02-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Noticed this came out a couple days ago in the mac app store. I am surprised nobody posted it. Sorry i dont have the itunes link now. Has anyone tried it to see how it controls ect?
02-21-2011, 01:04 AM
02-21-2011, 04:38 AM
Does it have cross-platform online and/or local multiplayer?
02-21-2011, 12:14 PM
bought it last night. it is really awesome on the big screen. my only complaint is that they dont give you the option to remap the keyboard keys so you use the arrow keys for brake, gas and steering. it gets a bit tight but you get used to it. otherwise it feels like they tweaked the handling. i like it more than my ipad version. really good price also. i do hope they update it to modify the controls but that shouldnt prevent you from buying it.
02-24-2011, 06:43 PM
This is really interesting... is it the first time games from a mobile platform have been "up ported" to a computer?
And boy, this is a 100% straight port:
They didn't bother to increase any polygon count (some bits of scenery is really angular), they didn't increase any texture size (all of the trees as simply horrible and looks like they don't belong at all), they didn't bother to increase any draw distance (though scenery popup is rare, items and other cars pop all the time, and other cars do not have shadows), and they didn't bother to tweak any controls (I guess they weren't that great to begin with, but take the garage for example, which is bloody near unusable in its current state).
If anyone who buys this is expecting a console quality, or even indie quality title, forget it. This is a simple cash in from a budget company, and it shows.
The game is only good because of the good parts it steals from its "inspiration", ie. Burnout, Ridge Racer, Need For Speed and Out Run. If there is originality or playability in here, it's overshadowed by the terrible mess it concocted by throwing everything but the kitchen sink in there, seemingly without a plan.
Oh, and is it just me, or is the aspect ratio of the intro wrong? I've never seen a Lambo that narrow and tall...
EDIT: I just have to add some hilarious things...
* Whenever you jump and lift off from the ground, your shadow instantly disappears.
* It's near impossible to spin your car or any other cars, it's like they're all on rails (very obvious during the game modes where you are supposed to crash).
* Your car is so stable, that merely coming in contact with an opponent completely trashes them and that includes them hitting you (this makes the game mode where "all opponents are out to kill you" very, very boring).
* The AI is... weird... (in the game mode where they are supposed to aim for you, just getting close to them makes them fire their nitro boosts and try to escape... but I guess that's logical since your car destroys them by the merest touch).
* On the Havana track, the shadows of the cars are about four times the size of the actual car (you have to see it to understand what I mean, it's really rather funny, especially since other cars not in the race still don't have any shadows, and these huge shadows get darker in the shade... which again, you might not notice on a mobile device, but here it's blatantly obvious).
* In some places the arrow keys and enter works to control the UI, in some places it does not (and the mouse cursor is always visible, even if there is nothing to click).
03-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Graphics are a bit depressing for a Mac game..no?
The Mac GPUs can do wayyyyyyy better than that.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.