Another victim of piracy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by IpodLady, Oct 28, 2009.

1. IpodLady

IpodLady Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
    Sorry, i dont have a link for this. Info came thru private correspondence. Super Juicy, bubble popping game by a small independent Dev, is the latest in a long line of victims of piracy. They were enjoying sales of 20 downloads a day and were quite pleased, until they found a pirate site that had 4000 downloads a day. Thats way more than even 90%, more like 99%.

If you are able to, show a little support for this small independent Dev and download his App. It's only .99. It may not do anything to stop the scummy pirates, but it shows the victims that at least some of us are behind them. Even if you just post on this thread cause you cant afford the purchase. Do something to continue this stand we are taking against piracy.

I am in no way affiliated with this Developer. Just doing my part to stop the pirates.

Thank You

Super Juicy

Berzerker Games LLC
    Transform your iphone into a boiling bouncing container full of colorful bubbles that move and react realisitically as y…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Transform your iphone into a boiling bouncing container full of colorful bubbles that move and react realisitically as you play. Touch groups of 3 or more of the same color to pop them. Don't let it fill up! If you like tetris, bubble burst, bejeweled etc, this is right down your alley. Very well crafted - bright, zesty and lots of fun! TouchGen.com - Editors Choice, 5/5, Best of 2009 Finalist! Top 50 Puzzle Game! #1 Kids game on iPad! ------- www.appsmile.com - 5 Dimples! Super Juicy: Bubble Popping Joy Joy For All! Lovely graphics, a nice dedicated theme tune and really easy-yet-intriguing play make this a must have for all quick fix puzzle gamers out there. www.TouchGen.com - 5/5 Editors Choice, Best of 2009 Finalist! "one of the best games I've played this year." "I think that Super Juicy may just be the Doodle Jump of match-3 games!" www.appsized.com: "One. of. my. favorite. games. EVER. It's bubble wrap in Technicolor. Yummy graphics and sounds. Super Juicy should be on the list of the best iPhone/iPod Touch games ever." www.appcraver.com (9/10!): Super Juicy is bringing a new kind of action to the popular genre started by Bejeweled. The point is still to match like objects, but instead of jewels or parrots Super Juicy is all about the bubbles, baby. Moving bubbles that float, squeeze and grow in an ever-changing dance that kept me engaged for all 38 levels. www.pocketfullofapps.com (OVERALL 10/10!) : The graphics are fun, and great for all ages. Sound is equally well done, and this game will keep you playing for a long time. Quotes: ------ "As is, it will probably become one of my showcase apps, with the new update that's a no brainer." "See, just looking at screenshots doesn't do it justice. I was expecting animation of the "falling sprite" kind. This game does NOT do that. The bubbles falling interact with each other in a natural way. The 'stickiness' of bubbles can be 'felt' via the interaction. They bounce against each other and gravity and other bubbles shape them." "Even if you are a hard core gamer, you should have a place in your heart (and springboard), for this type of nuanced, casual, pick up and play game..." "Fun! Like tetris and bubble wrap got married and had a baby and called it super juicy!" "Fun game. Quite enjoyed it." "One of the more creative match 3 games, that anyone can appreciate." "This is game very intense and fun. I love it one of my favorite new games!.... Very Polished and good concept" Description --------- 5 Game Modes! Bluetooth and Wifi Multiplayer! 39 Levels! Online leaderboards! In-Game Achievements! Super Juicy is non-stop bubble popping fun for the whole family! Earn points by popping groups of three or more matching bubbles. Tap bonus items for more points. Avoid hazards such as spikes and unbreakable bubbles. Use special powers such as bombs and black holes! Super Juicy has: - Silky smooth, realistic physics - 40 unique levels - Many bonus levels - Auto-save feature in case your game is interrupted - High score list to record your best games - Juiciest game on iPhone! Super Juicy is expected to be 100% BUG-FREE! If you encounter a bug, please help me out by contacting me at [email protected]. AGON Online by Aptocore ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ AGON Online is a leading social gaming platform for iPhone and iPod Touch games enabling: • Online leaderboards • Location aware scores • Awards system • Friends lists • Persistent player profile • Facebook and Twitter integration
    Information
    Seller:Berzerker Games LLC
    Genre:Arcade, Puzzle
    Release:Sep 01, 2009
    Updated:Nov 15, 2013
    Version:1.24
    Size:16.0 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    This dev is active on our forum. This is really starting to get ridiculous. This app is $.99 and worth every penny. People cracking one dollar apps by independent developers are really low. I really hope if anyone here has pirated this app, they delete it, and buy it legitimately from the dev who is one of our members. If you know anyone who has it cracked, put some peer pressure on them. This is going to need to be a grassroots movement among the gaming community. Piracy sucks. It's wrong, and it needs to stop.

3. jaikben

jaikben Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009

Cut all the crap with these PR stunts, offcourse piracy is bad and offcourse you will miss some sales, but this is really out of control every developer which doesn't have a big seller is now "announcing" that their half baked game could have sold a lot of more copies. To all developers:

- Put more security checks in the game
    - Go back to java ( never hear developers complian, and its really worse then iphone )
    - develop for other platforms in which you think there is less piracy

Good luck to all, this is a gaming site no a "report piracy site", 1 topic is enough

4. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    I agree. I fell very bad for devs that lose money because of piracy but this is just starting to feel very fishy ........4000 download a day ? sorry but that's doubtful ...........

I am very against any form of piracy though being a gamer for many years. It's just that something is just not right about some of these posts about lost sales.

5. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, and this gaming site may soon have no point if developers stop producing games for this platform. I think that there should be MORE anti-piracy visibility, not less. Each of your suggestions are condescending and easy for you to say, as I'm sure you're not a developer with your attitude. EDIT: I just don't understand ANYBODY being annoyed with anti-pirate sentiment unless they use cracked apps.

6. jaikben

Apr 8, 2009
    Shouting everyday about how bad the iphone platform is, is not the way to tackle piracy every developer knows that, they should NOT confront the end consumer with this but Apple and/ or the sites who offer cracked apps.

Go make a forum with anti piracy topics, and complain their

7. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    This is a gaming forum. Piracy unfortunately is a part of gaming, so I don't want to complain "there". Apple needs to step up, but so do gamers. Stop stealing. I get so pissed off at people who come on here talking about things they've STOLEN. I interact with devs all the time on this forum. I imagine that there are people who are interacting with the people they've STOLEN from. That's wrong. If you're going to steal something from me, don't come to me later and complain about what you've stolen, and tell me it needs to be improved. I repeat, it sounds to me like people are trying to justify their stealing. Period.

8. cranker

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    #8 cranker, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    Since all games are being pirated unfortunately, this could take over the forum topics if everey dev posts about his/ her game and also will turn into a PR from some devs.....................4000 a day ? maybe..................

There has to be another forum to discuss individual games, sales...etc...

9. jaikben

Apr 8, 2009
    Options ( even more now ):

*So make a site and complain.
    *Pissed off buy a stress ball.
    *Really help make a site get developers to publicly report device ids which they can use a masterlist to always block.

Just stop complaining on a gaming site and enjoy gaming

10. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    My response to your options:

*Kiss
    *My
    *Ass

11. jaikben

Apr 8, 2009
    #11 jaikben, Oct 28, 2009
    My response:

:eek: constructive eeh

12. cranker

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    Well according to the dev ,at 4000 a day from just one site, that would be about 100,000 a month ...........it's a cool game but those numbers do not seem to make sense actually, no offence.

I feel bad for the dev but 2 wrongs don't make a right and I am not saying these numbers are wrong but this situation could get out of control and no one will know what id true and what is PR.

13. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    at least as constructive as your "options".

14. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Look, I agree that we don't need to have a thread for every game that is getting pirated, but I do think that the gaming community as a whole needs to be more concerned about the fact that we may stop getting these great games developed if people can't afford to make them.

15. jaikben

Apr 8, 2009
    I look for solutions you just keep complaining, see the difference "mister propaganda", make A forum section for all these topics and everybody is happy.

16. cranker

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    100% agree but again we don't want devs to make up numbers to get pity sales. I hate piracy but it bugs me when something seems fishy and I don't think this game would be getting those kind of numbers................could be wrong though................

17. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    READ. It's "minister of propaganda" and it's tongue in cheek. I did make a thread, and I started a group. It's in my sig. If you're not too busy stealing games, you're welcome to join. BTW, your "solutions" assume that all of the developers have the resources of EA or Gameloft. They don't.

18. jaikben

Apr 8, 2009
    #18 jaikben, Oct 28, 2009
    Resources or not indie developers can work things out together. All inovation against piracy is coming from indies and not the "big shots". Its the same in all sectors bigger companies steals /borrows from small independent people

Edit, I am not a native english speaker and or writer, if you have any problems with my writing then start learning my native language :)

19. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    This is the forum section for all these topics.. "General Game Discussion and Questions"

20. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Crap, how do I sort this out. Cranker is actually right, I don't know if anybody is downloading my game that much because I can't detect it. I told iPodLady in a PM about a *friends* game which I did not mention the name of. His game came out and was getting 20 sales per day like I said and we found a single download site that had over 4000 downloads in one day. I don't even know how many other sites have mirrored his game but we did get it removed from that one site. (I don't know what the major sources for pirated apps are)

We were literally seeing 99% piracy, over 100 pirate downloads for each single legitimate sale. The game I'm talking about is Haunted Cemetery.

I'm very sorry for the confusion, it was a PM though. I didn't expect this though I appreciate the thought. I did say in the PM that it was a friends game. If you look at these two games, you'll see that we advertise each other's games in our 'more games' screens.

Ok, begin the ridiculing! Very very very sorry for the confusion!!!!