The Collectables - based on Crytek's CRYENGINE technology

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Singer, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Singer

Singer Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    #1 Singer, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Crytek is joining forces with the leading mobile games company DeNA to develop its first free-to-play mobile game called The Collectables.

Available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices through DeNA's mobile games platform Mobage, The Collectables boasts stunning visuals based on Crytek's CRYENGINE technology. The game blends action and tactics as players lead a squad of unconventional soldiers on do-or-die missions around the globe.

"DeNA offers unparalleled experience in the mobile gaming space, and we’re excited to be collaborating with their team to deliver The Collectables to players," stated Paha Schulz, Director of Business Development, Games-as-a-Service at Crytek. “The Collectables will be the first free-to-play mobile game that leverages Crytek’s cutting-edge 3D game technology CRYENGINE.”

Featuring over-the-top gunfights and classic larger-than-life action heroes, The Collectables invites players to assemble a team from a variety of unique soldiers and upgrade their weapons and abilities before heading into combat. With diverse enemy types to battle, game-changing rewards to unlock and immersive 3D battlefields to dominate, The Collectables will keep everyone coming back to the frontline when it’s released in 2014.

Source - http://appdaily.ru/announcement/138-the-collectables-pervyy-ekshn-na-osnove-tehnologiy-cryengine.html

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      141 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      159.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Singer

Singer Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    new screen - look nice shots

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      164.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      177.2 KB
      Views:
  3. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    CryEngine on mobiel :O

I remember the days when first Crysis was too cool for my PC.
    And now the mobile phones are better than that PC was.
    Sigh.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woah hot damn!

5. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I'll reserve judgement on the free to play model until it's in my hands but I can say that the game look fantastic. Holding out hope it's not a cash grab!

6. batmania15

batmania15 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Any news on release date?

7. Mr2far

Mr2far Active Member

Jan 3, 2014
    I kinda feel like this game isn't coming out for a long time because I have searched all over the web an haven't seen much to go off of... We can only wish it comes soon...

8. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Free to play = tons of iap :/

9. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I don't know what to make of this. Crytek, is known for making flashy games, with little substance. Plus this is f2p, which- depending on how it's done- could be terrible.

10. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Need new or appox release date

11. Marcel_GE

Marcel_GE Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Germany
    It will come this week. I think on Thursday.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It's already out on soft launch in New Zealand.

Funnily enough it showed up in the UK/Ireland store Yesterday as well on full release.
    Didn't check any more stores, I just assumed it had hit everywhere but it seems to be out randomly in a range of international stores.

13. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I am now at island 5 with full rare members and the difficulty now is jaw breaking. I still can advance but at a snail speed. I may need 10 tries now to get pass a sub level in the island. For each try I need 20 energy, and my energy bar is at 140 so I have 7 tries per 12hrs, if I am lucky I am able to clear 1 or 2 sub level per 1 or 2 days which I felt is snail speed and boring.

The IAP inside is expensive too.

Thus, don't really recommend playing this.

14. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Thanks for letting us know so we don't have to waste time or space to ios device!

15. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    Don't forget Fibble was a Cryengine game also.

16. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Well it's free! No harm in trying. If it's good I'll keep playing and if it's bad I might just keep it to show off how good it looks

17. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Nevertheless, the graphic is top notch, one of best. From the team behind crysis series.

Yea, it's free so the difficulty is at hell level. Unless u drop some cash, I don't think you can complete the current 8 maps.

18. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Crytek makes terrible games, that look pretty. Crytek is a motel filled with kim kardashian call girls.

19. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    I played crysis 1 and 2 and I don't think those 2 are terrible game. It's one of the best shooting game during that period. Probably u suck at shooting? Lol