Anybody else not bother updating their OS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ackmondual, Feb 12, 2016.

1. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    IpT5 is still on ios7. I heard you're rolling the dice on ios8... some have said it's fine. Others, they wish they hadn't. And of course concerned that it would break some games. If I need to update and the IpT5 can't handle ios9 well, then we'll see what our options are then.

Ipad Air is still on ios8. I'm sure it can handle ios9 just fine, but again, why fix something if it isn't broken.

2. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    I always wait a bit. And there's some bad press about iOS 9 at the moment, Apple have included something that if you try to get a repair from a non Apple technician it bricks the device.

3. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I won't update anymore until I clear most of my backlog, which might take a while.
    I don't trust anymore OS updates, as many games break. Even less now, when Apple might be doing shady things on error 53.

Honestly? I hope Apple get nuked from the mobile throne, since I lost my faith in them. And that the next major player do a better job.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im on 8.4.1 myself. Past that, and MHFU wont work anymore. I actually wanted to stick to iOS7, but there was an FF7 issue (which was fixed i believe) on iOS7 that i went up to iOS8.

On the bright side, i saved some bucksies holding of on buying a new phone as it comes with the latest OS. Also made me realize that i didnt really need a new phone yet. Or im just sourgraping. :p

5. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I am still on iOs 8.4 as well, and for exactly the same reason. I didn't shell out on Monster Hunter just to then get it ripped away from me.

I really wanted to pick up Chrono Trigger during the Christmas sale, but it's now been over-updated. I was very pleased Square Enix didn't make FFIX an iOS 9 app...

I'll update when Capcom pull their fingers out.

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    #6 Fangbone, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Yeah I was on 8.4.1 for a long time with my iPhone and iPad. Reluctantly updated my iPad to 9.2 because I wanted to be able to play Star Chindy and was going to keep phone on 8.4.1 so I could play Monster Hunter. Decided to just go ahead and upgrade iPhone to 9.2 as well because honestly I never played Monster Hunter a lot on my iOS devices. Plus I have one of the new 3DS's so I get my Monster Hunter fix on there with mh4u which is superior to the iOS Monster Hunter anyhow.

7. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    I am staying on iOS 9.2 unless 9.3 fix all my bugs- and do not bring newer problem

8. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Typical Apple,

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's cute. :D

10. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    My ipad mini 2 is still at 8.1.4.. Don't even bother to update the os since they remove ifunbox compatibility.. But now I mainly game on my android though... crashlands FTW