Mobile gamers kind of annoy me.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GKDAIR, Dec 20, 2013.

1. GKDAIR

GKDAIR Member

Apr 20, 2013
    "5 dollars, too much for me"

You own an iphone, but 5 dollars for a game is too much?

I see this pop up all the time in the comments and just on general forums. I've even seen people here complain that San Andreas is too expensive, or Lego Star Wars The Complete Series is too expensive at 10 dollars.

Are you kidding me? You know how many hours these games take right? I've already spent more than 7 hours in San Andreas, that covers the cost of the app right there.

I'm not trying to sound like a spoiled brat, I mean I'm a broke college student, but if you can't afford less than the price of a mcdonalds hamburger for an app that will literally last you dozens upon dozens of hours, there's something wrong with you.

2. andrewb21

andrewb21 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Developer, artist, designer, programmer and janito
    Los Angeles
    Truth bomb. :)

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    You kidding me? They are not. Because they are kids... Actual kids, who got Idevices from there parents. These complaints are only a portion of people on 1 forum. Millions of people don't complain. You're stressing over a minor issue. People will always complain... I mean brats and spoilt kids.

4. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    $5 isn't too much as a one off, or even several times.
    BUT $5 several times a week, IS too much.
    Even 99c is too much because there are millions of apps on the AppStore, so is 99c is nothing then why don't you spend millions buying the entire app catalog!?
    That's why pocket change is rendered "too much" by iOS gamers, because the frequency of purchases is just too high. Hundreds of new games every week, $5 per week accounts to around $250 per year, but that's just one app per week, most people spend around $-0 per week, meaning $500 per year, which is probably around the same cost as their device.
    That's a lot of money when you consider people JB their device and never pay a cent for any apps at all, potentially we could save thousands, so instead when you see someone complain of a price, instead be appreciative that they at least support the devs by not jail breaking and stealing the games instead.

I spend almost a grand on the AppStore last year, and vowed not to do it anymore, now I'm very strict with my spending. I'm also a broke student, so yeah, I don't get too bummed with the "price is too high" comments, instead I respect them for not JBing, and I often also wish for a sale, but I'm not usually vocal about it, I'll just set an Appzap alarm and wait patiently.

5. Yourplague

Yourplague Well-Known Member

May 7, 2012
    #5 Yourplague, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    I think anyone who complains about apps being over a dollar deserves to be jabbed in the throat, i think its just ignorant.Your trying to tell me that developers countless hours making a game is only worth 99 cents to you? Do you walk into the dollar store expecting to get good quality? Why the hell do you expect it from a mobile game?I honestly couldn't care less if your a kid or the fact that theres a million and one apps in the app store.When i was a kid and i wanted something my parents wouldn't buy me i worked for it ,5 dollars is easy money even for a child.And do you think developers should cater to the fact that its expensive to buy a bunch of 5 dollar apps each week?Who's telling you to buy them all this week?Don't be a brat pick which ones you an afford for now and come back to the ones you want when you can afford it. I feel bad for mobile developers, after all there hard work to make something come to life on your phone they have to listen to a bunch of kids complain about its price when there already selling there games for almost nothing.And i appreciate them not jbing but if a developer put the work in im sure they could stop jbers from playing there app.When i was a administrator for graal i could see the exact number of people with jb devices online at anytime and the cost of everthing for them was twice the amount as it would be if you were not jb.So im sure theres a way to make a jb check on your game that will boot jbers.

6. natedogg213

natedogg213 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Blogger
    Colorado
    It is almost as annoying as people who complain about mobile users complaining.

7. "Gamers in General Kinda Annoy Me"

Fixed your title.

Gamers from any type of group can be really annoying, and that's no surprise. Have you seen IGN comments, or the GameFAQs message boards? Absolute cesspits.

8. GKDAIR

GKDAIR Member

Apr 20, 2013
    The Gamefaqs boards are nothing but a giant sarlacc pit of despair, hatred, and depression. Easily the worst boards I have ever visted in my life. These people are literally one message away from blowing their brains out.

IGN Comments make the circlejerking on Reddit look tame. IGN is all knowing and all powerful and the greatest gift to mankind ever, if you read the comment section.

9. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013

IGN is gamer 'nam.

People always wait or look for a better deal.
    No needa be offended by it.
    Wouldn't you like tah save a buch every now and then?