How do I delete a game from openfeint ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cranker, Sep 24, 2009.

1. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    Probably a silly question but when I see my list for the games I purchased with openfeint, even the ones I deleted like carmania are still on that list and I would like to delete the ones that I no longer have. How do I do this ?

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    You can't.

I would like to remove games off my list as well that have zero achievements in them but it's not possible.

Best you could do is email the openfeint guys and ask them to manually remove them from your account but idk if they do that....

3. cranker

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal

Kind of weird.............I like to rest out alot of games, but to not be able to remove one(s) you don't like ???

oh well.........

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Same applies for pretty much every system like this. Xbox360 achievements, PS3 trophies and so on...

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    My one complaint about about Open Feint. I am not sure if the other score tracking systems are similar. But you can't. I did go to the Open Feint website and went to the forums and set up a question. I made it private because you have to send your UDID to them and request a game to be removed from your device. Its not even your name or anything its your actual device for some reason. It took a couple weeks but eventually they did it.

Anyway I think if more people do this they will have to devise a way to allow users to remove the games they are no longer playing.

Oh and I did get some achievements in that game so the scores stayed but the game is gone.

Are the other trackers this way? Its because of this that I hesitate opening those achievement pages.

6. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
  7. cranker

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    With all the updates and the quality of openfeint itself, It's hard to believe. I thought I just missed sonething :( I hope they fix this soon and I will write them about it. I can't see any reason to omit that feature.

8. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
  9. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    No, no one can hack (I think.)
    Sometimes they MAKE you give them your UDID, so I think they would be aware if there were someone hacking.

10. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    But if you posted your UDID number publicly on their forum because they need it to erase the game, can't someone else do something with it?

11. mrchennyken

Mar 11, 2009
    Like what?
    The OpenFeint Support Team needs to go into the servers in order to delete the games. There's no possible way anyone else could hack into the servers.

12. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok just paranoid I suppose! Thanks!

13. mrchennyken

Mar 11, 2009
    Anytime :)
    Even if someone could hack, what would they be doing on a support website? :confused:

14. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I just thought they might be able to use it in other ways. I know that number is used to authorize beta testers and stuff like that so wasn't sure if someone with knowhow could delete stuff. Like I said - paranoid is all!

15. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    #16 scarypharaoh, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
    One thing to bear in mind guys, the way openfeint makes money for the developers of it is they get a cut from any apps purchased using the buy button on the openfeint dashboard. If anyone uses my list of games to purchase a game then I feel like I'm supporting the dev a little, and that means they get paid to keep improving the system that I love! So, I'm not criticising, it is totally your right to want to delete games if you want to, but I don't think I will if the option is put in.

Plus, isn't half the fun seeing what cheevies other people have gotten in game and trying to get them yourself? Otherwise what's the point?