PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Collapse. Groundbreaking Real Time Strategy game coming soon!

JavierDavalos
04-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi guys,

I'm the developer of a new RTS coming to iphone called Quantum Collapse, this will be a major Iphone title and i decided to announce it first here on these forums.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/98/quantumcollapse1.tif

I won't release much more than that simple screenshot for now, but this game won't let you guys down. I'm a hardcore gamer and i know what gamers like so i have no doubts in Quantum Collapse.

Feedback is much apreciated!, also let me know what you'd like to see in a major RTS title for iphone.

randomdude
04-19-2009, 02:54 PM
This is the Command and Conquer series for the iPhone which will be better than the RTS that EA is working on for this. We want originality not ports EA. Learn from this dev or make him part of your iPhone dev team. Any of them will do but the 2nd is preferable. And yay I thought I was the only hardcore gamer here for RTS :D JK.

BTW: how will the control scheme work?
Sorry I meant the this game will be like the C&C Series for the PC not that this is the C&C Series

yourofl10
04-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Wow! Looks really fun! Thats about the only RTS that has gotten me interested!

randomdude
04-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Wow! Looks really fun! Thats about the only RTS that has gotten me interested!
Same here

Rocketman919
04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Looks pretty sweet. My personal favorite RTS is Starcraft, and yours appears to have a spacey vibe so that's good. Things I would like to see are:

Multiple races that you can play as

Lots of different and unique soldiers and vehicles in each class, ex. Maybe one class would have a vehicle that another class didn't have, and vice versa. This would add strategy because you would have to choose the right race suited for the job.

A decent story mode

Lots of single-play maps that you can pick a race and just play

Multiple options within those single play maps ex. Number of cpu players, what races they are, etc.

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER. If this is over your head for now, I completely understand, but I feel this is a crucial part of any RTS. If it's not there in the beginning, make some profit and then implement it later

A competitive price. While there are few RTS's in the app store, most of them have
the things above. Make yours the best so they will be inclined to buy it. A nice low price couldn't hurt either.

JavierDavalos
04-19-2009, 02:59 PM
LOL the irony, i didn't know CnC was going to be ported for Iphone.

The irony is that i made most of the website of the current red alert/cnc EA portals.

randomdude
04-19-2009, 03:01 PM
How about some air units like bombers, helicopter, and some sea units that could actually give you guys some publicity for allowing sea unit that is actually done right *looking at another RTS* Anyways make some unit variety for different races and maybe some CGI maybe. It doesn't have to be real life but it could be some kind of animation though.

Rocketman919
04-19-2009, 03:02 PM
A few more things.

Good controls. Bad controls in a game like this could ruin it.

Massive widescale battles. The thing that worries me about that pic is the fact that not much is going on. I would like massive battles, where I send my 30 troops and 7 tanks right up to the enemy and watch what happens. Don't just have single soldiers running around, have an easy way to group them and send them to attack.

randomdude
04-19-2009, 03:03 PM
LOL the irony, i didn't know CnC was going to be ported for Iphone.

The irony is that i made most of the website of the current red alert/cnc EA portals.
Dont worry. It'll be buggy, but you might want to have some ideas of advertising eh?

JavierDavalos
04-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Yes, although the game will initially launch as just single player its being programmed with to be easily changed for multiplayer matches.

I'm thinking first release will be singleplayer, the following update will have bluetooth/internet multiplayer and if things kick off and people like it a full blown ranked multiplayer system.

Ohh and one little detail i left out... the game has physics built in :) don't we all love physics in game?, now we have them on an RTS

hirschy75
04-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Yes, although the game will initially launch as just single player its being programmed with to be easily changed for multiplayer matches.

I'm thinking first release will be singleplayer, the following update will have bluetooth/internet multiplayer and if things kick off and people like it a full blown ranked multiplayer system.

Ohh and one little detail i left out... the game has physics built in :) don't we all love physics in game?, now we have them on an RTS

Nice...could you explain a little more what you mean by physics?

randomdude
04-19-2009, 03:09 PM

:eek: your making your game sound so good right now. Anyways EA always come out with horrible ports so dont worry as I had said before in another post

JavierDavalos
04-19-2009, 03:13 PM
I know i've worked for EA. It's a great place to work at but $$$$ is all that matters there so lots of bad choices are made because of greed.

randomdude
04-19-2009, 03:17 PM
I know i've worked for EA. It's a great place to work at but $$$$ is all that matters there so lots of bad choices are made because of greed.
Sorry I forgot. Welcome to TA!

snoderlye
04-19-2009, 03:18 PM
This looks exciting! How awesome! Good luck!

randomdude
04-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Maybe you can let us build bunkers trenches something like that. I got this while playing Company of hero on the omaha missions :D Maybe you can build bridges then destroy them with some small bombs like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLKOMsaZRzY&feature=related). Just let us have some airtillery strike you can buy and also just make it like Company of Heros in terms of the gameplay

OrangePanda
04-19-2009, 03:57 PM
A shift type button that can let your units go to multiple points, and would tell you the time it will take the unit to get there.
Minimum of 5 civs, each with a few bonuses and negatives.
1 SuperUnit per civ: ex a huge tank or a giant battleship.
Control Groups, Dialogue, massive battles. Ability to create attack paths, Ex: drawing lines on the minimap of how to attack.
Formations would be sweet.

randomdude
04-19-2009, 04:00 PM
A shift type button that can let your units go to multiple points, and would tell you the time it will take the unit to get there.
Minimum of 5 civs, each with a few bonuses and negatives.
1 SuperUnit per civ: ex a huge tank or a giant battleship.
Control Groups, Dialogue, massive battles. Ability to create attack paths, Ex: drawing lines on the minimap of how to attack.
Formations would be sweet.
Are you a RTS guru?

Big Albie
04-19-2009, 04:00 PM

I can vouch for that. I used to do PR for EA on the agency side, and while the people are great, money is an overwhelming part of the decision-making process. Sure, business is business, but come on, let's make sure we're serving the customer.

Btw, great looking game...what is the pricing and availability for this?

randomdude
04-19-2009, 04:02 PM
I can vouch for that. I used to do PR for EA on the agency side, and while the people are great, money is an overwhelming part of the decision-making process. Sure, business is business, but come on, let's make sure we're serving the customer.

Btw, great looking game...what is the pricing and availability for this?
Is EA really that bad and only thinkk about the money? (sorry a EA fanboy here) If so then screw EA!

lazypeon
04-19-2009, 04:04 PM
That FPS counter looks really familiar; is this built on Cocos2D?

OrangePanda
04-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Are you a RTS guru?

haha maybe.
I just know a lot and love them. I played AOE3 and Supcom.

JavierDavalos
04-19-2009, 04:05 PM
A few more things.

Good controls. Bad controls in a game like this could ruin it.

Massive widescale battles. The thing that worries me about that pic is the fact that not much is going on. I would like massive battles, where I send my 30 troops and 7 tanks right up to the enemy and watch what happens. Don't just have single soldiers running around, have an easy way to group them and send them to attack.

Completely agreed. The VERY FIRST thing i programmed was the control scheme. I made sure to have the very best control over whats going on on the battlefield.

Trust me, battles are quite epic :) i just didn't want to put lots of units on screen for that screenshot because it gets REALLY messy with all the smoke, missiles and explosions. You can easily find yourself in the middle of a battle between 100 units or more.

hirschy75
04-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Awesome :)

So what are you thinking time wise? Days? Weeks? Months?

JavierDavalos
04-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Awesome :)

So what are you thinking time wise? Days? Weeks? Months?

< 1 month.

I've been developing the game for quite some time now working 10+ hours a day.

OrangePanda
04-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Is it going to be all robots or some human units too?

randomdude
04-19-2009, 04:09 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2ABZ20IFFq8/RvyaLQ5Oa-I/AAAAAAAAAKk/gEr5HCeg59w/s320/gent.bmp.jpg
Here's a image of what he had done with a PocketPC

JavierDavalos
04-19-2009, 04:14 PM
:d :d

randomdude
04-19-2009, 04:18 PM
LOL no sorry i don't even know what that game is.
Trying to look for the game you said you publish so hard to find http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2ABZ20IFFq8/RvyaLQ5Oa-I/AAAAAAAAAKk/gEr5HCeg59w/s320/gent.bmp
Is this it?

JavierDavalos
04-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Trying to look for the game you said you publish so hard to find http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2ABZ20IFFq8/RvyaLQ5Oa-I/AAAAAAAAAKk/gEr5HCeg59w/s320/gent.bmp
Is this it?

Thats the one, if you notice the units are the same in Quantum Collapse. but everything else is different and the entire game engine is completely different.

I programmed Argentum when i was 19 years old, now i'm 28 and i'm a software engineer so that should say quite a while! :D

randomdude
04-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Thats the one, if you notice the units are the same in Quantum Collapse. but everything else is different and the entire game engine is completely different.

I programmed Argentum when i was 19 years old, now i'm 28 and i'm a software engineer so that should say quite a while! :D
OMG you were 19 years old when you program that game! I still have this game :eek:
And man you're going to change the RTS genre on the iPhone.

randomdude
04-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Any other info on the physics, units, and can we have some destructible stuff and can you let us build bridges then use them to blow them up when we lose control of them and does your game have any heavy artillery, heavy/light armor, fighters, bombers, special op infantry and stuff like that and lol on the dead brain. :D
And your welcome on the PM. Too lazy to click on mouse since it's so hot here even with A/C (in california baby!)

21duc29
04-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Can't wait for this... been waiting for another RTS game since Warfare Inc.

randomdude
04-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Anyone want to suggest more for what this game should be?

Vester
04-19-2009, 07:02 PM
wow not too shabby! (i still wish someone would port starcraft) >:l

Dr Ashworth
04-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Hey Javier, one of the greatest things about Starcraft, I thought, was the storyline... hopefully you're working on a non-cliche one to put this game over the edge?

But anyway, I did play your first game, so this should be good, man!

randomdude
04-19-2009, 07:05 PM
wow not too shabby! (i still wish someone would port starcraft) >:l
Starcraft on a iPhone would be great fun I would much rather support the indie dev since they need this money in the economy (here in the US anyways) and if they don't need it well I'll just buy both. The economy need my impulse buys (Got that from someone here forgot who it was)

randomdude
04-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey Javier, one of the greatest things about Starcraft, I thought, was the storyline... hopefully you're working on a non-cliche one to put this game over the edge?

But anyway, I did play your first game, so this should be good, man!
What do you think he might need in this game?

Vester
04-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Starcraft on a iPhone would be great fun I would much rather support the indie dev since they need this money in the economy (here in the US anyways) and if they don't need it well I'll just buy both. The economy need my impulse buys (Got that from someone here forgot who it was)
yea, same, blizzard is making soooooo much money its nice to spend some on the little guys >:l

randomdude
04-19-2009, 07:08 PM
yea, same, blizzard is making soooooo much money its nice to spend some on the little guys >:l
Yea it would be nice to spend some $$$ on the little guys (no offense intended)

JavierDavalos
04-19-2009, 07:14 PM

Lol i'm not from india or hindu i live in New York :p

randomdude
04-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Rotflol
Also indie devs mean that you are a part of a small team or just develop by yourself not that you are from india or hindu

JavierDavalos
04-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Any other info on the physics, units, and can we have some destructible stuff and can you let us build bridges then use them to blow them up when we lose control of them and does your game have any heavy artillery, heavy/light armor, fighters, bombers, special op infantry and stuff like that and lol on the dead brain. :D
And your welcome on the PM. Too lazy to click on mouse since it's so hot here even with A/C (in california baby!)

Well... every unit has rigid body physics. When you tell a flying unit to move from A to B for example, it doesn't just do it the usual way. It actually activates the thrusters and that generates a force that actually accelerates the body towards the goal. All the rules of physics apply to all units, momentum, force, drag, friction etc etc.

randomdude
04-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Well... every unit has rigid body physics. When you tell a flying unit to move from A to B for example, it doesn't just do it the usual way. It actually activates the thrusters and that generates a force that actually accelerates the body towards the goal. All the rules of physics apply to all units, momentum, force, drag, friction etc etc.
Sound so good right now! Can you give us some more juicy tibits of info on the physic?

theone1007
04-19-2009, 08:22 PM
From your description and that screenshot that doesn't show much, I would say this game looks pretty cool :). I'm sure this game will probably be really good since you got so many awards for the pocketPC.

What I would like to see in an RTS is online battle. I'm sure someone said this one already but yeah. Some animation from the soldiers/other stuff would be nice. UniWar, although good, has a bugged online multiplayer and their soldiers have no movement whatsoever.

Dr Ashworth
04-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Rotflol
Also indie devs mean that you are a part of a small team or just develop by yourself not that you are from india or hindu
He's so indie he doesn't even know what it is!

robertf224
04-19-2009, 08:26 PM
this game looks awesome!

ThRaShEr
04-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Ill definitlly be kepping my eyes and ears open for this one...hope the dev follows thru with the updates(learn from warfare inc mistakes which still doesnt have the promised mutiplayer update)...this game could climb thru the app atore FAST with good controls and that physics engine...Good luck to you in your venture and i hope to see more titles from you in the future.

Haephestos
04-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh man!!! Those physics sound absoulutely awesome. Did you code the physics yourself, or are they integrated into the game engine?

Haephestos
04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Ill definitlly be kepping my eyes and ears open for this one...hope the dev follows thru with the updates(learn from warfare inc mistakes which still doesnt have the promised mutiplayer update)...this game could climb thru the app atore FAST with good controls and that physics engine...Good luck to you in your venture and i hope to see more titles from you in the future.

I am a tester for Warfare Inc. The multiplayer is coming. I am testing the 5th multiplayer beta at the moment. There are still some essential features to add such as a decent lobby, and chat.

ThRaShEr
04-20-2009, 12:50 AM
I am a tester for Warfare Inc. The multiplayer is coming. I am testing the 5th multiplayer beta at the moment. There are still some essential features to add such as a decent lobby, and chat.

:) Thanks for the info.

avenged7enfold95
04-20-2009, 08:38 AM
is there going to be a testing for this game?

TideTime
04-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Looks like Starcraft. This could turn out well but would love to see a vid before judging first.

JavierDavalos
04-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Looks like Starcraft. This could turn out well but would love to see a vid before judging first.

Alright i'll put a video up this week. But very home made and unofficial because i'd rather program than edit video to be honest! :D

dashzed
04-20-2009, 09:04 AM
dude, the game sounds like it could be pretty good.

If you want some inspiration on how to do a strategy game right, then take a look at UniWar. Although it is turn-based, it is a good example of strategy/races/units/multiplayer/all that other good stuff done right on the iphone.

teagan1000000
04-20-2009, 09:23 AM
This looks great, (being added to buy the second it comes out list) one of my favorite rts games is warlords battlecry 3, you probibly havent heard of it but its a good game

GodSon
04-20-2009, 11:59 AM
As a HUGE RTS fan myself i will be counting the days. Thank you in advance!!! :D

randomdude
04-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Anyone have any suggestion for him to improve this great RTS?

TideTime
04-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Alright i'll put a video up this week. But very home made and unofficial because i'd rather program than edit video to be honest! :D

Sweet, thanks! I'll be watching the topic for the video.

nooobynick
04-20-2009, 09:54 PM
is there going to be a testing for this game?

If there will be a beta test here he will inform us, please don't be asking(harassing) him asking him to be a beta tester.

randomdude
04-21-2009, 12:10 AM
hi I have an idea. Maybe we could have some kind of tactical support like artillery you can buy and nukes. But you can build a missile defense system that can destroy it 99 percent but if your unlucky :rolleyes: it'll be your doom

ta11on
04-21-2009, 12:39 AM
As long as the buildings and units aren't as small as they seem in those pictures, this should be a decent game. Also, if it's possible to add in a way to group together about 10-15 units into a squad, with a simple way to swap between squads, that would be very helpful. In warfare inc, it is sometimes frustrating when having to manually select units in a big fast paced fight.

Looks good otherwise.

randomdude
04-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Like many of the people here suggested how about bring able to squad up different type of unit and naming them. Oooo. Maybe you can have voice command like EndWar. You can name your squads in the option or barracks then you say there name or whatever you decide to call them and when you play you can call them to move to point wherever you establish like point bravo, forward HQ, and also when there is a battle near your base all of your unit near the base will fall back and defend it. Also you should have some basic human fear in your game like when an artillery strike hits near them they will run willy nilly and you cant control them after like say 10 secs or so (time depends on how heavy the artillery) and also when a unit is about to be destroyed your troops can either stay on to fight to the death or surrender and they will march to enemy base and help make their production go faster. (Don't have to but I wanted something that feels like the units are like human)
Also you can free your capture unit which could add in a lot of real life scenerio which could mean that your unit is always worth it even if it's captured

randomdude
04-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Like many of the people here suggested how about bring able to squad up different type of unit and naming them. Oooo. Maybe you can have voice command like EndWar. You can name your squads in the option or barracks then you say there name or whatever you decide to call them and when you play you can call them to move to point wherever you establish like point bravo, forward HQ, and also when there is a battle near your base all of your unit near the base will fall back and defend it. Also you should have some basic human fear in your game like when an artillery strike hits near them they will run willy nilly and you cant control them after like say 10 secs or so (time depends on how heavy the artillery) and also when a unit is about to be destroyed your troops can either stay on to fight to the death or surrender and they will march to your base and help make your production go faster. (Don't have to but I wanted something that feels like the units are like human)
Also maybe we can solve this "fear problem" by having more time to produce but your unit will obey you or you can let your unit level up by how many combats it has been in. The unit rank will rank up and it rank doesn't disappear after a mission but it continues to the next mission until that unit reach a certain rank and it would be promoted which you can choose to become a SpecOp equip with new abilities or just let your unit stay like it was and it would stop ranking up. Also can we have so transport for the infrantry and maybe a artillery or so? Also I would love to see some time of air to air superiority fighter, naval battleships, aircraft carrier, and one unit that will be very powerful that can transform to whatever terrain it is in but you can only buy it once and it is very expensive. It can transform to whatever unit you want like a battleship or a heavy tank.

randomdude
04-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Also can you add morale to this game :)

No Hero
04-22-2009, 08:27 PM
hope its like warcraft 3. Actually I like the idea of rts, but I think its a bit too hard to make (im used to all the hotkeys... the keyboard is bigger than the iphone itself so i doubt there will be hotkeys...)

randomdude
04-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Also can we have more than 3 faction and you can choose wheter you would be either evil or good

yacoub
04-24-2009, 11:06 PM
this thread is lots of people with lots of wild and crazy ideas. how about just a simple, functional, fun RTS game. let's start there. :rolleyes:

randomdude
04-24-2009, 11:08 PM
this thread is lots of people with lots of wild and crazy ideas. how about just a simple, functional, fun RTS game. let's start there. :rolleyes:
Y I never! :rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Anonymous1
04-25-2009, 06:03 PM
the main thing i ask for is a good control system, and some decent or great graphics!!:D I have Warfare inc. and the graphics just drive me crazy because normal foot soldiers are bigger than my tanks!! so maybe its not so much the graphics but the scale of the units models. so please don't make the tanks or normal foots soldiers bigger than the factories and buildings!!;)

Anonymous1
04-25-2009, 06:04 PM
oh and please impliment a skirmish game mode where we can just play against the computer. this would really add to the replayability of the game.