PDA

View Full Version : Mission Europa Standard - FREE

dalbertson
06-20-2011, 02:46 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/app/id420782354?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

syntheticvoid
06-20-2011, 02:47 PM
no freak'n way!!! I just bought this... lol...

GREAT game!!! TOTALLY worth getting, especially while it's free! I can't believe they made this version free!!! ahhh!!! =oP

Marcus70
06-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Wow, thanks for the post!

ak47killa
06-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!Downloading now!!!!!!!!!! I never thought this would go free. What's the difference between the standard and the Collector's Ed?

syntheticvoid
06-20-2011, 03:10 PM
the standard only has a couple of 'levels'

not really levels... but once you get into the game you'll see...

to get to the lower levels of the facility, you need to buy them...

in the collectors edition, ALL the levels are unlocked... you also get some special perks, like being able to use all weapons and other stuff... =oP

oooooomonkey
06-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Wow sweet deal i bought the collectors editon on day of release and have to say this game is fantastic. Totally worth a go for free.

MrThreeCats
06-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Wow, definitely worth the download.

I hope the interface isn't as bad as I've heard people say, but at that price I shouldn't be complaining.

medianotzu
06-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Wow, definitely worth the download.

I hope the interface isn't as bad as I've heard people say, but at that price I shouldn't be complaining.

It's not bad at all in my opinion. It's very functional and extremely customizable. In fact, graphical design complaints notwithstanding, I think it's a big strength of the game.

MrSpud
12-19-2012, 11:35 PM
It's free again! Great FPS/RPG, works on 2nd generation and up!

undeadcow
12-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Mission Europa is essential; easily one of the best games to come out last year.

ninjackid
12-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Nice. I grabbed the Collector's Edition when it was 2.99. Still need to crack that one open. :p

crex
12-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Mission Europa is essential; easily one of the best games to come out last year.

Agreed. Made by one very talented developer.

nightc1
12-20-2012, 01:13 AM
I don't understand. Is this essentially a free/trial version with IAP unlocks (or encouragement to buy the collectors version)... or is it a full game on its own without the IAP?

Great or not it sounds like a demo version which I've never seen such hype for a demo so my brain just won't compute. Yes, I locked in a license of course... just not sure what I'm getting as far as a full game experience goes.

undeadcow
12-20-2012, 06:53 AM
I don't understand. Is this essentially a free/trial version with IAP unlocks (or encouragement to buy the collectors version)... or is it a full game on its own without the IAP?

Great or not it sounds like a demo version which I've never seen such hype for a demo so my brain just won't compute. Yes, I locked in a license of course... just not sure what I'm getting as far as a full game experience goes.The ME Standard Edition gives you the first 10 (of 50?) levels then you purchase IAP blocks of "episodes" containing an additional 10 levels each. If you enjoy ME and then there is/was a "Collector's Edition" that includes all content upfront and is probably a better option but it's not free like the SE is now.

nightc1
12-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Yeah so it is pretty much what should be a "Free" or "Trial" version of the full game.

I've never seen a trial version get this much hype. Still, it's cool to have to give the main game a try.

repapermunky
12-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Yeah so it is pretty much what should be a "Free" or "Trial" version of the full game.

I've never seen a trial version get this much hype. Still, it's cool to have to give the main game a try.

This game is just alright. I own the collectors edition, I bought it when it came out. Nobody ever played the multiplayer, and the game lacks any serious instructions. I'd rather play any of the completely free Marathon games over this any day, especially over some version that only has 10 levels...

MrSpud
12-20-2012, 02:47 PM
This game is just alright. I own the collectors edition, I bought it when it came out. Nobody ever played the multiplayer, and the game lacks any serious instructions. I'd rather play any of the completely free Marathon games over this any day, especially over some version that only has 10 levels...

Only ten levels?! Well, it took me about 8-10 hours or so to complete, and please check out my FAQs if you need instructions, it's all in there.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=86623&highlight=Mission+europa

nightc1
12-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Only ten levels?! Well, it took me about 8-10 hours or so to complete, and please check out my FAQs if you need instructions, it's all in there.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=86623&highlight=Mission+europa

Hmm... I don't know the history on the game... was it originally just the 10 levels and then they expanded and finally spun off a separate version with everything in it?

I guess that would make more sense... though it doesn't show in the history for the game on the appstore.

Either way... I got the license. So, I will eventually play it. If I like it, I'll just buy the Collectors version.

MrSpud
12-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Hmm... I don't know the history on the game... was it originally just the 10 levels and then they expanded and finally spun off a separate version with everything in it?

I guess that would make more sense... though it doesn't show in the history for the game on the appstore.

Either way... I got the license. So, I will eventually play it. If I like it, I'll just buy the Collectors version.

There were always two editions fom the start, the standard edition is very much a full game and the collector’s edition includes the other 4 episodes for a full package, the whole game takes about 40-45 hours to finish.

I should also mention it won RPG of the year on Touchgen and it has the 17th spot for the most replied thread on this forum.

nightc1
12-20-2012, 03:33 PM
That's pretty cool. So the standard version is pretty much the typical free first version of a game... sort of like what TaleTell does with the "Episode" of their series sometimes going free.