Achievements and Social Media Systems in Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PawPrintGames, Nov 16, 2010.

1. PawPrintGames

PawPrintGames Member

Oct 28, 2010
    UK
    Hi, I posted this question as part of the official thread to our game but I wasn't getting much feedback so I thought I would start a new thread specifically for this.

We are currently looking into the addition of social media features and achievements for our upcoming iPone/Android game KamiCrazy Retro and was wondering what peoples opinions are on the following -

[1] Do you get a game because it has achievements, social media features or both?
    [2] If a game didn't have any of these features would it stop you buying it?
    [3] Are you signed up to all or some of the ones available (ScoreLoop,Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, GameCentre etc) or is all the fragmentation too much to be bothered with?
    [4] Which social media features including achievements do you like to see in the games you get?
    [5] Which games do you like that you think have currently done this stuff well? (I personally like the facebook scoring integration within doodle jump)
    [6] Any other reasons and comments on these features?

2. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    1) I will buy a game that has no achievements if I really want it. (ie Reckless Racing.) However I would not take a chance on a game that didn't have achievements. Since Game Centre I tend to only buy games with GC Achievements unless it's something that I REALLY want.

2) No achievements = Most times I will not bother buying.

3) I am signed up to Crystal, Plus+, Openfeint, Gameloft, agon and Game Centre. Pretty much only use Game Centre except for a few games that I have had for a while.

4) Firstly I like a game to have achievements and online multi player is great.

5) Fruit Ninja's multi player is great and the achievements are pretty cool as well. Some easy ones and some hard ones.

6) One thing I do hate is games that have lots of content and/or levels etc but only have like 6 achievements.