PDA

View Full Version : *(un)Official* Aralon help Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

faizo
12-27-2010, 01:53 AM
Help!!!
I have the scepterosaur of hammara and Darius told me to go use the scepter on merificus so I did but nothing happens!!!!
I tried from long distance, from right behind him, I even tried killing the bastard!! Why does nothing happen when I use the scepter on Merificus!!

Someone please help!!!!!

Lol

XD
Link the scepter on one of the quick button. U don't have touch the bastard. Just use the scepter the way u use your horse. The bastard will turn into a cow-like demon. Like the first boss in devil may cry 4.

faizo
12-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Played Warrior, couple of questions

1. pumped all to endurance, anyone tested with all strength?

2. Does Urthu (the lvl 35 orc) have any good drops? Any other way of killing it "legitly" coz I lured it to the bridge and it just fell down the cliff.

3. Anyone grind the Ancient Vampire? It is constantly giving very good items & exp

4. If you kill any NPC (sunclaw) related to the main quest does that mean you cannot complete the game? I mean should there be a warning not to do so?

5. Are there any purchasable weapons after cold keep?

1. Lol that maybe good, I was concentrating on agility so almost all of my attack now is critical.

2. Haven't seen him.. I'll try.

3. Yeah it's about 1000 exp when I beat him. He dropped 2 sword the red one and the great one with dazzle on it.

4. If u finished the game, kill him. Just for fun though. But if u kill him before the quest, i dunno maybe u can finish the game, since sunclaw only take u to the drake isle in which reachable by swimming there.

5. If it's weapon, the best one is in redrock bay (south west of the map). But the best armor is in cold keep. But i never buy any of those since the monster will always drop them.

SluttyPumpkin
12-27-2010, 02:41 AM
1. Lol that maybe good, I was concentrating on agility so almost all of my attack now is critical.

2. Haven't seen him.. I'll try.

3. Yeah it's about 1000 exp when I beat him. He dropped 2 sword the red one and the great one with dazzle on it.

4. If u finished the game, kill him. Just for fun though. But if u kill him before the quest, i dunno maybe u can finish the game, since sunclaw only take u to the drake isle in which reachable by swimming there.

5. If it's weapon, the best one is in redrock bay (south west of the map). But the best armor is in cold keep. But i never buy any of those since the monster will always drop them.

@Faizo you played warrior or rogue? coz there is no way i can survive with less than 800 HP if i pumped strength, especially in orc fortress.

The vamp drop Nightblade (dazzle), Axe of Harm (Bleed) & Soul stealer (Drain), will have to go redrock bay to see if i can get better -
** Is redrock bay in the same map as Sunclaw lair?**

Just got the Scepter, now wandering around, and could not speak to the globin, never kill sunclaw as he does not drop anything great :p

-Edit- just got through mountain pass!

faizo
12-27-2010, 05:48 AM
@Faizo you played warrior or rogue? coz there is no way i can survive with less than 800 HP if i pumped strength, especially in orc fortress.

The vamp drop Nightblade (dazzle), Axe of Harm (Bleed) & Soul stealer (Drain), will have to go redrock bay to see if i can get better -
** Is redrock bay in the same map as Sunclaw lair?**

Just got the Scepter, now wandering around, and could not speak to the globin, never kill sunclaw as he does not drop anything great :p

-Edit- just got through mountain pass!

I played warrior. But I went to the fortress when I've beaten the game. Lvl 46 i think.. So almost all of the attack are miss.
The boss, who was it again? Uthu? Dropped some good stuff and good amount of exp. If u really need health, beat uthun (or whoever lived in a cave in outland) he wil drop a cloak which will give u 150 health (if i wasn't mistaken)

No redrock bay is in... U know the forest before u get to the outland (sunclaw lair)?? Take a look at the map, there will be a mountain pass. That's redrock. It's worthy..

The goblins never talked. I think it may have something with aralon's another update... Yeah just leave him be... Lol

diegoz
12-27-2010, 06:10 AM
I remember doing The Plan... and that guy in the second floor corridor was the last quest I did (I think he was the one that sent me into the crypt to talk to the queen's spirit). I went back to him a couple times to see if he'd give me further direction but he doesn't. I also tried talking to the other guilds but they won't talk to me unless I join their guild (which I didn't do). I guess it couldn't hurt to join the other guilds even though I'm a warrior?

Yes of course, u have to sign up for all the guilds.

SluttyPumpkin
12-27-2010, 07:37 AM
I played warrior. But I went to the fortress when I've beaten the game. Lvl 46 i think.. So almost all of the attack are miss.
The boss, who was it again? Uthu? Dropped some good stuff and good amount of exp. If u really need health, beat uthun (or whoever lived in a cave in outland) he wil drop a cloak which will give u 150 health (if i wasn't mistaken)

No redrock bay is in... U know the forest before u get to the outland (sunclaw lair)?? Take a look at the map, there will be a mountain pass. That's redrock. It's worthy..

The goblins never talked. I think it may have something with aralon's another update... Yeah just leave him be... Lol

@Faizo,

The mountain pass leads to place with terror bird/ ice elemental, cant find the redrock bay, unless you meant the forest BEFORE entering Cold keep.
**Edit** Found the mountain pass, did not realise there were TWO mountain pass...

The ice elemental queen, like some other witch got some pwning 3-4 sec stuns, not sure how "resist" works, ie. Higher level more resist? Or will defense helps?

Booch138
12-27-2010, 12:17 PM
I cannot for the life of me find Sunclaws Lair or whatever. Can someone take a snapshot of the map and circle it for me? LOL I know that's asking a lot and I feel literally retarded and I have looked everywhere but i simply cannot find it at all.

Alcadeias
12-27-2010, 12:31 PM
I cannot for the life of me find Sunclaws Lair or whatever. Can someone take a snapshot of the map and circle it for me? LOL I know that's asking a lot and I feel literally retarded and I have looked everywhere but i simply cannot find it at all.

Open your map; it should be one of the hotspots...

I know the NPCs say it's located north of Karn, but it's not.
Sunclaw's lair is near Cold Sands Hold, close to the southwest corner of the map. If you hug the wall to your left when you enter Outlands from Cold Sands, you'll find it.

Booch138
12-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Open your map; it should be one of the hotspots...

I know the NPCs say it's located north of Karn, but it's not.
Sunclaw's lair is near Cold Sands Hold, close to the southwest corner of the map. If you hug the wall to your left when you enter Outlands from Cold Sands, you'll find it.

Lmao. God I am a f*cking idiot. I knew it was like right under my nose but Jesus Christ could not find it at all. Thanks for the help man.

thethinice
12-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Lol

XD
Link the scepter on one of the quick button. U don't have touch the bastard. Just use the scepter the way u use your horse. The bastard will turn into a cow-like demon. Like the first boss in devil may cry 4.

I tried that. But anyways I believe it is just a game breaking bug, probably because I turned outlaw and attacked merificus before. So now instead of initiating a cutscene, I get attacked by a mob of guards all yelling "Die outlaw scum!"

I'm just going to have to wait till this is fixed. Can't progress through the main story though :(

12yam
12-27-2010, 04:57 PM
ok. this is going to be tricky but bare with me.
you have to go down to the bottom of the lava room and there is a switch. activate, then go back where you came from, and the first gate should be open.
fall that all of the way to the top window overlooking the lava room. there should be another switch now. activate that one and you'll see the other gate open up across the way.
then just grab keys in chests and you should be good to go.

this was for the 2nd floor -_-, id like to know (as well as many others) how to navigate the 3rd floor. faizo gave a good tip, but after spending half an hour running around the hallways of the 3rd floor, i cant figure anything out. I found both stones, but i dont know how many times ive turned each of them because each time a find one, i turn it :(. i cant for the life of me figure out where im supposed to go :confused:

brettanderson
12-27-2010, 05:47 PM
this was for the 2nd floor -_-, id like to know (as well as many others) how to navigate the 3rd floor. faizo gave a good tip, but after spending half an hour running around the hallways of the 3rd floor, i cant figure anything out. I found both stones, but i dont know how many times ive turned each of them because each time a find one, i turn it :(. i cant for the life of me figure out where im supposed to go :confused:

There are two stones, you just need to turn each one once. The two stones look different, so if you run into a stone you've seen before, you've gone in a circle - don't turn it again.

Aiti1980 posted a video guide here:
http://toucharcade.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1508202&postcount=478

12yam
12-27-2010, 06:23 PM
There are two stones, you just need to turn each one once. The two stones look different, so if you run into a stone you've seen before, you've gone in a circle - don't turn it again.

Aiti1980 posted a video guide here:
http://toucharcade.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1508202&postcount=478

thanks man! the links helped a lot. only problem was that i reached the ancient lynch and died instantly, and had to start over from the beginning of the 3rd floor :mad:, but whatever, im not stuck anymore :D appreciate it!!

brettanderson
12-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Are there quests associated with the following areas:

1. Unther's Cave
2. Ice Elemental Queen Lair
3. Fire Elemental Lair
4. Rock Giant's Lair

Also how many quests are linked to the thieves guild? I haven't joined because of all the posts mentioning that people are attacking them even if they have neutral status.

brettanderson
12-27-2010, 06:37 PM
thanks man! the links helped a lot. only problem was that i reached the ancient lynch and died instantly, and had to start over from the beginning of the 3rd floor :mad:, but whatever, im not stuck anymore :D appreciate it!!

No problem, someone should sticky Aiti1980's post so it's easy to find.

Joshn
12-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Trick to navigating the third floor: Don't turn the obelisk in the room with the flag

Hope that helps!

dwright1542
12-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Does Icefang give you the egg? I've defeated him...but no egg. Did I miss it in the mines?

brettanderson
12-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Does Icefang give you the egg? I've defeated him...but no egg. Did I miss it in the mines?

Do you mean Ashmore the red dragon? If so there's a chest in the same room as Ashmore, it's off in the corner hidden behind some rocks. For a moment, I thought killing Ashmore was the quest and almost left without the egg.

Bethany
12-27-2010, 11:43 PM
I feel sheepish for having to ask, but:

Near the beginning of the game, there's the "Safe Journey to Taryn Ridge" quest, where you have to get the woman back to town in 3 minutes. Is there a trick doing this that lets you make it back that quickly? I've tried 6-7 times now and no matter how much I try to rush I always run out of time just as I approach the town.

I'm enjoying the game so far but I must say I'm spending more time fighting the controls than fighting the monsters...

tantrikninja
12-28-2010, 12:10 AM
I feel sheepish for having to ask, but:

Near the beginning of the game, there's the "Safe Journey to Taryn Ridge" quest, where you have to get the woman back to town in 3 minutes. Is there a trick doing this that lets you make it back that quickly? I've tried 6-7 times now and no matter how much I try to rush I always run out of time just as I approach the town.

I'm enjoying the game so far but I must say I'm spending more time fighting the controls than fighting the monsters...

There's two routes from her house to the village of Taryn Ridge. The one you want to lead her through is leftwards - I think !!

Either way if you spend a minute or two moving around the map starting from outside the chicks hut to the village you should be able to sort it out no problem. Also it helps if your slightly leveled up so you can almost one hit any opposition you run into on the way (mostly lvl 3-5 bandits and thugs if I remember it).

dwright1542
12-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Do you mean Ashmore the red dragon? If so there's a chest in the same room as Ashmore, it's off in the corner hidden behind some rocks. For a moment, I thought killing Ashmore was the quest and almost left without the egg.

That did it. Finished the game. The end was the easiest part. I took on too much of the desert, and leveled up pretty far before I figured out I had to go back to Darius to continue The Plan. Drake Island to the end was way to easy.

brettanderson
12-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally Posted by brettanderson Do you mean Ashmore the red dragon? If so there's a chest in the same room as Ashmore, it's off in the corner hidden behind some rocks. For a moment, I thought killing Ashmore was the quest and almost left without the egg. That did it. Finished the game. The end was the easiest part. I took on too much of the desert, and leveled up pretty far before I figured out I had to go back to Darius to continue The Plan. Drake Island to the end was way to easy.

Yeah I was in the same boat was already at level 42 heading to shadowspire and could defeat everything far too easily. The greatest challenge I had the whole game was the minotaur king.

brettanderson
12-28-2010, 12:36 AM
I think it was easy because I did so many side quests along the way, if I stuck mostly to the main plot, the difficulty would have been about right. Though that discourages doing too many quests which seems strange.

SluttyPumpkin
12-28-2010, 01:03 AM
Hi guys,

is the cold keep defense gear the best you can get cause im socketing them with runes.

Am currently using Everkeen sword and axe due to the speed, @lvl 40 are there any better weapons out there to grind?

Ddyracer123
12-28-2010, 01:25 AM
Where do I find the helga ring?

Rags4
12-28-2010, 01:44 AM
Where do I find the helga ring?

Ug's Lair, it's south of Callaheim, it'll be on your map.

DexterExeter
12-28-2010, 02:49 AM
Has anyone posted a list of the NPCs and their locations? If not, would someone be willing to do that?

I don't play the game frequently or for long, and so I've forgotten where to find several characters mentioned by name, but not by location in the quest log. Darius and Gorak to name just two.

It seems that would be a reference document that lots of folks would use.

Ddyracer123
12-28-2010, 03:44 AM
Ug's Lair, it's south of Callaheim, it'll be on your map.
I know where it is as I been there to slay him in of the quests. I think I sold the ring to a merchant. I hope it's in a treasure chest.

kenshinwandering
12-28-2010, 03:45 AM
Has anyone posted a list of the NPCs and their locations? If not, would someone be willing to do that?

I don't play the game frequently or for long, and so I've forgotten where to find several characters mentioned by name, but not by location in the quest log. Darius and Gorak to name just two.

It seems that would be a reference document that lots of folks would use.

I don't know about every NPC but Darius has his own house in West Callaheim which is easily seen on the map and Gorak is in the Royal Palace in East Callaheim

frabbe
12-28-2010, 06:43 AM
Hi at all! How can I reach the cave of the sisters of night? I look around but I can't find a path or a road to this cave...

Rothgarr
12-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Ug. So, I think my main storyline quest is definitely busted. I went ahead and joined all guilds in Callaheim and finished their quests. One of them eventually sent me to Redrock Bay where I picked up a Minotaur quest that i completed but my quest log is now again blank with no direction and no one giving quests...

faizo
12-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi guys,

is the cold keep defense gear the best you can get cause im socketing them with runes.

Am currently using Everkeen sword and axe due to the speed, @lvl 40 are there any better weapons out there to grind?

The best would probably the superb steel set which are nowhere to be sold. The monsters on your way to the last mission will drop them.
But the sets in cold keep is probably the best in store.

The best axe known is shade axe power 145. But lack of speed. The best great sword is nightblade with 143, but everkeen is good for the other hand.

faizo
12-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Ug. So, I think my main storyline quest is definitely busted. I went ahead and joined all guilds in Callaheim and finished their quests. One of them eventually sent me to Redrock Bay where I picked up a Minotaur quest that i completed but my quest log is now again blank with no direction and no one giving quests...

That was good.
Now try to speak with either darius in west callaheim or gorakk in the second floor of the quarter in east callaheim.

faizo
12-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi at all! How can I reach the cave of the sisters of night? I look around but I can't find a path or a road to this cave...

I know the map is a pain in the arse.
So..
After u got to the forest from west callaheim, go forward. Follow the path. Follow the path only. U'll then see two branch of the path. Go left. (it should be before the gnome)
After that, u'll see a lake. Yes it's a lake with two road on every sides of it. Take the left. U'll find the sister's cave on the right side of your path then.

jiggye
12-28-2010, 11:04 AM
hey do you already know how to go to the smugglers cove? i have the same problem on how to go there

diffusion8r
12-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Lol, I was playing this game, beating the evil gnoll leader etc and then I realise that the map shown at the beginning is only half the world of Aralon?!?

dannythefool
12-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Lol, I was playing this game, beating the evil gnoll leader etc and then I realise that the map shown at the beginning is only half the world of Aralon?!?

Uh, wait until you find the other maps... there's more than two ;-)

frabbe
12-28-2010, 12:09 PM
I know the map is a pain in the arse.
So..
After u got to the forest from west callaheim, go forward. Follow the path. Follow the path only. U'll then see two branch of the path. Go left. (it should be before the gnome)
After that, u'll see a lake. Yes it's a lake with two road on every sides of it. Take the left. U'll find the sister's cave on the right side of your path then.

Thanks very very much! With your help I have found it! :D

Rothgarr
12-28-2010, 12:19 PM
That was good.
Now try to speak with either darius in west callaheim or gorakk in the second floor of the quarter in east callaheim.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Oddly, Darius didn't want to give up any info. Now, "the Plan" seems to be continuing as it should.

Funny, though, I'm already level 42 right now and it seems like it's going to take me to places I've already been previously trying to pick up quests. For example, I've already got the seal for the temple, I already helped Sunclaw by giving him the balm (and he offered me no ride).

Thanks so much for the help!

iVaro
12-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Anybody know where i could find Eckar? I forgot where he is located.
any help appreciated.

iOSMaster

I think he's in one of the guild houses, or he's in the palace

darrinsden
12-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Is there a way to jump?

The reason I ask is that I went on a boat in the out lands and can't get off. There is no ramp and my char is kinda stuck :)

Thanks
Darrin

iVaro
12-28-2010, 12:29 PM
hey do you already know how to go to the smugglers cove? i have the same problem on how to go there
Go to the outlands. you can find it by heading through the north gate in callaheim and then heading to cold sands hold

Have you spoken to Darius in Western Callaheim already about 'The Plan'?

Dayatoo
12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
So I'm in Unther's Cave. Should I tell him I'm 'the one' and kill him?

SluttyPumpkin
12-28-2010, 12:38 PM
The best would probably the superb steel set which are nowhere to be sold. The monsters on your way to the last mission will drop them.
But the sets in cold keep is probably the best in store.

The best axe known is shade axe power 145. But lack of speed. The best great sword is nightblade with 143, but everkeen is good for the other hand.

Got an axe called soul stealer, 182 power but lack of speed too, 2.2.. Guess i will stick with everkeen till there is a way to replenish charges on night blade. Thanks for the help!

DexterExeter
12-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks!

Kuffin
12-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I have gotten through the lava room gates in the the Azra temple, past the boulder and down to the chest with the key. Now I can't figure out where the door is to use the key. Can anyone help? Been back and forth and don't see anything...

Kuffin
12-28-2010, 01:27 PM

Go back to talk to Darius and continue on "the plan" quest.

iVaro
12-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Where do I find the soothing balm?

Paradiso
12-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Where do I find the soothing balm?

Get the recipe from vierne and look for Yuma plants around Karn

Rothgarr
12-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Is there a way to jump?

The reason I ask is that I went on a boat in the out lands and can't get off. There is no ramp and my char is kinda stuck :)

Thanks
Darrin

No way to jump. I, too, got stuck on the boat outside of Karn. I just kept running along the outside of the boat and my char eventually hopped up onto the lip and I either fell into the water or onto the pier.

Kuffin
12-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I love Aralon! I just have one question about it: how can I progress in the Azara Temple? I mean, I've gone to both ends of the first level and have activated all the switches and been to the room after the rolling ball, but what do I do next? I've searched for some secret button or wall (oh and I have the key as well) but I can't find a thing. Responses are much appreciated!

I am stuck in the same situation. Any help? Thanks!

Rothgarr
12-28-2010, 04:41 PM
I am stuck in the same situation. Any help? Thanks!

Did you get to the hallway yet with the swinging blades? If not, go back to the large room with what looks like a large alter. If you are facing the alter, turn right and go down that hallway. If recall correctly, before you get to the room at the end there should be another hallway that branches off to the left. that's where you want to go (if memory serves correctly).

oddworld
12-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Im in the quest "rescue Gorak"
I'm at the keep, I've killed Lord Valmar, but I can't find Gorak or the dungeons.
Is the quest referring to the dungeons in Calleheim or are there dungeons in Castle Valemar?
Where are you Gorak, I need to rescue you!?

brettanderson
12-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Im in the quest "rescue Gorak"
I'm at the keep, I've killed Lord Valmar, but I can't find Gorak or the dungeons.
Is the quest referring to the dungeons in Calleheim or are there dungeons in Castle Valemar?
Where are you Gorak, I need to rescue you!?

The dungeons are in the same building as the lord you killed, I kinda stumbled onto them, but if you kill the lord and then backtrack for the exit, there's a hallway on your left, it slopes downwards to the dungeons.

faizo
12-28-2010, 06:58 PM
So I'm in Unther's Cave. Should I tell him I'm 'the one' and kill him?

Yes.. He drops some good stuffs

brettanderson
12-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayatoo So I'm in Unther's Cave. Should I tell him I'm 'the one' and kill him? Yes.. He drops some good stuffs

Really wonder what's the point of Unther. Is he part of a quest I missed, or will he be an important part of the story in the next update. Just seems strange to highlight him on the map and you just show up and kill him for no reason.

SluttyPumpkin
12-28-2010, 09:44 PM
The dungeons are in the same building as the lord you killed, I kinda stumbled onto them, but if you kill the lord and then backtrack for the exit, there's a hallway on your left, it slopes downwards to the dungeons.

I've killed the lord, in the dungeon, with 4 cell keys. Have no quest to recue gorak tho, how to activate the quest or what to do with the cell keys :p

thanks!

brettanderson
12-28-2010, 10:06 PM
I've killed the lord, in the dungeon, with 4 cell keys. Have no quest to recue gorak tho, how to activate the quest or what to do with the cell keys :p

thanks!

Did you use the sceptre of hammara on that mercifius guy. If I recall correctly the rescues Gorak quest comes right after that. I think you talk to Darius, but I'm not sure if that's correct.

oddworld
12-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Ahhhhh just beat it! Ended at level 46 with 500 enemies killed. Fun game. Great game.
The ending was somewhat anticlimactic, but a great game nonetheless

I ended up with 60,000 gold at the end with nothing to spend it on

thethinice
12-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Did you use the sceptre of hammara on that mercifius guy. If I recall correctly the rescues Gorak quest comes right after that. I think you talk to Darius, but I'm not sure if that's correct.

Haha I'm stuck on that. I need to use the scepter on merificus but I attacked him before so now whenever he sees me he gets pissed and attacks me so even if I use the scepter on him nothing happens cause the cutscene isn't triggered or something I guess.

Mindfield
12-28-2010, 10:37 PM

I'm kind of stuck on this. I've already rescued Gorak -- the problem is I did so before I was given the quest. He's rescued. So now Darius gives me the quest, but it isn't recognized as already completed, and I can't get him to give me the XP for it. Any ideas?

iVaro
12-28-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm kind of stuck on this. I've already rescued Gorak -- the problem is I did so before I was given the quest. He's rescued. So now Darius gives me the quest, but it isn't recognized as already completed, and I can't get him to give me the XP for it. Any ideas?

Are you sure you weren't supposed to take back an item?

Mindfield
12-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Are you sure you weren't supposed to take back an item?

I don't recall him giving me anything, no.

SluttyPumpkin
12-29-2010, 12:21 AM

Ahh nope. That means i need to walk all the way back to Mercifius : (

thanks for info!

Mindfield
12-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Ahh nope. That means i need to walk all the way back to Mercifius : (

thanks for info!

Walk? Take a horse man. Or better yet, buy a better horse. There's a guy selling them outside the north gate to Callaheim. The prices reflect their speed. The white one is a very fast steed, indeed -- tough to steer without hitting things and falling off. But that problem will be solved when you find the drake egg and can summon a drake to ride. Just as fast, won't knock you off when you bump into things.

slushie
12-29-2010, 01:13 AM
I have found a sapphire in the sewers and in the gnome lair, where's the last one for the quest? Help will b much appreciated

SluttyPumpkin
12-29-2010, 04:08 AM
Walk? Take a horse man. Or better yet, buy a better horse. There's a guy selling them outside the north gate to Callaheim. The prices reflect their speed. The white one is a very fast steed, indeed -- tough to steer without hitting things and falling off. But that problem will be solved when you find the drake egg and can summon a drake to ride. Just as fast, won't knock you off when you bump into things.

LMAO, sorry wrong usage of word :p Got all mount cept the terrorbird. Yeah so what i've observed was correct, on drake you wont be knock off easily!

Myfingershurt
12-29-2010, 10:49 AM
So I just went into the bank in East Calheim to see what's in there... Did any of you guys know that you have a bank chest to store items in? :D

dannythefool
12-29-2010, 11:36 AM
So I just went into the bank in East Calheim to see what's in there... Did any of you guys know that you have a bank chest to store items in? :D

Yes... but I never needed it...

Rothgarr
12-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes... but I never needed it...

I stored mounts in there that I wasn't using. Would be cool if multiple characters could "share" the chests. Then I'd store all kind of junk in there for other characters.

Rothgarr
12-29-2010, 02:02 PM
So... Azara Temple... did you guys map out the floor with the obelisks? I've probably walked around for an hour now, found and rotated two obelisks, and "heard something in the distance". Do you basically walk around until you find a different hallway? Or do you have to backtrack out of that entire area after you spin the two obelisks?

Planetshooter
12-29-2010, 03:36 PM
So... Azara Temple... did you guys map out the floor with the obelisks? I've probably walked around for an hour now, found and rotated two obelisks, and "heard something in the distance". Do you basically walk around until you find a different hallway? Or do you have to backtrack out of that entire area after you spin the two obelisks?

Mapping it would have been a great idea, thinking about it. I turned the two obelisks and then randomly wandered around until I saw something that looked different. That's a pretty stupid way to deal with it but I didn't really have much of a choice.

Thinking about it, the temple is the one thing putting me off a second complete play-through because it's a bit tedious trying to find your way out of the third level. So yeah, a map would be nice. Maybe I should map it...

Rothgarr
12-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Mapping it would have been a great idea, thinking about it. I turned the two obelisks and then randomly wandered around until I saw something that looked different. That's a pretty stupid way to deal with it but I didn't really have much of a choice.

Thinking about it, the temple is the one thing putting me off a second complete play-through because it's a bit tedious trying to find your way out of the third level. So yeah, a map would be nice. Maybe I should map it...

I think anyone who mapped it would be a hero. A legendary hero.

brettanderson
12-29-2010, 04:15 PM

I feel the same way, the rest of the game is great, but the temple is very tedious, I don't enjoy any of the levels. It's too much running back and forth.

slushie
12-29-2010, 04:18 PM
I have found a sapphire in the sewers and in the gnome lair, where's the last one for the quest? Help will b much appreciated

Goose
12-29-2010, 05:23 PM

it's a random chest drop.

Mindfield
12-29-2010, 07:01 PM

Yeah, never used it. I could probably store a few things I'm not using in there to make room for more loot, but at this stage in the game I don't really care. I have 100,000 gold and nothing to spend it on.

There are two hallways with a gate blocking your passage. The first accessible obelisk opens the new area where you'll find the second obelisk, which opens a door back in the first area. It's tedious but wasn't too difficult. Just find the gates before you turn the obelisks and remember where they are when you open them.

Go to the outlands north of Cold Sands Hold, and then to the mountain pass to the northwest. You'll enter a cold, wintry area. Just beyond a ruined archway (you'll kill a couple of terrorbirds first) you'll run into ice elementals. Kill them. They drop nothing but jewels. Keep killing them 'til you have what you need. (Collect as much as you can though, you can sell them for good money.) Make sure you're high enough level though. (25-30 I'd say) as they're tough for lower level characters. If you're strong enough you can enter the cave straight ahead from the first archway and kill the ice elemental queen. She's not part of any quest that I know of so she's free to be taken out at any time. Gather at least 3 of each before heading back to East Callaheim, and don't cash them in 'til you've talked with the collector, he'll be looking for 3 more jewels, so you could complete both of his quests at the same time.

Paradiso
12-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Just diagramed the entire Temple of Azra :) in pencil now but I'll map it on the computer and upload tonight for anyone whose stuck there.

faizo
12-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Just diagramed the entire Temple of Azra :) in pencil now but I'll map it on the computer and upload tonight for anyone whose stuck there.

Great! We need Thousands of you to make this world better....

TiltMyTouch
12-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Great! We need Thousands of you to make this world better....

Thousands is an understatement.

Paradiso
12-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Heres the temple map, hope it helps.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=78920

Spiral75
12-30-2010, 12:17 AM
I have looked through the thread a few times and I saw this question asked but never an answer.......

as a Rogue, where can you get poisons once you learn the skill? I have learned the skill several lvls ago and I cant seem to find out where to get the poison to use! Thanks!

Paradiso
12-30-2010, 12:20 AM
I have looked through the thread a few times and I saw this question asked but never an answer.......

as a Rogue, where can you get poisons once you learn the skill? I have learned the skill several lvls ago and I cant seem to find out where to get the poison to use! Thanks!

Go in the sewers and into the thieves den, I got over 100 by killing and looting the first two people there.

slushie
12-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Where the he'll do I fond sapphires I need to finish the damn quest since he acts aggregise towards me after I kill lord telmon for another quest, this is a help thread for gods sake 'it's a random chest drop' isn't helping me

Paradiso
12-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Where the he'll do I fond sapphires I need to finish the damn quest since he acts aggregise towards me after I kill lord telmon for another quest, this is a help thread for gods sake 'it's a random chest drop' isn't helping me

Theres no place to specifically get them. The items in most chests are randomized, so you'll just have to keep searching.

Paradiso
12-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Just finished the mapping for Valamers Keep so I'll post the link here when it's uploaded. might not be till tonight though.

trystero
12-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Can anyone answer the following two questions:

1) Is there a way to check out the quest rewards when given a choice without actually choosing them?

2) For the Mage guild, I am asked to get rat blood from the tunnels beneath the city... are these tunnels and the sewers one and the same?

Sorry if these have been answered, I was browsing the thread looking but there are too many spoilers so I had to stop :)

Mindfield
12-30-2010, 06:22 PM
1) Is there a way to check out the quest rewards when given a choice without actually choosing them?

IIRC you can tap on the quest in your quest log and check out each item by tapping on it.

2) For the Mage guild, I am asked to get rat blood from the tunnels beneath the city... are these tunnels and the sewers one and the same?

Yes. Lots of rats down there.

Flypaperz
12-30-2010, 07:07 PM
The dragon Sunclaw wont talk to me.

I went to Karn and spoke with Vienne (?) and she told me that I had to speak with Sunclaw to gain access to the temple. When I talk to him, he says: "I do not wish to speak with you mortal. My temper is foul of late."

The name of the quest I am on is The Plan.

Help. Thanks.

Mindfield
12-30-2010, 07:34 PM
The dragon Sunclaw wont talk to me.

I went to Karn and spoke with Vienne (?) and she told me that I had to speak with Sunclaw to gain access to the temple. When I talk to him, he says: "I do not wish to speak with you mortal. My temper is foul of late."

The name of the quest I am on is The Plan.

Help. Thanks.

Right near Karn, beside the dock, is a dead drake. Loot him, then speak to Sunclaw.

Bethany
12-30-2010, 07:34 PM
There's two routes from her house to the village of Taryn Ridge. The one you want to lead her through is leftwards - I think !!

Either way if you spend a minute or two moving around the map starting from outside the chicks hut to the village you should be able to sort it out no problem. Also it helps if your slightly leveled up so you can almost one hit any opposition you run into on the way (mostly lvl 3-5 bandits and thugs if I remember it).

I only found one route and had it well-memorized, but I still came up just short time-wise. I'll look again. Also, I got bored and pressed on, but discovered I'd missed finding a thief back in Taryn Ridge, so I may head back and try again. Presumably now that I'm level 18 the various bad guys will drop faster. :-)

Another fairly silly question: can the chests in the Guild Halls indeed be used for long-term storage? It seems like I'm going to be popping in and out of there on quests for awhile, so it seems handier than the bank. Also, do I need to keep the various keys once I've unlocked the chests?

Mindfield
12-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Another fairly silly question: can the chests in the Guild Halls indeed be used for long-term storage? It seems like I'm going to be popping in and out of there on quests for awhile, so it seems handier than the bank.

Yes. Actually, you can do this with any chest.

Also, do I need to keep the various keys once I've unlocked the chests?

No, once it's unlocked, it stays unlocked, at least so far as I've found. If you're not sure, just store them in a chest.

Flypaperz
12-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Right near Karn, beside the dock, is a dead drake. Loot him, then speak to Sunclaw.

Thanks

Spiral75
12-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Ok BIG issue :(

I am level 23. Never had a problem with the game. Today I tried to load my saved game......the game would take me to the loading screen and then it would START to load my game (i think im saved in the sewers) but it would freeze. I can see the play screen but its dark and frozen. As if its freezing as the map loads. I tried a hard reset on my device and I tried closing all of my multi tasked apps. No luck. BUT when I created a NEW game, it lets me save and load just fine!! Anyone have this happen or know a fix? I would HATE to lose my progress!!!

Flypaperz
12-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Ok BIG issue :(

I am level 23. Never had a problem with the game. Today I tried to load my saved game......the game would take me to the loading screen and then it would START to load my game (i think im saved in the sewers) but it would freeze. I can see the play screen but its dark and frozen. As if its freezing as the map loads. I tried a hard reset on my device and I tried closing all of my multi tasked apps. No luck. BUT when I created a NEW game, it lets me save and load just fine!! Anyone have this happen or know a fix? I would HATE to lose my progress!!!

Did you try loading your Auto-Save file versus your Manual-Save file (or any alternate save files you have for your main game)?

Spiral75
12-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Yes i tried loading both ways but i get the same thing. Thats what made me start a new game. Only the new game will load.

Paradiso
12-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Here's a link to the Valamers Keep map I made

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=79009

And the guide I'm starting

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=78331

triggywiggy
12-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Here's a link to the Valamers Keep map I made

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=79009

And the guide I'm starting

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=78331

Just post them in here instead of clogging up all the forum with Aralon threads.

deepInSF
12-31-2010, 04:57 AM
Yeah - the Yuma Seeds are green plants that are between Vierne's hut and the Temple of Azara... I had pretty much given up til I found this thread. Thanks y'all!

.ps I have the same problem with Icefang's egg - no quest. :-(

sikander
12-31-2010, 05:10 AM
I downloaded aralon but it is not workin well . Need help.

crex
12-31-2010, 05:12 AM
I downloaded aralon but it is not workin well . Need help.

What device are you on?

Rothgarr
12-31-2010, 09:50 AM
Just finished the game last night. Ended up level 48 warrior with over 156,000 gold.

Best game I ever played on my iPhone 4. Gonna play through again as a Mage on my iPad.

Paradiso
12-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Just finished the game last night. Ended up level 48 warrior with over 156,000 gold.

Best game I ever played on my iPhone 4. Gonna play through again as a Mage on my iPad.

It's even better on the iPad. It'll be my personal favorite iPad game once they release the enhanced iPad ui. I still played through it twice already, and I'll play though again with the paladin class.

fish1717
12-31-2010, 10:09 AM
I think I screwed up big time! I already went to Drake's Island via Sunclaw, got the Drake Egg and the gem from the chest on the island. But I think I sold the gem when I was trying to buy all the mounts from the Horse guy in Callihiem!

I tried everything from abandoning "The Plan" quest to trying to buy it back from the horse guy, but I've offically lost the gemstone!

I'm screwed aren't I? Now I can't get into the temple and of course I don't have a backup save before I lost the gem.:mad:

Does anyone know what the name of the gem was?

undeadcow
12-31-2010, 10:23 AM
1. Is it possible to complete quests from both Ug and Og or do you have to choose one over the other?

Ug wants you to kill Og and Og wants you to get Helga's Ring. It seems to me the only way to get Helga's Ring is to kill Ug (Helga's Ring is not in the chest). Therefore either Ug or Og (or both) must die leaving 1 quest abandoned. ...Right?

2. Also, I can't find Chief Kargath's lair around Cranyon Lake, where is it?

Rothgarr
12-31-2010, 10:34 AM
I think I screwed up big time! I already went to Drake's Island via Sunclaw, got the Drake Egg and the gem from the chest on the island. But I think I sold the gem when I was trying to buy all the mounts from the Horse guy in Callihiem!

I tried everything from abandoning "The Plan" quest to trying to buy it back from the horse guy, but I've offically lost the gemstone!

I'm screwed aren't I? Now I can't get into the temple and of course I don't have a backup save before I lost the gem.:mad:

Does anyone know what the name of the gem was?

If I recall correctly, it was a "seal" and not a gem? Either way, you can probably just go back to the island and get another one. You may just need to swim there (about a two minute swim). Just swim straight out into the water (use the dock as a guide). You'll soon see the island pop up on screen. You'll have to swim back, too.

Rothgarr
12-31-2010, 10:37 AM
1. Is it possible to complete quests from both Ug and Og or do you have to choose one over the other?

Ug wants you to kill Og and Og wants you to get Helga's Ring. It seems to me the only way to get Helga's Ring is to kill Ug (Helga's Ring is not in the chest). Therefore either Ug or Og (or both) must die leaving 1 quest abandoned. ...Right?

2. Also, I can't find Chief Kargath's lair around Cranyon Lake, where is it?

1. As far as I know, you can't do both Ug and Og quests.

2. If I recall correctly, you need to go all the way around the lake (it's a counter-clockwise walk/ride). Once you've gone all the way around the lake there's an entrance to the lair.

fish1717
12-31-2010, 10:44 AM
If I recall correctly, it was a "seal" and not a gem? Either way, you can probably just go back to the island and get another one. You may just need to swim there (about a two minute swim). Just swim straight out into the water (use the dock as a guide). You'll soon see the island pop up on screen. You'll have to swim back, too.

That's what I was hoping too, I have gone back to the island. No gem or seal in the chest!

I'm so screwed! 20+ hours down the drain!

undeadcow
12-31-2010, 10:51 AM
1. As far as I know, you can't do both Ug and Og quests.

2. If I recall correctly, you need to go all the way around the lake (it's a counter-clockwise walk/ride). Once you've gone all the way around the lake there's an entrance to the lair.

Thank you! Found Kargath's Lair, it was just tucked away to the side past Og.

Helga's Ring lets you fly?!? Amazing, who needs to jump when you can fly?

Edit: Now that my inventory is not full I can remove Helga's Ring, coolest item in the game so far...

Flypaperz
12-31-2010, 11:20 AM
I cannot find Icefang's egg in Shadowspire Mines. I went all through the mines and killed Ashmore, but I don't see the egg anywhere.

Edit -- Nevermind I found the answer on page 52 of this thread.

Rothgarr
12-31-2010, 11:24 AM
I cannot find Icefang's egg in Shadowspire Mines. I went all through the mines and killed Ashmore, but I don't see the egg anywhere.

It's in a chest behind where Ashmore was standing. To the left of the exit, I believe. it's a little dark and hidden in a small cutout but it should be there.

Rothgarr
12-31-2010, 11:27 AM
That's what I was hoping too, I have gone back to the island. No gem or seal in the chest!

That seems odd... you'd think it would respawn since it's needed to complete the main quest.

fish1717
12-31-2010, 11:31 AM
That seems odd... you'd think it would respawn since it's needed to complete the main quest.

Yeah really lame! Anyone have any ideas? perhaps start a new game and get the seal and put it in the bank? Does that carryover from game to game?

swishinj
12-31-2010, 12:32 PM
Ok I'm on the quest where you have to meet Gorlak at the Callehiem palace I got stuck at the door with lvl 100 lock. What to do? Thanks!

swishinj
12-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Ugh now I'm stuck a corner by the blade shop can't movr

Planetshooter
12-31-2010, 02:23 PM

Yes indeed, the "go anywhere, do anything" sandbox concept is potentially littered with hazards for the unwary gamer.

One little catch that you may wish to explore on a subsequent playthrough would be to abandon the first quest (that you get from Roderick in the initial cutscene), which is actually the very first quest of the main story. Abandon that quest and you can never, ever get it back again. Then play the game for as long as possible before realising that you haven't done any of the main story. Awesome!

Alternatively, admit to yourself that, even if you hadn't lost the seal, playing any videogame is arguably x number of hours "down the drain".

My own personal view - if you enjoyed those 20+ hours, you will probably enjoy another 20+ doing it all again slightly differently. I've "wasted" many thousands of hours on videogames, possibly whole years of my life spent pressing buttons and making virtual characters move around pointlessly - will my deeds in those games be remembered proudly after I am long gone? Nope. Big deal, it's fun.

fish1717
12-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Yes indeed, the "go anywhere, do anything" sandbox concept is potentially littered with hazards for the unwary gamer.

One little catch that you may wish to explore on a subsequent playthrough would be to abandon the first quest (that you get from Roderick in the initial cutscene), which is actually the very first quest of the main story. Abandon that quest and you can never, ever get it back again. Then play the game for as long as possible before realising that you haven't done any of the main story. Awesome!

Alternatively, admit to yourself that, even if you hadn't lost the seal, playing any videogame is arguably x number of hours "down the drain".

My own personal view - if you enjoyed those 20+ hours, you will probably enjoy another 20+ doing it all again slightly differently. I've "wasted" many thousands of hours on videogames, possibly whole years of my life spent pressing buttons and making virtual characters move around pointlessly - will my deeds in those games be remembered proudly after I am long gone? Nope. Big deal, it's fun.

Good point I have enjoyed it, just upsetting that I can't finish it.

But what are you going to do, it's been a while since I've invested this much time to any game yet alone an iPhone one. The last I can think of is Fallout 3.

I answered my own question regarding the bank, I just started a new character and ran from the beginning of the game to Callihiem :) to find the bank was empty :( So your vault is only dedicated to each playthrough.

Please help anyone have any suggestions for getting the seal to the Temple of Azra after losing it?

swishinj
12-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Is there's a full guide for this app? I've played many a rpg but never one this challenging. Barely have an idea what I'm supposed to do, and I've been playing all day!

gav625
12-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Did you get to the hallway yet with the swinging blades? If not, go back to the large room with what looks like a large alter. If you are facing the alter, turn right and go down that hallway. If recall correctly, before you get to the room at the end there should be another hallway that branches off to the left. that's where you want to go (if memory serves correctly).

follow this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tldqSVLJsg&feature=related

his 8 videos will guide you through over the first half of the game

swishinj
12-31-2010, 10:30 PM
follow this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tldqSVLJsg&feature=related

his 8 videos will guide you through over the first half of the game

Thanks! Good stuff.

Musclegiant
12-31-2010, 10:41 PM
I have two questions....number one...OMG WHERE IS THE DAMN SMUGGLERS HIDEOUT NORTH OF CALLAHEIM? I can NOT find it for the life of me. Follow what coast? There's two?! I don't even know if I'm in the right spot....help please. Second question..there are three different "guilds" you can join in the city...I completed one..can I join another upon completion?

Loganaustin
01-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Where do I go for the quest the plan.. It says to get that scepter thing and talk to that person. But the lady says I gotta convince sinclaw or something. Well I go to him and he's like I'm not talking to u what do I do. I went to to temple of azra it is locked
Actually I got past it but now I dont know where to get that potion thing for the dragon ?

undeadcow
01-01-2011, 02:40 AM
...Second question..there are three different "guilds" you can join in the city...I completed one..can I join another upon completion?

You can join all three guilds at the same time; I just did... although it does seem counter-intuitive.

crex
01-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Happy New Year TA!

Nikelo11
01-01-2011, 02:30 PM
It's in a chest behind where Ashmore was standing. To the left of the exit, I believe. it's a little dark and hidden in a small cutout but it should be there.

Guys i have a question regarding this. Ive looked everywhere the shadowspire area but all i can find is rocky areas with pond-like water holes.. I cant find ashmore at all? Also, on the map where it shows the "shadowspire" mines, i cant actually seem to get there.. There doesnt seem to be any way to get to the mines. I can get to shadowspire but have absolutely no idea how to find the ashmore dragon. I cant seem to get exactly on the shadowspire mine black dot on the map. Is there a secret passage way?

Loganaustin
01-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Ok so I am stuck where do I find the soothing balm for I will bring the balm

GodSon
01-02-2011, 02:12 AM
Ok so I am stuck where do I find the soothing balm for I will bring the balm

I'd also like to know. Can anyone assist this question?

Kunning
01-02-2011, 02:26 AM
I'd also like to know. Can anyone assist this question?

Talk to Vierne, the woman in Karn, to get the recipe. Then you should find the yuma seeds near the village of Karn (look for a light green plant - the yuma plant's the color is different from all the other dark green palm shrubs/weeds)

GodSon
01-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Talk to Vierne, the woman in Karn, to get the recipe. Then you should find the yuma seeds near the village of Karn (look for a light green plant - the yuma plant's the color is different from all the other dark green palm shrubs/weeds)

Thanks for the fast response Kunning. Most appreciated. ;)

Bethany
01-02-2011, 03:57 AM
I'm at level 24 and just dealt with the smugglers -- and finally found the alternate route to get the woman to Taryn Ridge! Thanks for the tip. :-)

I'm wondering where I can to learn more crafting recipes? Right now all I know is the dilute healing potion and two fish-based recipes.

Thanks!

SirSim
01-02-2011, 03:57 AM
Hi!
I have a big problem...
I've made the "Plan" quest (I needed to kill someone in the severs)

Then I've mad all the guild quests and now since a while I don't get new quests - even talking to every one in the world...
I got the quest "the border wars" but I can't find Captain Fargus eighter. Anyway this looks like a side quest - where is the main quest :)

Mindfield
01-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Hi!
I have a big problem...
I've made the "Plan" quest (I needed to kill someone in the severs)

Then I've mad all the guild quests and now since a while I don't get new quests - even talking to every one in the world...
I got the quest "the border wars" but I can't find Captain Fargus eighter. Anyway this looks like a side quest - where is the main quest :)

Captain Fargus is in Cold Sands Hold, in the square building right in the center. You have to enter from the north side of the building. It may not show the green arrow to enter if a guard is too close and the game targets him instead of the door, so just tap on the door to give it focus and you can enter and talk to the captain.

What quests are currently listed in your quest log?

SirSim
01-02-2011, 04:52 AM
Captain Fargus is in Cold Sands Hold, in the square building right in the center. You have to enter from the north side of the building. It may not show the green arrow to enter if a guard is too close and the game targets him instead of the door, so just tap on the door to give it focus and you can enter and talk to the captain.

What quests are currently listed in your quest log?

Ok but where is the building? Calheim? :)

about the quest - problem is NONE (besides the Captain Fargus)
as said the last was "the plan"

Planetshooter
01-02-2011, 06:32 AM
Ok but where is the building? Calheim? :)

about the quest - problem is NONE (besides the Captain Fargus)
as said the last was "the plan"

To get to Cold Sands Hold, leave Callaheim by the North gate and then go up the RIGHT side of the map to the north-east corner where you reach the gate to Cold Sands Hold. The keep is the building in the middle of the very small Cold Sands Hold zone. Go into it and take the RIGHT hand corridor to get to Fargus. There are no enemies in Cold Sands Hold, just a load of traders.

As for The Plan - Go to Callaheim West and find Darius in his house and talk to him. His house is marked on the map.

SirSim
01-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Ok thanks a lot guys! so the quest goes on... :)

Nikelo11
01-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Guys i have a question regarding this. Ive looked everywhere the shadowspire area but all i can find is rocky areas with pond-like water holes.. I cant find ashmore at all? Also, on the map where it shows the "shadowspire" mines, i cant actually seem to get there.. There doesnt seem to be any way to get to the mines. I can get to shadowspire but have absolutely no idea how to find the ashmore dragon. I cant seem to get exactly on the shadowspire mine black dot on the map. Is there a secret passage way?

Guys, could anyone help me on this please. Ive looked everywhere around shadowspire and cant find ashmore.
I know hes supposedto be in the mines but i cant get there.

Rothgarr
01-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Guys, could anyone help me on this please. Ive looked everywhere around shadowspire and cant find ashmore.
I know hes supposedto be in the mines but i cant get there.

The dot on the map is where the entrance To the mines is . But the path to get there is not. Walk past where the dot is... It's not too far. Walk around the dot so that you are hugging the mountain to your left. Keep looking around and you'll see a ramp to your left. (you'll have to fight at least one or two fire elementals on the way there past the dot) Walk up that ramp and the entrance is at the top of the ramp. (weird that the entrance to the mine is UP a hill).

Nikelo11
01-02-2011, 01:48 PM
The dot on the map is where the entrance To the mines is . But the path to get there is not. Walk past where the dot is... It's not too far. Walk around the dot so that you are hugging the mountain to your left. Keep looking around and you'll see a ramp to your left. (you'll have to fight at least one or two fire elementals on the way there past the dot) Walk up that ramp and the entrance is at the top of the ramp. (weird that the entrance to the mine is UP a hill).

Thanks. That helped. Iv now Found ashmore. Do i have to kill him to get icefang's egg?
I chose the mage and he's resisting all my fire based special powers (probably because hes a fire dragon) so its proving impossible to defeat him.

rhljk14
01-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Anyone know how to get in the Giant's Den in the Western Kingdom. Does anyone give you a quest related to the Giant's Den. I am level 50 so I am not worried about getting to a certain level.

Paradiso
01-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Anyone know how to get in the Giant's Den in the Western Kingdom. Does anyone give you a quest related to the Giant's Den. I am level 50 so I am not worried about getting to a certain level.

I can get in fine. You might have to stand back from the entrance some for it to trigger the button to go in.

Spiral75
01-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Ok im STUCK and need help! I am a level 38 warrior. The last quest I completed was Uthu's Fortress. Now the problem I having is WHERE do I get quests from here? I have tried Callaheim, Red Rock Bay, and Cold Sands Hold. But I cant find any quests!! Any ideas?

Rothgarr
01-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Ok im STUCK and need help! I am a level 38 warrior. The last quest I completed was Uthu's Fortress. Now the problem I having is WHERE do I get quests from here? I have tried Callaheim, Red Rock Bay, and Cold Sands Hold. But I cant find any quests!! Any ideas?

If you joined all three guilds and finished their quests, be sure to go back to West Calleheim and talk to Darius.

undeadcow
01-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Is there a way to get the Sisters of Night to not attack you? ...or are you suppose to just demolish them?

Also, Quentin will only reset your alignment once?

Thanks.

Spiral75
01-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Directions to Karn! OKAY I think im lost. I cant seem to find the Village of Karn. Ive been all over the great desert. I keep circling the mountains but im not sure im going in the right direction. Is there a trick to finding karn?

galoobethgames
01-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Directions to Karn! OKAY I think im lost. I cant seem to find the Village of Karn. Ive been all over the great desert. I keep circling the mountains but im not sure im going in the right direction. Is there a trick to finding karn?

Check your map for the cluster of Hut's, including Vierne's Hut. It is right on the coast, northeast from Cold Sands Hold.

Spiral75
01-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Nice thanks! Where do you get the "Soothing Balm"? The quest really doesnt tell you.

Mindfield
01-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Nice thanks! Where do you get the "Soothing Balm"? The quest really doesnt tell you.

Go back and talk to Vierne. She will give you the recipe. You can find the required yuma seeds on some green plants behind Karn.

Spiral75
01-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks Mindfield.......ONE more question. I flew to get my drake mount, then the big dragon flew me to the temple but its locked (100). My lock bash is only 75. I dont have the key to get in. Did I miss something?

Mindfield
01-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks Mindfield.......ONE more question. I flew to get my drake mount, then the big dragon flew me to the temple but its locked (100). My lock bash is only 75. I dont have the key to get in. Did I miss something?

Sunclaw locked the palace away from the public with a magic rune. IIRC you should have that rune (I think you get it from the drake nest on the island) that should unlock the door. Don't quite remember that part of the quest clearly but I think that's the case.

Spiral75
01-02-2011, 10:43 PM
I am stuck on the island near the drake nest. I had to go back because i forgot to get the temple key. The flying dragon dropped me off but never came back to get me!! Any clues? I wanted to ask before I tried to swim it

Paradiso
01-02-2011, 10:51 PM
I am stuck on the island near the drake nest. I had to go back because i forgot to get the temple key. The flying dragon dropped me off but never came back to get me!! Any clues? I wanted to ask before I tried to swim it

You can swim back

Spiral75
01-02-2011, 10:55 PM
If i swim back, how can i get to the temple? Doesnt the dragon guy have to fly me?

Alcadeias
01-02-2011, 11:42 PM
If i swim back, how can i get to the temple? Doesnt the dragon guy have to fly me?

Sunclaw returns to Drake Island a few moments after you get the Temple Key, and he'll drop you off at the entrance to the temple.

If you already have the key, you can just go to the entrance on foot; there's a path you can follow through the bridges.

Jdragoon19
01-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Does any1 know the whereabouts of where vanael the slicer is for the "kill vanael the slicer" quest?

pdxview
01-03-2011, 01:12 PM
I found Sunclaw's tooth and talked to him. He said that he needed the balm. I talked with Viene but she just says the same old thing - talk to Sunclaw - no receipe. Any ideas?

undeadcow
01-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Does any1 know the whereabouts of where vanael the slicer is for the "kill vanael the slicer" quest?

Vanael the Slicer hides in the outlands ("the great desert" map) just to the east/left after leaving the border tower (just opposite Sunclaw on the map). To get to the Great Desert from Callehiem (spelling?) exit north and immediately to top Northeastern corner of the Northern Calleheim mapmap. The cave is called "Smuggler's Cave." Within the cave it's circular and there is a bridge leading to a land island, swim off the island to some tourches on the other side where you will find Vanael the Slicer, who looks like a generic smuggler with a white suit. Hope that helps.

pdxview
01-03-2011, 01:53 PM
I have several quests that when i accept they don't show up on the list.

1. Luther to kill lord E (forget the name)
2. Orc Wars - I accept but it isn't in the list

Any ideas?

Osmiral
01-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I found Sunclaw's tooth and talked to him. He said that he needed the balm. I talked with Viene but she just says the same old thing - talk to Sunclaw - no receipe. Any ideas?

She should have given you the recipe, the problem is, is that it doesn't say that she gave you the recipe, just look in your create menu, the recipe should be there.

pdxview
01-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Ahh I see that I have a recipe for a quality healing potion. Is that it? I already have one in my inventory but I haven't made one.

pdxview
01-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Hi went and made the quality healing potion with the seeds. When I go to Sunclaw all he does is talk about needing the healing balm. How do I give it to him? I made it to here without help but now I'm really stuck.

Paradiso
01-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Hi went and made the quality healing potion with the seeds. When I go to Sunclaw all he does is talk about needing the healing balm. How do I give it to him? I made it to here without help but now I'm really stuck.

You have to craft the balm using the recipe from vierne. There's a crafting table in one of the huts

Jdragoon19
01-03-2011, 10:17 PM
I opened aralon up and pressed load game and tapped on my file but after it loaded, the screen was a faded black and I couldnt move or touch any of the buttons. Plus I couldnt see anything except for some buttons. Any1 have a solution? Ive alrdy tried restarting my itouch 3G but it still doesn't work! I've had no other problems with aralon before.

Mindfield
01-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Ahh I see that I have a recipe for a quality healing potion. Is that it? I already have one in my inventory but I haven't made one.

No, it would be referred to as a "healing balm." Make sure to use the next/previous page buttons if you have a lot of recipes. It may be hidden on the second page.

pdxview
01-03-2011, 11:40 PM
It isn't there. I seem to be having a problem. Three things so far don't show up

1. Accepting quest from Luther
2. Orc War quest
3. Healing Balm

Any ideas?

Mindfield
01-03-2011, 11:54 PM
It isn't there. I seem to be having a problem. Three things so far don't show up

1. Accepting quest from Luther
2. Orc War quest
3. Healing Balm

Any ideas?

Spoilers (highlight to read):

The Luther quest comes from the fighter's guild. You eventually get a quest to get a key to the mansion from Luther. When you talk to Luther he'll ask you to kill someone in town because he was double-crossed. When you go see this person and talk to him he'll tell you Luther's part of a criminal enterprise, and that he's the one you should kill. Depending on how you're playing, either kill the guy or Luther. Either way you'll get the key.

The healing balm quest comes from Darius. Going through the main quest, you'll eventually get a quest to see Vierne in Karn about how to get the Sceptre of Hamara. When you go to Karn, Vierne will tell you to see Sunclaw. Sunclaw will tell you he doesn't want to talk to you because he's in a foul mood of late. Go back to the beach area by the dock beside Karn. You'll find a drake carcass. Loot it. You'll find a tooth. Go back to Sunclaw. He'll talk to you and tell you he needs something to make his broken tooth feel better. Go back to Vierne. She will give you a healing balm recipe. Read the recipe, gather the ingredient, go back to an empty hut in Karn and craft the balm, then go back to Sunclaw.

The orc quest again comes from the fighter's guild -- it's the last fighter's guild quest, given to you by a member of the guild in Cold Sands Hold. You have to complete the other fighter's guild quests first.

pdxview
01-04-2011, 12:00 AM
I understand where the quests come from. (though i really appreciate all the help in case I didn't)
My problem is
1. Luther quest
After I accept quest from Luther I don't get the quest in my list and if I kill Lord T Luther asks if I want the quest - not recognizing I have already done it
2. Orc War quest
I accept this quest but it doesn't show up in my quest list and nothing special happens after i kill the orcs needed
3. Healing balm recipe
The healing balm recipe doesn't show up after I talk with Vierna after talking with Sunclaw about the need for healing balm

Can anyone help?

Mindfield
01-04-2011, 12:08 AM
I understand where the quests come from. (though i really appreciate all the help in case I didn't)
My problem is
1. Luther quest
After I accept quest from Luther I don't get the quest in my list and if I kill Lord T Luther asks if I want the quest - not recognizing I have already done it
2. Orc War quest
I accept this quest but it doesn't show up in my quest list and nothing special happens after i kill the orcs needed
3. Healing balm recipe
The healing balm recipe doesn't show up after I talk with Vierna after talking with Sunclaw about the need for healing balm

Can anyone help?

This sounds like it might be bugged then, possibly. The Orc war should show up after you talk to the guy in Cold Sands Hold once you've completed all other fighter's guild quests. The healing balm, I'm not sure if it shows up as a quest on its own, but Vierne should give you the recipe, and it should be in your inventory after that -- make sure you've paged down in your craft pane; the recipe could be hidden on the second page if you didn't realize there were more pages. With Luther, if he gives you the quest to talk to Lord Telamon, the Lord T should give you the Reversal of Fortune quest if you accept the quest to kill Luther instead of the other way round. If not, there's something bugged in the save file I suspect.

Rothgarr
01-04-2011, 08:04 AM
I've been really lucky and not experienced any bugs... but for safe measure I would cycle through all five game save slots. Every time I leveled up I would create a new save and overwrite the oldest save.

zwitek
01-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi there,
I noticed few people had problems with the scepter of hammara thing. Some of them were adviced to go to the Sunclaw dragon and speake with him. I tried both. Verne - she says that the entrance to the temple has been sealed with a powerful magic and I should speak with Sunclaw and convince her to unlock it. When I go to the Sunclaw the dragon syas that he doesn't want to speak with me as her temper is foul of late. Wtf should I do? Please help...

Paradiso
01-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi there,
I noticed few people had problems with the scepter of hammara thing. Some of them were adviced to go to the Sunclaw dragon and speake with him. I tried both. Verne - she says that the entrance to the temple has been sealed with a powerful magic and I should speak with Sunclaw and convince her to unlock it. When I go to the Sunclaw the dragon syas that he doesn't want to speak with me as her temper is foul of late. Wtf should I do? Please help...

There's a dead drake on the beach, get the tooth from it and visit sunclaw

zwitek
01-04-2011, 02:26 PM
There's a dead drake on the beach, get the tooth from it and visit sunclaw

Thanks

iVaro
01-04-2011, 05:25 PM
where can I find a superb healing potion for sunclaw??

undeadcow
01-04-2011, 05:40 PM

I THINK you can buy these at the border crossing settlement.

Spiral75
01-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Question.....im trying to find Castle Valemar. It says on the quest thats its on the west coast south of red rock nay. But red rock bay is on the east so im just confused as to how to get to this castle!

iVaro
01-04-2011, 06:06 PM
I THINK you can buy these at the border crossing settlement.

which is where?Near the mountain pass?

Mindfield
01-04-2011, 08:08 PM

Sunclaw doesn't need a superb healing potion. He needs a healing balm. You get a recipe for that from Vierne in Karn after you visit Sunclaw with the tooth.

iVaro
01-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Sunclaw doesn't need a superb healing potion. He needs a healing balm. You get a recipe for that from Vierne in Karn after you visit Sunclaw with the tooth.

Yes I know, a healing balm requires 3 yuma seeds and a superb healing potion, sorry if my wording was misleading

Edit: something I also find odd, I have a recipe for a superb restoration potion as well as a superb enery potion but no healing potion? Did I just happen to miss that one?:confused:

Alcadeias
01-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Yes I know, a healing balm requires 3 yuma seeds and a superb healing potion, sorry if my wording was misleading

Edit: something I also find odd, I have a recipe for a superb restoration potion as well as a superb enery potion but no healing potion? Did I just happen to miss that one?:confused:

The hut next to Vierne's; there's a merchant who sells a stack of 10. They're pretty expensive at 1.5k each so I suggest you just buy 1 instead of the whole stack.

I can never find recipes...where did you get those?

iVaro
01-04-2011, 09:18 PM
The hut next to Vierne's; there's a merchant who sells a stack of 10. They're pretty expensive at 1.5k each so I suggest you just buy 1 instead of the whole stack.

I can never find recipes...where did you get those?

Trust me, if I had remembered I would have went to see if another recipe was available ;) But thanks man!

Alcadeias
01-04-2011, 09:22 PM
By the way, has anyone experienced any problems in the area just outside Valemar's castle? I noticed that if I stray off the paved path leading to it (i.e. go on the grass), I fall into the ground and would have to swim back to the shore some distance away.

I'm talking about the area after the bridge when you're heading towards the castle.

Jdragoon19
01-04-2011, 11:05 PM
I opened aralon up and pressed load game and tapped on my file but after it loaded, the screen was a faded black and I couldnt move or touch any of the buttons. Plus I couldnt see anything except for some buttons. Any1 have a solution? Ive alrdy tried restarting my itouch 3G but it still doesn't work! I've had no other problems with aralon before.

So can anyone answer this?

galoobethgames
01-04-2011, 11:09 PM
So can anyone answer this?

What is the model of your 3rd gen iPod? 8GB? 16 GB? We are testing an update right now that will improve performance and stability on the 2nd gen and 3rd gen 8GB iPods.

Try turning off terrain detail and disabling background music, see if it loads successfully.

Jdragoon19
01-04-2011, 11:15 PM
What is the model of your 3rd gen iPod? 8GB? 16 GB? We are testing an update right now that will improve performance and stability on the 2nd gen and 3rd gen 8GB iPods.

Try turning off terrain detail and disabling background music, see if it loads successfully.

Thx for the quick reply :). I am using an iPod touch 3G 32 gb and I'll try turning those off.

Jdragoon19
01-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Thx for the quick reply :). I am using an iPod touch 3G 32 gb and I'll try turning those off.

Awww... It still doesn't work lol but thx for trying! I might have to wait for tht update.

rhljk14
01-04-2011, 11:34 PM
By the way, has anyone experienced any problems in the area just outside Valemar's castle? I noticed that if I stray off the paved path leading to it (i.e. go on the grass), I fall into the ground and would have to swim back to the shore some distance away.

I'm talking about the area after the bridge when you're heading towards the castle.

same thing happened to me.

LawLessLove
01-05-2011, 12:57 AM
What is the best class to make the game easier?

albifant
01-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Hi you guys,

I am stuck with no quest. I did all the quests the three guilds gave me. Although I remember one quest where I needed to go to the Cold Sands Keep and report to somebody for further quests. He didn't give me any.

So. Does anybody have a clue what I am missing?

Thanks,
Albifant

PS: Yeah, I hate those guys who register at a board and then ask questions that may have even been answered somewhere, sometime. Now I am that guy. Sorry :( I havent found anything (honest!) and I really want to get further in the game.

Rothgarr
01-05-2011, 07:38 AM
What is the best class to make the game easier?

Personally, I think Warrior is easiest to play.

Rothgarr
01-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Hi you guys,

I am stuck with no quest. I did all the quests the three guilds gave me. Although I remember one quest where I needed to go to the Cold Sands Keep and report to somebody for further quests. He didn't give me any.

So. Does anybody have a clue what I am missing?

Thanks,
Albifant

PS: Yeah, I hate those guys who register at a board and then ask questions that may have even been answered somewhere, sometime. Now I am that guy. Sorry :( I havent found anything (honest!) and I really want to get further in the game.

Check back to see if Darius has anything to offer (he's in West Callaheim, his house should be on the map)

albifant
01-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Check back to see if Darius has anything to offer (he's in West Callaheim, his house should be on the map)

Thanks, I completely forgot that guy!
No I have a quest and I am back on track.

Rothgarr
01-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks, I completely forgot that guy!
No I have a quest and I am back on track.

No problem! Happy to help. I think 1) Going back to Darius and 2) figuring out what to do with Sunclaw/Tooth/Balm/Temple Seal, and 3) Getting around the Temple are the ones that give people the most trouble.

Kai824
01-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi all,

It might be a pretty silly question, but when does the story ends?

I just killed Merificus or so, and I think the main story is complete, but I'm not sure.

Rothgarr
01-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi all,

It might be a pretty silly question, but when does the story ends?

I just killed Merificus or so, and I think the main story is complete, but I'm not sure.

It ends when: (highlight text to see it)

You've gone back to the grave behind your house and spoken with your father. You can also go back to the King's room and speak with Darius one last time but he just says "Hey, it's good that you got to speak with your Dad again" and that's it.

Since I ended as a level 48, I'm tempted to go back through every town and slay every NPC, Sunclaw, open all the chests that would have flagged me a criminal, etc.

undeadcow
01-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Since I ended as a level 48, I'm tempted to go back through every town and slay every NPC, Sunclaw, open all the chests that would have flagged me a criminal, etc.

Do it! Come back and let us know how the wholesale carnage goes.

One of my concerns is that if they do future expansions I might muck something up by inadvertendly killing a crucial character.

For example, slaughtering Gorakk (goblin in dead lands) because when I spoke with him he literally said nothing... hope it wasn't a bad idea (but it was fun).

gospel9
01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Concerning arrows... I bought all the arrow supplies from the NPCs in the Bows & Staves house, I was wondering if they will restock in the future? Or that's all that they carry?

Apologize if this has been asked before. Not going to read through 70 pages...

Planetshooter
01-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Concerning arrows... I bought all the arrow supplies from the NPCs in the Bows & Staves house, I was wondering if they will restock in the future? Or that's all that they carry?

Apologize if this has been asked before. Not going to read through 70 pages...

General opinion here is that they don't restock. Personal experience is the same.

gospel9
01-05-2011, 04:46 PM
General opinion here is that they don't restock. Personal experience is the same.

So how do we make more arrows in the game if we run out?

To be honest I am close to giving up Aralon right now. There are already some glaring issues I have with the game. The lack of a waypoint/gps system (common in open world console titles), graphical glitches everywhere when swimming, character auto dismount near objects, extremely tedious and long traveling distances, inability to mount inside towns, monster fighting glitches, etc. I can look pass these things because the game is otherwise very well done on the visuals and better than average combat. But if arrows can run out permanently, it makes me want to seriously question on the developer's decisions.

pdxview
01-05-2011, 08:38 PM
I have finished the main game line at level 50. I have one open quest, 3 sapphires (which I have). My only issue is where to go with them. I think I remember it was a tavern but I can't seem to find it. Help please!

undeadcow
01-05-2011, 09:05 PM
I have finished the main game line at level 50. I have one open quest, 3 sapphires (which I have). My only issue is where to go with them. I think I remember it was a tavern but I can't seem to find it. Help please!

Go to the bank in Calleheim (spelling?), except the NPC might attack you based on earlier game choices so there may be no way to complete. He'll attack if you killed Lord Tellehan (spelling?) in an quest from the Knights guild (when it came down to that Lord or other NPC Luther).

pdxview
01-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Perfect - now I can bask in a complete victory (except emeralds of course)

mmegley
01-06-2011, 02:26 AM
I have a lvl 18 rogue. I still have no option for training stealth. On a previous rogue I maxed out the thigh slash skill and it still did not show up. I was able to get stealth on a lvl 2 ranger though. What's up with this?

Edit: I now have the stealth. Apparently you need to max out the previous item on the skill tree AND have a min lvl. It would be nice if the lvl req was listed in the skill desc!

mmegley
01-06-2011, 02:33 AM
I went to the Thieve's Den with a lawful char. I was attacked. I then found Quentin and became neutral. The ruffians and apprentices no longer attack, but the folks in the Den still do. I then became an outlaw and upon visiting the Den was attacked. Is the thieves guild fully blocked off from me now because I didn't do things in the right order? If so, that is very restrictive since you have to stay lawful until you get to the sewers.

Edit: I started a second character and retried the Thieves Den. I'm not getting attacked. I assume because of the fact I went in as neutral. However, they still don't like me. How do I get activate side quests?

mmegley
01-06-2011, 02:36 AM
I can't figure out how to attack an NPC. Even after casting an attack spell and becoming an outlaw, all I get is the conversation option.

Edit: Okay, sometimes it works and I stay on neutral. Other times the NPC just won't initiate battle and I still get the outlaw rep. ????

mmegley
01-06-2011, 02:42 AM
I have A Deal Gone Sour and A Reversal of Fortune active. I have the option of killing Lord Telmin via conversation. I don't have the option with Largas. Is this a bug? (This is an example of my previous post about the NPC not letting me pick a fight. Largas won't initiate battle.)

Alcadeias
01-06-2011, 06:57 AM
I have A Deal Gone Sour and A Reversal of Fortune active. I have the option of killing Lord Telmin via conversation. I don't have the option with Largas. Is this a bug? (This is an example of my previous post about the NPC not letting me pick a fight. Largas won't initiate battle.)

It's not. You'll need to use an attack skill on the NPC to trigger aggression.

mmegley
01-06-2011, 10:48 AM
It's not. You'll need to use an attack skill on the NPC to trigger aggression.

I did. I used Thigh Cut against Largas. I got the warning about attacking a friendly. I changed to outlaw. But Largas never attacked. I only got the conversation icon.

Edit: I tried it again. It worked this time like a charm. Maybe it had something to do with the presence of guards or lack thereof? Or is it just buggy?

Alcadeias
01-06-2011, 02:30 PM
I did. I used Thigh Cut against Largas. I got the warning about attacking a friendly. I changed to outlaw. But Largas never attacked. I only got the conversation icon.

Edit: I tried it again. It worked this time like a charm. Maybe it had something to do with the presence of guards or lack thereof? Or is it just buggy?

I've never encountered that problem... Perhaps try restarting your iDevice?

Spiral75
01-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Question......im doing the quest "A Stolen Egg" but I cant figure out where ASHMORE is (it says somewhere in the Shadowspire Mines). Anyone know? Thanks!!

Paradiso
01-06-2011, 09:41 PM

You can only go outlaw if a guard or other lawful npc is near. Otherwise it'll just let you know your attacking a friendly, and you stay lawful. It's not a bug, it just depends on whose around you.

crex
01-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Next update is getting submitted soon.

iSwiss
01-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Hellio

I am at the beginning. Sufok gave me a horse.. But i cant find it.. Where is it?

Mindfield
01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Hellio

I am at the beginning. Sufok gave me a horse.. But i cant find it.. Where is it?

Look in your inventory for a deed to the horse. It looks like a piece of paper. Link it to an empty slot on your action bar. When you tap it from the action bar it will summon the horse. All mounts work this way (though the thing you need to link may not be a deed. Drakes, for example, are represented by an egg.)

xx72connor72xx
01-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Ok I need help, merificus is not turning into a demon when I click the scepter button. Please help!

mmegley
01-09-2011, 09:57 AM
You can only go outlaw if a guard or other lawful npc is near. Otherwise it'll just let you know your attacking a friendly, and you stay lawful. It's not a bug, it just depends on whose around you.

Okay, having a witness before changing your reputation makes sense. But that does not explain why I couldn't trigger the battle.

mmegley
01-09-2011, 10:05 AM
I went to the Thieve's Den with a lawful char. I was attacked. I then found Quentin and became neutral. The ruffians and apprentices no longer attack, but the folks in the Den still do. I then became an outlaw and upon visiting the Den was attacked. Is the thieves guild fully blocked off from me now because I didn't do things in the right order? If so, that is very restrictive since you have to stay lawful until you get to the sewers.

Edit: I started a second character and retried the Thieves Den. I'm not getting attacked. I assume because of the fact I went in as neutral. However, they still don't like me. How do I get activate side quests?

????

matrixhunter
01-09-2011, 10:31 AM
im proud to say that i did all the quests and beat the main storyline on my ipod touch 2nd gen except the glittering sappfire quest of course cause the guy keeps attacking me so i was wondering where do i get the terror bird mount?

commando101
01-09-2011, 10:45 AM
im proud to say that i did all the quests and beat the main storyline on my ipod touch 2nd gen except the glittering sappfire quest of course cause the guy keeps attacking me so i was wondering where do i get the terror bird mount?

Snowy outlands semi near Icefang's lair.

Harrybarry
01-09-2011, 03:52 PM
I was doing that quest where you need to speak to sunclaw and i accidently hit him now everytime i try to speak to him he kills me!! :( can anyone help pleasee thanks in advance

Mindfield
01-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I was doing that quest where you need to speak to sunclaw and i accidently hit him now everytime i try to speak to him he kills me!! :( can anyone help pleasee thanks in advance

If you didn't leave the cave after you hit him, reload the autosave; the game auto-saves every time you enter a structure. If you did leave the cave and have a save game from a little further back, use that one. If you don't have that -- well, this is a good reminder that you should. :)

Harrybarry
01-09-2011, 04:21 PM
thank you very much looks like ima have to start from level 11 greaattt and i had all good stuff lol

do you know how to get the wolf mount etc?

thanks again

Paradiso
01-09-2011, 08:11 PM
thank you very much looks like ima have to start from level 11 greaattt and i had all good stuff lol

do you know how to get the wolf mount etc?

thanks again

You get the wolf mount from the witches cove, the horses outside of callaheim, the drake from drake isle, and the terror bird from the outlands.

joen_kwon
01-10-2011, 02:23 AM
Does anyone know how to join the Thieves den? Someone asked the same question on page 13 but no one answered him/her :(
I attempted to join as neutral but every time I enter the den I am attacked.

mmegley
01-10-2011, 05:05 AM
Does anyone know how to join the Thieves den? Someone asked the same question on page 13 but no one answered him/her :(
I attempted to join as neutral but every time I enter the den I am attacked.

I've asked a couple times with no response. I have noticed that once any guild dislikes you there is no recovery. This seems on purpose.

If you don't trigger an attack, it appears you gain their trust by committing crimes. But I still haven't gotten any quests from them yet.

joen_kwon
01-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I've asked a couple times with no response. I have noticed that once any guild dislikes you there is no recovery. This seems on purpose.

If you don't trigger an attack, it appears you gain their trust by committing crimes. But I still haven't gotten any quests from them yet.
That sucks! I completed the first 3 guilds and then headed over to the thievs den and I was attacked on sight. I chose the rogue class, I should be granted access purely on that!
I'll try pick pocketing until I get caught and then enter the thieves den.

Celene
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm in the temple doing the Scepter of Hammara quest and I'm um... stuck waist deep in the top step to the first floor (the flight of stairs to the right). I'm playing on an iPad, shut down the game, did a hard shut down of the game and then the same for the iPad and when I go back to the game, I'm still trapped. Any ideas for how to get out would be most welcome.

mmegley
01-10-2011, 01:31 PM
That sucks! I completed the first 3 guilds and then headed over to the thievs den and I was attacked on sight. I chose the rogue class, I should be granted access purely on that!
I'll try pick pocketing until I get caught and then enter the thieves den.

I did the same thing with my rogue and tried the same thing you propose. It didn't work. There are early thread replies indicating that guild members don't change their mind once you pisd them off no matter you do ( except load a previous save). You got attacked cuz you were lawful when you entered. You have to have Quentin change you to neutral before entering. That attack lawful chars cuz they are outlaws. Just like lawful NPC attack you if you are an outlaw on sight. Most NPC will chill once you go back to neutral except guild members and the banker.

I started over with a Mage. I was able to enter on neutral without being attacked but they won't talk to me. I committed a crime and then they would trade with me, but still won't offer me to join up. I'm beginning to think they want this to be a secret since noone will answer our question.

Adeeb246
01-10-2011, 02:28 PM
im dont wanna go through all 70 pages but if someone could tell me what "Lock:10, Lock:20" etc. are that would be great! I cant open certain chests for some reason, but I need to in order to complete missions.

Sucker Punch
01-10-2011, 03:37 PM
The lock number is the quality of the lock. Rogues have a skill and mages have a spell to unlock 'em. Haven't tried other classes yet, and haven't gotten far enough to experience problems. I can unlock up to quality 75 , generally locks higher than that can't be picked for a reason thus far.

So does anyone know how to join the Thieve's Guild. Once Quentin changed my alinment to neutral I could talk to them, but can't do anything with them. A previous poster said becoming an outlaw lets you trade. How do you join up and get quests and whatnot?

Paradiso
01-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Concerning guilds, theres only one that won't take you back if you've gone outlaw. The other three should.

Paradiso
01-10-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm in the temple doing the Scepter of Hammara quest and I'm um... stuck waist deep in the top step to the first floor (the flight of stairs to the right). I'm playing on an iPad, shut down the game, did a hard shut down of the game and then the same for the iPad and when I go back to the game, I'm still trapped. Any ideas for how to get out would be most welcome.

That sounds like a bug to me. As of right now, try reloading your autosave, which should take you back to the temple entrance as long as you haven't started a different game.

If that doesn't work, wait till the update comes out, it includes a feature that'll get you out of situations like that.

Paradiso
01-10-2011, 04:32 PM
The lock number is the quality of the lock. Rogues have a skill and mages have a spell to unlock 'em. Haven't tried other classes yet, and haven't gotten far enough to experience problems. I can unlock up to quality 75 , generally locks higher than that can't be picked for a reason thus far.

So does anyone know how to join the Thieve's Guild. Once Quentin changed my alinment to neutral I could talk to them, but can't do anything with them. A previous poster said becoming an outlaw lets you trade. How do you join up and get quests and whatnot?

Locks higher than 75 can only be opened with a key. The first you encounter is probably Brunos Blades, which was opened in the latest update. Another is the temple entrance, and there are other doors throughout the game.

Adeeb246
01-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Locks higher than 75 can only be opened with a key. The first you encounter is probably Brunos Blades, which was opened in the latest update. Another is the temple entrance, and there are other doors throughout the game.

Basically my problem is that I cannot open the chest during the Emerald Brew mission. I opened it easily when i was a warrior, but now I think im a rogue. So what can I do?

Celene
01-10-2011, 05:38 PM
That sounds like a bug to me. As of right now, try reloading your autosave, which should take you back to the temple entrance as long as you haven't started a different game.

If that doesn't work, wait till the update comes out, it includes a feature that'll get you out of situations like that.
Thanks, Paradiso. I, by force of habit, saved right where I was before I quit out. Incredibly silly of me. And, dang! I wonder how long it is 'til the next update. I'm loving this game and don't want to wait too long. I'll have to find a good MUD to tide me over, I suppose.

commando101
01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Basically my problem is that I cannot open the chest during the Emerald Brew mission. I opened it easily when i was a warrior, but now I think im a rogue. So what can I do?

Where do you get this mission?

Mindfield
01-10-2011, 07:43 PM

Wait, what? Are you referring to the update that's already in progress or an update that already occurred? Because it's not open to me in my current game and there's no update in the App Store.

Do you have Helga's Ring? If so you can try levitating. Otherwise I'm not sure if there's a solution. Definitely sounds like a clipping bug.

Paradiso
01-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks, Paradiso. I, by force of habit, saved right where I was before I quit out. Incredibly silly of me. And, dang! I wonder how long it is 'til the next update. I'm loving this game and don't want to wait too long. I'll have to find a good MUD to tide me over, I suppose.

Not too long hopefully!

Were still testing it, but after that it's in Apples hands.

Helgas ring is a good suggestion, but many people miss it because it's not part of the main story. It could help if you have it, depending how far you fell in.

Paradiso
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Wait, what? Are you referring to the update that's already in progress or an update that already occurred? Because it's not open to me in my current game and there's no update in the App Store.

I guess I should rephrase. It was supposed to be opened in the current build you have, and it did for some people, but not others. The next update should fix it for everyone.

Things like that, the forges, and a few others are just dormant until the devs decide to implement them.

joen_kwon
01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
I did the same thing with my rogue and tried the same thing you propose. It didn't work. There are early thread replies indicating that guild members don't change their mind once you pisd them off no matter you do ( except load a previous save). You got attacked cuz you were lawful when you entered. You have to have Quentin change you to neutral before entering. That attack lawful chars cuz they are outlaws. Just like lawful NPC attack you if you are an outlaw on sight. Most NPC will chill once you go back to neutral except guild members and the banker.

I started over with a Mage. I was able to enter on neutral without being attacked but they won't talk to me. I committed a crime and then they would trade with me, but still won't offer me to join up. I'm beginning to think they want this to be a secret since noone will answer our question.
Ahh..I see. That's some bad coding where the variable change isn't reset upon changing your reputation. Hopefully that's fixed in the next update..
Thanks for the answer, I won't make that 'mistake' on my second run.

mmegley
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I guess I should rephrase. It was supposed to be opened in the current build you have, and it did for some people, but not others. The next update should fix it for everyone.

Things like that, the forges, and a few others are just dormant until the devs decide to implement them.

Is the thieves den one of those dormant things?

thethinice
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Yes, if Josh or galoobeth games could shine some light on this, we are all eagerly waiting for a new update, especially me because I can't progress with the main story because whenever I try to use the scepter of hammara on merificus he just attacks me!!

Mindfield
01-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Is the thieves den one of those dormant things?

The thieves guild is open. You just can't enter with a lawful alignment or you'll get attacked, even if you change it to neutral afterwards. If you get Quentin to change you to neutral before entering you'll be able to do the thieves guild quest. Unfortunately due to certain bugs, other people will end up attacking you that may hinder quests.

mmegley
01-10-2011, 09:28 PM
The thieves guild is open. You just can't enter with a lawful alignment or you'll get attacked, even if you change it to neutral afterwards. If you get Quentin to change you to neutral before entering you'll be able to do the thieves guild quest. Unfortunately due to certain bugs, other people will end up attacking you that may hinder quests.

Well apparently there is also a bug with being able to trigger the thieves den quests. I was neutral before going in, but they won't talk to me. They tell me they don't like me or that they don't talk to jr people.

brettanderson
01-10-2011, 09:54 PM
please ignore

Celene
01-10-2011, 10:30 PM
I did have Helga's ring, but I sold it. Dagnabbit. Hope this'll end up helping someone else should they encounter a similar problem. I'll just have to wait for the update. I did find a seemingly interesting MUD to bide my time whilst doing so.

Paradiso
01-10-2011, 10:34 PM
I did have Helga's ring, but I sold it. Dagnabbit. Hope this'll end up helping someone else should they encounter a similar problem. I'll just have to wait for the update. I did find a seemingly interesting MUD to bide my time whilst doing so.

The update will be a lot more stable. Less falling into nothing and more playing :)

brettanderson
01-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Does Ralina in West Calleheim ever play an important role in a quest? I am wondering because she is the only character in Calleheim who introduces herself.

joen_kwon
01-11-2011, 03:33 AM
Does Ralina in West Calleheim ever play an important role in a quest? I am wondering because she is the only character in Calleheim who introduces herself.
I haven't finished the main game yet, but I've done nearly all the side quests and she's never mentioned.

pidobeuliou
01-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Hello,

I'd like to craft in the Vieme's hut the Soothing Balm onto the worktable, but when I try to craft it the game indicates me that : "You are missing some ingredients" and the Balm stays in the table.

What does it mean ? What I have to do to craft this stuff ?

Thanks !

Mindfield
01-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Hello,

I'd like to craft in the Vieme's hut the Soothing Balm onto the worktable, but when I try to craft it the game indicates me that : "You are missing some ingredients" and the Balm stays in the table.

What does it mean ? What I have to do to craft this stuff ?

Thanks !

Read the recipe. It will tell you what ingredients you need. (3 Yuma seeds and a superb healing potion.)

Adeeb246
01-11-2011, 02:59 PM
If anyone could tell me how to open up Lock:10 or Lock:25 doors and chests that would be great! I dont understand the concept of it...