I'm sooo happy! Beat It! is in my itunes library!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I have, on more than one occasion, spewed hatred towards Glu for pulling the awesome music game Beat It! from the appstore. Apparently, I got lucky...most of my old purcahases were either on different accounts or were wiped when itunes spit my ipod out.

Unfortunately, I'm too chicken to hook my phone up to my PC, due to my past experiences with itunes.

So I was thinking...there should be an abandonware site devoted to ios games. It is not possible to obtain Beat It! through any commercial avenue. As far as I'm concerned, once media of any form is no longer obtainable comercially, it should enter the Public Domain. Copyright holders should be required to make their works available, in some way or form, in order to retain the rights to their material.

...but that's just my view on things.

2. krisko6

krisko6 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    College Student, Intern at an engineering company.
    Bakersfield, CA
    Why was Beat It! pulled from the App Store? I too have a copy. I believe also that both Glyder titles were pulled as well.

It would be an interesting idea to make a site for abandoned or pulled apps, though it's possible someone would use it to leak an app that's pulled before it is ready.

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yup, both Glyders were pulled. I managed to recover the first, but not the sequel. I've heard many different reasons as to why it was pulled, but none satisfy me. After all, even if a developer stops updating their application and doesn't want new users to purchase it, I believe ie can be "hidden" in the AppStore, only available to previous purchasers.

All I know is it got pulled right around the time Glu was moving to 100% freemium games.