arts game. The graphics are clean and crisp. So are the sound effects. The number tiles "rotate" when you complete a line or block of numbers. You need to successfully complete a few games in a row (called a run) to unlock the next level of difficulty. And of course for achievement junkies there are OpenFient achievements. It really is a great game that is very polished and a pleasure to play. Now if only I could become a whiz at Sodoku!!! :o

Thank you very much Snow-Mani :D ... and as you know already ... the next version is much easier on the brain and the eyes :cool:

Isabella01
05-07-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm going to have to chime in with all the positive feedback for this game and the dev. First, for a free Sudoku game, you really can't get much better bang for your buck. ;)
I've never really played Sudoku with a scoring system but it really adds to the intensity and challenge to try to complete a puzzle as fast but also as accurately as possible.
As with all FingerArts's games, your getting a quality and highly polished app.
Throw in some openfeint achievements and you really can't ask for more. Ok, only thing I can ask is to be better at Sudoku as I suck but I've thoroughly enjoyed testing, but more importantly playing this game.
Do yourself a favor and try this versiin of Sudoku. Plus, it seeme like there's some further improvement in the pipelines...

Mister Charley, you make us blush :o with gratitude! Your comment is much appreciated!! :D

Isabella01
05-08-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't blame them for putting ads in the game, I think it's a fine way to support a product. Personally, I just can't enjoy a game with ads, especially one like this that requires concentration. Anyway, if it doesn't bother you, good for you.

No worries, I set my time zone back and I'm good to go now. :D This is a really great Sudoku app by the way, I definitely like the UI and animations the best of any I've played!

I'd easily pay $2.99 for something like this (ad-free of course ;)) in case you've any interest in collecting market research for a later, paid, ad-free release.

Quted from Medianotzu: No worries, I set my time zone back and I'm good to go now.

Glad you found a loophole :D

CzarCastic
05-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the update. The new tweaks add a nice amount of polish to an already great game. The grid really makes it easier to visualize the board on a small display like the iPhone. I think I've put a couple hours into the game since I downloaded it the other day.

I found one bug that you'll want to look into, though. After the update, the numbered tiles disappear when you've placed all 9 onto the board. However, if you leave your game and then resume, all 9 of the numbered tiles reappear on the list, even if you had one or more that had disappeared off the list prior to leaving the game. Hopefully that makes sense. It certainly doesn't break the game, but it is rather annoying.

Isabella01
05-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the update. The new tweaks add a nice amount of polish to an already great game. The grid really makes it easier to visualize the board on a small display like the iPhone. I think I've put a couple hours into the game since I downloaded it the other day.

I found one bug that you'll want to look into, though. After the update, the numbered tiles disappear when you've placed all 9 onto the board. However, if you leave your game and then resume, all 9 of the numbered tiles reappear on the list, even if you had one or more that had disappeared off the list prior to leaving the game. Hopefully that makes sense. It certainly doesn't break the game, but it is rather annoying.

Hi CzarCastic,
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the tweaks we've made.

Thank you also for letting us know that you found a BUG! Totally understand the annoyance of it all :o

I already forwarded your info to the developing team so they can get cranking on it for the next update. If there is anything else you find, please let us know!

Thank you for playing Sudoku 2 :D
Cheers,
Isabella

Isabella01
05-12-2010, 01:21 PM

Just received words from the developing team - bug has been fixed and will go into the next update which we'll submit shortly to Apple. Hopefully, it'll be all fixed within a week ;)

medianotzu
06-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Just saw the "Pro" version is out for $1.99. I think this is a one-day intro price...not sure what the normal price will be?

I also have been wondering how many puzzles there are in the game.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sudoku-2-pro/id372283316?mt=8

Edit: Well, crap, I still can't figure out the app tags.

Edit 2: Success!!!

Isabella01
06-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Just saw the "Pro" version is out for $1.99. I think this is a one-day intro price...not sure what the normal price will be?

I also have been wondering how many puzzles there are in the game.

/link/itunes%[url]http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sudoku-2-pro/id372283316?mt=8[/url20link%

Edit: Well, crap, I still can't figure out the app tags.

Hi,

You caught us in the middle of our release :) Thank you for noticing!!

The game will be officially promoted on Friday, June 4th. The intro price will be $1.99 for at least Friday and Saturday (and perhaps on Sunday too :D)

The regular price, starting no later than Monday, June 7th will be $2.99. I'll be back to TA with a new thread offering out promo codes for our Sudoku 2 PRO version soon!!

Hope to see you there :cool:

Cheers,
Isabella

P.S. The amount of puzzles available is in the thousands although the source from where we are getting them from should really be limitless (we rather under-promise and over-deliver ;)

medianotzu
06-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi,

You caught us in the middle of our release :) Thank you for noticing!!

The game will be officially promoted on Friday, June 4th. The intro price will be $1.99 for at least Friday and Saturday (and perhaps on Sunday too :D)

The regular price, starting no later than Monday, June 7th will be $2.99. I'll be back to TA with a new thread offering out promo codes for our Sudoku 2 PRO version soon!!

Hope to see you there :cool:

Cheers,
Isabella

P.S. The amount of puzzles available is in the thousands although the source from where we are getting them from should really be limitless (we rather under-promise and over-deliver ;)

Great news! Definitely a great price point at $2.99 and a steal at $1.99. Really happy to see you guys put out this pro/no-ads version. Even though I already have the version without ads, I'll be sure to get this pro version as well.

Isabella01
06-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Great news! Definitely a great price point at $2.99 and a steal at $1.99. Really happy to see you guys put out this pro/no-ads version. Even though I already have the version without ads, I'll be sure to get this pro version as well.

Awesome to hear. Please let us know what you think of the Pro version. If you have any thoughts on what you think could go into an update, please let me know :D