Ring Blade - new game coming soon for iPhone and iPod Touch!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RoozMTS, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoozMTS

RoozMTS Active Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Co-founder of MindTrip Studios
    New Jersey
    Hi Everyone,

Just posted about this in another thread and they suggested I come here to talk about a game I'm working on. So, this is my very first game and we're hoping to submit to Apple this week. The game is called Ring Blade and it's basically like air hockey but you kill things.

It's a top-down shooter where you flick ring blades at enemies and ricochet them off walls for more points. There are no virtual thumbsticks or buttons (because I HATE those!) so it's all about your finger. You slide left and right to dodge enemies and flick-fire at the baddies. It's got 30 levels, 6 big, badass bosses, powerups, but is overall a simple, yet fast and frenetic game that I think uses the touchscreen instead of trying to get around it. It's also got a unique visual style.

Would love to know what y'all think and what not. Or if you have any questions on gameplay please feel free to ask.

Oh, and if you like what you see (or just generally want to show your support for an ex-law student turned hopeful game designer) go ahead and "like" us on facebook. MindTrip Studios! :)

-R-

Attached Files:

2. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    graphics are interesting, no endless?

3. RoozMTS

RoozMTS Active Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Co-founder of MindTrip Studios
    New Jersey
    Endless shooter, you mean? Not in the launch version no, but if it does well enough we definitely want to get a list ready for the updates. Also, I wasn't sure how to make endless work with bosses and I really wanted to add cool bosses. That said, some of the levels are created by a random enemy algorithm so things do get kinda crazy.

Oh! And it's 99 cents! Forgot to add that bit.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The graphics remind me of The World Ends With You.