iPhone Zombie Cruise (by Tuonela Productions)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Alyssa, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Alyssa

Alyssa Member

May 31, 2012
    We have been working on our upcoming romantic action adventure game Zombie Cruise. It is set on a luxurious single's cruise ship that gets hit by a zombie infection. Zombie Cruise is not just another zombie shooter: survival calls for devious planning, fast reflexes and the mastery of art of hitting on hot babes. Zombie Cruise will be released in late summer/early fall.

Here's a gameplay video:

What do you think about switching from 2D models to 3D models?

www.facebook.com/ZombieCruise

2. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I really like the 3D style I'm looking forward!!!

3. Alyssa

Alyssa Member

May 31, 2012
    Here's a sneak peek to the lvl 2: the Pink Flamingo Club.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here our protagonist, the ship's DJ Alex, works his magic. The music will keep party people happy, but it is a great way to distract zombies as well. Even with the infection they still have a vague idea what they came to the ship for. Playing dance music will attract party zombies to the dance floor (and you can run, run for your life :)).

4. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Thanks for the info Alyssa Keep up the good work!!!!!

5. Alyssa

Alyssa Member

May 31, 2012
    The first episode has 9 levels and most of them are set in one location. The picture of our glorious cruise ship you refer to, only shows some of the locations. For example there will be a lot of action in the hallways not shown in the deck plan.

Zombie Cruise is planned to have 3 episodes, so the whole ship will be explored and even more locations revealed.:)

And yes, we will release Zombie Cruise on iPhone as well.

6. Alyssa

Alyssa Member

May 31, 2012
    Zombie Cruise will have lots of interesting features. One of them are the photos and articles of the seasoned and sauced gonzo journalist Frank Gambina. His articles might not be the most coherent ones, but highly entertaining, and perhaps there is a shred of truth in his ramblings...;)

Frank, Hunter S. Thompson of our time...
    [​IMG]

..and one of the Frank-cam photos.
    [​IMG]

7. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The game reminds me of another zombie game that was released back in Feb/March for ipad. I can't recall the name, but you walk around pick up stuffs, scavenge items, and shoot zombies.

8. Alyssa

Alyssa Member

May 31, 2012
    #8 Alyssa, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    I'll have to check that one out!:) Let me know if you'll find the name of that game. Zombie Cruise is more like a sneaking/puzzle game. Our protagonist only has his wits, fists and charm to use to survive... Zombie shooters are great fun, but we wanted to do something different ;).

9. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    The game is called "end night".
    And its more of a survival horror game.
    So not the same as zombie cruise, i mean the gameplay Alyssa descriped is diffirent from "end night".

I'm looking forward to this game, since its something diffirent then most zombie games. Also love the subtle hints to hunter s thompson and it reminds me a bit of leisure suit larry... Singles cruise, goodlooking women, the humor.
    I'll probabbly buy this the day it hits the app store.

Ill keep checking this topic for some more info on this game. :)

10. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Just looking at the video you had at the start of the thread I've got a small concern... It seems that the font size is really small for the game. Is this really the case. I don't like having to strain to read the stuff on the screen.

Any chance to pop it up a bit?

11. Alyssa

Alyssa Member

May 31, 2012
    #11 Alyssa, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    Do you mean the font of the dialogue window at the gameplay video? That is already fixed, the new dialogue window is seen on the second video of the first post and the font is now significantly bigger. But good point, we will definitely pay great attention to the font size, especially for the iPhone version.

12. Alyssa

Alyssa Member

May 31, 2012
    Introducing Kate Golden, DJ Alex's ex-girlfriend and the ship's nurse. Kate is smart, level-headed and devoted to her job. Her no-nonsense attitude is what made her eventually call it quits with Alex. Even though her responsible attitude makes her seem quite humorless, she does have her fun side.

[​IMG]

13. Alyssa

Alyssa Member

May 31, 2012