iPhone/iTouch game tournaments

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Olord, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Olord

Olord Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    hey everyone,

I always wondered whether there was the possibility to play a tournament of some of the more popular apps, but couldn't find anything on Google or the forums (but I'm a total newbie so maybe I just didn't see it). For me, facing my opponents directly in an ongoing event and having the possibility to win something (probably just honour) is much more exciting than trying to beat a highscore or playing them just for fun. I'm no crack of any iPhone game, but there are one or two apps I'd love to play in a competition to have fun and see how good I am. This would be preferably for free and just about the honour, but with rules and a matchmaking-system. Maybe some kind of league would be even better, where participants have (e.g.) 10 weeks to play 10 opponents and the results would be submitted somewhere. At the moment I have games like x2 Football 2010, Highborn, Galcon, Dino Smash, Eliminate Pro, Armada and N.O.V.A. in my mind. Is there an existing possibility to do that or would anyone be interested in such a thing, organized by ourselves here on TA?

I wasn't sure whether this is the correct section, sorry if not. Thanks

2. APP-MASTER-360

APP-MASTER-360 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    It would be really hard to organise but it would be possible amongst developers like Gameloft and such.

3. Olord

Olord Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Well, a "league" wouldn't be hard to organise at all,you could just do it in another thread. But obv. there's no interest at all in such a thing (surprises me though) :(

4. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    Well if you could put 4 people in a tilt to live game and have it play out as last man standing, and base the tourney off of that, it would have PLENTY of interest. Then again that's just an example.

You could get a league started and have something like BIA2 or NOVA tourneys. Good luck keeping it honest and fair though.

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I actually wanted to try this with NOVA myself. Get a group of people together, then at the end of the match have everyone submit photos of the results screen as a confirmation of who won. Also, seeing as hacking in such a game is easily noticed, it could be reported and the player disqualified.

If you're going to try to set a tournament, I'm all for it. I'd be more than willing to help organize it as well.

6. Olord

Olord Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Tilt to live doesn't have an online-multiplayer-mode, does it (I might have missed something important...)? So that will probably stay a dream for now.

But with NOVA it seems possible. We just need more people... maybe if at least two others announce their interest here, we could start and hope for it to become a bit more popular after some time. I don't know how truthful people are here, but maybe it's sufficient to just post the results and use the screenshots only as a backup in case someone's trying to deny his loss.

How can you tell someone is hacking? I never saw it on an idevice (he might be just very good).

spread the word!

7. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
  8. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Oh wow, an Armada tournament sounds great. Maybe even a doubles tournament, where two people make a truce :p A bunch of people here have Armada.

9. Olord

Olord Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    So we'll try Archetype in the other thread, but if enough people participate here, we could play any of the aforementioned games (NOVA, Armada,...).