Report Post button not obvious enough? Perhaps a text link instead?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by MidianGTX, Mar 19, 2011.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Vovin told me to come here :rolleyes:

One of the members mentioned in this topic that he didn't know where the report button was. He has over 400 posts so it struck me that the button probably isn't obvious enough to a lot of people.

My suggestion was to change the graphic to a "Report Post" text link to aid visibility and get more of our users helping out with removing offensive/spam posts.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Nice boy! (Tattletale. :p )

But yes, you're right.
    Unless you know the specific use of the triangle, the symbol is barely noticeable.

3. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Have to agree this is a good idea. I'd just recently started using it although I've known of it from the start but have since reported bots or even a full blown jerk that was totally being arrogant. Normally ignore them but was against a dev with an epic game. I actually felt way better to do this than to want to flame him/her.

MidianGTX's idea would help clear up mess'es in a more efficient fashion if it had a small title. Maybe under the current icon seeing that people are at least familiar with it although not knowing what it's use was for.

4. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I am pretty sure this is a forum standard

5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    That makes no difference. If it's not working as well as it should then it's a bad standard. There's always room for improvement.

6. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    #6 ArcheAngel, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    Make a categorized quick tab drop box

Make a "report" tab that when pressed drops a box to categorize and link the report to the thread when delivered to the "mod box"

Flag: (which could be a flag icon or the word in text)
    -Spam
    -Offensive
    -Offtopic
    -Report (let's you write your own report comments)

Something along those lines...this would make it a lot easier for the mods to moderate more efficiently and it would save both mod and members time from having to explain or read a long winded complaints.

I think reforming the report tab is a great idea since it's not an obvious tab or icon. Someone could easily push it just to see what it does not knowing it's a report.

But I've never once seen TA reform the site based off of member suggestions....that's not to say it's never happened.

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I think they've made a couple of small changes... I just can't remember what they are :p

Hodapp's told us a few times they've got nice things planned for the forum. It's hard to say if they'll ever appear but if they do this would be a nice addition to them.

8. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    This site needs a chat and a mobile skin.

9. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    That sounds good to me (except for posty!). Only the admins can decide if it'll be worth the trouble or not though.

Does adding new forum categories not considered as site reform? The iphone game release section, upcoming games section, promo codes, Price Drops and freebies, user reviews, mmo codes all were added after someone posted here in the site feedback section. Also the tag was included on members request too. So as long as they think it'll be worth the troble, they'll definitely do something about it.

10. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    I agree. changing it to text might feel a bit off. if someone has time, a simple

graphic that fits in the diamond might be better.

arn