PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Space Miner Blast Has Arrived! (v1.01 -Bug Fixes)

Venan
11-09-2010, 06:31 PM
U2ltGoBf5uE

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=386178417&mt=8

Howlingwolf
11-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Cool downloading now

Coldar
11-09-2010, 06:33 PM
yea......d/l as well. Can't wait to see the game with this one.
Edit: not yet available.

JJdaboss
11-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Downloading!

juv3nal
11-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Hmm. Not showing in Canadian store. Boo.

Wilbair
11-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Downloading at 1:30 in the night:D

Gegoben
11-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I was so ready to be typing instant buy, but it's free! Thank you!

KoolKing
11-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Congrats to Venan on the release at long last!

Gabrien
11-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Not coming up in the Aus store.

Howlingwolf
11-09-2010, 06:41 PM
I want to support your development team by buying the blast pack but cant find it only the seperate ships and even when you click on them it says cant connect to app store my wifi is working perfectly

djflippy
11-09-2010, 06:43 PM
OMG, loved the first one. Can't wait to play this one.

zI Veo Iz
11-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Free? What's the catch.

Osujxu
11-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Free? What's the catch.

it's got dlc/iap

Howlingwolf
11-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Free? What's the catch.

There are ads and countdown timers you have to purchase one ship to remove them

Osujxu
11-09-2010, 06:57 PM
It's not out in the us yet?

VeganTnT
11-09-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm kind of confused here...

I got the game and tap the button with the $ symbol to see the IAP and it just tells me I should support Venan and that the "blast pack" is 33% cheaper

I go to the ship selection and the three of the four ships require purchase but don't say how much they cost...

Tapping on "purchase" prompts me to put in my password to confirm the purchase without any mention of PRICE!!

WTF?

Howlingwolf
11-09-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm kind of confused here...

I got the game and tap the button with the $ symbol to see the IAP and it just tells me I should support Venan and that the "blast pack" is 33% cheaper

I go to the ship selection and the three of the four ships require purchase but don't say how much they cost...

Tapping on "purchase" prompts me to put in my password to confirm the purchase without any mention of PRICE!!

WTF?

when you get past that bit it brings up the price of the ship or the blast pack the ships are a buck each but it doesnt seem to be working at the minute says unable to purchase

VeganTnT
11-09-2010, 07:05 PM
when you get past that bit it brings up the price of the ship or the blast pack the ships are a buck each but it doesnt seem to be working at the minute says unable to purchase

Well DLC goes through the approval process to so maybe it's not released just yet, but it has to confirm the content is available before it asks you to sign in to purchase so something is off :/

There's no reason to make me sign into to my itunes account (which essentially confirms a purchase) BEFORE telling me how much things cost.

Gabrien
11-09-2010, 07:05 PM

Seriously? You mean they expect you to confirm purchase by entering your password BEFORE seeing the price?

Howlingwolf
11-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Well DLC goes through the approval process to so maybe it's not released just yet, but it has to confirm the content is available before it asks you to sign in to purchase so something is off :/

There's no reason to make me sign into to my itunes account (which essentially confirms a purchase) BEFORE telling me how much things cost.

Yeah very strange way of doing it need to purchase one soon though i hate ads and the countdown timer is even worse

Howlingwolf
11-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Seriously? You mean they expect you to confirm purchase by entering your password BEFORE seeing the price?

Yeah but you dont actually purchase until you click on confirm but it is a wierd way of doing it

VeganTnT
11-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Yeah very strange way of doing it need to purchase one soon though i hate ads and the countdown timer is even worse

AGREED!

I'm on wave 6 and just hit Level 4, I'm really enjoying it

colorsound
11-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Anyone able to buy content?

This is ridiculous. The game can't be viewed in Retina graphics until I buy a ship, but I can't buy a ship.

I guess I will hold off playing until I can buy something.

I have never seen this happen before where content fails every time

Gabrien
11-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Anyone able to buy content?

This is ridiculous. The game can't be viewed in Retina graphics until I buy a ship, but I can't buy a ship.

I guess I will hold off playing until I can buy something.

I have never seen this happen before where content fails every time

And this is where this whole IAP thing just gets out of hand. I don't want to mess with all this stuff. I just want to pay an honest price for an honest game. Ridiculous.

dyscode
11-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Please Venan get out a full version, charge $3 for it and be done with it!

Also if I think THIS model of IAP is ok, entering you iTunes details without seeing price first is VERY BAD.

eugekava
11-09-2010, 07:38 PM

Also if I think THIS model of IAP is ok, entering you iTunes details without seeing price first is VERY BAD.
+1.
I would have preferred a premium version as well, however I think that new Apple rules do not allow 2 games with identical content.

Hai5
11-09-2010, 07:39 PM

I disagree, this is better than premium because it reduces piracy.

da shiz wiz 19
11-09-2010, 07:44 PM
[Complain about IAP, talk about how it ruins my life, cry about all the babies it eats]

I love the game! I just got an iPod 4 so now I can get the Retina Display FREE BONUS DLC that comes with the ships.

zI Veo Iz
11-09-2010, 07:59 PM
So if I pay 2 dollars I get all ships, no ads, and no countdown? That's pretty much paying for the game.

backtothis
11-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Make us pay for the full game please. Unless the purpose of this marketing strategy is in fact fighting piracy, please release a full version at 4.99, or another fitting price.

eugekava
11-09-2010, 08:03 PM
After you enter your password, you get a break down of available purchases and prices. I tried to buy the blast pack, but it failed to download. Have to wait.
Game looks awesome even without retina support. i can only imagine how awesome it will look with retina.

dyscode
11-09-2010, 08:04 PM
I love the game! I just got an iPod 4 so now I can get the Retina Display FREE BONUS DLC that comes with the ships.

no offense, but how much can one trick oneself into believing they get something for free? :p

also you can either unlock the Firedrake for $1 or all ships for $2 while the description implies you can purchase any ship individually.
I am not arguing about prices or the evilness of DLC in that case,
just the way things are handled.

and BTW I love this game and got the Black Pack.

your personal robot
11-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Venan, I want to give you more money!
Survived 23 waves so far. Fantastic game! Really. The essence of Space Miner.
One single wish: different weapons for each ship.

Otherwise, congrats, this game will climb up the App Store charts for sure.
It's such a great IAP model, btw. So many people will spend the (little) money.

Thanks!

backtothis
11-09-2010, 08:07 PM
So if I pay 2 dollars I get all ships, no ads, and no countdown? That's pretty much paying for the game.
2 dollars? Are you complaining?

eugekava
11-09-2010, 08:07 PM
no offense, but how much can one trick oneself into believing they get something for free? :p

also you can either unlock the Firedrake for $1 or all ships for $2 while the description implies you can purchase any ship individually.
I am not arguing about prices or the evilness of DLC in that case,
just the way things are handled.

and BTW I love this game and got the Black Pack.
You can buy individual ships. Just tap "purchase" in that ship's screen and get an option to buy this ship or blast pack. but you get the pack, so mute point.

missalexis
11-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Any plans to make one? I'd like to make the IAP but would rather not have to do so twice.

csklimowski
11-09-2010, 08:15 PM
So far, It's a fun arcade game, but it's quite forgettable when compared to Space Ore Bust.

Delusionaltool
11-09-2010, 08:27 PM
the pack is having issues, but i purchased the ore ship from the first game for 99 cents that immeaditly removed adds and enabled retina display...it does look pretty nice...

Gabrien
11-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Amid all the IAP to-do, (absolutely no way am I confirming anything before seeing a purchase price btw) the game finally appeared in the Aus store. Having played it for 20 mins or so, it strikes me as being "alright" but nothing remotely special. For the sake of the argument I hope to never see this kind of messy IAP model again. For this particular game, for me, it now may be a moot point.

Howlingwolf
11-09-2010, 08:31 PM
At last can purchase the ships Blast pack bought

eugekava
11-09-2010, 08:32 PM
So far, It's a fun arcade game, but it's quite forgettable when compared to Space Ore Bust.
I wouldn't call it forgettable. Its pretty damn good for what it is - a survival shooter. Hopefully its popular enough for Venan to keep adding stuff to it.

Teknikal
11-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Skipping this one as I think the original will be better and I haven't even played it to completion yet also just don't like the DLC model in general I'd rather just pay a fair price at the start.
This isn't the only game asking for a password before showing prices though guitar rock tour 2 pulled the same stunt on me yesterday before it even took me to the menu rather a cheap stunt and it annoyed me.

That said I do like the original but I lost interest in it mainly due to a few other games although I'll go back to it at some point I'd definitely miss the rpg part though in this one.

MarioKartMaster
11-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Charging for retina display graphics is absurd.

da shiz wiz 19
11-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Charging for retina display graphics is absurd.
Giving you a game for free is absurd.

your personal robot
11-09-2010, 08:59 PM
This thread is absurd!!
You get a fantastic game for free and you can play it pretty well for free.
And if you want to get everything, you have to pay less than two bucks,
what is wrong with you??

This way, the dev has got a good chance of spreading this game as much as possible. Win-win situation. And you are complaining. A bad joke.

Gabrien
11-09-2010, 09:00 PM
It's ironic: had this game been released at an honest $2-$3 price I would have bought it without a second thought and not regretted it. Since the developers feel this strange need to manipulate me into paying for the game instead, AND don't give a damn about making it at the very least logical or convenient, I'll now just delete it instead and not miss it either.

da shiz wiz 19
11-09-2010, 09:05 PM
This thread is absurd!!
You get a fantastic game for free and you can play it pretty well for free.
And if you want to get everything, you have to pay less than two bucks,
what is wrong with you??

This way, the dev has got a good chance of spreading this game as much as possible. Win-win situation. And you are complaining. A bad joke.
It involves too much thinking to realize that we're actually paying less this way and we are taking fewer risks in the case we don't like the game and Venan is reducing piracy and the reduction of piracy will lead to Venan getting more money and supplying more updates.

Same-old same-old

your personal robot
11-09-2010, 09:09 PM
It involves too much thinking to realize that we're actually paying less this way and we are taking fewer risks in the case we don't like the game and Venan is reducing piracy and the reduction of piracy will lead to Venan getting more money and supplying more updates.

Same-old same-old

Thanks, I already felt a bit alone :)
I mean, it's like getting a huge lite version and if you like it, you simply buy the full package. If you don't want to pay (again: less than 2 bucks!!) you still have got a great and running full game.

But Venan is the devil, right.
Grow up, guys.

Eli
11-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Well this thread is off to a fantastic start.

Gabrien
11-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks, I already felt a bit alone :)
I mean, it's like getting a huge lite version and if you like it, you simply buy the full package. If you don't want to pay (again: less than 2 bucks!!) you still have got a great and running full game.

But Venan is the devil, right.
Grow up, guys.

But that's the thing, it is not "simple" at all. It is convoluted, confusing, AND it's asking me to confirm my purchase by entering my password before showing me a price which I simply refuse to do.

your personal robot
11-09-2010, 09:16 PM
But that's the thing, it is not "simple" at all. It is convoluted, confusing, AND it's asking me to confirm my purchase by entering my password before showing me a price which I simply refuse to do.

You get all the info you need on all the packages in there. You just need to read. And you have to confirm the purchase AFTER you know the prices.

Venan isn't planning a huge conspiracy. Not as one of the best iPhone indie devs.

da shiz wiz 19
11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
App store>search>Venan>Spacer Miner Blast>top in app purchases>look at price

Tough work

VeganTnT
11-09-2010, 09:25 PM
You get all the info you need on all the packages in there. You just need to read. And you have to confirm the purchase AFTER you know the prices.

Venan isn't planning a huge conspiracy. Not as one of the best iPhone indie devs.

Where exactly are you looking?

The splash screen has no pricing info

I tap the $ icon and get
"To remove in-game ads and countdown timers, and to help support great original iPhone gaming, simply purchase any of the premium ships be selecting PURCHASE on the ship selection screen. If you'd like to own them all, choose the BLAST PACK option to save 33%"

No pricing info

On the ship selection screen there is no pricing info

When I tap purchase it says "processing" and then asks for my Apple ID password.

I see the prices in the appstore but still don't see pricing info inside the app

EDIT: I don't have a problem with the DLC and have already bought the blast pack. I just don't like the way that pricing information isn't shown.

eugekava
11-09-2010, 09:28 PM
After you enter the password you are taken to a screen where you can either buy the ship you tapped on or a blast pack.

Gabrien
11-09-2010, 09:34 PM
By general app store convention, entering your password = confirming a purchase. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

da shiz wiz 19
11-09-2010, 09:40 PM
By general app store convention, entering your password = confirming a purchase. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.
So the game is shit because it doesn't state the price of the IAP in the game? It's a big fault, I agree, but to dismiss the whole game because you don't want to look in one more spot to find the price is completely ridiculous. The price IS there, so it's not like you're heading for a trap.

Or is this the usual "It has IAP, devs are greedy, I don't support these bastards."

eugekava
11-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Not the case here. After you enter your password you are taken to a screen where you get to select what you want to buy (ship or blast pack), you then get a purchase confirmation screen, then you get charged if you choose to proceed.
Not sure why password is required to be entered first. Perhaps Venan can shed some light on it. I wouldn't dismiss this game based on this. At the very least you should wait for Venan's response.

Venan
11-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Hey guys!

Well, it's a bit of a rocky start. To be sure we have some kinks to work out.

In regards to the order of IAP and passwords and such - we'll fix it. We definitely get no advantage out of asking for your password early, I think it was just an implementation oversight. Believe me, making it hard or difficult for people to BUY things is not in our interest either and we'll do our best to rectify. I had problems too when I downloaded it off the App Store so I know where you are all coming from.

Unfortunately testing IAP is a real pain when using the Apple sandbox, and since this is our first time doing it, we definitely stumbled a bit. We'll be working on this and a couple other fixes as well.

We'll be trawling this forum regularly so if you have any more feedback about the game we're listening.

Thanks for the downloads and your feedback so far. Positive or negative, it's always good to know.

chickdigger802
11-09-2010, 10:07 PM
speaking of which, when is the retina update gonna hit space ore bust Venan?

dyscode
11-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Hey guys!

Well, it's a bit of a rocky start. To be sure we have some kinks to work out.

In regards to the order of IAP and passwords and such - we'll fix it. We definitely get no advantage out of asking for your password early, I think it was just an implementation oversight. Believe me, making it hard or difficult for people to BUY things is not in our interest either and we'll do our best to rectify. I had problems too when I downloaded it off the App Store so I know where you are all coming from.

Unfortunately testing IAP is a real pain when using the Apple sandbox, and since this is our first time doing it, we definitely stumbled a bit. We'll be working on this and a couple other fixes as well.

We'll be trawling this forum regularly so if you have any more feedback about the game we're listening.

Thanks for the downloads and your feedback so far. Positive or negative, it's always good to know.

If it wasnt for your good reputation I would have possibly skipped IAP and the game successively.

But since I know where this is coming from, a few quirks should not keep people away from this game.
And anyone thinking you not a trustworthy high quality dev can get lost!

medianotzu
11-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Fun game! I'm currently #6 on GameCenter, which means I'll be in the top 10 for about another 5 minutes, I'm sure. Great gameplay, and I love the pricing model even if it is honestly a little confusing. I would have preferred to have been able to see the black pack for purchase before "choosing" a ship. Anyway, thanks for the arcade action Venan!

camihq
11-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Is it full game, for free?

your personal robot
11-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Is it full game, for free?

If you don't mind having one (standard) ship only + advertisement + some seconds waiting time between the levels --- then yes! And a great one.

Stan
11-09-2010, 10:57 PM
it's still worth DL'ing if you have the original RPG version right?

backtothis
11-09-2010, 11:01 PM
it's still worth DL'ing if you have the original RPG version right?

It's free.
It's less than 20 mb.
Why don't you take the damn 20 seconds it takes to download, install, and open then the app instead of asking?

ikemike
11-10-2010, 12:22 AM
It's free.
It's less than 20 mb.
Why don't you take the damn 20 seconds it takes to download, install, and open then the app instead of asking?

No bashing, eh? Everyone's lazy at some point.

In any case. I'm going to try it out. I immensely enjoyed the original, but having to clear your data to finish the game kind of killed it for me. We'll see how this arcade-y version works out.

Cilo
11-10-2010, 12:37 AM
If you like spaceships, explosions, and arcade style gameplay this is a definite pickup! Plus if you buy 1 ship you get the complete game for 99c

Teknikal
11-10-2010, 01:23 AM
You know I've changed my mind I am going to give this game a chance I don't think anyone can deny that space miner is definitely one of the best games on the device so I'd really be stupid not to try this out.

I don't really like DLC in apps but I can understand the piracy thing I guess you have to do what you have to do and next time I top up my itunes credit I'll make this the full version.

Still looking forward to the real sequel of space ore bust even if I haven't finished the first off yet.

EMTKiNG
11-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Its alright tried it didnt like it didnt hate it so I'll pass

MetaGonzo
11-10-2010, 03:37 AM
Hmm. No joy getting the blast pack here either but some folks have been able to? Bizzare.

Always happy to hand over a bit of hard-earned to Venan but it's proving difficult. :D

eev
11-10-2010, 03:38 AM
bought dlc pack, visuals are really great. however gameplay is a bit boring, the wave system is always time consuming and simple survival or time attack would be better suited for iphone. At least first waves are really not action packed. More upgrades and radar could improve the gameplay. But seeing how original game is almost at the same price like full pack for this one, there is no real sense to buy Space Miner Blast dlc, original game is simply better.

iMario
11-10-2010, 03:56 AM
Buying...

swiftest
11-10-2010, 04:28 AM
Got to level 10 with the free ship, but I'm not too crazy about just high scoring. Doesn't have the same pull for me. I gotta admit I like the RPG trappings and the story of Space Miner: Space Ore Bust a lot more. But I'm buying the Blast Pack to support a great dev. Er, wait. Just tried to buy the Blast Pack and it said:

Failed to Purchase

Failed to unlock the Blast Pack. Your account will not be charged.

PallaZ
11-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Where exactly are you looking?

The splash screen has no pricing info

I tap the $ icon and get
"To remove in-game ads and countdown timers, and to help support great original iPhone gaming, simply purchase any of the premium ships be selecting PURCHASE on the ship selection screen. If you'd like to own them all, choose the BLAST PACK option to save 33%"

No pricing info

On the ship selection screen there is no pricing info

When I tap purchase it says "processing" and then asks for my Apple ID password.

I see the prices in the appstore but still don't see pricing info inside the app

EDIT: I don't have a problem with the DLC and have already bought the blast pack. I just don't like the way that pricing information isn't shown.

i don't understand the way i buy the blast pack or any DLC for this game.
if i buy ONE ship (doesn't matter which one): is THAT the blast pack
one ship + removing ads?
or if i buy one ship i will unlock ALL ships and remove ads?
i'm very confused

eev
11-10-2010, 06:30 AM
press on $ button in the main screen, there is all info about packs. if you buy one ship than ads will be removed too.
more impressions about this game, virtual stick is a bit not very smooth and handy, compared with original game.

iMario
11-10-2010, 08:28 AM
DLC: Just buy a ship and you'll get some popups about packs and pricing.

About the game, I'm deeply disappointed. There's no story only waves to get highscores, so boring (sorry Venan). I liked Space Miner: Space Ore Bust a lot more...

Teh_Ninja
11-10-2010, 08:50 AM

About the game, I'm deeply disappointed. There's no story only waves to get highscores, so boring (sorry Venan). I liked Space Miner: Space Ore Bust a lot more...

Yup, the games really really boring, I'm dissapointed.....

Eli
11-10-2010, 08:51 AM

Did you read any of the previews we did of this? The game is exactly what they said it would be...

iMario
11-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Did you read any of the previews we did of this? The game is exactly what they said it would be...

No I didn't, wich is stupid, but I expected the game to be amazing since it's from Venan. It's not bad though I just like the first better.

your personal robot
11-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Everyone in here was expecting Space Miner 2, it seems.

Garoth
11-10-2010, 09:07 AM
You just need to read.

Amazing how difficult this is for some to do. Even more amazing is how they are so eager to blame someone else when they failed to read.

Eli
11-10-2010, 09:09 AM
No I didn't, wich is stupid, but I expected the game to be amazing since it's from Venan. It's not bad though I just like the first better.

It is amazing, it's an arcade style asteroids game just like the first sentence of the App Store description says. I can't understand if this backlash is due to overall lack of reading comprehension, or just skipping reading anything about the game and instead just assuming that this is a proper Space Miner sequel. Either way, I'm not sure that's Venan's fault at all.

Teh_Ninja
11-10-2010, 09:13 AM
It just gets really boring after the first 10 minutes.

Eli
11-10-2010, 09:26 AM

It's a game like Doodle Jump, you're supposed to play it in small bursts while you're waiting in line and stuff... Not settle in to a nice weekend-long MMO-style gameplay grinding marathon.

http://wongfuproductions.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/psyduck.gif

MetaGonzo
11-10-2010, 09:35 AM
"This isn't a fillet steak, it's a cheeseburger!"

"Yes sir, as the menu stated: cheeseburger."

"But....but...."

eev
11-10-2010, 09:40 AM
arcade style asteroid game can be different, so these comments about reading the description are useless. doodle jump style game can be boring or fun too.

tblrsa
11-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Its basically Space Miner without the story mode. Old wine sold in new bottles. ;) I'll pass on this one.

Shatner's hairpiece
11-10-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm just waiting for price drop on 'space miner: ore bust' from 4.99. Has it ever dropped?

tblrsa
11-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm just waiting for price drop on 'space miner: ore bust' from 4.99. Has it ever dropped?

Yeah get this one instead, its worth the price.

silentcorp
11-10-2010, 12:01 PM
I read the description, knew full well what I was getting into, and still deleted the app 5 minutes later.

I LOVED SM:oB, yet this one just seemed dull and pointless. Bring on SM:oB2 I say!!!

your personal robot
11-10-2010, 12:01 PM

It just gets really frantic after the first ten minutes.

You definitely haven't played this game for long.

your personal robot
11-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Give the people something for free and they enjoy destroying it.
Happened to so many times before. Would this game cost a bit,
you wouldn't find that many complaints in here. Simple fact.

jak56
11-10-2010, 12:11 PM
yknow what venan, the freemium thing worked on me. i got the game for free, played two games, got a highscore of around 54 thousand, then thought damn. i really liked space ore bust, and since i got it for free... screwit. i'll down the two dollars and get all the ships

EDIT:unfortunately, the game keeps on failing to connect with itunes

Simon Potticary
11-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Oh yes! I'm properly lovin' this one. Even better than it's big brother (Space Ore Bust). The first 8-10 waves may be a little lame, but it soon hots up, and by wave 24, it's positively on fire! What a 'blast'. Look out for me on Game Centre, I'm Aces High. Feel free to add me!

jak56
11-10-2010, 12:20 PM
wow. you pwn. i can get past wave ten. then again, i've only played twice. :p
what ship do you use?

LordGek
11-10-2010, 12:28 PM
yknow what venan, the freemium thing worked on me. i got the game for free, played two games, got a highscore of around 54 thousand, then thought damn. i really liked space ore bust, and since i got it for free... screwit. i'll down the two dollars and get all the ships

EDIT:unfortunately, the game keeps on failing to connect with itunes

Maybe it is just an issue of heavy traffic but after several failed attempts I tried the "Restore" option (knowing it wouldn't work as I hadn't bought anything yet) but then when I tried to make a purchase afterward it seemed to work (more likely just random luck and my action here as useful as rubbing a rabbit foot but still...).

They delivered EXACTLY what they promised so no complaints...well only a minor one...

I love that this is simply score breaking fun and none of that silly story stuff to get in the way, I think it would have been nice if each ship had more unique weapons considering all of the weapon types available in Space Miner.

Other than that I think they did a great job of reducing their "Asteroids the RPG" game to more "Asteroids Re-Envisioned" with combos, upgrades, and power-ups!

nekros
11-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Just to chime in here, I don't have the game yet, but first time I get near a wifi access point, it's getting downloaded.

I love the Space Ore Blast, and am all about supporting good iOS developers, so expect the $2 from me as well. I understand all the reasons behind the IAP, and we need to forgive them a couple mis-steps here and there with its implementation. Personally, I prefer getting things this way, rather than the "get the Lite version, like it, buy the full, repeat my progress up to the point I got, and remember to remove the Lite, etc."

Just shouting out support. Looking forward to Space Ore Bust 2, or any other future development from you guys.

souskei
11-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Although not as in debth as space ore.. Still lovin blast.

I'm currently #8 on the all time leader boards.. Not too bad eh?

ADD ME I NEED FRIENDS.. Souskei

And is space ore 2 in development?

Anyways bought the blast pack to support you guys!

LordGek
11-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Just to chime in here, I don't have the game yet, but first time I get near a wifi access point, it's getting downloaded.

I love the Space Ore Blast, and am all about supporting good iOS developers, so expect the $2 from me as well. I understand all the reasons behind the IAP, and we need to forgive them a couple mis-steps here and there with its implementation. Personally, I prefer getting things this way, rather than the "get the Lite version, like it, buy the full, repeat my progress up to the point I got, and remember to remove the Lite, etc."

Just shouting out support. Looking forward to Space Ore Bust 2, or any other future development from you guys.

Yeah, while not as big an issue now through the wonders of iOS 4's folders, I've always hated the concept of separate lite and full versions as it just means a lot of extra "App Management" whereas having it all in one place makes things so much simpler in this regard.

jak56
11-10-2010, 12:56 PM
yes, restoring worked! and i just got a new highcore with the firdrake! (126 059)

nonexist
11-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Is only 1.99 at the moment...

AClockworkSausage
11-10-2010, 03:33 PM
"This is not a test user account"
This is all I'm seeing when trying to give away my money :)

Eli
11-10-2010, 03:35 PM
"This is not a test user account"
This is all I'm seeing when trying to give away my money :)

Try uninstalling whatever Cydia packages you've installed to facilitate piracy and it should work fine.

Touchgamer3g
11-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Loving the game :)

Which IAP ship is the best?

eddieg
11-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Give the people something for free and they enjoy destroying it.
Happened to so many times before. Would this game cost a bit,
you wouldn't find that many complaints in here. Simple fact.
I agree...
Can't believe all the complainers for a free game.
It was never meant to be a sequel.
I think it's a great pick up & play game and I actually like the IAP.
If it helps out Venan & cuts down on piracy, I'm all for it!
Played SMOB for an insane amount of time & loved it!
You guys definitely get my $2 for this one.
Great job guys!:D

jak56
11-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Loving the game :)
agreed :D
Which IAP ship is the best?
my highest scores have been with the new jalopy
what's your highscore? and with what ship did you get it?

tblrsa
11-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Okay, so i gave this game a second chance, and yes, its not bad if you take it for what it is, a quick pick up n play highscore game.

Is Venan guilty of trying to make a quick buck with this one? Maybe, i dont know. Fact is its still a fun game to play and waste some time with. DLC is not being abused, as you can buy all ships at one reasonable price.

Touchgamer3g
11-10-2010, 04:20 PM
agreed :D

my highest scores have been with the new jalopy
what's your highscore? and with what ship did you get it?
I just started playing and am on wave 10 (haven't died yet so no high score yet).

I haven't bought any ships so far but am planning to buy one of the packs or the bundle. Since you said New Jalopy was good I will most likely go with that :D

jak56
11-10-2010, 04:21 PM
guys, if you want an honest opinion on whether the dlc is 'compulsory' then here it is.
if you just wanna play the game, shoot a buncha asteroids and flying saucers every once in a while, the first ship will have you set. it's a good game, and you can enjoy it with the first ship

if you're interested in playing longer games, and getting highscores, then you'll be wanting to get the DLC right about now. and i'd reccomend the 1.99 pack. i've been getting highscores with ships left right and center. just when i thought the new jalopy was the best ship for me, (300000+), i get over 800,000 with the centurion.

tl;dr version
so yeah- casual gamers, you can play for free. gamers after highscores, you'll want to get the 1.99 DLC pack
and who said you shouldn't get the DLC pack to support venan? they do pwn, after all! :D

Grubjelly
11-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Currently #6 under "Quotidian" @ 218, 789 (wave 25 or 26). It took some persistence (read: addiction), but overall was very engaging. At first I thought Silent Rocco (sorry, had to compete directly after I failed in Phoenix) had lept from ~120k to ~399k on that same ship, but it turns out to have been with a dlc ship.

your personal robot
11-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Currently #6 under "Quotidian" @ 218, 789 (wave 25 or 26). It took some persistence (read: addiction), but overall was very engaging. At first I thought Silent Rocco (sorry, had to compete directly after I failed in Phoenix) had lept from ~120k to ~399k on that same ship, but it turns out to have been with a dlc ship.

Aaaaah, I'm being observed. Need to stop playing now!

:)

jak56
11-10-2010, 05:00 PM
so whats the overall highscore? (i dont have gamecenter so i cant check)

your personal robot
11-10-2010, 05:22 PM
so whats the overall highscore? (i dont have gamecenter so i cant check)

If real, they are
1) 3 mio.
2) 2,56 mio.
3) 2,33 mio.

Outch... :)

I just got 500k 5 minutes ago.
But it's possible, because it's all about the streaks.
One good streak can give you more than 100 k. I guess, even a lot more.

jak56
11-10-2010, 06:07 PM
How high would I be on the leaderboards with 850000?

souskei
11-10-2010, 06:19 PM
How high would I be on the leaderboards with 850000?

Around 15th maybe ATM..

I have a high score of ~950k and I'm 10th ATM

Venan
11-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for all the great support everyone!

We just submitted a new patch to the App Store that will correct the password issue and hopefully many of the failed purchases that were occurring.

If you are curious to know - the reason the password prompt appeared was due to overzealous engineering on the part of one of our programmers. Prior to opening up the catalog, code was added to synchronize your purchases with the App Store (requiring you to enter your password.) This was to avoid the hypothetical case of someone buying the Blast Pack, deleting the app, re-downloading it, and then attempting to purchase an individual ship by itself (which would not be tagged by Apple as being purchased already). Needless to say, the precautions were unnecessary and the process has now been streamlined.

As an added bonus, since many of you are classic Space Ore Bust fans, the retina patch was just uploaded to the App Store as well.

Keep posting your high scores. The 3+M score was by one of the designers here. I'd like to see him humbled.

brerlappin
11-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Awesome! Any update on when we can expect Space Miner 2?

We just submitted a new patch to the App Store that will correct the password issue and hopefully many of the failed purchases that were occurring.

As an added bonus, since many of your are classic Space Ore Bust fans, the retina patch was just uploaded to the App Store as well.

Grubjelly
11-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks for all the great support everyone!

Keep posting your high scores. The 3+M score was by one of the designers here. I'd like to see him humbled.

It would be less disingenuous to throw out a score that can be beaten with the free version of this app. Anyway, without video proof, I wouldn't believe any of your unproven gamer feats. Being a dev doesn't cut you or anyone else any slack in the global score department.

leogodoy
11-10-2010, 09:50 PM
As an added bonus, since many of your are classic Space Ore Bust fans, the retina patch was just uploaded to the App Store as well.

Wow! Space ore bust in retina, that's great news.

I got the DLC, and so far my high score is in the 300k's.

Cheers,
Leo

Grubjelly
11-10-2010, 11:13 PM
In the short tine since my previous post, the developer (aka "Lord Venan) went and posted an 865,000 score to the Quotidian (free, non upgraded) Game Center leader board. If Apple doesn't already have a policy against developers, or "devs" participating in Game Center this way, then they ought to consider making one. "Lord Venan" ought to do the honorable thing, which is to make a YouTube video of himself scoring at least 400k with the "free" Quotidian ship. Otherwise Apple should disqualify such scores, and limit Venan employee participation to submissions of scores corresponding to recorded ganeplay sessions.

leogodoy
11-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Dude wat? I've been playing for a couple of hours and already got 350k. I'm pretty sure someone better than me (usually at least 10% of the players of any given game, except for a couple where I'm really good, lol) could do 400k without breaking a big sweat. Let alone the developer, who has played this during alfa, beta, etc.!

iball
11-11-2010, 12:24 AM
I immediately payed the $2 to unlock all ships before even playing this game, that's how much trust I have with these developers. And I'm not disappointed with the game. 2 hours flew by before I knew it.

Now hurry up with Space Miner 2, dammit!

madmud101
11-11-2010, 12:40 AM
I am really impressed with this game.

I makesm want to come back again and again.

Cilo
11-11-2010, 01:01 AM
In the short tine since my previous post, the developer (aka "Lord Venan) went and posted an 865,000 score to the Quotidian (free, non upgraded) Game Center leader board. If Apple doesn't already have a policy against developers, or "devs" participating in Game Center this way, then they ought to consider making one. "Lord Venan" ought to do the honorable thing, which is to make a YouTube video of himself scoring at least 400k with the "free" Quotidian ship. Otherwise Apple should disqualify such scores, and limit Venan employee participation to submissions of scores corresponding to recorded ganeplay sessions.

http://joshmoyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/qq.png

Gabrien
11-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Sorry, never mind.

DavidTGT
11-11-2010, 05:09 AM
Venan,

Will the update that you have submited solve the problem to buy the Blast Pack in Europe(Sweden for me)? After I have clicked to purchase and typed my password I get the options if I want to buy the ship or the Blast Pack, but they show as $7 for the ship and $15 for the Blast Pack. Instead of 7kr and 15kr.

Great game and I hope to be able to buy the Blast Pack soon :)

LKR
11-11-2010, 06:05 AM

I sincerely hope (for your own sake) that you are joking. :rolleyes:

Venan
11-11-2010, 06:35 AM
Venan,

Will the update that you have submited solve the problem to buy the Blast Pack in Europe(Sweden for me)? After I have clicked to purchase and typed my password I get the options if I want to buy the ship or the Blast Pack, but they show as $7 for the ship and $15 for the Blast Pack. Instead of 7kr and 15kr.

Great game and I hope to be able to buy the Blast Pack soon :)

The currency symbol is a bug in the current version which we corrected in the patch. But you could purchase the game now, you'll be charged in your native currency.

Grubjelly
11-11-2010, 07:30 AM
The currency symbol is a bug in the current version which we corrected in the patch. But you could purchase the game now, you'll be charged in your native currency.

Now that you've got doodle ninja and asteroids under your belt, you should consider hitting the gym. The buck I just paid to retina support and "fairness" should easily finance the kinds of low-glycemic foods you'll need.

DavidTGT
11-11-2010, 07:34 AM

I did try to buy it even though it said $15 and I got an error message but I tried again just now after reading your post and it worked.

strivemind
11-11-2010, 08:16 AM
I don't know if this has been asked or not but:

Any plans on adding more ships or modes in a future update? And would purchasers of the Blast Pack get those additional ships for free?

btw, loving the game. I just need to find more time to play lol

medianotzu
11-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Wow, I'm shocked that I'm still in the top 10 with 959,048. I got that score the third time I played, too...what the heck...are people not putting any time into this or something?

Venan
11-11-2010, 09:56 AM
I don't know if this has been asked or not but:

Any plans on adding more ships or modes in a future update? And would purchasers of the Blast Pack get those additional ships for free?

btw, loving the game. I just need to find more time to play lol

Great question!

The answer is if we decide to do more DLC ships, they will be included if you bought the Blast Pack.

The if part really just depends on how the game does.

Mfox76
11-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Bah second to lord venal now!:() had one heck of a lucky run, but the secret to the high scores seems to be smart Bombs and reflector shields at the higher waves...used firedrake for quick shooting and dodging...

Venan, at higher waves or combo levels it seems that the tractor been has a longer and quicker reach? Which is it and am I imagining things?:)

Venan
11-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Bah second to lord venal now!:() had one heck of a lucky run, but the secret to the high scores seems to be smart Bombs and reflector shields at the higher waves...used firedrake for quick shooting and dodging...

Venan, at higher waves or combo levels it seems that the tractor been has a longer and quicker reach? Which is it and am I imagining things?:)

Upgrading your collector increases the speed and reach (along with the combo timer and cash mutliplier).

And yes, properly using Smart Bombs is a big key to getting the monster combo multipliers.

leogodoy
11-11-2010, 09:13 PM
638k, bitches. :P

I'm getting the hang of this. Watch out, I be in the million points club in no time. :D

Wilbair
11-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Upgrading your collector increases the speed and reach (along with the combo timer and cash mutliplier).

And yes, properly using Smart Bombs is a big key to getting the monster combo multipliers.

Okey good to hear that! Also congratz on aonther great game:)

Wilbair
11-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Another question because in dont have game center. i would like to know wat are the current highscores? so please can anyone tel me that.

My own highscores is at the moment 2,377,562 afters 26 waves:D
wich place would give me that

tjtoed
11-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Anyone having issues with ship control/thumb wheel?

It seems very unresponsive to me compared to the original game. I am running on an i4 and have rebooted.

Please fix this Venan... love the game, just can't control my ship. It's like delayed or something...

eev
11-12-2010, 08:26 AM

It seems very unresponsive to me compared to the original game. I am running on an i4 and have rebooted.

Please fix this Venan... love the game, just can't control my ship. It's like delayed or something...

same here. original game has better working controls.

Wilbair
11-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Just got 6,430,509 with 30 waves:D

PLease can someone tell me with rank i got in gamecenter? my gamename = wilbair

madmud101
11-12-2010, 08:43 AM
same here. original game has better working controls.

Try changing them in the options.

your personal robot
11-12-2010, 08:43 AM

PLease can someone tell me with rank i got in gamecenter? my gamename = wilbair

Wow. Congrats. You're 1st! :)

Wilbair
11-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Wow. Congrats. You're 1st! :)

I was hoping for that:D

Know i'am seriuosly thinking about updating to 4.1 with jailbreak to defend my number 1 position!!

tjtoed
11-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Try changing them in the options.

change what exactly? I see no options other than "cosmetic" changes for controls...

madmud101
11-12-2010, 09:03 AM
change what exactly? I see no options other than "cosmetic" changes for controls...

Have you tried turning on thumb guide?

That seemed to help for me.

But I must admit, I thought there were more customisable controls. Must have been another game.

eev
11-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Have you tried turning on thumb guide?

hmm, actually it's not working. thumb guide means the controls will be working also if finger leaves control area, right?

Venan
11-12-2010, 10:37 AM
We'll definitely take a look at the controls. The touch handling can be very delicate so things may have changed between the two games unintentionally. It is pretty much the same control code from Space Miner.

Wilbair
11-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Now i have gamecenter:)

To bad that my scores wheren't copied to gamecenter:(

eev
11-12-2010, 02:13 PM
So what is exactly thumb guide in options?

Venan
11-12-2010, 02:44 PM
In regards to the controls we could use any more info you can give us.

1. Is it always bad, or bad in certain circumstances (i.e. low framerate)?
2. Is it better or worse with certain ships?
3. What device and OS version are you experiencing the issues on?

Thanks in advance!

brerlappin
11-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Yeah, sometimes my ship thrusts forward when trying to shoot even though I'm not even near the thrust button. It would be cool if that was fixed.

Osujxu
11-12-2010, 03:35 PM
it's really hard to hold down the shoot and power button at thes same time

your personal robot
11-12-2010, 03:39 PM
it's really hard to hold down the shoot and power button at thes same time

I always play with autofire. Works fantastic.

Rain1dog
11-12-2010, 03:41 PM
WooT! I just cracked all time top ten

jak56
11-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I always play with autofire. Works fantastic.
the secret to success right there.

sammich
11-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Love the game, bought it the second it was released :D Just waiting for the retina update for Miner, although (frankly) I've gotten every achievement for it and it's a done game for me. Would the update just be tweaks for iOS4 and retina?

Please can someone tell me with rank i got in gamecenter? my gamename = wilbair
I was first on 6 302 603 and I went to sleep happily last night :)

Congrats (just :D)

Hope you enjoyed it cos someone else kicked our asses already.

eev
11-12-2010, 06:11 PM
In regards to the controls we could use any more info you can give us.

1. Is it always bad, or bad in certain circumstances (i.e. low framerate)?
2. Is it better or worse with certain ships?
3. What device and OS version are you experiencing the issues on?

Thanks in advance!

could you please say what is thumb guide option?

Venan
11-12-2010, 10:21 PM
could you please say what is thumb guide option?

Yeah, I actually thought I replied earlier, but I don't see it anywhere...

The thumb guide puts a little dot around your ship that helps you direct yourself. It's called a thumb guide since the dot acts as a "guide" to where your thumb is on the control pad.

ovalprocess
11-13-2010, 12:11 AM
If I have two devices, both synced to the same iTunes account, and buy the Blast Pack on one device, shouldn't it carry over to the other device?

I have an iPad and a iPod 4G. I bought the Blast Pack on the iPad and then synced the iPad to iTunes. I synced the iPod to iTunes, but the Blast Pack did not carry over to the iPod.

Please help!

eev
11-13-2010, 03:32 AM
Yeah, I actually thought I replied earlier, but I don't see it anywhere...

The thumb guide puts a little dot around your ship that helps you direct yourself. It's called a thumb guide since the dot acts as a "guide" to where your thumb is on the control pad.

Thanks! Then i can describe the main issue with controls. The wheel area is very small, and if finger stays on the screen but leaves area of wheel - nothing happens. Most games dynamicaly extend the touch area of the controls.

eev
11-14-2010, 05:36 AM
after playing for some time i must admit my first impression was wrong and this game is really good. on later levels there is a lot of action and fun!

Venan
11-14-2010, 06:54 AM
If I have two devices, both synced to the same iTunes account, and buy the Blast Pack on one device, shouldn't it carry over to the other device?

I have an iPad and a iPod 4G. I bought the Blast Pack on the iPad and then synced the iPad to iTunes. I synced the iPod to iTunes, but the Blast Pack did not carry over to the iPod.

Please help!

On your new device (the iPod I think?) when you go to the ship select screen press the restore button. That will re-sync your DLC purchases.

eev
11-14-2010, 09:19 AM
13m almost :) and 49 rounds :p

ovalprocess
11-14-2010, 12:56 PM
On your new device (the iPod I think?) when you go to the ship select screen press the restore button. That will re-sync your DLC purchases.

Thank you, that worked!

Love Space Miner Blast and the Retina graphics on Space Miner: Space Ore Bust. I'm playing through Space Miner: Space Ore Bust again with the Retina graphics and it looks amazing!

eugekava
11-14-2010, 03:00 PM
There is a scrolling line at the top of the menu screen advising how to buy the extra ships and advertising the first game. I hope this ad goes away once the game is updated. We were promised "no ads" if we upgrade. This is a sneaky way to advertise your games. You did the same in the Space ore bust. I don't care if it's just a line at the top of the menu screen. We should not have ads shoved in our faces if we want to play a game we paid for. More Games button should be used instead. I wish you treated your fans with a bit more respect.

Venan
11-14-2010, 03:43 PM
There is a scrolling line at the top of the menu screen advising how to buy the extra ships and advertising the first game. I hope this ad goes away once the game is updated. We were promised "no ads" if we upgrade. This is a sneaky way to advertise your games. You did the same in the Space ore bust. I don't care if it's just a line at the top of the menu screen. We should not have ads shoved in our faces if we want to play a game we paid for. More Games button should be used instead. I wish you treated your fans with a bit more respect.

I know entirely where you are coming from here. However, it is an unfortunately necessity due to the highly competitive nature of the app store. Cross promotion of our catalog of games is a tool we can't really ignore.

So while I understand your concern, it's not something that can be turned off. It isn't permanent however, the text they display is dynamic, and most of the sale messages in blast will be disappearing this evening when the sale ends.

We only tend to use these around game launches, so while they don't go away if you purchase our games (since there is no way to detect that), they will go away eventually.

Iphoneapps
11-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Dear Venan,

I sent you an private message and would be very happy when you are able to answer me

Thanks very much

eugekava
11-14-2010, 05:12 PM
I know entirely where you are coming from here. However, it is an unfortunately necessity due to the highly competitive nature of the app store. Cross promotion of our catalog of games is a tool we can't really ignore.

So while I understand your concern, it's not something that can be turned off. It isn't permanent however, the text they display is dynamic, and most of the sale messages in blast will be disappearing this evening when the sale ends.

We only tend to use these around game launches, so while they don't go away if you purchase our games (since there is no way to detect that), they will go away eventually.
Thanks for your reply, Venan. I really appreciate it that you responded to my concern. So the scrolling ads in both games will be gone in a day or so?
If thats the case I can live with it, as long as it doesn't develop into a permanent ad.

eddieg
11-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Finally got around to getting the blast pack...
I've been playing their other game Trees of Doom a TON!
Don't know how I missed this one or why it's not more popular. It's really great and very addictive.
These guys just know how to make great games!
And the Retina looks sooooooo damn nice! :cool:

Wilbair
11-16-2010, 04:48 PM
The highscores are raising higher and higher:)

LordGek
11-16-2010, 05:04 PM
The highscores are raising higher and higher:)

Clearly a result of our economy and rampant inflation.

The points of today just aren't worth the same as they were yesterday. :rolleyes:

iMario
11-21-2010, 09:20 AM
The further I get, the more I'm starting to love this game! I'm now ranked #17 which I'm pretty happy with.

leogodoy
11-22-2010, 06:29 PM
The further I get, the more I'm starting to love this game! I'm now ranked #17 which I'm pretty happy with.

I Just got my 1st million-point game, up to $2.488.550 .

EDIT: $3.954.436. :)

ImNoSuperMan
11-23-2010, 12:04 AM
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Thanks for playing Blast! This is a quick maintenance release to fix a few things we got wrong the first time:

- Reduced wait timer after upgrades so you can get back into the action faster!
- Fixed app purchasing to only ask for your password when you are about to purchase.
- Correct prices now shown for non-US currency when purchasing.

If you left us a bad review because you feel this isn't a worthy sequel to Space Ore Bust - you're right, it isn't! We're working hard on the sequel right now! We know why you loved the first game and we got a heap of that and more planned for the sequel!

Blast is an arcade spin-off to help keep your ore blasting skills in tip top shape! And hopefully, since it's free, we can get the word out about our other great products.

So please help us by leaving those 5-star ratings and reviews and recommending us to your friends!

What can go wrong? It's free!

And if you purchase any premium ships, it will certainly help us make the Space Miner sequel even better!

Thanks for playing Space Miner Blast!!!!

Problems? Try our Support page on our website:
http://www.venanarcade.com

Follow us on Twitter @VenanEnt for news and tweets and other fun stuff:
http://twitter.com/VenanEnt

And what set of links would be complete without Facebook! We're on here too!
http://www.facebook.com/VenanEnt

hellboy8x
11-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Owesome. I just bought it

iMario
11-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Personally I think Addicted, Earn $100M and Astro Dust are too hard to get. I have all other achievements except for those three, can those be adjusted in an update?

ss: http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo360/iMario_2008/1f7528bf.jpg

eev
12-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Venan
do u plan to improve controls and extend touch area? it's hard to use controls in this game in comparison with original game. Also hit boxes of buttons should be improved.

gravitywave
12-15-2010, 10:46 PM
I love this game. I just wish you would allow me to purchase those other ships in the itunes store, I just have an ipod touch and no wifi and I really don't understand why you cannot sell the game as one with all the ships for the same price, I would buy it.

Anyway, great game.

Is there anything else like this in the app store? I love the combo gathering of ore, I need more games just like it!

dyscode
12-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Clearly a result of our economy and rampant inflation.

The points of today just aren't worth the same as they were yesterday. :rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D L O L!!!!
You make my day, on 16th! to remember!

iMario
02-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Still one of the best games I have on my iPhone but, I would like some updates. The guns are getting boring because they're basically the same, even after upgrading. Or is Space Miner 2 in the works? :D

Venan
12-06-2011, 10:36 AM
A new Space Miner Blast update (v1.1) was released today (I know, I know, its not Space Miner 2 :()

Anyhow, the big change is its no longer free with IAP it now costs $1.99. However, there are also a few other good changes to be excited about:

- Now a universal app w/ native iPad graphics
- No more ads
- No more IAP
- Re-balanced leveling curve

So if you have it - grab an update and get everything unlocked! If you purchased it already - thanks for helping support us and hopefully you like the changes! And if you haven't purchased it yet, but like Asteroids Gunner, I'd just get this instead :p

--Brandon

RaptorF35
12-06-2011, 11:01 AM
A new Space Miner Blast update (v1.1) was released today (I know, I know, its not Space Miner 2 :()

Anyhow, the big change is its no longer free with IAP it now costs $1.99. However, there are also a few other good changes to be excited about:

- Now a universal app w/ native iPad graphics
- No more ads
- No more IAP
- Re-balanced leveling curve

So if you have it - grab an update and get everything unlocked! If you purchased it already - thanks for helping support us and hopefully you like the changes! And if you haven't purchased it yet, but like Asteroids Gunner, I'd just get this instead :p

--Brandon

Perfect! Was just wondering last week if this would go universal or not.

Thanks Venan! Looking forward to SM2 ;)

syntheticvoid
12-06-2011, 11:23 AM
woohoo!!!

Thank you for taking the ads out!

And yes, I'm SUPER STOKED about SM 2! Space Miner was the very first adventure type game I ever got into on my first iPod... the first game I actually sunk hours into, so it holds a special spot in my heart. =oP

Hope SM2 can move in right next to it. =oD

sampdx
12-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Is Space Miner 2 actually coming though? Because I remember reading a while back how they weren't going to make it because the 1st one didn't sale very well.

Will probably check this one out. Thanks.

syntheticvoid
12-06-2011, 11:36 AM
well... there's 4,600+ ratings in the US iTunes store... if that's not really considered selling well... I don't know what is.

**yes, I know that they did just recently go free, but for the current version (the version people would have got for free) there's only 400 or so ratings... and they've never gone free before now... so they've gotten between $0.99 and $5 for each copy sold before the free giveaway.

Gabrien
12-06-2011, 11:38 AM
- No more ads

The game crashed first time I tried to run it. Second time I got to the title screen but there were no buttons to tap and nothing seemed to be working...except for a giant scrolling banner at the top advertising Book of Heros. That seemed to be working just fine.

sampdx
12-06-2011, 11:45 AM
syntheticvoid-

This was the blog post I read.

http://blog.venan.com/2011/06/up-next-new-direction.html

Put on hold actually.

syntheticvoid
12-06-2011, 11:49 AM
syntheticvoid-

This was the blog post I read.

http://blog.venan.com/2011/06/up-next-new-direction.html

Put on hold actually.

thanks for that - and WOW.

I wonder how much they would consider enough $$...

unbrokenchain33
12-06-2011, 12:18 PM
They should ut it on Kickstarter

syntheticvoid
12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
I didn't even think about that! They really should! Get people to help donate money towards the development of SM2. Recently, BigBot Smash did that - it's how the one man dev team was able to fund the making of it... I can't think of any others that have recently been released, but I'm sure there's tons in the making, and more that I don't know of that are already in the AppStore.

I'd throw down some $$ to help fund SM2, and I'm fairly sure loads more fans of the original would as well... especially getting something in return (for BigBot Smash, it was promo codes, t-shirts, being able to submit robot designs, name towns, that sort of thing, all based on how much they donated) - but really - Venan, you should really check that out!

coderkid
12-06-2011, 12:31 PM
I agree with everyone else about SM2 - SM1 was the best game I've played recently (after Mage Gauntlet :P) and the idea of such a great game being continued is exciting.