Lookin for suggestions, what games should I buy?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MorteTorment, Feb 20, 2017.

1. MorteTorment

MorteTorment Active Member

Feb 4, 2017
    #1 MorteTorment, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Recently gotI have $25 to spend, what games would you recommend?

I'm into action games and a lot of different types of RPGs.

I prefer that it either be easy, or sorta medium difficulty, with little to no puzzles. Absolutely no roguelikes, as they have not, nor will they ever be my thing.

If you're stumped for how you can help me, some of my favorite games/series' are:

The Fallout series, Vampire The Masquerade:Bloodlines, The Witcher series, Daggerfall, Skyrim, Grand Theft Auto 4, Valkyrie Profile, Secret of Mana, Star Wars: KOTOR, Batman: Arkham series, Red Dead Redemption, The Secret World, Saint's Row, Max Payne, Mass Effect 2, Freelancer, and Darkstar One. Hopefulyl this will give you some sort of idea.

Thanks.

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #2 Dankrio, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    If porting to PC is an issue, you are going to have some trouble. Lol

Drylands, Mage Gauntlet, Implosion, Aralon, Swordigo, Goblin Sword, Galactic Keep, Teeny Titans, BrightRidge HD.

If you like Secret of Mana gameplay I higly recommend Wayward Souls, even if this one is a roguish. I used to hate rogues before it. You are going to have trouble finding action as well done as this one on iOS on that spirit.

3. MorteTorment

Feb 4, 2017
    Forgot to mention this. Infinity Blade is the first game that really caught my attention as an awesome mobile game. Would you all recommend getting it, or has it been surpassed?

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Infinity Blade trilogy is still the best on its category. It wasn't surpassed yet.

5. MorteTorment

Feb 4, 2017
    Would love some more suggestions.

6. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Dankrio has already highlighted most of the games I would mention. And yes, it's hard to avoid those ports. However, there are still lots of options.

The best straight, out-and-out action game on iOS is probably Implosion: Never Lose Hope. It's absolutely top class.

The Infinity Blade series is still good, though I'd argue you only need one. For an alternative, try Severed. It's admittedly a PSP Vita port, but it's a touchscreen game, so pretty much designed for iOS anyway.

For RPGs, there are now about 20 Square Enix RPGs, with fantastic ports of the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games, but if you want an original, there's Chaos Rings 3. Or try Adventures of Mana, which isn't an original per se but a complete reboot of an old Game Boy adventure/RPG. But their best game, IMHO, is The World Ends With You: Solo Remix, which is a great touchscreen action RPG, retooled for single-screen iOS from a DS game.

Then there's Crashlands, which is more or less an action RPG and, though it was a cross-platform release, the guys behind it have always been mobile first.

Have fun!

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Infinity Blade series is still one of a kind, definitely recommended if you like twitch-based action combat.

For action games in the broader sense I highly recommend Bastion and Transistor; some of the best soundtracks and voiceacting I know, on top of great games. In the same category, seconding Implosion: that one is about as good as you can get on iOS currently.

Of course, also seconding Brightridge HD ;) and Quest Treasure Adventure (here http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=301817) seems to be in the same vein, I'll be back in that thread with impressions later.

Now, onto the real RPGs:
    Everything from Spiderweb: a bit oldschool graphics, but good gameplay and great worldbuilding/storytelling.
    The 2 Baldur's Gates - and Icewind Dale if you prefer things more action-ey - might be something for you.
    And Ember of course. New RPG, and really well done.