Beat Mini(a)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LaIPHONEdev, May 29, 2009.

1. LaIPHONEdev

LaIPHONEdev Member

May 29, 2009
    #1 LaIPHONEdev, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
    i am working on a rhythm game which i have dubbed "beat minia" which is basically a clone of beatmania dj troopers.

this game is going to need beta testers but more importantly, its going to need people who are willing to also make levels for launch.

it will be free and .99 and is almost done. will post pics this weekend.. please pm me for more info. looking for people who have expertise in rhythm games and who are also willing to not just beta test it, but also make levels.

The game will accept a standard format for levels and we will not host any copyrighted material, but if you own other music or find it other places its on you if you want to play it.. ;)

here is a screen shot to hold people over till i get my video camera(hopefully tonight) then i can shoot a quick video.

[​IMG]

2. sfpsp

sfpsp Member

May 24, 2009
    Just googled Beat Mania. Looks cool. I can beta test if you want (no experience).

3. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I would love to beta test! PM sent.

4. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I can also beta test and have a ton of experience with other games!

5. redsoxsrule424

Apr 18, 2009
  6. redsoxsrule424

Apr 18, 2009
    That screenshot looks interesting, can't wait to find out what else is in store!

7. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
  8. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    You weren't kidding when you said it looks like Beatmania IIDX 15th DJ Trooper. Good tihng you didnt choose the theme of Empress... and I'm curious to see Beatmania IIDX 17th SIRIUS. I'll send you a PM after I finish up some things, I am intrigued by this.

9. LaIPHONEdev

LaIPHONEdev Member

May 29, 2009
    lol yea.. its a total ripoff, but im also doing this game really quick. Just cause it isnt taking me long doesnt mean it wont be AAA.
    If it does well at all ill actually consider doing a pt.2 but without ripping off another beatmania release. As long as i make sure they all can run the same levels ;)

10. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Well just to be clear, I didn't mean what I said in a negative way. Could we see like maybe how the gameplay interface looks like? Or maybe a video of sample gameplay?

11. LaIPHONEdev

LaIPHONEdev Member

May 29, 2009
    Im getting my video camera tom hopefully so i can make a quick video tom or sunday night. If i have to ill shoot the simulator but id rather get actual footage since it looks so much better on the device. Also multi touch in the simulator is pretty impossible so the gameplay video would be kind of lame.

I just posted that screenshot to show i wasnt BS. that screenshot is also missing animation effect which is why there is a red box behind the middle..
    The animations are looking so cool i dont want to spoil it showing much more till its complete.