Gamecenter broken. Must submit report a bug to fix

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jayg2015, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Ok everyone . Here is our chance to get this fix this bug.
    Everyone must submit to bugreport.apple.com that has the gamecenter bug.
    Report it as the title
    "infamous gamecenter bug"

Gamers from around the web are doing this today.
    weve been asking all major iOS gaming site owners and iOS developers to do this. This is hurting everyone . Not just those with the bug but iOS site owners and game developers.
    We all have the power to change things so why not help.

Please share everywhere and let's get his fixed.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Gamecenter is acting weird again, suddenly all my friends pictures were gone including my own, I am afraid that in about 5 days Gamecenter is dead (cry out loud).

What does everybody think will happen.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wasnt there official news that GC will be scrapped eventually?

4. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    No not officially but TA said something like it will be replaced for something else, that's all I know, Gamecenter is still acting weird my picture is gone the one from MMMfingers.

5. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
  6. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Game Center will still exist but as an integrated background service that is only accessible from within games that support it. Only the Game Center app itself is being done away with. Friends will be handled through the "new messaging app", I believe. Not sure exactly how that part works.

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah that's all true, I watched the video, so not much is changing then, but why get rid of the Gamecenter app is beyond me, I use it everyday, why does everything has to change whyyyyyyyyy ha ha, okay I am good, you can acces friends via settings and so, will see about that.

I stay with Apple because they have the best devices, but don't srcew it to much Apple.

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    It's suppose to be gone on iOS 10.
    What is weird is my friends are complaint of losing photos that weren't deleted as well

9. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah, all my photo's of my friends are gone as well as my own, I think I need to install the healthkitt to rescue Gamecenter ha ha.

10. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I've come to the acceptance phase, but nothing would pleasure me more game wise than to see a class action lawsuit filed by game publishers, developers, and or customers. This is going to take a lot of enjoyment away from some people who love the service.

iPhone 7+ my ass. Time to get an Android phone this Fall. As for the Air 1 and 2, I will continue to enjoy quality games but will focus a lot of game time on the consoles.

The major reason why I feel so strongly actually has little to do with leaderboards and achievements. Rather, it has to do with the GameCenter bug from last year where people spent numerous hours trying to get the resolution fixed via Apple, friends, factory restoring and what have you.

11. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah Donny I feel you, I am a bit sad, I am number 915 on Gamecenter out of 440 million people and what brings it me now, Shit and bucket loads.

Apple has no idea how much they need the gaming people, they just ignore us, Apple has become great not by the iphone but the games you can play on it, wake up call for Apple, Steve Jobs is dead and the rest is dying soon enough.

12. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #12 ROGER-NL, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    I am on IOS 10, what a load of bullocks, Gamecenter is gone, they said you can manage things in settings, well the only thing you can manage is to remove all your friends ha ha ha, what a load of you know what I mean.

What a sad day for me, what a sad day for Apple, losing lots of custumors now.

13. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I can't understand Apple. Really. I hope someone step up and take they place as the najor mobile gaming platform.

14. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Man - I miss the Game Center App already. I can now not see if I will make it to the top 25 of Geoff Minter's iOS games. It really is sh*te!!

15. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Time for an independent, "third-party" Game Center app? I hope that Apple left that a possibility. The GC servers are still there as games are still able to access their own leaderboards, but is there an API to access the GC servers in a more general way?

I cannot imagine the reasoning behind removing the GC app. It is such a disregard for many customers. For now, I won't be upgrading my current device to 10 and it could very well mean I won't be buying any new iOS device.

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    After one day of absent I am back on the forums, can't live without, I was just furious about the Gamecenter debacle, it still hurts me bad.

17. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Day 3 - and I still miss the Game Center App. Even the Internet doesn't care.

18. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Ditto to the fourth power.

19. Evid3nce

Evid3nce Member

Apr 23, 2013
    We really need a third party app I'm surprised that TA didn't speak that much about this.

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #20 coolpepper43, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore! This is a yuge slap in the face to all ios gamers. In the past, Apple has made some really selfish and stupid decisions that have left a bad taste in my mouth but this tastes like cow ****. I wish Apple would treat gamers better especially after essentially putting out of business all the other good third party leaderboard companies. This leaves us with nothing. :(