New iphone gaming era coming. Well, possibly.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by 20happyballs, Sep 19, 2009.

1. 20happyballs

20happyballs Member

Sep 7, 2009
    I was reading up on the new Zune HD, and I just realized that we ipod touch/iphone owner's might be in for an even better, maybe much better, gaming future. I say this because the Zune and the Ipod Touch/Iphone have pretty much identical functionalities, although the Zune is quite a bit faster. Pretty soon we might be getting more big developers doing high quality cross platform games. If Microsoft starts advertising the Zune HD as a sort of portable Xbox, more game developers will support it and more people will start buying it. I heard the games NFS: Most wanted, PGR, and Call of Duty, are already being made for it. This however is also a good thing for us iphone/ipod touch owners because game developers working on a Zune HD game will probably start developing ports for the Ipod Touch and Iphone because they are very similiar and they want to make more money. The problem with the gaming side of the iphone/ipod touch right now is that not many big developers see it profitable to support it. But if they can make their portable games cross platform between the Zune HD and the ipod touch/iphone, they can definitely make a profit. What do you guys think?

2. Exile

Exile Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    student
    usa
    i can see this happening but the thing is apple really needs to make a game pad(direction buttons and action buttons) because the virtual joysticks can only go so far. A game pad would really open doors...:D

3. 20happyballs

20happyballs Member

Sep 7, 2009
    I actually started a thread about that earlier. You should check it out.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=24680

4. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I think that Microsoft is being derivative. Then again they have always copied Apple. Just my $.02:)

5. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
  6. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #6 CaseyLay, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
    It may seem possible, but don't expect any Microsoft bought companies to make iPhone games. That would be a rather high treason. A lot of devs for Xbox are bought by Microsoft, since that's what Microsoft did to make their console a success. They had to simply because they got off to a late start in gaming. Not as late as Apple, but late compared to Sony and the famous Nintendo.

I guess that would bring more people to it. But I like the touch and tilt controls a lot. I hope that the line of games made for a control pad dock will also be made for optional touch screen controls.

7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    All I know is the game now blow away the games we used to be excited about. Remember Paradise the Beginning? Hill Billy? Asphalt 4? Hell even Hero of Sparta looks old now, I'm sure if Gameloft did a sequel now it would crush it.

8. Zack101

Zack101 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Yeah sure, cod is coming to the iPod touch and zune HD, BUT some developer said the iPhone is more powerful than the wii and they had cod on the wii... Soo, even if they do it probably won't work unless it has some kind of addictive gameplay/multiplayer that cod 4 / 6 has then it will be good

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    To me this describes the PSPgo. It appears to have the same set up as an iPhone - sony store, downloads, etc but has control pad and buttons. Though I have owned all the handhelds, I just saw this as a copy cat and will wait to see what the games are before I decide if I get it or not. Right now my iTouch is my go to device for on the go. (Though the DS had some amazing titles the last couple weeks with Scribblenauts, Mario and Luigi RPG and coming up Kingdom Hearts)

10. 20happyballs

20happyballs Member

Sep 7, 2009