PDA

View Full Version : iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

retroman
12-09-2011, 04:21 AM
Yeah i was sad when i sold my own MAME cabinet, had a bartop one. Went to a retro show in England last month and saw an amazing mini bartop , was tempted but in the end went with the cheaper iCade as i had an iPad

My friend used to make them, some of those transparent buttons which light up were excellent.

Good to see the inside and its similar to other MAME cabinets, must be pretty easy to change the buttons, looking forward to seeing pics when you've done that

Yeah it should be handy enough to swap out the buttons as soon as I confirm the type they've used in it.
The easiest mod if you can call it that is to change the ball top on the joystick itself to another colour or even a different shape top.

Ddockery
12-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Temple Run has iCade controls now as well. I just tried it out and it works well.

SKELETOR68
12-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Oh ya, the wife got me an iCADE, any word on ZAXXON making the cut for the games?

sampdx
12-10-2011, 06:59 PM
It indeed does! Thanks for letting us know.

Wish you could activate the resurrection powerup with one of the buttons though.

But yay... no more tilting!

Carlos-Sz
12-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Temple Run has iCade controls now as well. I just tried it out and it works well.

I didn't know that, thanks.

And yes a resurrection button would be perfect.

sampdx
12-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I sent an email to the dev. Maybe if more people ask they'll add it.

Also I was wanting the sliding/jumping with the joystick to be optional because I notice that I'm sliding a lot by accident. :o

Anyway it's fun.

psj3809
12-11-2011, 05:41 AM
Is there even a Zaxxon game in the app store?

KrisjohnTwin
12-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Muffin Knight is free for a day. Great game.

darebear999
12-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi. I love the icade and have downloaded several of my favorite atari titles. I notice that both versions of asteroids are landscape and yet I always see pictures of asteroids in the icade ads in portrait with an overlay graphic that's missing from the one I got. Can anyone tell me what's up with that? Am I missing something, a setting perhaps?

goldenegg
12-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi. I love the icade and have downloaded several of my favorite atari titles. I notice that both versions of asteroids are landscape and yet I always see pictures of asteroids in the icade ads in portrait with an overlay graphic that's missing from the one I got. Can anyone tell me what's up with that? Am I missing something, a setting perhaps?

The picture on the box and ads is just that, a picture. Many images like that, showing a screenshot of a game being played on a device, are doctored.

SKELETOR68
12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Here is the link

http://www.ionaudio.com/products/icade-games

Is this true or just wishfull hoping? Can anybody confirm this game working on the iCade?

goldenegg
12-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Here is the link

http://www.ionaudio.com/products/icade-games

Is this true or just wishfull hoping? Can anybody confirm this game working on the iCade?

Yes, it works great. iCade support was added in the last update.

SKELETOR68
12-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Thank you and can not wait to play that, again thanks

TakenXXDeadly
12-12-2011, 02:27 PM

You need to click and change your playing style.

darebear999
12-12-2011, 03:27 PM
The picture on the box and ads is just that, a picture. Many images like that, showing a screenshot of a game being played on a device, are doctored.

Too bad. I kinda like the way it looks in portrait and with the overlay. It's still works great and is a lot of fun the way it is but perhaps atari will give us these options in future updates. It would be a nice touch, as many of the games that are in portrait (like missile command and centipede) are harder to control with a joystick because they were originally trackball games, whereas games like asteroids and gravitar are somewhat improved with a joystick because they were originally all button controlled.

darebear999
12-12-2011, 03:30 PM
You need to click and change your playing style.

click to change? could you elborate?

TakenXXDeadly
12-12-2011, 11:08 PM
click to change? could you elborate?

Controls > then select the game style.

darebear999
12-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Controls > then select the game style.

Thanks for the reminder. I remembered once I went there that I saw that when I first downloaded the app but was trying to find it under settings or options for some reason. I dunno why controls escaped me :confused: Anyway, I appreciate it but would still like to see some of the overlays available in future updates. Loving the arcade at home experience though! Excited to see support for pac-man and temple run recently too! They both rock with the icade!

Nudgenudge
12-13-2011, 04:04 AM
What's inside an Ion iCade?

Might be of interest to some people.
http://www.retrovia.ie/showthread.php/6177-What-s-inside-an-Ion-iCade

I'm modding my iCade at the moment with new buttons and a new joystick so I thought other people might be interested in what's actually inside the thing. Basically real arcade parts but of a lower quality than what's inside my real Japanese arcade machine.

It shouldn't be too difficult or expensive to really upgrade the parts on this thing to proper arcade standards.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3105/32631424.jpg (http://www.retrovia.ie/showthread.php/6177-What-s-inside-an-Ion-iCade)

More pics in the above link.

Mods please move or delete this post if its against the rules etc.

I made a post a while back (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1930383&postcount=9) on how I upgraded mine.
The important part is how to plug the Sanwa stick to the existing cables; it's a game changer (no more deadzone).

Also, Pac-Man updated for iCade? Sweet!
Now that Namco-Bandai added support for one of its games, I truly, truly hope that the future SoulCalibur port will have iCade controls.
I mean, that's an iCade-seller right there.

psj3809
12-13-2011, 04:18 AM
I wonder if theres lots of other games out there which have iCade control but dont really mention it too much (as you're not 'meant' to mention it on the app store description).

I mean Pacman really surprised me, didnt come out and say iCade controls. Just hope Namco do that to their others, eg Rally-X.

I've got a lot of apps on my ipod, might copy over lots of my universal ones to my ipad and do a quick test to see if any others might work which i dont know about

darebear999
12-13-2011, 04:21 AM
Phoenix is a game that has a nostalgic place in my heart that I would like to see available for icade. However, I believe I remember it being a Taito title and so I might be SOL there. Zaxxon would be cool too.

Menneisyys
12-13-2011, 04:30 AM
Phoenix is a game that has a nostalgic place in my heart that I would like to see available for icade. However, I believe I remember it being a Taito title and so I might be SOL there. Zaxxon would be cool too.

Zaxxon works just fine in the iOS version of MIME with iCade / iCP (I've tested).

I haven't tested the ZX Spectrum / C64 version; they might also work in their respective (hackable) emulator (Spectaculator / Commodore 64) with the controller.

darebear999
12-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Zaxxon works just fine in the iOS version of MIME with iCade / iCP (I've tested).

I haven't tested the ZX Spectrum / C64 version; they might also work in their respective (hackable) emulator (Spectaculator / Commodore 64) with the controller.

Does this require a jailbreak?

Menneisyys
12-13-2011, 05:23 AM
Does this require a jailbreak?

Nope, if you have a dev account.

darebear999
12-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Nope, if you have a dev account.

Can anyone get one? Is it easy to do? Any directions would be appreciated : >

darebear999
12-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Can anyone get one? Is it easy to do? Any directions would be appreciated : >

k, I figured out how to reg as a developer and have done so but would still like to know how to get the emulator running on my ipad.

Menneisyys
12-13-2011, 11:38 PM
k, I figured out how to reg as a developer and have done so but would still like to know how to get the emulator running on my ipad.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/5522-tutorial-compile-imame4all-for-xcode/

darebear999
12-14-2011, 03:55 AM
http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/5522-tutorial-compile-imame4all-for-xcode/

Thanks but it seems like a bit of a learning curve for me. I've never coded anything in my life, but I'm willing to read up to try to learn. I'm still on snow leopard so I downloaded version 3.2.6 of xcode. Will it work with this version?

darebear999
12-14-2011, 05:02 AM
Just wondering if there's a place to check out what might be one the horizon in terms of supported games?

darebear999
12-14-2011, 05:08 AM
Now that Namco has released an icade supported pac-man I think an ipad version of championship dx with icade support would be ideal. I'd love to be able to play that game with proper controls. Though it looked cool it was a total bust on my iphone because of the poor controls. Nothing more annoying than feeling like you've flipped the switch on a direction change only to get eaten by a ghost because your move didn't register properly. :(

jasonc22m
12-14-2011, 05:34 AM
I was doing a search on google and came across Zombie Diversion

V1.3 states support for Bluetooth controllers.

So I downloaded and tested with iCade and can confirm it works

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/zombie-diversion/id447007984?mt=8

Ddockery
12-14-2011, 07:43 AM
MagMaze is free now as well.

Uncade
12-14-2011, 12:51 PM
I just released an update to Haunted Hallway that includes iCade support. You can check it out here:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/haunted-hallway/id456061359?ls=1&mt=8

Menneisyys
12-15-2011, 06:22 AM
Giana Sisters HD is on sale for $1!!

Did anyone contact the dev ( support@badmonkee.de ) for iCade support?

RayZZoo
12-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Dynastunts will support iCade. Checks this video, it looks wonderfull :

YouTube: video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=pblBQ5qTb7I)

Ddockery
12-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Looks great. Will be picking that up for sure.

Adam Betts
12-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Cavorite 1.5 just came out as Universal app however I didn't see anything about iCade support. Is it in this update? It didn't seem to work for me.

Adam Betts
12-15-2011, 07:36 PM
By the way if you're curious, my ratings for most of the iCade-compatible iPad games:

http://cl.ly/3N3P2f100M0c2z0h2Z0d/o

I missed a couple of titles such as Sideways Racing, Temple Run, etc. Will give them a try next month.

xenoclone
12-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Cavorite 1.5 just came out as Universal app however I didn't see anything about iCade support. Is it in this update? It didn't seem to work for me.

It should be in there but it won't work with the menus. It will allow iCade controls for gameplay, however, in landscape mode. Make sure the iCade is sync'ed with the iPad before you start the game. :)

Adam Betts
12-15-2011, 08:03 PM
It should be in there but it won't work with the menus. It will allow iCade controls for gameplay, however, in landscape mode. Make sure the iCade is sync'ed with the iPad before you start the game. :)

Tried forcing quit Cavorite then ran again with iCade already on/synced however it still didn't recognize iCade :( All other titles worked fine.

xenoclone
12-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Tried forcing quit Cavorite then ran again with iCade already on/synced however it still didn't recognize iCade :( All other titles worked fine.

Hmm... very strange. I actually played through the entire game on my iCade before submitting!

Update: Well I'll be darned. My test version works. But the version I downloaded from the App Store does not! My apologies. I'll look into what's wrong.

psj3809
12-16-2011, 03:15 AM
I thought Battle Squadron was going to be iCade compatible ? Thought the recent update would have added that but doesnt seem to.

Make sure you email them at mp@cope-com.com to ask for iCade support

By the way i bought Haunted Hallways due to its recent icade support and its excellent. Before i thought it was just an endless runner due to seeing screenshots/video (dont like endless runners) but i was wrong, thats just one of the modes, the other mode is the standard Platform type game which is good (And seems to have mario sound effects)

Anyway glad I bought it, works very well with the icade

darebear999
12-16-2011, 03:41 AM
Anyone know what happened to the game Flashback? It seems to have been pulled for some reason.I was going to check it out but can't seem to access it anymore.

Menneisyys
12-16-2011, 03:59 AM
Anyone know what happened to the game Flashback? It seems to have been pulled for some reason.I was going to check it out but can't seem to access it anymore.

AppStore seems to be down - I haven't been able to log in for two hours either.

darebear999
12-16-2011, 07:16 AM
AppStore seems to be down - I haven't been able to log in for two hours either.

No, I don't think that's it, at least not from my end. I can find everything else but not the game flashback. It was there and now is not. Curious, no?

darebear999
12-16-2011, 07:20 AM
No, I don't think that's it, at least not from my end. I can find everything else but not the game flashback. It was there and now is not. Curious, no?

Also, when I search for it in itunes it says the title is not available.

blastemup
12-16-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm getting one I have seen them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and at Best Buy. Are there any pinball games that support ICade? I appreciate input to this thread from people who find more games that work with this controller. I already have a folder on my IPad with a bunch of games that I heard about here. I feel like a kid again waiting for Christmas. Thanks to everyone who takes time to inform us of new games found that work with this controller.

Menneisyys
12-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Also, when I search for it in itunes it says the title is not available.

Yup, removed. Hope it's just a sign of an update coming.

donkeyjumpN
12-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi there! Please add Donkey JumpN to the list of iCade/iControlPad compatible games with "LMFAO like characters"
It is available in the app store;
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/donkey-jump/id481382139?ls=1&mt=8

Cheers.
Shawn

slamraman
12-16-2011, 12:05 PM
...which seems to be Commodore 64 games works with iCade.
Love it. Can get Bruce Lee back now.

silentcorp
12-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Would anyone be interested in my findings on what emulators (jailbroken only) work with the iCade?

darebear999
12-16-2011, 11:34 PM
I was wondering if people want to weigh in about the favorite games from the Atari collection. I like Gravitar, Asteroids, Battlezone and Major Havoc best with the iCade. I think any game in the collection that used a trackball or paddle controller originally is not very good with a joystick, unfortunately. Makes me think they should've released this with only 4 buttons and a trackball on the other side instead. I would've paid a bit more for that version anyway. Since the Atari collection is comprised mostly of vector graphic arcade games in the same vein I would like to see iOS versions of both Star Wars and Star Trek vector graphic games. BTW, I know I can get them with imame but so far the methods for getting imame on my ipad are complex. I don't want to jailbreak and I don't have a developers license; though I do have an Apple deveoper account now. I understand it cost $99 to get the license and I already spent that on the iCade ; >

Menneisyys
12-17-2011, 03:57 AM
...which seems to be Commodore 64 games works with iCade.
Love it. Can get Bruce Lee back now.

BTW, you can also hack the old C64 emulator to get Bruce Lee back - see my last night's post at http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2050544&postcount=1442 ; also check out the feedback at http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=32539&page=145

psj3809
12-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Coming on the 20th.....

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=116575

We should all support it. Icade support from the first release! Game looks great

SKELETOR68
12-18-2011, 02:32 PM
I would love to see The Vectrex console emulator on the iCADE, not jail broken but a legit app to down load with the slides for the screens built into each game. I aways wanted one of them, but got the Atari 2600 just before I saw it, ( I just dated myself, LOL).

psj3809
12-18-2011, 02:37 PM
I would love to see The Vectrex console emulator on the iCADE, not jail broken but a legit app to down load with the slides for the screens built into each game. I aways wanted one of them, but got the Atari 2600 just before I saw it, ( I just dated myself, LOL).

Yep would love this, its annoying that being 'legal' means i cant play so many arcade games and others on my ipod. Would love a vectrex emulator on iOS, would be superb!

Menneisyys
12-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Coming on the 20th.....

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=116575

We should all support it. Icade support from the first release! Game looks great

Seems to be cool... will it be Universal? The demos / screenshots are all iPhone-only.

technicat
12-18-2011, 09:43 PM
HyperBowl now has iCade support:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hyperbowl/id344209253

Anyone know if it's now OK to mention iCade support in the App Store description? I've noticed a few apps do mention it, and Torpedo Run even has an "iCade" button.

KrisjohnTwin
12-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Hard Lines is currently free

darebear999
12-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Hard Lines is currently free

Wow! Great Tron-like light cycle game with some funny quotes from your rider and lots of variety of game play to choose from. It controls decently on the icade but every once in awhile I find myself inadvertently doubling back on myself and dying, where as that doesn't seem to happen with the swipe controls. Great to have the option though and I still am having a lot of fun playing it through the icade. It made it to my games folder :)

psj3809
12-20-2011, 04:00 AM
Well i bought Terra Noctis yesterday, great looking platformer, enjoying it so far. Said it was icade compatible so i've just copied it over and yep works like a treat.

For any iCade users i recommend getting this game, support the devs who give us iCade compatible games!

slamraman
12-20-2011, 05:37 AM
Well i bought Terra Noctis yesterday, great looking platformer, enjoying it so far. Said it was icade compatible so i've just copied it over and yep works like a treat.

For any iCade users i recommend getting this game, support the devs who give us iCade compatible games!

Great stuff - hope they do Another World now.
2 other games just released with iCade compatability are Quixotic and Influx. Just downloaded them but not tried yet.

psj3809
12-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Great stuff - hope they do Another World now.
2 other games just released with iCade compatability are Quixotic and Influx. Just downloaded them but not tried yet.

Thanks for letting me know, didnt know about those two, just checking these out in the app store now. Influx looks great, the other game looks like it could be an okay shoot em up

skeevs
12-20-2011, 11:31 PM

Buying it too because of iCade support!

SKELETOR68
12-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Holy Cow, just played Pac-Man with my christmas gift (got it a little early) and on the iCADE is so sweet, even my wife liked it also, I have on the Xbox360 but can not get in to playing as much, I hope Ms Pac-Man gets this support soon.

Psicom
12-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Imame is in the AppStore!!!!!! You can add zip files through iexplorer. Put files in doc folder! Gravity before it's gone. No jailbreak required!!

Psicom
12-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Follow this link. Doesn't show up in a search.

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=485639079&mt=8

darebear999
12-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Imame is in the AppStore!!!!!! You can add zip files through iexplorer. Put files in doc folder! Gravity before it's gone. No jailbreak required!!

Thank you! What a truly awesome xmas present! However, I tried to put some of my favs in the docs folder with iexplorer but still cannot see them when I open the app. Any suggestions?

darebear999
12-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Thank you! What a truly awesome xmas present! However, I tried to put some of my favs in the docs folder with iexplorer but still cannot see them when I open the app. Any suggestions?

Cuz the games included are pretty bad. I can't see using it unless I can load my own ROMs.

Psicom
12-21-2011, 08:19 PM
What I did was search google for the imame4all rom pack. Downloaded it and unpacked the roms into a folder. I then installed iexplorer. Plugged my iPad up and browsed to the imame folder. Under that there is a folder with the preinstalled roms in it. I took the roms that I had downloaded and put them in that same folder. After that I unplugged my iPad and started imame. Then I went into the options and at the bottom is a button to rescan for roms. Viola! All working like a champ. Especially when you enable icade under settings and fullscreen.

darebear999
12-21-2011, 08:46 PM
What I did was search google for the imame4all rom pack. Downloaded it and unpacked the roms into a folder. I then installed iexplorer. Plugged my iPad up and browsed to the imame folder. Under that there is a folder with the preinstalled roms in it. I took the roms that I had downloaded and put them in that same folder. After that I unplugged my iPad and started imame. Then I went into the options and at the bottom is a button to rescan for roms. Viola! All working like a champ. Especially when you enable icade under settings and fullscreen.

Thanks again! I got them to show up in the menu but loading them is another story. I loaded all the sample files (which seemed like full roms to me) but got error messages on all. Any idea on where I can find roms that will work with this? I have a huge collection already but they don't seem to be loading either. :(

Ooops! my bad! I missed the first bit about the imame4all rom pack. I'll give that a try and let you know. Thanks again!

darebear999
12-22-2011, 01:34 AM
After finally getting your instructions right I got it rocking! Most ROMs loaded, a few didn't (joust comes to mind) but overall a wonderful, icade supported experience on my ipad. 7 thumbs up! :D

slamraman
12-22-2011, 01:48 AM
After finally getting your instructions right I got it rocking! Most ROMs loaded, a few didn't (joust comes to mind) but overall a wonderful, icade supported experience on my ipad. 7 thumbs up! :D

Is Defender on there?

darebear999
12-22-2011, 02:05 AM
Is Defender on there?

Oh yeah! ;) In fact, most of your favs will be there and load, no problem. 1941 & 1942 wouldn't load but the jap version of 1943 would. Altered beast wouldn't load for me and several others but there's a lot to choose from in the rom packs that will load just fine.

psj3809
12-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Yep i'm just doing all of this morning, added a couple of games last night and i'm stunned how great it is ! Dont have to jailbreak my device either

Plus i've got an icade so i need to copy over the games to my ipad, good times indeed !!!!

slamraman
12-22-2011, 03:02 AM
Oh yeah! ;) In fact, most of your favs will be there and load, no problem. 1941 & 1942 wouldn't load but the jap version of 1943 would. Altered beast wouldn't load for me and several others but there's a lot to choose from in the rom packs that will load just fine.

flip - don't know if I'm allowed to swear properly on these forums. That's tomorrow set aside to work out how to use iExplorer. And Defender works with iCade? This could be Christmas sorted. Now how do I tell the wife and kids. Fantastic.

psj3809
12-22-2011, 04:11 AM
flip - don't know if I'm allowed to swear properly on these forums. That's tomorrow set aside to work out how to use iExplorer. And Defender works with iCade? This could be Christmas sorted. Now how do I tell the wife and kids. Fantastic.

I stayed up till 2am last night messing about with all the games etc. Just been playing so many great classics on my iCade, Scramble works so well and SOOOO many others. I actually like a lot of the early-mid 80's games, the filesizes are smaller as well

Just been playing Bomb Jack, Commando, Bomb Jack Twin, Space Harrier, Star Wars, Jackal, Paperboy, Mercs, Gryzor, R-Type, Nemesis and manyyyyy others. Superb night last night !! Loved it!

darebear999
12-22-2011, 04:16 AM

Defender works great with icade (I was just playing it and it's still a damned hard game), all the roms do, pretty much. It's an insanely great xmas gift! Thanks, Jim VanDeventer
© Nicola Salmoria and the MAME team! :D

darebear999
12-22-2011, 04:26 AM
I stayed up till 2am last night messing about with all the games etc. Just been playing so many great classics on my iCade, Scramble works so well and SOOOO many others. I actually like a lot of the early-mid 80's games, the filesizes are smaller as well

Just been playing Bomb Jack, Commando, Bomb Jack Twin, Space Harrier, Star Wars, Jackal, Paperboy, Mercs, Gryzor, R-Type, Nemesis and manyyyyy others. Superb night last night !! Loved it!

Scramble! I forgot about that one. Just installed it. Great game! I think there was another decent version of it called Cosmic Avenger but I haven't seen it in the rom packs...unless I overlooked it. So many great games to choose from:p

slamraman
12-22-2011, 04:32 AM
Scramble! I forgot about that one. Just installed it. Great game! I think there was another decent version of it called Cosmic Avenger but I haven't seen it in the rom packs...unless I overlooked it. So many great games to choose from:p

flip..........where do i get them roms - can i download on iPad or PC? Gauntlet, Defender, Scramble, Commando......can't wait but have no idea what to do. Is there an idiots guide. Even just where to get the ROMS for starters.

psj3809
12-22-2011, 05:02 AM

We wont be able to post rom links but come on do your homework ! If you read the comments under the main iMAME story it mentions...

This version of MAME runs version 0.37b5 roms so you have to find these (Surely you can use Google ??!?)

Heres a list of the games which are version 0.37b5....

http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/wiki/GameList

So use Google, find the right roms, use iExplorer, find the MAME directory and in the documents folder put in a game to test (the zip file, dont unzip it) and then start MAME up

But simply get a download of MAME version 0.37b5 . I did all this last night, again i cant post rom links as you cant on most legit forums. But simply use google to find them, or find a particular site, sign up for free and again download these games

Just been playing Gauntlet, Indiana Jones, Space Harrier, Bomb Jack, Commando, Ikari Warriors, Scramble, Vanguard and many others. Its a dream !!

slamraman
12-22-2011, 05:09 AM
Fantastic.....many thanks......can't wait to try it.
Space Harrier......magical.Sorry about my technical ineptitude. I'll try and work it all out now.
Thanks to all.

darebear999
12-22-2011, 05:41 AM
Can anyone recommend any good driving/racing games for mame?

psj3809
12-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Dont think theres many using that list of roms, Chase HQ isnt sadly on there.

Pole Position is a very old classic, if youre quite young and dont know about this game you might think its rubbish but when it was out it was brilliant !

Right found one - WEC Le Mans is pretty good, Roadblasters is a good 'Mad Max' type game, arcade racing plus you shoot.

Super Sprint/Bad Lands are top down racing games which were classics.

The ultimate is Out Run which works ! Now this was one of the best racing games in the 80's, superb game

But looking at the list theres not many great racing games.

(Sure you know but the 1941, 1942, 1943 series is a great set of shoot em ups)

psj3809
12-22-2011, 05:48 AM

The other great thing is i bet theres tons of games which are great but i dont know about or have japanese names. When i have time its great fun searching for screenshots on the net or youtube videos.

Eg Penguin Kun Wars is a funny 'sport' type game which is very addictive. I'm sure theres some more great games in that list, need to spend some time and find some gems.

darebear999
12-22-2011, 06:13 AM
Dont think theres many using that list of roms, Chase HQ isnt sadly on there.

Pole Position is a very old classic, if youre quite young and dont know about this game you might think its rubbish but when it was out it was brilliant !

Right found one - WEC Le Mans is pretty good, Roadblasters is a good 'Mad Max' type game, arcade racing plus you shoot.

Super Sprint/Bad Lands are top down racing games which were classics.

The ultimate is Out Run which works ! Now this was one of the best racing games in the 80's, superb game

But looking at the list theres not many great racing games.

(Sure you know but the 1941, 1942, 1943 series is a great set of shoot em ups)

Thanks for the recommends! I'm old school arcade myself ;) I have Out Run installed and tried to but couldn't get pole position running. Hopefully, I'll come across a version that works soon. I'll give the others a try though. Thanks again!

mommagamehouse
12-22-2011, 06:20 AM
I just ordered one.

psj3809
12-22-2011, 06:22 AM
I just ordered one.

Great decision !!! I'm amazed how well the iCade works with it, just loving it. It was good before but now the iCade is 100% better due to iMAME

slamraman
12-22-2011, 08:15 AM
.....just played Defender, Space Harrier, Commando, Burger Time and I can honestly say it's the best App I have ever played in my life.
Fan-flipping-tastic. Many thanks to everyone on the forum for bringing it to my attention.
Merry Christmas. It's worth buying an iCade for (I'll try with ICP tonight).

Vincenzo78140
12-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi guys,

We made a video for Pix'n Love Rush DX on iCade. It also features the new free game mode, ON/OFF. What scores can you achieve ?
Personally I did 854000.

c1-h_5XvO-M

ON/OFF mode is free for iPhone and iPhone/iPad versions.
The iCade version is available only for Pix'n Love Rush DX (iPhone/iPad). So now, the best and full version is Pix'n Love rush DX.

For those who haven't tried the game yet, we also released a lite version with 2 game modes, the ON/OFF and the CLASSIC one. Tell us what you think about it!

crunc
12-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Now that we have iMame, I finally bit on an iControlPad. Seems a lot more practical than the iCade, at least for me. Hopefully it works well with it and it works well with other iCade compatible games as well. Excited!

sampdx
12-22-2011, 10:16 AM
I have both and for the most part the iCade games do work pretty well. There are a couple games that have awkward controls on the iCP though. Like Arcade Jumper and Velocispider.

For example the shooting button for Velocispider is the start button. For Arcade Jumper the jump is the select and the shoot is the start (or maybe the other way around) and so it's super awkward. Muffin Knight is another one because the shoot button is the left back button. Hopefully Super Crate Box nails the shooting better for the iCP. :) I much prefer shooting/jumping being A, B, Y, or X.

Haven't tried iMame yet, so can't comment.

psj3809
12-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Yeah some games its not ideal, i spend the first 20 seconds finding out what button does what. On iMame its more obvoius as its the same as the on screen keys, the far right seem to be for shoot/jump.

Be great if they were consistent but i must admit i'm just loving any iCade game which i get (and thanks to devs such as Mr Pix n love rush !)

crunc
12-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Seems like games should let you remap the buttons however you want. That would solve weird mapping issues. I was hoping to be able to use it for Muffin Knight, so it's a bummer that doesn't map well.

sampdx
12-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Pix'n Love Rush DX works great on both. On-Off Rush is my favorite mode to play currently. Fun. :)

My best is 570,000 so far.

sampdx
12-22-2011, 10:43 AM
I would love if we could remap them!

silentcorp
12-22-2011, 04:19 PM
The following emulators work with the iCade on a jailbroken unit:

iMame4all
Snes9X Ex (v 1.4.8)
NES.emu (v1.4.8)
MD.emu (v1.4.8) (sega genesis emulator)
gpSphone (gba emulator)

The guy that does the Snes/NES/Genesis (md.emu) emulators charges for the latest version that supports the iCade but his emulators in my opinion are the best and are totally worth it. All of these can be found/purchased from the Cydia store.

Ddockery
12-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I need to jailbreak pronto.

TonyWatto
12-23-2011, 06:10 AM
The following emulators work with the iCade on a jailbroken unit:

iMame4all
Snes9X Ex (v 1.4.8)
NES.emu (v1.4.8)
MD.emu (v1.4.8) (sega genesis emulator)
gpSphone (gba emulator)

The guy that does the Snes/NES/Genesis (md.emu) emulators charges for the latest version that supports the iCade but his emulators in my opinion are the best and are totally worth it. All of these can be found/purchased from the Cydia store.
His TG16/PC Engine emulator is amazing, definitely a must have in my opinion, it's also iCade compatible, shootemups have never looked and played so well :o

silentcorp
12-23-2011, 09:29 AM
His TG16/PC Engine emulator is amazing, definitely a must have in my opinion, it's also iCade compatible, shootemups have never looked and played so well :o

Doh, totally forgot about that one! Never had one as a child, any games to try other than the Bonk series (the only thing I remember from that system.)

The one thing I wish he would add to his emu's is the ability to hold the joystick down on the game selection menus to have it continually move through the list. As it is picking games with the stick is an exercise in patience.

gingerling
12-23-2011, 10:52 AM
I've managed to get a lot of the games working that people are complaining about. For instance Pole Position and 1941 etc

TonyWatto
12-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Doh, totally forgot about that one! Never had one as a child, any games to try other than the Bonk series (the only thing I remember from that system.)

The one thing I wish he would add to his emu's is the ability to hold the joystick down on the game selection menus to have it continually move through the list. As it is picking games with the stick is an exercise in patience.
Oh my there's so many, hit this link http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487 to give you some ideas

nyarla
12-23-2011, 04:25 PM
The new version of Forget-Me-Not with iCade support is available, BTW! :)

MarkHerm
12-24-2011, 09:11 AM
I just went through all my games to try them on the iCade. While MAME obviously is fantastic I was extremely surprised by Silverfish MAX. It works like a dream with the iCade... and it is a fantastic game anyway.
App-Store Link (http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/silverfish-max/id450805794?mt=8)

Strongly recommended if it's not in your collection already.!

Headsoft
12-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Jungool 1.2 (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jungool/id401908261?mt=8&ls=1) recently added iCade support. Please add it to the list of supported games. Thanks!

TakenXXDeadly
12-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Is it possible to get Super smash brothers (used to play that when I was a kid) on the icade? If you can, then I am totally getting my iPad jailbroken.

KrisjohnTwin
12-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Is it possible to get Super smash brothers (used to play that when I was a kid) on the icade? If you can, then I am totally getting my iPad jailbroken.

The GameCube game? That you played when you were a kid?

Get off my damn lawn.

silentcorp
12-25-2011, 11:00 AM

Get off my damn lawn.

Hahaha, I know! I think he's talking about the N64 original though, but even that makes me feel old.

The N64 emulator isn't that stable, and can't play many games very well. It isn't iCade compatible either so to answer your question, no SSB won't work very well if at all on your iPad. It's better for retro systems such as NES, SNES, Master System, Genesis, GBA, GBC ect ect.

darebear999
12-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Follow this link. Doesn't show up in a search.

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=485639079&mt=8

Merry xmas, all...Wow! Did they pull this already?! I just tried the link and did a search...nothing :(

TakenXXDeadly
12-26-2011, 03:16 AM

Get off my damn lawn.

N64, actually.

KrisjohnTwin
12-26-2011, 04:18 AM
N64, actually.

That makes me feel much less ancient.

MarkHerm
12-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I love the iMAME which was available for a few days on the AppStore but I am unable to map any specific buttons with the icade. There is an options menu for this but it does not register the iCade buttons. Any hints?

KrisjohnTwin
12-27-2011, 03:05 PM
I love the iMAME which was available for a few days on the AppStore but I am unable to map any specific buttons with the icade. There is an options menu for this but it does not register the iCade buttons. Any hints?

Are you telling it to use all available buttons when you start the game, or leaving it on the default of two?

HeliApps
12-27-2011, 09:38 PM
iCade support ...

I am busy building iCade support into my game (An Alien Annihilation). What I am trying to decide is whether to make it part of my IAP. Looking for some feedback. Would you pay $1 for iCade support (as part of other features) ? Or would you download a free game (space shooter like Galaga) instabuy if you saw it was iCade compatible ? PM thoughts please.

Keyeszx
12-27-2011, 10:17 PM
iCade support ...

I am busy building iCade support into my game (An Alien Annihilation). What I am trying to decide is whether to make it part of my IAP. Looking for some feedback. Would you pay $1 for iCade support (as part of other features) ? Or would you download a free game (space shooter like Galaga) instabuy if you saw it was iCade compatible ? PM thoughts please.

What I would do is make it an update for the game. I think people are less likely to buy an IAP for icade support when they dished out $100 already for the iCade and then some depending on the game.

darebear999
12-27-2011, 10:42 PM
iCade support ...

Sure, if it was a cool enough game and the controls worked well I'd pay $1 for that; but I'd also download the free game too and check that out.

eddieg
12-27-2011, 11:14 PM
We wont be able to post rom links but come on do your homework ! If you read the comments under the main iMAME story it mentions...

This version of MAME runs version 0.37b5 roms so you have to find these (Surely you can use Google ??!?)

Heres a list of the games which are version 0.37b5....

So use Google, find the right roms, use iExplorer, find the MAME directory and in the documents folder put in a game to test (the zip file, dont unzip it) and then start MAME up

But simply get a download of MAME version 0.37b5 . I did all this last night, again i cant post rom links as you cant on most legit forums. But simply use google to find them, or find a particular site, sign up for free and again download these games

Just been playing Gauntlet, Indiana Jones, Space Harrier, Bomb Jack, Commando, Ikari Warriors, Scramble, Vanguard and many others. Its a dream !!

Wow...thanks so much for all the great info!
I would never have thought that I could be playing all my ol' favs from back in the day on my great new iCade, without even having to JB! It's great that they are full screen and you don't see the controls.
Love the test screens when they boot up & all!
Truly amazing to get to play all these great games again!
Damn I love technology! :D

uczmeg
12-28-2011, 05:00 AM
iCade support ...

It would be weird to buy it as an IAP (would Apple even allow you to advertise that?) but i'm buying most games which do have iCade support, so would generally be happy to pay for a game with it.

drexel68
12-28-2011, 10:39 AM
hi darebear, can you tell me how you managed to play Defender ? i am not able to add credits... tx , drex

drexel68
12-28-2011, 10:42 AM
hi darebear, can you tell me how you managed to play Defender ? i am not able to add credits... tx , drex

Defender works great with icade (I was just playing it and it's still a damned hard game), all the roms do, pretty much. It's an insanely great xmas gift! Thanks, Jim VanDeventer
© Nicola Salmoria and the MAME team! :D

Brokendemo
12-28-2011, 03:35 PM
iCade support ...

I guess if the game itself were free and the iCade support was an add-on, I would be cool with that. No way I would pay for an app and then ALSO pay for iCade compatibility. I'm like everyone else that is buying up almost every iCade game that comes out, but some of them are kind of dumb. It would be nice to try a game out even without iCade controls and then only pay to add them if I like the game. But again, I wouldn't pay twice. Almost out of principle, in fact.

darebear999
12-28-2011, 05:44 PM

I just press the coin button and then 1 player start which on my icade is the top right red button and the black one next to it, respectably. Stargate was the sequel to Defender and is pretty similar if you can't get Defender going. Hope that helps.

killsage
12-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Hey guys, Was hoping that you could consider adding our new game
iNFLUX to the iCade supported games list.

iCade Gameplay
JDo7ccgPfkM&list=UUfK3HMD2UQfq4kYZymE9T8w&index=2&feature=plcp

App Store link
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/influx/id489264790?mt=8

There is another touch arcade post with screenshots and more details here
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=118338

darebear999
12-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Hey y'all! Hope everybody is having a good holiday season. I thought I'd give my list of roms I'm still looking for working copies of for imame. Perhaps some of these aren't available or working yet but any info would be appreciated. Here they are:

computer space
pong
jaws
death race
bomber
secret base
geebee
jungle king or hunt
rally x
radarscope
bosconian
moto cross
fonz
beamrider
beiga's battle
astron belt
dragon's lair
space ace
firefox
nba jam
nfl blitz
cruisin usa
jurassic park
area 51
house of dead
ridge racer
san francisco rush

psj3809
12-29-2011, 02:30 AM
It ONLY works with one romset which someone has already posted all the games which can work....

If a games not on there it won't work so forget Dragons lair etc

darebear999
12-29-2011, 04:16 AM
It ONLY works with one romset which someone has already posted all the games which can work....

If a games not on there it won't work so forget Dragons lair etc

Bummer...well, if anyone can help me out with any of the others please let me know.

psj3809
12-29-2011, 05:48 AM
Bummer...well, if anyone can help me out with any of the others please let me know.

Well they're out there, i cant post links or PM you but if you simply search for the correct rom set on Google you'll find them.

Habakuk
12-29-2011, 06:55 AM
My iCade arrived this very minute! Pretty huge package.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2104/icadeipadiphone3gtoucha.jpg

I see. It seems that there is something to do first:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5482/icadegeradeausgepackt.jpg

Putting the parts together was EASY. The illustrated instructions on a large sheet are fine. I needed for unpacking, assembling (and bringing the package garbage to the recycle bin) 15 minutes. All tools (an Allen key) are shipped with the device. Sort of an "mini IKEA feeling" but all parts were complete. The whole thing is pretty heavy and stable.

You have to switch to US keyboard layout what's a bit annoying (as long as you are not US citizen) each time you want to use iCade. But all the bluetooth pairing worked well and quick here with iPad 2. The instructions are clearly translated into German and other languages.

Annoying is as well that you haven't access to the "normal" standard virtual keyboard any more when Bluetooth/iCade pairing is running. I am used to search my games and apps by name (with the iPad's search page left from the main springboard)—but without a keyboard this is a challenge. So: Activating iCade for iPad and launching/configuring a game/emulator needs one or two minutes but works rock stable.

Downloaded the 130 MB complete package of Atari games (needed 30 min what's unusual long for App Store) and tried a bit. Okay when you are used to the hyper sensitive virtual touchscreen controls since some years in gaming you'll have to learn again how to press real (and pretty sturdy) knobs and control a digital 8-way joystick (timed movement). Call it something like an additional challenge in the games. But I am getting better each try. The retro feeling is perfect and seems to be historically/technically correct (so you can use the iCade as some kind of accurate computer museum).

I have no direct comparison with the real ancient hardware consoles where the retro software run (except pinballs and the Marble Madness machine with trackballs—both control systems not natively supported by iCade). Don't know why exactly but I never played joystick games in arcade halls. So it's something like a new experience for me.

Tried some iMAME games and "Super Mega Worm". Works fine with iCade technically. Maybe there are some games where the real joystick works actually better than the virtual controls. I am not 100 % sure… "Mega Worm" could be a candidate. Please don't forget: I've got THAT used to the touchscreen.

Altogether it's great! Didn't even know before that it supports landscape orientation of the iPad. The iPad 2 is not mounted in any way—it just lays with it's weight in some kind of a frame. In landscape orientation there is a special indent/groove above the knobs where the iPad rests. As long as you don't move the iCade (okay—as said before—it's heavy enough) there is no danger that the iPad falls out of the iCade.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5288/icadeipad2.jpg

Landscape:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7485/icadeipad22.jpg

Nice detail. Coin slot is lit:

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8245/icadecoinslot.jpg

Photographs made with iPhone 4. Images showing apps Atari Super Breakout and Liberator.

Hammer09
12-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Speaking of this great controller ( currently £39.99 at PC World in the UK ), here is another picture of it and what is it running...

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3043/spectaculator.jpg

This is the excellent Spectrum Emulator ( Spectaculator ) that has the option to use iCade controls and works perfectly.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/spectaculator-zx-spectrum/id421662150?mt=8

darebear999
12-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Well they're out there, i cant post links or PM you but if you simply search for the correct rom set on Google you'll find them.

I've already downloaded that rom set and these are either the ones that wouldn't work for me or that I couldn't find there. It's more of a wish list than anything but thanks, any help appreciated.

KrisjohnTwin
12-29-2011, 04:39 PM
There is a Dragon's Lair in the app store. You would do better to send an email to EA asking them to support the iCade than using MAME to pirate it. Space Ace too.

If I had any space on my iPad I'd grab Dragon's Lair for 99c right now and fire off an email to EA myself. Not that I was ever any good at it...

Hey y'all! Hope everybody is having a good holiday season. I thought I'd give my list of roms I'm still looking for working copies of for imame. Perhaps some of these aren't available or working yet but any info would be appreciated. Here they are:

computer space
pong
jaws
death race
bomber
secret base
geebee
jungle king or hunt
rally x
radarscope
bosconian
moto cross
fonz
beamrider
beiga's battle
astron belt
dragon's lair
space ace
firefox
nba jam
nfl blitz
cruisin usa
jurassic park
area 51
house of dead
ridge racer
san francisco rush

Habakuk
12-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Which of those ZX Spectrum emulators is better? Both supporting iCade…

Spectaculator, ZX Spectrum Emulator
http://appshopper.com/games/spectaculator

ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection HD
http://appshopper.com/games/zx-spectrum-elite-collection-hd

KrisjohnTwin
12-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Is anyone else finding that they greatly prefer to play portrait mode games with their iPad in their iCade? I always cable mine up for charging and sync when I use my iCade, so rotating it is a bit of a pain. I wish all the iCade-compatible games ran in portrait mode, particularly Muffin Knight.

TakenXXDeadly
12-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Is anyone else finding that they greatly prefer to play portrait mode games with their iPad in their iCade? I always cable mine up for charging and sync when I use my iCade, so rotating it is a bit of a pain. I wish all the iCade-compatible games ran in portrait mode, particularly Muffin Knight.

Yes. It's a lot better in my opinion. But some games can't be played in portrait (for example sideways racing, and muffin knight). It is possible to put those in portrait, but it wouldn't look too good.

SKELETOR68
12-29-2011, 05:41 PM
I use the iCade too much myself, but I made two seperate icons for the Landscape and portrait, but I do wish they would put the side grafix of the games running in Landscape.

darebear999
12-29-2011, 07:12 PM
There is a Dragon's Lair in the app store. You would do better to send an email to EA asking them to support the iCade than using MAME to pirate it. Space Ace too.

If I had any space on my iPad I'd grab Dragon's Lair for 99c right now and fire off an email to EA myself. Not that I was ever any good at it...

Pirating? Who said anything about pirating? I just wanna play games on my icade. BTW, I already have that app and find it controls poorly. I'd like to try it in imame, if that's ever possible. However, I'm quite happy with the amount of roms that are available for it. Like I said, it's just a wishlist. Perhaps there are others who would also like to see some of the games on my list become available.

Habakuk
12-29-2011, 07:36 PM
This is the excellent Spectrum Emulator ( Spectaculator ) that has the option to use iCade controls and works perfectly.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/spectaculator-zx-spectrum/id421662150?mt=8

Bought it but couldn't find an option "iCade". There are some "arcade controllers" to choose from (in the iPad's main settings - Spectaculator—a bit strange as well) but they ("Kempston" and "Cursor AGF or Protek") don't work with iCade. I know the app description says "iCade supported" but I couldn't get it to work. iCade is not mentioned in the help file.

slewis7
12-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I just got an iCade at Bed Bath & Beyond at the clearance price. They even accepted my 20% off coupon, so it was quite a bargain. What a great product, with solid construction it is and I hope it works well with the upcoming iPad model.

It makes a huge difference in some games. I have about a dozen compatible games already and I have tried all of them.

I expect I will be buying some games now just because they support it. I would love to hear people's favorite iCade compatible games where the joystick controls add the most value and fun.

The only one of my existing compatible game I had an issue with was Warblade HD. The iCade does nothing there for me and I have no idea why. I have posted a query in the Warblade HD thread, but perhaps someone here can help as well.

One of my favorite games supports it but is not listed at the top of this thread:

MagMaze

MagMaze is a great game, but I prefer the using the touch screen swipe controls instead of using iCade for it.

Spamcan
12-29-2011, 11:40 PM
I also purchased an iCade at BB&B today and for some reason I can't get it to work with Hypership Out of Control or The Blocks Cometh though they're listed as compatible on the first post. Any suggestions?

psj3809
12-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Bought it but couldn't find an option "iCade". There are some "arcade controllers" to choose from (in the iPad's main settings - Spectaculator—a bit strange as well) but they ("Kempston" and "Cursor AGF or Protek") don't work with iCade. I know the app description says "iCade supported" but I couldn't get it to work. iCade is not mentioned in the help file.

Games or app descriptions are not meant to mention the icade due to Apple being strict

On Spectaculator haven't you looked at the Help guide which mentions Arcade controller support and how to activate it? (obviously the icade)

SuperWeird
12-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Does AirAttack HD actually work with the iCade? Not having any luck.

No luck with Pac-Man either.

Habakuk
12-30-2011, 03:47 AM
Games or app descriptions are not meant to mention the icade due to Apple being strict

Sorry, psj. I heard that before but it seems that the opposite is true. In the App Store description (and ONLY in this description) of Spectaculator is mentioned:

Play using an external arcade controller (iCade or iControlPad)

http://appshopper.com/games/spectaculator

BUT iCade is NOT mentioned in ANY other place of the app itself (options, help file) or @ their website. (Or maybe it's me who couldn't find it.) Perhaps they've uploaded the wrong app version to App Store?

On Spectaculator haven't you looked at the Help guide which mentions Arcade controller support and how to activate it? (obviously the icade)

Yes I did that of course. Actually it was the first thing I did (iPad 1 + iPad 2). Obviously they've forgotten iCade. As said before:

I have the options "Kempston" and "Cursor AGF or Protek" (and "Sinclair Interface II" what is the emulator's virtual keyboard/joystick/buttons; but NO "iCade") in the main options (iPad settings - Spectaculator - "Use Arcade Controller" - "Default Joystick") and in most of the game's options (launch specific game within Spectaculator, then "Fast load" and enter game-specific control selection) BUT NONE of them work with iCade.

Well some of the iCade's buttons are (mostly only ONE of them is) doing something but not the wanted or expected function (freezes game, switches to game's menu)—but it's a proof at least that the bluetooth pairing works technically. "Sinclair Interface II" (touchscreen controls, virtual joystick/buttons) setting works pretty good anyway.

Maybe I missed something because I saw your screenshot (EDIT: sorry—it was not your's but tA user Hammer09's (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2070878&postcount=626)) and obviously you (he/she) got it to work with iCade. What combination of "main settings" and "game-specific settings" for the controls are you using? Which version of the app are you using? Thx in advance, tA users psj3809(?!) and Hammer09.

Screenshot/iPad 2: Shouldn't there be an "iCade" option?

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7316/spectaculatormainoption.png

Brokendemo
12-30-2011, 06:39 AM
I also purchased an iCade at BB&B today and for some reason I can't get it to work with Hypership Out of Control or The Blocks Cometh though they're listed as compatible on the first post. Any suggestions?

Not sure how close you read the post, but those two are just confirmed to eventually support the iCade. One of the big things this thread has become is a place where iCade users post about developers that have said they are going to implement iCade controls in the future, usually in the forums or on twitter. So the second batch of games on the list is stuff that may be out, but does not have iCade controls yet and will hopefully soon. I can't wait for "the blocks cometh", it looks totally fun.

KrisjohnTwin
12-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Yes. It's a lot better in my opinion. But some games can't be played in portrait (for example sideways racing, and muffin knight). It is possible to put those in portrait, but it wouldn't look too good.

Muffin Knight already has playfields wider and taller than the screen in landscape mode, it shouldn't be hard to code a scrolling portrait mode.

Hammer09
12-30-2011, 09:41 AM

Hi!

The options for iCade are in the general settings of the up under the main iPad settings options but your screen is looking a little different from mine.

Going to uninstall and put back again to check.

EDIT - Just reinstalled it...

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4180/img0736x.png

psj3809
12-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Can't be the latest version as mine shows the option for arcade controls also there. Worth checking updates or delete and re-install

SKELETOR68
12-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Hello SUPERWEIRD I know the PAC-MAN works, use the SWIPE setting after your iCADE is connected. PAC-MAN ver 2.4.0.

Spamcan
12-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Not sure how close you read the post, but those two are just confirmed to eventually support the iCade. One of the big things this thread has become is a place where iCade users post about developers that have said they are going to implement iCade controls in the future, usually in the forums or on twitter. So the second batch of games on the list is stuff that may be out, but does not have iCade controls yet and will hopefully soon. I can't wait for "the blocks cometh", it looks totally fun.

That makes sense, I was confused because Pix N Love and Forget-Me-Not both work with the iCade already.

Adam Betts
12-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Preview of my mini personal project for iCade companion iPhone app (for viewing each iCade game's button mapping):

http://www.artofadambetts.com/images/iCadeCompanionApp.jpg

It's all static images right now. I don't have a programmer and/or sponsor yet.

KrisjohnTwin
12-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Match Panic is currently discounted.

So is Silverfish, but not (yet?) the iPad version...

TakenXXDeadly
12-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Preview of my mini personal project for iCade companion iPhone app (for viewing each iCade game's button mapping):

http://www.artofadambetts.com/images/iCadeCompanionApp.jpg

It's all static images right now. I don't have a programmer and/or sponsor yet.

That looks stunning!

ChaoticBox
12-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Match Panic is currently discounted.

So is Silverfish, but not (yet?) the iPad version...

Yeah - I nearly forgot I was taking part in this year's blowout: http://www.newyearappblowout.com/ (officially starts on the 31st)

Silverfish MAX isn't included in this sale. I went a little nuts with the sales over November/December and they really do nothing for my bottom line so this'll be the last one for a while.

chutch15
12-30-2011, 05:09 PM
I was able to get iMAME before the App Store pulled it, and I got and iCade for Christmas. It's a lot of fun, for sure, but I have a major question...

Using the iCade with iMAME, how to you play a two-player game? For example, I can only get a one-player game to start in Galaga. How do I play two players?!

Thanks.

Madgarden
12-31-2011, 10:13 AM
Woo, I just submitted a Saucelifter update with iCade support last night: 307876918

First update on that puppy in a while.

KrisjohnTwin
12-31-2011, 04:17 PM
I was Googling for iCade support and found these. Please excuse the lack of links, but Google insists on using that outgoing link crap that makes it hard to copy the real iTunes URL before the iPhone loads the app store.

Influx
Emlyn Hughes International Soccer
Terra Noctis is in the store...
Rock Crush
Jungool
Quixotic
Something called Donkey Jump, maybe. My App Store app crashed and I wanted to post this before my browser app got shut down to free up some RAM.
Some of these sound familiar, but I just checked them against the list at the beginning of the thread.

chutch15
12-31-2011, 05:09 PM
I figured out the two-player thing.

You have to activate it with the iPad as the iCade is not mapped to do it. Start a game making sure you have at least a 4-way joystick as you will need to use the UP position of the iMAME controls. After starting a game, touch the screen and tap "Option" at the top right then "Options" on the popup menu. The iPad will let go of the Bluetooth. When it does, just tap "Ok" to go back to the game. You will see the iMAME controls at the bottom of the screen. Tap "Coin" twice (so you have at least two credits) then hold the D-pad UP and tap "Start." Then quickly hit the iCade joystick to re-establish the Bluetooth connectivity to the iPad. Most games have a small intro so you have time for the Bluetooth to engage.

Now, if anyone can find a version of Xevious that works on the iCade, I will be forever grateful.

minmao
12-31-2011, 06:15 PM
I only got an itouch instead of the Ipad.
I tried a few games, and No gravity works fine. However, I could not get the Atari greatest hits work with the icade.
Is the Icade support of the Atari hits Ipad only?

darebear999
12-31-2011, 07:39 PM

You have to activate it with the iPad as the iCade is not mapped to do it. Start a game making sure you have at least a 4-way joystick as you will need to use the UP position of the iMAME controls. After starting a game, touch the screen and tap "Option" at the top right then "Options" on the popup menu. The iPad will let go of the Bluetooth. When it does, just tap "Ok" to go back to the game. You will see the iMAME controls at the bottom of the screen. Tap "Coin" twice (so you have at least two credits) then hold the D-pad UP and tap "Start." Then quickly hit the iCade joystick to re-establish the Bluetooth connectivity to the iPad. Most games have a small intro so you have time for the Bluetooth to engage.

Now, if anyone can find a version of Xevious that works on the iCade, I will be forever grateful.

Just tried the same thing but while still in icade control and that works too. Add the two coins and press player 1 while holding the joystick up. Voila! Happy new year everyone!

psj3809
01-01-2012, 03:18 AM
I only got an itouch instead of the Ipad.
I tried a few games, and No gravity works fine. However, I could not get the Atari greatest hits work with the icade.
Is the Icade support of the Atari hits Ipad only?

You've got an icade but no iPod? How come? Odd! Presume the Atari app works with the icade only with the iPad. No point getting a iPod/icade working together

menom
01-01-2012, 05:21 AM
Woo, I just submitted a Saucelifter update with iCade support last night: 307876918

Wow great news - game will be even more awesome - looking forward to it

cheers

crunc
01-01-2012, 11:22 AM
I picked up an iCade for $40+tax from Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday using a 20% off coupon you get for signing up to their mailing list. So far I love it. The buttons are rather clicky in shooters, but otherwise it exceeds my expectations. Awesome gadget.

Adams Immersive
01-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Just got one too. I thought of it as a novelty, nostalgia toy, and oversized charging/picture-frame stand! But it’s actually lots of fun and is supported by quite a few games i already owned.

My favorite iCade games are:

Temple Run
Silverfish Max (Onslaught mode)
Velocispider (but the buttons are tight and rapid-stabbing is agony; I wish Velocispider had auto-fire for iCade)
Hypership Out of Control, probably (planned support)
Hungry Master (I think hybrid control might be ideal: stick to steer, swipe screen for magic)

My wish list:

Intellivision Lives
Radiant
Tetris
Babylonian Twins
Edge
Jetpack Joyride (just one button!)
The upcoming Amiga emulator

And most importantly... every pinball game! Especially from Gameprom and A.S.K. Homework. I rigged my iCade to work with Pinball HD on my Mac, with buttons for flippers and the stick for pulling back to shoot. Felt really nice.

And lots of third-person shooters/platformers/adventures could benefit. Even RPGs, with those 8 buttons! And slot machines maybe... I hate them, but I know people who love them.

Now that I have an iCade, I plan to include iCade support in every game I release... which could be zero, but is moving towards one :p

P.S. I’ve had fun with it on my Mac as well, after jumping through hoops to make the buttons “real signals” instead of letter-pairs. I even played Unreal Tournament 2004 transmitted to my iPad screen, with iCade controls paired to the host Mac. It didn’t play well, but I just had to try it! Other games do play well that way.

chutch15
01-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Just tried the same thing but while still in icade control and that works too. Add the two coins and press player 1 while holding the joystick up. Voila! Happy new year everyone!

I swear I tried that before and it didn't work. But you're right! It does in fact work!

slewis7
01-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Ditto with the auto fire wish for Velocispider!

psj3809
01-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Its actually great iMame leaked as i think quite a few people will get an iCade just simply to play iMame. Then they'll hopefully discover other compatible games.

Atari supporting the iCade for Pacman was a huge surprise, hope they add support for other games (eg Rally-X).

Rojoyinc
01-01-2012, 01:12 PM
I have all these on icade via imame! Get it, all games the work on icade. I got my icade on black friday special, best buy... 49. Online order. Great little device.

Rojoyinc
01-01-2012, 01:35 PM
New to this thread, replying to old post as i start atmpost one... You said freeesh has icade support... I can't get it to work on fresh?

slamraman
01-01-2012, 02:54 PM
New to this thread, replying to old post as i start atmpost one... You said freeesh has icade support... I can't get it to work on fresh?

Pop into Settings and switch Arcade Mode on...if memory serves.

chutch15
01-01-2012, 04:40 PM

Found it! Woo hoo!

KrisjohnTwin
01-01-2012, 04:52 PM
P.S. I’ve had fun with it on my Mac as well, after jumping through hoops to make the buttons “real signals” instead of letter-pairs. I even played Unreal Tournament 2004 transmitted to my iPad screen, with iCade controls paired to the host Mac. It didn’t play well, but I just had to try it! Other games do play well that way.

Now you've made me wish the Splashtop remote desktop app supported it with a good keymapping tool. I've gotten it working with World of Warcraft and it'd be cool moving around with the iCade.

KrisjohnTwin
01-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Atari supporting the iCade for Pacman was a huge surprise, hope they add support for other games (eg Rally-X).

PacMan is Namco, I'm pretty sure.

SKELETOR68
01-01-2012, 06:24 PM
I sure hope they get Ms Pac-Man supported, I dont want to Jailbreak my iPad, as for the wish list, I would like to see

Time Pilot
Zaxxon (Older Sega ver in the arcade)
Donkey Kong
Lady Bug
Space Invaders
Jungle Hunt
oh ya and....Ms Pac-Man
All with iCADE support

Just to name a few from the 80's seen in the Arcade's.

psj3809
01-01-2012, 06:46 PM
I sure hope they get Ms Pac-Man supported, I dont want to Jailbreak my iPad, as for the wish list, I would like to see

Time Pilot
Zaxxon (Older Sega ver in the arcade)
Donkey Kong
Lady Bug
Space Invaders
Jungle Hunt
oh ya and....Ms Pac-Man
All with iCADE support

Just to name a few from the 80's seen in the Arcade's.

Do you know about iMame ?!?

Most of those arcade classics are available and run under iMame which also has iCade support. Earlier today i played Lady Bug, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, Ms (and Jnr) Pacman and Zaxxon under iMame

SKELETOR68
01-01-2012, 07:25 PM
I pick up the imame in the apps store, was very surprised to even see it there, I was under the impresion that i need to mod my iPad, to add data into imame.

darebear999
01-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I pick up the imame in the apps store, was very surprised to even see it there, I was under the impresion that i need to mod my iPad, to add data into imame.

Nope, but you will need iexplorer to load the roms. The instructions can be found earlier in this thread. Though I couldn't get jungle hunt to work the rest you mention play just fine.

SKELETOR68
01-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Cool, I guess I need that program, thanks.

darebear999
01-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Cool, I guess I need that program, thanks.

Welcs. Basically all you do is load them into the docs folder in the imame folder, go into options in imame and select rescan all roms at the bottom and bob's your uncle. Have fun!

SKELETOR68
01-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks for your help, but iexplorer will not drag and drop into the Doc folder on my iPad.

raskinny
01-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks for your help, but iexplorer will not drag and drop into the Doc folder on my iPad.

Try I-funbox it really works great. I-explorer did not work for me either.
Also I don't drag and drop. I just copy roms from my folder I put them in. Than I paste a few games at a time into the imame documents folder while in I-funbox.

Adams Immersive
01-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Now you've made me wish the Splashtop remote desktop app supported it with a good keymapping tool. I've gotten it working with World of Warcraft and it'd be cool moving around with the iCade.

I’ll have to try Splashtop some time, for the sake of speed (and sound). I really like the features and the mouse-feel of iTeleport, but it’s not for games or full-screen motion. (It won’t even render UT2004 except windowed.)

Using iCade with a Mac (or PC) means two things: getting the video onto the iPad (VNC, Splashtop, etc.) and getting the control signals back to the Mac. The simplest, most flexible way to get iCade’s signals to reach the Mac: pair it directly with the Mac over Bluetooth.

In fact, for Mac-iCade play, I don’t generally use the iPad at all. I use the Mac’s own screen or a projector, and the iCade is just a Bluetooth joystick for the Mac. (Actually displaying on the iPad in the iCade is neat, and I plan to experiment with that more, but there’s something to be said for a big joystick and a giant external screen!)

If the iCade is paired to the Mac, then you have all kinds of ways to tackle the keymapping question. I noticed that ControllerMate, although not free, can do that job, and that’s what I have used. I can make my iCade send any keystroke I want, on an app-specific basis; real press-hold-release keystrokes. Not ideal for analog/mouse control like FPS and MMO games demand, but for many kinds of games it’s great. I’m also thinking of trying the iCade for my left hand in UT2004/TF2/etc. and having the mouse in my right. Depends on how annoying it is to hit a red button for jump with my thumb.

It’s annoying that I have to re-pair (and enter a code) each time I switch my iCade between the Mac and the iPad, but it’s not the end of the world.

usmcss
01-02-2012, 02:00 PM

Skeletor, you don't put Iexplorer on your ipad, you put it on your computer. Also, make sure you don't purchase the iexplorer app, that is not what you want. You need to search for iexplorer on google and then install it on your computer. It's free. I made the mistake of purchasing the dam Iexplorer about for $6

Once it is on your computer, you then connect your ipad via usb and use the iexplorer program to put all the roms you find into the documents folder of the Imame App. You find the imame app with iexplorer.

Hope this helps!

SKELETOR68
01-02-2012, 02:39 PM
I hear ya, I downloaded the iexplorer for the computer, and using it I can see my iPad files, but it will not let me drop the goodies into the doc folder.

usmcss
01-02-2012, 02:57 PM
I hear ya, I downloaded the iexplorer for the computer, and using it I can see my iPad files, but it will not let me drop the goodies into the doc folder.

I think I remember having a problem dragging and dropping. I noticed if I tried to drag the rom by clicking on the name of the rom and dragging it, it would not work, but if I clicked on the folder icon next to the name and dragged, it would work.

Did you try copy and paste?

usmcss
01-02-2012, 03:01 PM

I purchased Saucelifter the other day. When will icade support be active? Great game!

SKELETOR68
01-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Yes, I tryed the copy and paste, but the mac gave a little fart sound meaning a no go, thanks for trying to help, also tryed I-Funboxmac, it would not even load up.

SKELETOR68
01-02-2012, 05:27 PM
The mac I using when it downloads the zip file always unzips it, I will try another IBM clone.

darebear999
01-02-2012, 06:18 PM
The mac I using when it downloads the zip file always unzips it, I will try another IBM clone.

I'm on a macmini and iexplorer works just fine for me. Drag and drop no problem. You can change the preference to unzip on your mac. Mine's setup to ask me what I want to do. If you download the rompack unzip it but not the roms. Just add them with one of the aforementioned apps. Hope that helps.

SKELETOR68
01-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I got every thing going now, but in the iTunes it does not show iMame in the file shareing list, but hey, I can now download zipped programs, and with iExplorer I can see the doc file but does not place it into it. Thanks again for helping.

darebear999
01-02-2012, 10:36 PM
I got every thing going now, but in the iTunes it does not show iMame in the file shareing list, but hey, I can now download zipped programs, and with iExplorer I can see the doc file but does not place it into it. Thanks again for helping.

Weird. Maybe try one of the other similar apps mentioned because you can't do it through itunes, unfortunately.

psj3809
01-03-2012, 02:28 AM

It won't show iMame on the file sharing list, it would never get past Apple if it had that. So thats why you use iExplorer to add the games instead

SKELETOR68
01-03-2012, 04:59 AM
As I found out this morning (0230hrs) all I needed to do was Right Click the mouse over the doc folder, My macs mouse has a single clicker, than add file. The games run flawlessly, Donky Kong, Donky Kong Jr, Mrs Pac-Man and eveb Bezerk, but can not get ZAXXON up and running, Now back to my iCade, thanks everybody who help me out on this, I still can not believe iMame was in the Apps store.

farmboy74
01-03-2012, 09:24 AM
iMAME on the appstore was the best xmas present ever!!, well on my way to having some great arcade games on my Ipad and I didn't have to jailbreak it amazing. iMAME and continued develpor support makes the Icade now essential:D

crunc
01-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Super Crossfire HD is uber-awesome on iCade. So is League of Evil.

Having said that, I hope more games will over portrait view (just letterbox a widescreen game, I'm fine with that). I hate having to take the iPad out and lay it landscape just to play a game or two.

I hope Ms. Pac-Man gets updated for iCade.

psj3809
01-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Make sure you get Arcade Jumper, they made it portrait so it'll work better with the icade. Great little platformer

SuperWeird
01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Can someone tell me how to get Air Attack HD and SuperCrossfire HD to work with the iCade? I can't get these games to work with it.

EDIT: Nevermind, they all just started working for me.

slewis7
01-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Does anyone else find the iCade joystick a bit loose to work well with some shooters? Is there anyway to adjust the joystick's mechanics?

raskinny
01-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Terra Noctis is on sale $.99

KrisjohnTwin
01-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Terra Noctis is on sale $.99

Came to say this. Just grabbed it, haven't had a chance to try it.

icepulse
01-03-2012, 09:00 PM
As I found out this morning (0230hrs) all I needed to do was Right Click the mouse over the doc folder, My macs mouse has a single clicker, than add file. The games run flawlessly, Donky Kong, Donky Kong Jr, Mrs Pac-Man and eveb Bezerk, but can not get ZAXXON up and running, Now back to my iCade, thanks everybody who help me out on this, I still can not believe iMame was in the Apps store.

#%€! Zaxxon.

Get the neogeo.zip rom, then grab "Viewpoint".

It's Zaxxon x10!

PS, all the NeoGeo roms seem to run great!

Neo Turf Masters and Baseball Stars 2 blow my mind.

psj3809
01-04-2012, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the tip about Viewpoint. Great little shooter and different from the usual horizontal/vertical ones

kevlar x
01-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Make sure you get Arcade Jumper, they made it portrait so it'll work better with the icade. Great little platformer

+1, thanks for the tip, I already had the game but couldn't play it in its original view, plays great in fullscreen landscape mode.

aceyprime
01-04-2012, 08:36 AM
I got an iCade yesterday and after opening it I wanted to test the controls so I played a bit using only the control panel (no cabinet). I'm considering not even building the cabinet and just using the control panel as-is since I have a stand I use that can prop the iPad in either orientation. It definitely makes it more portable and would be perfect if I ever get an Apple TV to mirror iPad 2 games to. The only thing that bothers me a little is how the top of the control panel slants away from you if you have the control panel in your lap, but it's not bad at all. Anyone else using only the control panel? I'm curious if anyone modified their control panel to be a little more ergonomic.

crunc
01-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I got an iCade yesterday and after opening it I wanted to test the controls so I played a bit using only the control panel (no cabinet). I'm considering not even building the cabinet and just using the control panel as-is since I have a stand I use that can prop the iPad in either orientation. It definitely makes it more portable and would be perfect if I ever get an Apple TV to mirror iPad 2 games to. The only thing that bothers me a little is how the top of the control panel slants away from you if you have the control panel in your lap, but it's not bad at all. Anyone else using only the control panel? I'm curious if anyone modified their control panel to be a little more ergonomic.

The iCade cabinet allows you to position the iPad either portrait or landscape, FYI. Probably you already knew that, but figured I'd mention it just to be sure. There's a ridge where you prop the iPad for landscape. It's annoying to have to switch it, but it's doable.

aceyprime
01-04-2012, 09:19 AM
The iCade cabinet allows you to position the iPad either portrait or landscape, FYI. Probably you already knew that, but figured I'd mention it just to be sure. There's a ridge where you prop the iPad for landscape. It's annoying to have to switch it, but it's doable.

Thanks crunc. I wasn't impressed with how the iCade looks when using the iPad in landscape and so far have enjoyed just using my iPad stand. Using the iCade control panel by itself reminds me of the NES Advantage joystick many years ago - so much fun.

I still have more iCade games to try but Forget-Me-Not, Super Crossfire HD, Mos Speedrun, Stardash and (of course) iMAME have been great so far. I wasn't as impressed with Arcade Jumper - just didn't feel right to me...maybe it's the physics/jumping implementation.

psj3809
01-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Cant find it on the front page so i thought i would mention it, the ipod game Interstellar Force works with the iCade, doesnt look too bad zoomed up on an ipad and plays well.

crunc
01-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks crunc. I wasn't impressed with how the iCade looks when using the iPad in landscape and so far have enjoyed just using my iPad stand. Using the iCade control panel by itself reminds me of the NES Advantage joystick many years ago - so much fun.

I hear you. It doesn't bug me - the look - but I could do without ever needing to switch to landscape, so hopefully all iCade games will do the right thing and add portrait mode. One advantage to using the whole cabinet, though, is that it gives weight that makes the thing feel really solid. I'm not sure I'd want to use it without that, though I suppose you could weight it down with something.

darebear999
01-04-2012, 04:39 PM
http://www.joeky.com/Break/1799/dude-rocks-out-with-gatari-atari-2600-guitar.html
Just had to share this. Sometimes this kinda stuff can be pretty lame and while I would want to listen to it all night this is pretty cool! :D

raskinny
01-04-2012, 08:33 PM

Funny thing is when I got my icade a few months ago, I was thinking of using just the control panel but never tried it. Now after reading this from you, I tried it and I love it. I can sit back relax on my couch with my feet up and watch/listen to my tv while playing with the just the control panel and my ipad stand. Thanks for the suggestion it's awesome (especially with imame).

SKELETOR68
01-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Just grabbed Terra Noctis because of iCADE support, ohhh yaaaaaa, come on Ms Pac-Man.

darebear999
01-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Just grabbed Terra Noctis because of iCADE support, ohhh yaaaaaa, come on Ms Pac-Man.

You can get Ms. Pac-Man going in imame. Both she and Mr. play just fine.

SKELETOR68
01-05-2012, 03:12 AM
I hear ya man, and got them both, but I am hopen more of this games in the app store like Galaga 30th, and Ms Pac Man get iCADE Support just like Pac Man did.

psj3809
01-05-2012, 03:29 AM
I hear ya man, and got them both, but I am hopen more of this games in the app store like Galaga 30th, and Ms Pac Man get iCADE Support just like Pac Man did.

Hopefully it'll happen. I was really happy when a big company added iCade controls to Pacman, surely they'll do that to their others.

darebear999
01-05-2012, 03:29 AM

I find the paid apps are pretty much the same thing as the mame roms with a few minor enhancements; and between either owning various versions of these games or pumping in quarters at the arcade I've paid for most of them several times over. So, I don't have any ethical dilemma about using mame. Now, if Namco or the other companies want to release some NEW games with icade control my wallet's already half open. I'm still waiting for an ipad version of pac-man championship edition with icade control. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a good while longer though.

psj3809
01-05-2012, 03:44 AM
^Agree with the above

Think though its great for iCade in general if more bigger name companies jump on board. I'm sure a lot of us were over the moon when iMame appeared but i know a few friends with non-jailbroken devices who missed out on iMame. Be great if a lot of non-Mame games out there get iCade support

I've emailed a fair few devs over time, shame to see some of their responses. Always thought Phoenix HD would be great with iCade support but they didnt seem interested.

Yet lots of 'small one man band' type devs seem very happy to add icade support when you contact them

kevlar x
01-05-2012, 04:05 AM
I welcome icade support in all games where it makes sense and before phoenix hd came out I posted in the phoenix thread asking for icade support but after playing the game I think it would be impossible to play with icade. Control of the craft has to be very precise to survive the screen full of bullets, you just wouldn't have the fine control with the icade.

psj3809
01-05-2012, 04:13 AM
I welcome icade support in all games where it makes sense and before phoenix hd came out I posted in the phoenix thread asking for icade support but after playing the game I think it would be impossible to play with icade. Control of the craft has to be very precise to survive the screen full of bullets, you just wouldn't have the fine control with the icade.

Yeah good point, would be a nice addition though. Its like the Cave shooters on iMame, its not too bad to control despite all those 1000's of bullets. For upright shooters we've got Air Attack HD (Very good) and Warblade, be nice to get some more

KrisjohnTwin
01-05-2012, 04:28 AM
Sega have released a heap of Megadrive ROMs wrapped in the same emulator. All they'd have to do is put iCade support into the emulator engine and recompile a dozen or so apps.

SKELETOR68
01-05-2012, 04:30 AM
I too spent most of my time and money in the Arcades, in the early 80's, I still remember when the new Arcade Games would come in, the place would be full of kids and adults, man those days were good, Long live iMame.

darebear999
01-05-2012, 04:51 AM
I was going to buy Flashback and that got pulled for some reason. Another World still doesn't have icade support. Still, I'm pretty impressed with the amount of games that have it now though. At first it was just the Atari app. Hopefully more soon...I get the feeling it was a pretty popular item with gamers this xmas.

psj3809
01-05-2012, 05:03 AM
I too spent most of my time and money in the Arcades, in the early 80's, I still remember when the new Arcade Games would come in, the place would be full of kids and adults, man those days were good, Long live iMame.

I'm exactly the same ! I'm loving that romset as theres soooo many good classics on there. Back in the 80's i had Spectrum conversions of many of these games (Some very good, some poor) but its so good to have the actual arcade versions in your hand.

To a kid back in 1985 to be told that i'll have this device where i can play all these arcade games it would be a dream ! The second i start Out Run and hear the music it takes me back to some dodgy arcade in Spain in the 80's when i was on holiday putting all my holiday money into it day in day out !

Plus it works with the iCade ? A dream !! I nearly forked out £400 for a small bartop arcade unit but the icade is just even better with iMame. Be great if there were more emulators released (just for a few days) but i'm happy with iMame. Love it!

SKELETOR68
01-05-2012, 05:19 AM
I still remember going to K-Mart and drolling over the Atari, Intellivion and Coleco games locked up behind glass cabnits, average price ranged from $20 - $60 per game than about a month later all that was left were Atari games in the bargin bin going for .99 each, never did find out were the Coleco's and the Intellivions games went.

psj3809
01-05-2012, 05:55 AM
I still remember going to K-Mart and drolling over the Atari, Intellivion and Coleco games locked up behind glass cabnits, average price ranged from $20 - $60 per game than about a month later all that was left were Atari games in the bargin bin going for .99 each, never did find out were the Coleco's and the Intellivions games went.

I must admit the first time i discovered emulators i was in heaven, back in the mid 90's i had a 66 mhz PC (cost about $2000 !) and my mum shaking her head as i had a ZX Spectrum emulator playing games on that, she couldnt believe what i was using it for !

Then over the years i've got into MAME on the PC which was great, a Pocket PC which had 'Morphgear' which was an emulator for lots of systems, then a GP32 and GP2X (Handheld linux gadgets for emulators basically) which were superb. Then of course seeing an ipod and all the games for it. Now having iMame is just the best thing !

I'm happy i havent jailbroken my device though, been buying tons of apps and loving it. At the moment i'm enjoying going through the different iMame games seeing what ones to keep or discard.

MarkHerm
01-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Super Crate Box is EXTREMELY nice on the iCade! :D

psj3809
01-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Super Crate Box is EXTREMELY nice on the iCade! :D

Yep just been playing that, love the portrait view

MJFox
01-05-2012, 08:25 AM
may be a stupid question, but how do I shoot in Super Crate Box with the iCade? no button seems to shoot!

greetings

MJFox

psj3809
01-05-2012, 08:28 AM
may be a stupid question, but how do I shoot in Super Crate Box with the iCade? no button seems to shoot!

greetings

MJFox

I presume you've pressed every button ? On mine it was one of the black buttons, not the ideal set up with jump/shoot but its not that bad. Was expecting the two white ones on the far right.

SKELETOR68
01-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Any word on SKINS coming out for the iCADE?

MJFox
01-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I presume you've pressed every button ? On mine it was one of the black buttons, not the ideal set up with jump/shoot but its not that bad. Was expecting the two white ones on the far right.

strange, shooting doesn't work with any of my buttons

I just tried every button in the note-app and every button-press outputs some characters, so no button is damaged... still I'm not able to shoot in SCB :confused:

Edit: tried it with an iControlPad in iCade-mode, doesn't work either... so this seem to be a problem with the game! I'm on an iPad2 Wifi 16GB and iOS 5.01

does anybody else have this problem?

greetings

MJFox

kevlar x
01-05-2012, 10:55 AM

I mentioned the potential for icade skins in this forum ages ago, I think someone could do well selling them if icade does well enough. A full space invaders skin seems the most obvious to me but obviously licencing issues may come into it.

PS. I'm assuming you don't mean a game called SKINS! ;>)

SKELETOR68
01-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Ummmm, ahhhh, Ya Skins for the iCADE, to make it look different, LOL

darebear999
01-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Ummmm, ahhhh, Ya Skins for the iCADE, to make it look different, LOL

Right, like in the early ads for the icade or atari app you see an asteroids border around the game itself, just like the arcade machines used to have. Some enterprising person could make a fortune off us nostalgic gamers with this idea. I'd be down with it. However, they'd better be pretty damn cheap because I've got over 100 roms loaded in now. ;)

romanista
01-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Super crate booooox!

romanista
01-05-2012, 02:04 PM
I mentioned the potential for icade skins in this forum ages ago, I think someone could do well selling them if icade does well enough. A full space invaders skin seems the most obvious to me but obviously licencing issues may come into it.

PS. I'm assuming you don't mean a game called SKINS! ;>)

Have you seen this post by stuart campbell?

http://wosland.podgamer.com/?p=12462

SKELETOR68
01-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Holy Cow, those look good, really good.

evilbart
01-05-2012, 04:32 PM

Thinkgeek had a design contest for Icade skins recently and should be releasing some soon http://www.thinkgeek.com/contests/icadeskin/index.shtml?pfm=Search&t=icade%20skin

Wasgo
01-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Thinkgeek had a design contest for Icade skins recently and should be releasing some soon http://www.thinkgeek.com/contests/icadeskin/index.shtml?pfm=Search&t=icade%20skin

Not that soon. I asked their customer service on Twitter and it's still in the planning stage.

Spamcan
01-05-2012, 06:16 PM

I hope these aren't too expensive, the default cabinet artwork is exceptionally ugly.

Rojoyinc
01-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks had passed on terra noctis, as i didn't know it had icade... Just went and bought it after reading you post.

bmbarts
01-05-2012, 10:58 PM
is there any way of getting iMame if you missed it on the appstore?

psj3809
01-05-2012, 11:05 PM
is there any way of getting iMame if you missed it on the appstore?

Only if you jailbreak your device

TravisR2H
01-06-2012, 01:38 AM
This is the response from the developer of Space Marine: Infinite Ammo. Let's encourage them to put it on the Icade! It would be great to get a Contra type game on the Icade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR2H
This game is screaming for Icade support. Any chance?

Looks incredible.

Icade support is definitely an option, in fact we would love to do it! We're to close to launch to drop it in before release but, if the game does well and there's enough demand for iCade we'd be happy to build in the support. Help us get the word out so it's an easy decision!

psj3809
01-06-2012, 03:01 AM
^Well post in that thread http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2080397&posted=1#post2080397to say you'll support it/buy it if it has icade support.

The more people who buy icade compatible games the more chance we'll see more and more of them in the future

KrisjohnTwin
01-06-2012, 04:38 AM
Super Crate Box and Muffin Knight are the same game :-/

psj3809
01-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Super Crate Box and Muffin Knight are the same game :-/

Yep Muffin Knight came out first, Super Crate Box was the original but i like both games, different style of graphics. Plus both work with iCade and both are dirt cheap so win win

LastWindow
01-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Has it been stated that Pac-Man is compatible with the iCade? I didn't see it listed on the first post.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pac-man-for-ipad/id363297482?mt=8

KrisjohnTwin
01-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Has it been stated that Pac-Man is compatible with the iCade? I didn't see it listed on the first post.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pac-man-for-ipad/id363297482?mt=8

Yeah, half a dozen pages back, but thanks :)

Ddockery
01-06-2012, 07:26 PM
The first page hasn't been updated for a long time. It's not a great reference any more.

crunc
01-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Super Crate Box is super great with the iCade. I hope they can get it working with the iControlPad too.

HeliApps
01-06-2012, 09:17 PM
FlGPJfP_Rc0

An Alien Annihilation (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aaa-an-alien-annihilation/id467898816?mt=8) (a Galaga inspired space shooter) now updated for iCade ...

Adam Betts
01-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Saucelifter just updated today with iCade support. Tried it and the control is solid.

http://appshopper.com/games/saucelifter