Hyperlight: an extremely innovative action game available soon on AppStore!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CatfishBlues Games, Mar 5, 2011.

1. CatfishBlues Games

CatfishBlues Games Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    #1 CatfishBlues Games, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

-> NEED A DOSE OF ADRENALINE? <-
    Get ready for an innovative gaming experience, super-fast, psychedelic, get ready for Hyperlight! In this game tons of cosmic beings (our enemies!) runs after you but at the same time they can be torn to pieces at the speed of light! Remember the key rule: tilt to live!

-> TILT TO MOVE, AVOID, ATTACK, DEFEND! <-
    Hyperlight is an innovative action game focused on the use of the accelerometer, where you control a spaceship that increases its speed according to the inclination of the device, up to go faster than light thus becoming a lethal weapon capable to break down any enemy!

-> HAVE YOU EVER CONTROLLED AN INDESTRUCTIBLE COMET? <-
    You may have already played many action games that promise a fast-paced and fluid gameplay, but certainly nothing like what is proposed in Hyperlight!
    Turn on your F.T.L. (faster-than-light) engine, and splinter into infinity and beyond by making scorched earth around you! It will not be so easy to control your destructive fury!

-> TILT TO BECOME THE MOST FEARSOME WEAPON <-
    This time, for the first time in game like this, the enemies will have fear of you, because in Hyperlight your own spaceship can be turned into the most dangerous weapon, the ultimate weapon that can destroys the endless horde of evil cosmic beings otherwise destined to devour the universe.

-> BUT WAIT.. WE CAN'T TILT FOREVER! <-
    if that were not enough, you can increase your destructive power taking advantage of various bonuses and deadly weapons scattered throughout the levels, but always ensure you have a good supply of fuel if you do not want to meet a bad end! Also do not forget to perform ever more complex and satisfying attack combinations to cause massive destructions of enemies, if you aspire to reach galactic scores!

Turn on your engine and go, get ready for a unique experience!
    [​IMG]

-> TWO GAME MODES TO WARM YOU UP <-
    Hyperlight comes with two main game modes (more to come soon!)
    Arcade Mode is long and challenging, with a strategic verve, and includes very intriguing boss battles. Infinity Mode is much more immediate, just to keep you instantly satisfied. ;)

-> KEEP IN TOUCH WITH FRIENDS <-
    Hyperlight integrates at its best the Game Center, so you can keep track of your progress and compare them with your friends.

-> GREAT PERFORMANCE <-
    Hyperlight has been optimized for months and runs very well with high framerate even on 2° generation devices, and is also highly optimized for iPad2!

Hyperlight will be available by the end of April on App Store for the iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad).

Visit our YouTube channel
    Follow us on Twitter
    Visit our site: catfishbluesgames.com

Features:

* Universal App: runs in HD on iPad and Retina Display devices!!
    * Extremely innovative gameplay: tilt to move, attack and defend!
    * No complicated controls: use only the accelerometer to play!
    * Stunning 2.5D neon-style graphics and animated backgrounds.
    * High quality FX, particle effects, polytrails etc.
    * Exciting techno/dance and rock musics!
    * Arcade mode with 40 different levels.
    * Infinity mode for an endless fun.
    * Many different types of enemies and attack formations.
    * 8 Challenging boss battles.
    * 8 Special bonuses and destructive weapons.
    * Game Center support.
    * Local and Online highscores.
    * 24 Achievements.
    * Powered by Unity3D.

iPhone and iPod Touch Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Higher-Res screenshots here and here!

2. moonsault

moonsault Member

Mar 7, 2011
    WOW! It looks very impressive, can't wait! :)

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    What a surprise ! A 1 post user appears and says how great this game is looking ;)

4. moonsault

moonsault Member

Mar 7, 2011
    ? :confused:

5. CatfishBlues Games

Mar 5, 2011
    Thanks for your comment!

I also have updated the features list of Hyperlight, check it again.
    At the moment we are optimizing the graphics FX of the game for the iPad2 powerful GPU.. we will post new and enhanced videos soon, stay tuned! ;)

6. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I like the light trails behind movements, and I like how the background galaxy shifts with the tilt movement.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Game looks great but personally not a huge fan of tilt only games. Will there also be an onscreen joystick ?

8. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I'm curious too, but it does look like the gameplay is supposed to be more like Tilt To Live, as opposed to a dual-stick shooter.

9. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    A neon TtL sounds pretty good to me. And retina + GC right off the bat. Barring some ridiculous price or something, I'm sold.

10. CatfishBlues Games

Mar 5, 2011
    #10 CatfishBlues Games, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
    Thanks for the replies guys! ;)

Yes, the gameplay in Hyperlight is very similar to that in Tilt To Live, but has innovative twists and requires a more frenetic and 'destructive' playing style. You can collect different destructive weapons during a game, but also you can turn yourself into a weapon, by tilting the device beyond a certain limit.

At the moment we do not think to support other control systems other than accelerometer.

11. Salacion

Salacion Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    #11 Salacion, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
    You obviously have not played Dark Nebula! Get it while it's free sir. If done right, tilt-only controls prove to work fabulously.

Great work on this game so far too. Hyperlight looks excellent in all respects. There's a need for quality games with quality graphics, and not just the same cartoon-esque rehash, or purportedly retro-fitted games squeezing the life out of the app store.

12. moonsault

moonsault Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I'm also a big fan of the tilt-games, i think this genre is more appropriate for smartphones, compared to those with classical control system based on virtual sticks.

13. CatfishBlues Games

Mar 5, 2011
    Hi all :)

I want to inform you that Hyperlight has been delayed and will be published by the end of April. We have spent quite some time at optimizing graphics quality and framerate but now the game runs at full speed even on 2° generation devices! The game is now also enhanced for iPad 2!
    Game description and screenshots updated, too!

At the moment Hyperlight is in the approval process by Apple, so stay tuned! ;)

14. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Wow . This game looks great . Wanna pm me when it's out ? :p

15. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Sorry to hear about the delay, but glad to hear that it's been submitted already.

16. CatfishBlues Games

Mar 5, 2011
    Thanks! ;)

I will let you know when the game will be out.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Good point. Yep i've got Dark Nebula and you're right, it works very well with that. So yeah i should give this a go, i stand corrected !

I'm a huge vector fan, got quite a few on my ipod.

18. CatfishBlues Games

Mar 5, 2011
    gameplay videos just updated.

19. CatfishBlues Games

Mar 5, 2011
    Hyperlight will be available tomorrow on the AppStore, at the special launching price of 0.99$, do not miss it!

Become our fan on facebook!

20. SoulBlade

SoulBlade Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Looks like they took tilt to live and turned it into tilt to kill.