Portrait and Landscape screenshots, will Apple display both?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by TinyTechnician, Jun 28, 2010.

1. TinyTechnician

TinyTechnician Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    Hello,

Does anyone know when you submit screenshots for your app that are both landscape and portrait if Apple will display them properly in the App Store? Basically I have 2 screenshots for the "game" part that are in landscape and then about 3 screenshots for another area which displays items in portrait view.

I guess I could just submit them and see what Apple does with them but would kind of like to know if someone has already done this or knows if Apple will display them properly etc.

Thanks

2. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    I had tried to do exactly this for Pocket Boxing, but on the iPhone only the portrait screenshots ended up being visible within appstore.

3. TinyTechnician

TinyTechnician Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    Interesting, thanks for the info. Would you happen to remember if you were viewing your app from your iPhone or from iTunes?

I know the App Store displays portrait-only screenshots (even if they are landscape) when viewing an app from your iPhone. If you end up viewing an app from iTunes on your computer they will display properly (in landscape if the screenshots are landscape).